Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear journal.

I am sorry I haven't been able to write in you for a while. But things have been hectic.

In good news, Lanipator, a Green Stripe, and Ryu Hyubusa, a Neotropical, have announced that they have become mates, so Lanipator is now Lanipator Hyubusa. They have just laid an egg.

We also have a new frozen hatchling. ChibiFighter, a Albino. I know I've said that Albinos always gave me the creeps ( But not as much as White-Jackal-of-Fallen-Disgrace does. Castell Bianco always seems to be off by himself, and Vazzul......I have a feeling he's mentally challenged....He always talks so fast and it seems like he's....talking BACKWARDS.....I blame Kaloopahana....I REMEMBER there being a rumble in the cave and Kaloopahana nervously looking at the eggs....I say he dropped his egg a few times *coughcough*) But THIS hatchling is calm, not too wild but not antisocial either. As soon as he got his wings, he bravely walked up to Xeelos and politely asked her if he could be frozen for, " I feel like I can do more for the clan like this then if I am older." She said yes, and now ChibiFighter is a new, frozen, member of our clan. And I must say, I highly respect him.

But that's about were the good news ends....

A few days ago, we had lots of earthquakes coming from the surrounding clans. Xeelos went out to see what the commotion was about. The thought of what happened still makes me feel a bit ill. Earth dragons from the clans had lined up all their eggs and were making earthquakes to try and force the hatchlings out....Needless to say, lots of unborn dragons were killed. Lenale, a Purple dragon, was found in the back of the cave crying. Cyril said that when Xeelos had found her as a hatchling, she was forced out of her egg, possibly in a attempted to kill her. She managed to get away from the one who broken her egg, but she was highly injured and possibly would have died if Xeelos hadn't found her.

Xeelos was enraged at seeing this. She even attacked one of the Earth dragons until Darkness-the-curse tackled and attacked her. The two began fighting. I knew then who would win if this fight wasn't stopped. Xeelos was old, it sometimes it seems like it was all she could do to appear like she was fine. Darkness on the other hand, she was young and strong. I honestly wouldn't put it past her to try and kill Xeelos. I dunno what came over me, but I found myself rushing in the middle of the fight. I felt their claws hit me, then everything wen black. I woke up back in the cave, Yoko Kurama was sitting next to me. He said it was lucky that the worst that would happen to me was that I'd have a small scar on my flank. Though, I could tell he was grateful for what I had done. Though I had a sickening feeling....Would Darkness try to overthrow Xeelos to become leader? She had just attacked Xeelos....True, maybe she was just trying to keep her from hurting that Earth dragon.....But still......I asked Coach McCarter, one of the new Guardians, if she would keep an eye on Darkness. She said yes. So I guess that makes me feel a bit better....

Tass has also fallen ill. He just seems to lie around and hardly says anything. It seems so odd, not hearing his happy chatter of nonsense. His mate, Dire Frost, has never left his side and his children often come when they have a chance to be with him. Chestal Thicketsway goes to his siblings who live in different clans and keeps them up to date on how their father is doing, always exhausted from the flight back, seeing as the clans are far from each other. I feel sorry for the poor boy. He's such a good child...

I pray that Tass will recover....And I hope my Fears about Darkness are wrong....

RandomDCE~

Dear Journal:

So Army Sheild called us all together today and said that our clan name is now the Feathers Clan. Odd name but it's original. My owner got an albino female hatchling. So now I know what the see through egg will turn into. The hatchlings name is Winged Transparency. She won't leave Army Sheilds side, I think she loves him, and he's showing signs of love back. I think these two will make a good mating pair, also it would be nice to have more gaurdians around the cave. Besides that the leader needs a good mate and Winged Transparency and him will be a good match. Gold Flight got some more books, at this rate we'll have to dig a bigger library for him. The weather is getting colder, so we have to keep the two water tunnels in our cave un frozen, one is salt water on is fresh water. I'm starting to look forward to my mate coming. It'll be nice to have a rare dragon around, and I feel kinda special that he'll be my mate. My owner tells me that Vampire dragon eggs might be available again soon, It'll be interesting having another dragon that is awake mostly at night around. None of the eggs even have cracks in them. I go down the egg tunnel and talk to Purple Beuty every morning. Winged Transparency is a little lonely in the hatchling tunnel, but during the day when she's not with Army Sheild she is in the library tunnel with Gold Flight out magi dragon. I guess that's all for now. Can't wait till the first snow fall, even if I don't like the cold I like snow.

Black Sail

CB Black Dragon

of the Feathers Clan

Dear Journal,

Graydonn is finally awake, but still weaken from Rorenth's attack. I can see that his pride is quite damaged as well. I fear that once he is healed he may fight Rorenth and send him away. In case this happens, SeaChel went out with Harina and found another red egg. Hopefully once the hatchling inside grows it will help with our hunting. They were also able to find a dying Whiptail egg, which Harina is caring for right now, along with Sesiel and Kreya Dorkface (our two white females).

Aymeth has finally found a mate in Che'lonn, and they now have their first egg. Rayna is still depressed because she has found no mate for herself. The only unattached male left in the cave is Rorenth, and Rayna hates him.

Our two pink eggs have hatched and D'lann has influenced one to be a male (how do they do that???). We're hoping the other turns out to be male too, as we have more females in the cave than males. Perhaps this will help Rayna in her quest for a mate?

Well, I best go see how the Whiptail egg is doing. Hopefully Harina, Sesiel, and Kreya will have made progress.

~Sesina Songflight

Black female, leader of the Songflight Clan

Journal,

Another scuffle broke out. I've taken over my mate's duties for now, as he is still tired. I don't see how he does it, as I'm about to pull my scales out over all this drama.

Vergil has asked the Geodes, Pebbles, and Stones to create another cave system liken to this one across the valley, meaning it'll resemble a castle on the inside. Our three Pygmies have informed me that the great Silver has told Kazutaka Muraki, our second-oldest Silver Male, to go into the library. For what, I know not... They've been slowly but surely splitting from the main Metalic Group, with Vergil leading the way.

Yuki was not able to convince the old silver from hating Zaahir so badly. Stubborn old fool... Leila tried, but failed, to talk to her mate to stop the grudge. What started as a pride issue between the Metalics has turned into a fued.

I've actually talked to Reign in the first time since the Neglected incident. He doesn't want to see the clansplit again, especially after what's happened. Is this going to rip our clan apart? I hope not...

Black Inferno Temptest

Alfa She-Drake of the Valley of the Stars

Dear Journal

Well Winged Transparency grew up, Army Sheild declared her his mate. The Pygme dragon egg hatched, I was wrong it wasn't a chicken egg. The other two eggs have huge holes in them, should hatch soon. I was in the egg tunnel talking to Purple Beuty when the pygme hatched. It clung on to my wing the moment it hatched and now the only time it gets off me is to eat and go to the bathroom, silly thing even sleeps on me. I don't know how it stays on when I'm flying but Purple Beuty assures me when it gets its wings the small little thing will come off on its own. Not much more has happened, till next time. HI! This is Gold Flight the Magi dragon. I saw this lying on the cave floor and thought it was one of my books. But when I picked it up it turned out to be Black Sails journal. I wonder what I should... Sorry about that I saw my mate writing in this so I took it away from him, he's so nossy about... Don't write in other dragons journals!... That means you can't either Army Sheild. Hi this is Army Sheilds mate the newwest adult dragon... What Are You Doing?!?!

Black Sail

CB Female Black Dragon

of the Feathers Clan

and Gold Flight

And Purple Beuty (Black Sails best friend.)

and Army Sheild (The clan leader)

and Winged Transparency (The clan leaders mate)

Wait I didn't get to write something next to my name.

Edited by chee

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sorry that I haven’t written for so long; it’s not that there’s been nothing to say… it’s more that I did not feel the need to say it. You are probably wondering how I decided to tell the others that Mom was, and still is, behind all the Freezings. Well, the truth is, I didn’t. I instead asked all of the dragons present to hold their peace. Persuading them not to tell the others was difficult, but the one the most difficult to convince was my own daughter, Pryce, not to tell her mother. I know that it pains her to lie, and it pains me too. I try not to linger over the thought for too long. I wonder how long this state of ignorance will last; I know it won’t last forever.

If I haven’t yet mentioned it, many of the dragons in our cave have chosen mates, including the black dragons Cordelia and Doyle, and they have had several children together. Their latest egg hatched today. Just looking at it, we could tell that something is different about it, much to the concern of its parents. I simply explained to them that the hatchling is an Alt, which means that it simply looks different, but there is nothing wrong with it otherwise. Any black dragon of a scroll keeper can breed an Alt (wild dragons do not produce them, although no one knows why). I have met several adult Alts in my travels, and we already have a frozen (she’s inbred) Alt dark green dragon in our cave, which came to us as a hatchling, so everyone else are also familiar with the idea. However, we found that there is something else wrong with the hatchling: it is very sickly. We had Gregory examine it, of course, but he couldn’t find a reason for this. According to the Book and all of my sources, Alt blacks are not any more likely to be sick than regular ones, so that isn’t the cause; and while it did have softshell as an egg, so did quite a few of the other dragons in our cave, which are now perfectly healthy adults. This is not the ordinary hatchling sickness, either, which is best treated with time and rest. In the end, we released the hatchling back into its parents care, and resolved to keep an eye on it. So far it is holding its own, and when Mom came to see it today (she seemed quite pleased that it is an Alt) she didn’t seem at all concerned. Perhaps nothing will come of it. I hope nothing will.

Sincerely,

Wesley Black

Dear Journal,

I wanted this journal to be updated daily. Oh well. The reason is... I've been substituting for Howaito, as a teacher. It turns out the white hatchling, which is now named Maryavatar's Gentle Falcon, in grammar, is actually correct. I taught him some synonyms of common words to avoid repetition. I managed to repair Maryavatar's Gentle Falcon's messiness. Excellent.

Now, the other batch of hatchlings are now adults. We picked up two earth eggs and two pink eggs, and they hatched. They now have wings. The earth dragons are named Heavy Rock Thrower Guy and Heavy Pebble Guy, both males. The pinks are named Irridescent Aboutpink and Alydanos. Hmm, strange name that is, Alydanos... Mother is slightly disappointed by the genders, but only slightly, thankfully. Not like how she was disappointed when she found me, a lone egg in a huge batch of eggs. I hope my Draconic parents are happy with me being separated. Maybe I should end my life and...

Wait... what's that roar?

~Midnight Ninja

Regular Female Black

~~

Dear Journal,

The white adult appears to be actually literate, but there is something wrong in the cave. Just last night, after Midnight Ninja finished with her student, a roar filled the cave. According to my studies, it seems to be of a female pink hatchling's, and it's clearly not a mating call, especially since they are too young. Aboutpink seems to be fine, while her roommate, Alydanos, just received her wings, lay bleeding in her nest, eyes nearly closed. We called every single white dragon and magic user in the cave, while Mother searched for medical herbs nearby outside our cave. Mother did not find any, but we healed enough. However, Alydanos still lays in her room, Aboutpink praying to the Dragon God/Goddess for Alydanos to recover. Time to help the others.

~Howaito

Male White & Medical Expert

Dear Journal,

The Whiptail is alive and well. It hatched normally yesterday and is now happily playing with the other four hatchlings in the cave. Both of the pinks gendered, one male and one female.

Graydonn is almost back to his full strength; it's been so wonderful to see how everyone in the cave reacted to his injury. Everyone has been so supportive, with the exceptions of Rorenth, Traegon and Warrila. Even little Jazzi has helped to tend to Graydonn's wounds. I think it helps her to take her mind off her dead egg.

There isn't much more to update, so I guess I'll go check on my mate.

~Sesina Songflight

To Whom It May Concern,

The little one has now gendered male, and has been named after his father. What normally would have been a happy occasion in their family was marred by the boy’s continuing decline in health. By the time he gendered, he was under constant care from Gregory, and we all feared for his life. Thelonious and I discussed his care with Gregory, and in the end we had to make a terrible decision: In order to save his life, we decided to Freeze him.

It was very difficult to explain this to the boy’s parents, but, although I could tell that they didn’t like the idea, they agreed to do it, to save his life. I told them that I had learned from the Book how to perform a Freezing, but I didn’t want to do it in the main cave, since this wasn’t something that the others would wish to witness. I requested that they would allow me to take him to a nearby cave to perform the ritual. They reluctantly allowed it. In fact, I have no idea how to Freeze a dragon, and as far as I know it does not say how to Freeze a hatchling at all, but I had a plan: I was going to ask Mom.

She had arrived only shortly before this and was fussing over the hatchling, obviously as concerned as we were. I was planning all sorts of ruses to lure her out as I gently picked up the little one, but it wasn’t necessary; she immediately got up and followed me as soon as I began to walk out of the cave with the hatchling. She let me lead her all the way to a neighbouring cave, then I carefully set Junior down and looked at her, preparing to establish the psychic link. It was difficult, but between the simplicity of the message and the training I have been putting myself through in the past while, I was able to communicate it to her. Without a word, she sat down, gathered the hatchling into her lap, and started stroking him, obviously preparing for the Freezing. Normally, I wouldn’t have watched, but this time I forced myself to. After a moment, a frosty blue light started to emit from her fingers and go into the hatchling, and I saw a tremor go through his body, then: nothing. It was over. She stood up, holding him out to me. I returned to the cave and him to his parents. Although they thanked me, I can still feel a melancholy air hanging over the cave, and a nagging voice in the back of my mind, asking me if it was really necessary.

Wesley Black

Dear Journal,

We moved Alydanos to the emergency nest, since she is being weakened. Currently, the Magis are investigating the case while the white adults are doing what they can do recover Alydanos. Mother managed to find ten herbs after she dropped off in work. I really ponder what does she do in work, but I should really tend to the weakened pink's wounds.

~Howaito

Dear Journal

Sorry about everyone writing in this last time. My family is small so it's easy to get a little bored, but that's okay we have each other. The other two eggs hatched our owner is happy though she expected the one egg to be a diffrent dragon but she's still happy. The Pygme grew its wings and gendered male. And as soon as it grew its wings it got off me thankfully, just like Purple Beuty said. Army Sheild is kept busy protecting them with his huge shield tail. Not much more has happened. Just another day in the cave. Our owner actually wants a pink egg. She hates the color pink. But she says the dragons don't look that bad and the pinks can influence an egg to be a girl or a boy. Sounds interesting. But she's going to wait to get one until after halloween so that there's room on the scroll for vamp eggs. Guess that's all for now.

Black Sail

CB Black Female

of the Feathers Clan

Dear Journal,

We have taken four more eggs, a strange green colored one, a pink one, and two eggs that seem to have mud on it. Aboutpink and the two green dragons have matured into full adults. About Alydanos, no, she haven't been cured of the disease yet nor haven't matured into an adult. However, she has been healed halfway and magis and the whites has raised their spirits. Just like the sound of the last shot in Yorktown in the American Revolution, Mother says. She also says she is thinking to start a lineage about the American Revolution.

However, Mother said she is going to start a lineage about... Team Fortress 2 I believe. Should I doubt her or not...

~Howaito

Dear Journal

The Pygme dragon grew up. His name is Puny Wings. The other hatchlings grew their wings and our gendered. The water walker is a male the Albino is a female. Now there are two female albinos. They will be grown up before halloween so the scroll will have four open stops. Our owner plans on getting four vamp eggs. She is only going to keep one or two and trade the others for diffrent eggs. That's all for now. Cya.

Black Sail

CB Black Female

of the Feathers Clan

Dear Journal,

We havent been geting that much family members in the cave. My owner picked up a gold egg from the end of the Abandoned cave and she found two hatchlings. A daydream one and a purple. There both girls. Shopgril998 is still talking about the vampire dragons. She says when it's halloween week we have to be careful and not take up too much room in the cave. If she's geting a vampire I'm going to ask her if she can release me into the wild. She said no. dry.gif Gahhh!

Dear Journal,

It seems like Alydanos has completely been recovered by her wounds. She has also grown up. Thank the Dragon God/Goddess.

See ya for now.

~Howaito

~~

Dear Journal,

...That... scared... me... honestly. It was Alydanos' roar, and she was wounded. Fortunately, she has completely been recovered, thanks to Howaito's medical advice. Phew. No blames was made, but I was given the evil eye to some of the adults to Alydanos' wounds. I really want to destroy them, but I'm trying to do good...

~Midnight Ninja

Female Regular Black

Dear Journal,

Dragonic came into the cave today happy as a plum, despite the absolutely freezing weather. Her eyes were bright as two pieces of amethyst, and she had a spring in her step that I have not seen for quite some time. As I was her first dragon, she immediatly sought me out, and told me her news. She has a girlfriend! From my experiances with humans, a 'girlfriend' or 'boyfriend' is like a mate, only they are not as permanent as a life mate.

I honestly didn't know Dragonic was bisexual. She looks ready to take care of any problems this Metalic Split has in store for her now.

As the weather has been unaturally cold, the Vines have been moved into the deep caves, where the earth is soft and warm, due to it's close proximity to the Fires nest, and damp due to it being close to the underwater lake. The Autumns have been relishing in the beautiful colors of the season, as short lived as they will be. For the moment, they've been taking all the dead leaves and using them to line their nests, so they'll be warm when the Holly King takes over for the Oak King.

Dragonic actually wants to get Vampires this year. She said they are not as bad as believed, and I'm a bit sceptical about this, but... I trust her judgement.

Shiro Saki,

Leader of the Valley of the Stars

Dear Journal,

Graydonn is finally back to full strength, but surprisingly he has not gone after Rorenth like I thought he would. When I asked him about this he simply said, "If Rorenth attacks again, I will win."

Traegon and Warrila are still quite annoying and disrespectful toward Graydonn and me, but I cannot send them out with Rorenth unless they do something harmful to one of us. It would not be right. But as much as I dislike them, I hope that they do not do anything that would force me to send them out. We've had too much tragedy recently, what with Graydonn's injuries and the two eggs that died because of the fight.

Rayna has finally found a mate in Saynan! She is so happy now, and they have their first egg, a Skywing like its mother. In other news, our new Red Dragon has grown into a handsome adult male. He's had his eyes on Kreya Dorkface, but only time will tell if she accepts him.

~Sesina Songflight

Dear Journal,

In my recent flights outside of our territory, I have overheard many Wild Dragons' conversations about some pretty scary things. And I'm not easily frightened. There have been mentionings of Zombies and Vampires, and I can only hope that they are wrong. But it IS getting near the time of year when these things are normally sighted; only time will tell if it is all true. I will tell Graydonn and Sesina about this soon, so that we can prepare to defend ourselves from any supernatural onslaught.

~Kril Flamebeat

Storm male, elder and scout of the Flamebeat Clan

Dear Journal

The two hatchlings grew up. The Water Horse (I called it the wrong thing last entry oops) is named Rain Drop. The Albino is Transparent Feathers. They are all doing well. My owner is having trouble not catching more eggs before Halloween. Army Sheild is starting to get worried about creatures in the forest just outside the cave. One got really close to the cave last night. Our clan is not equiped to fight off anything at the moment. I'm the only warrior dragon, Army Sheild would probably stay behind gaurding those who couldn't fight. Puny Wings is too small to fight, Rain Drop won't be able to fight correctly with him being all awkward out of water. The two Albinos could only help fight if it was nighttime and even then they aren't good fighters. Purple Beuty would fight, but her mate Gold Flight is a magi dragon and they will not fight, it's against their nature. So all in all we are not equiped for and attack of any kind, a big enough and well prepaired human mob might even wipe us out. So we need more fighting dragons. That's all for now.

Black Sail

CB Black Female

of the Feathers Clan

Dear Journal,

Kril has given us some disturbing news, and I hope to the skies that he is wrong! Vampires, Zombies, and other monsters...not good at all. I asked SeaChel about this and she seemed to agree with Kril's conclusion, saying something about the 31st being considered an evil day by many of her human-kind.

We've ordered the dragons in our cave not to mate until this day is past, so as to not put any vulnerable eggs or hatchlings in danger. Graydonn and I have been working with the others to get ready in case of any attacks. With 21 adult dragons willing to fight (I'll never fully understand why the whites, pinks, and daydreams won't fight), a few hatchlings due to grow up before the 31st, and an army of 25 Pygmies and frozen hatchies, I think we'll be fine. But I can't help but worry...will we make it?

~Sesina Songflight

Dear Journal,

I am pained to report several calamities. The zombie hoarde took the lives of the dark dragon DarkDemon, the frilled Meekling, the vine BulletSeed and the earth GeckoScrawler. We fought hard, but not hard enough to fight all of them.

One of the fogged eggs was mysteriously killed after the onslaught. I was hurt, but still okay. What worried me was the hatchlings. GoldenPrince, StripedDemon and SunRaider are just too young to understand all this fighting.

Every year, they come. Last year, we were lucky, as we were not targeted for obvoius reasons. This year is a year of mourning. I know they will come next year-same time, same place. More lives will be lost, but we must shoulder it and walk on.

~KnifeGuard, Guardian Of DracCave

Dear journal,

There's something wrong with Kitsuru. Last night, she went on a rampage, stabbing several dragons and even hatchlings in her fury. There are a few survivors, but she has not tried to attack them (or the rest of us, thank Tiamat!) since. Instead she attempted to do... something, with the corpses.

Whatever it was, it fortunately didn't work out as it should have, since the bodies disintegrated and our human is now sobbing in the corner of the cave. The whites are debating how best to approach and subdue her without seriously injuring her or triggering another serial killing.

I'm terrified.

At least Kitsuru took that horrible dead... thing that the vampire twins turned that poor egg into yesterday. There's another egg now, dropped off by some other caretaker. It smells nice, even if it does make me a bit hungry. I've tried to hide it from Kitsuru, but checking on it seems to be the only thing that will shake her from her strange behavior. She even asked me to incubate it!

The whites are encouraging the way she acts towards the egg, but I don't think I'll let it out of my sight until it's grown. Kurosaki-kun and Orihime-san are being the same way with their latest hatchling. Even if she did murder adults yesterday, at least some of us were able to defend ourselves... hopefully this little one will be able to as well, eventually.

I heard from the dragon who brought the other caretaker that this is a strange time we are in, that the first time this occurred the vampires revealed themselves. So many strange things happened before I broke shell, it seems! All I have to go on other than his words are those tales that the older hatchlings always used to scare us with, back when I was in the nest, about the Twins. And really, those always ended with the Vampires themselves showing up, even when I was the one telling them.

I wonder if there's more to those stories than just a few cheap laughs on the teller's and Twin's parts? I've been asking the older dragons, those who would have been around then, but they refuse to answer. I might have asked the Twins themselves, but Chidaruma and Chikemuri are hard to find at the best of times, and I've only seen them once since Kitsuru's... episode. And even then, I had to follow the only dragons weird enough to call himself their friend for several hours before they showed up. Although if I were being honest, I'd say that they appeared in the creepiest way possible, and eyed the two of them like they were going to eat them! I think Ionraic's inherited his mother's insanity, and Cannuke got it from being his mate. Maybe that's why she's out hunting as often as she is, because her case isn't as severe yet?

Speaking of Martlet, she's apparently calmed down. At least, none of us have actually heard her screaming in the last few days. And while I was following the Twins, I heard Ionraic tell them that the white's were considering letting her stretch her wings a bit! Apparently, she hasn't always been chained up and foaming at the fangs. But everyone I asked either clammed up or told me to keep my snout out of it. Even Little Auk, and I made sure that Kagu wasn't anywhere nearby before talking to her! I was actually desperate enough to try Aethia, and she didn't even try to take advantage of me or humiliate me, just gave me the same cold shoulder as everyone else is!

I'm keeping the egg close. I have a bad feeling about all of this...

-Redden

Dear Journal

It's Halloween. My owner has gotten 2 harvest eggs. She's very excited about it. This is the clans first Halloween. We our all excited about the harvest eggs. Our owner is planning on trading one for a vamp egg. This should be interesting. The creatures and wild dragons are coming closer to the cave lately. I hope the new eggs will be able to fight because we need all the fighting force we can get as I said in my last entry. I'm starting to get worried. They aren't coming singularly any more, they are now traveling in groups. Which is even more worrysum. I hope that we can a good fighting force before it's to late. Till next time. Cya.

Black Sail

CB Female Black

of the Feathers Clan

Journal,

Today, technically last night, something strange happened. Coiagar, our resident vampire, warned us but we didn't listen. She told us to lock her away, to turn her out of the caves for the next few days. She refused to explain why. The problem was the scouts reported several clans stalking our territory. We couldn't let her go...wherever it was she wanted to go alone and she refused to let some of us accompany her. We needed her to defend the caves. She's clan, mentor of the demonic-looking blacks, child of the dark forces who has saved our clan countless times. We could not let her die. So, we hunkered down and waited for the outsiders to make their plans known.

Ostenthatch set up guards around the cave entrances. Dolastald caught Coiagar trying to leave. Now the elders worried. She hardly ever disobeyed the rules and certainly not without explanation. The elders discussed restraining her with magic until she started talking. Looking back, I guess they should have. A terrified screech resounded through the caves, bringing all of us running. No, I thought, not the nursery! Inside were a piece of the ochredrake egg that died during the last earthquake we kept in remembrance and the pieces of the black egg, the tiny alternate hatchling dead between them. Standing over it, stunned, was Coiagar. Across the nursery, the tiny forms of several pygmies-all alive thank goodness, littered the ground. Lady Calliss stood among them horrified. The magi fed all their power into Lord Kulistar who used it to subdue and restrain Coiagar (the magi say her magic and the magic of the alternate blacks is like shadow, difficult to latch onto and use to the magi's advantage), and dragged her out. I nudged the little body as chaos reigned in our clan. All were angry, upset, confused, you name it. They demanded answers. Then several magi broke their sacred oath. They used the bonds of clan to break into Coiagar's mind. Not that she resisted.

They discovered there the urgent, insistent, instinctual need to create more like her. The Madness, she called it. She explained that sometimes, vampires had to bite eggs, had to try to turn them into vampires themselves. The need would consume them until they tried, killing the egg or creating another of their species. Why now, the elders wondered. She has been clan for years upon years and this never happened. Then Lady Marsgia spoke up. The eclipse. The eclipse we had witnessed a few days ago, when all of Coiagar's strange behavior began. The eclipse was the ultimate representation of the dark forces which vampires live off. It compelled them to turn an egg or kill it trying. A quick check with several of our allies confirmed their vampires had succumbed to the madness as well.

No one was happy nor relieved by the news. What if the madness came again? These are unstable times in the power alignments of the world. If the darkness conquers the light once again, what will we do when the power calls our sister, our kinsman, to turn another? Simple, she stated. She would go to the abandoned nests and relieve her need there. If the egg turns, she would bring it back and raise it as her child. If it died...she would find another and bring it back. A life given for a life taken. What else could we do but agree?

The scouts reported that the clans skirting our territory left, that they were a pure-as in one breed-clan who were simply migrating. They also reported the clan abandoned several eggs. Caborlith and Kintaraam each brought one back to fill the now cleaned up nursery. Hopefully that will help soothe the frightened hearts. Well, it might have if Coiagar had not returned from the abandoned nests with a cracking vampire egg. She fiercely refused to get rid of it. A life given for a life taken.

Hopefully things will calm down soon. I saw Feamaeg and Moricorm approach her to help with the little one (Calliss won't allow it into the nursery). Kulistar is reading the disobedient magi the riot act, the others are focusing their attention on the pumpkiny colored eggs and on securing our supplies for winter.

-Vestafal, eighteenth white of the Varnalond Clan

Edited by BadgerPride

Dear journal:

I was woken unexpectedly by Stornoway this morning. She told me that she'd heard something creeping around during the night, and so had gone to check on the eggs first thing.

Perhaps it was a good thing that she had. There was an egg I'd never seen before, sitting next to the Sunset and Daydream eggs. It was cold, and the smell coming from it was indescribable.

We woke Karach and showed her the egg. After staring at it for a long time, she sighed. Then asked if either of us were aware that we had a Vampire dragon living amongst us. Neither of us were.

Oighreachd, for that's her name, lives at the very back of the cave. It seems that she's strictly noturnal, for her breed don't like sunlight. Usually, she just creeps around, but, Karach told us, it seems that there have been incidents over the past day or so where Vampires have been biting eggs and turning them.

Karach had thought that maybe Oighreachd wouldn't feel the need to do so, but it seems that she did.

We can't really do anything except watch over the egg, since it will be a member of the clan, even if we don't like it.

On the other hand, Mynyddygwair brought back an egg that seems to glow in the relative dimness of the cave. It also smells nice as well.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Dragon Keeper's notes: Well, it is the time of darkness again...All Hallow's Eve. I remember last year quite vividly, the event that gave all of my dragons a healthy dose of fear...the day that the vampires took over. It was also the day that I captured an egg that, to my surprise, was dead...and that the beloved matron of the Dust clan, Lilac, took in her care out of pure curiosity.

I went to visit the result of that care, the vampiric Contessa of Nightbane, that night. She wasn't in her den, which worried me...but she has proven as trustworthy as my other dragons, albeit a much darker personality than even my darkest dragons. I found her diary, and this is what I read:

To my little Diary:

I feel so very...strange, today.

I am quite aware that it is the day of my birth. Or...reanimation, so to speak. I can feel the dark energies in the air, and the whispering of the spirits that come out to play. I can also feel the silence of the other dragons down in the sanctuary, none of whom have really taken to me, except for perhaps the young Guard Dragon that likes to pace my gates, and of course my surrogate mother Lilac Dust.

Perhaps for good reason.

I know what I exist to do. I can feel the venom in my fangs. Whenever I think of dragon eggs, I get the irresistible urge...the wicked, unholy urge...

Perhaps a part of it is also a bit of jealousy. As an undead dragon, I cannot bear eggs from my body. Only the living ones below can feel that happiness. The only thing I can do that comes close to that feeling is to take a living egg and turn it.

I promised that I shall never take an egg from the valley's dragons, and keep it I shall. But there is also the urge to care for a family...a clan, of my own. A coven of dragons like I, if only to abate this feeling of loneliness.

So, I tried something today. Outside of the Dragon Cave, there lie a veritable hoard of eggs with the scent of Man upon them...so much that none of the wild adults will have nothing to do with them. Well...abandoned and left to die without cause. A waste, it is. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a crime if I were to just take one...

It was beautiful too. One of the White Healers, opaque and pearlescent. The pulse inside beat against my lifeless talons as I held it. It was almost shameful to do.

Almost.

I sunk my fangs into the shell. Immediately the egg turned black, a blood-red cross showing upon it. I felt the pulse stop, and the dark power show. I was elated. The first of my coven, held in my claws.

But, it was not to be. On the way back to my den, I was intercepted by one of the Elite Guards...I believe it was the Black patron, Ebonclaw. He saw the egg in my claws and knocked it away, accusing me of murder and threatening to slice me in two. I retreated back to my den, and thankfully he didn't follow.

My venom shall return in a few weeks, I suppose. I mourn for my first coven child, but there will hopefully be more in the Nightbane clan in the coming ages...provided the other dragons do not halt me in my efforts.

Because then, I may not be able to control myself.

Sincerely,

Contessa Nightbane.

I do wonder if I should warn the other dragons. It's a repulsive thought, but the Contessa at least has the right idea, using abandoned eggs instead of the ones born of the valley. I will let it go...but if something goes wrong, so help me, I will not be so lenient.