Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Journal,

By the Goddess, has the world gone mad?! Blaze of the Soul rushed to me earlier today to report two dragons dead, and three more missing. The dead? Yuki's parents, Tsukiko of Shiva (White) and Marigold Leaf (Autumn). The missing was Lucian Dorkface, his mate whose name escapes me, and three Winters.

This isn't the worst of it. Rumors are flooding in of disgusting creatures, dragons that were killed and brought back by Necromancy... Zombies. Rumors say they've been attacking caves and multiplying. Dragonic is panicing, and Yuki is... Well, she is being tended to by Vergil. I hope she is well.

All the remaining dragons have been pulled back into the main Cave system, and sealed off. I'll update what has happened later.

Shiro Saki

Journal,

Goddess help us! Ridiculous Cloud has been found, along with the dead body of another Winter. We're not sure if it's Ridiculous Blizzaga, or Ridiculous Masamune. Cloud is suffering from extream bloodloss, and the second body was torn apart, by the claws of dragons... At least, that's what I can see. It's hard, with the body disintigrated.

Revival magic was performed on the corpse. The Death Count is at three. Will the maddness end? I have the sneaking suspition that it's about to get worse...

...hold on, I smell death in the air. Report back later.

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

I didn't write in so long a time and so much happened in our cave ! Today is a day of mourning but I shall begin with the beginning : happy events.

I, the oldest maid in the Moonstone clan, have finally found a mate. It was in September : Elizabeth finally understood why she could not find a male Dorsal Dorkface, because he was meant to be our 100th dragon. When there were 99 of us, he finally came and I knew Elizabeth wanted him to be my mate. I was not very enthusiastic but he came to me himself, filled with respect and awe, and asked me to be his mate. I asked him if he was fine with the fact that I was a regular dragon, when he was a Dorkface, a Datamonster Survivor and the 100th dragon of our cave but he told me that everybody was unique and special and that I was the most special dragon in our cave. It was the first time, but not the last, that I saw that my mate was, in every way, a true gentleman.

We were gifted with a daughter, which by way is kinda special too because she's the rarest kind of Dorsal, not seen often in our cave. She also has a daughter, which makes me a grandma ! Makuro looked very upset : she would have wanted this kind of family for her daugther, not her sister, but Kuro-chan congratulated me as usual.

Now to more recent news : it was All Hallows' Eve yesterday. Elizabeth brought back two nice-smelling honey-colored eggs. She also took by mistake a Waterwalker egg. Lady Snowblood, who usually stays in the back of the cave with her Vampire Coven, sneaked in the nursery and crushed it in her jaw. We immediatly restrained her and she told us she felt the urge to sire some other Vampires. Elizabeth looked at her jaw and told us it was fine, she was out of venom for a month. But there are three other Vampires in the Cave and they all felt the same craving to bite. Elizabeth went along with it and brought back three Pink eggs from the Abandoned Cave. I was flabbergasted but Elizabeth explained to me that Vampires had as much right to reproduce as the other dragons. Thank God, the 3 eggs survived... by becoming Vampires. I'm happy that Elizabeth decided not to keep these rotten eggs but, instead of carrying them to the abandoned cave, 3 humans went in our cave and each one took an egg. They all seemed very happy to. I asked Elizabeth why humans would want creepy dragons and she answered : "Because Vampires rock !" Sometimes, I fail to understand the human mind.

Even more unhappy news : the curse of The Undead Dorkface and his family kicked in on All Hallows' Eve and today, on All Saints' Day. They all died. Elizabeth tried to revive them using magic but their bodies crumbled into dust. I don't know if it's better or worse. After their son's cruel demise, Rosaeros and Dorkfrill asked if they could have another son. Elizabeth told them they could, and with the Undead Dorkface and his family's sacrifice, their family would be forever free for the Curse. Free at last.

Irkalla of the First Family

Dear Journal,

Purple Time said that the hatchling next to the tomstone is not well i looked at the hatchling and dashed off to see White Healer 1 carrying the sick little one. She is caring for it and the chances of it living are very slim. I hope it survives to grow up.

Our owner looked really upset when i told her she said well i will put the hatchling next to White Healer 1. The other dragons told me that our owner had killed two young hatchlings in the hope of a zombie yesterday and that they are nice and friendly but i am not sure about them. White Healer 1 told me that she was going to put the hatchling in a cloud of fog from Grey Cloud Stormer if she was in a nice mood. Our owner said to me that she was going out for a bit to catch some eggs.

She came back with a skywing egg i suppose the new egg is going to be Skywing Time`s mate if the egg is nice to him and genders correctly. My owner is calling me i better go now.

Joun Dusk-Dorkface Thuwed of the All Year Round Clan.

Edited by WhisperingWillows

Light and Death

Today the other hatchling with two heads grew up, their names are Lord Alyric and Lord Derry. Our owner says that they might be for us, we hope they are because they're rather cute looking. We get along well with them, the two are excellent jokers and we can all use a bit of humor in our lives. Lirialgrace gets along well with them as well. Of course, he always gets along with others, after all, he's the healer of our small family.

Another of the hatchlings has gendered. It's a male, again. We seem to be seeing them everywhere, there are... How many are there again Light?

Erm... Six or so, including the orange hatchling and the new one I think.

Yeah, six, I've got to remember that number...

Dear Journal,

Yesss! My owner couldent get a vampire!!!! She's sad but she did find these pretty eggs that smell really good...weird...But the Vampires are still out and I heard there biting is all year round. sad.gif That means when people get the vamp egg it growns up and it bites the dragons eggs. People don't want them so they abandone them. Pretty soon they won't be so rare anymore. My owner hopes they'll be like the pinks or mints. She has ton's of those! I find the mints to be very irritating. All they do is mope around and won't come out of there stupid corner. My owner thinks there "sooo cute." blahhh! Yeah right! The pinks on the other hand are very common and have there own little group. Shopgirl998 almost killed one of them by accident. His name is Pink and a boy. Good thing he dident get stabbed. He's alright for a pink. cool.gif

Edited by shopgirl998

Journal,

I have come to report the happenings of last night... And the final death toll. The Blacks went out, as they are the closest thing to dragons of the night we had. My mate went with them.

From the site where we found Ridiculous Cloud and the still unnamed body, they tracked the scent of a human and blood to the Northern Waterfall, finding about half way that there was a faint scent of the Winter Dragons with them. Then, on a moonlit hill, they found an injured but alive Ridiculous Blizzaga. So that ment the body found was Masamune... Dear gods. He is being tended to as we speak, and is suffering from the same injuries that Cloud had. Half of the force taking the injured Winter back, the rest went on.

I'll transcribe what my mate said from here on.

"With the mental image of Blizzaga in our hearts to drive us on, the strongest of us Blacks continued on, fearing the worst was coming. The trail took us to the edge of the Northern Waterfall, where the spray from that cresent-shaped fall almost made us loose the trail. But then we heard a keeling wail, belonging to a she-dragon, coming from the cave.

Sparing no time, we flew into the icey depths of that cave. The walls and floors were slick with mist upon landing, and it was pitch black, save the light from the cave opening. Conjuring a ball of light, I led the group further, ignoring the strong scent of blood that pervaded the air...

We came upon a large chamber, which I knew to be a Draconic Burial Ground, more commonly refered to as a Dragon Graveyard. The stones around us were ancient, but small. Graves for stillborn eggs and dead hatchlings. The room was huge, so that the light from my spell didn't reach even half-way. Dread settled itself in my chest, curling around my heart like a serpent.

We went forward. The ground sloped up in the center, and gravestones became vaults and masoliums, with huge obelisks piecing the empty sky every now and then. The youngest of my warriors were whispering about curses and vampires, but I silenced them with a stern glare. There was no room for that kind of talk in my corps. The air was stale in our lungs, thick with a musty smell reminicent of rotting flesh... Then we came upon the top of the hill, bare of even one crypt.

Instead, it was a small circle of stones, with three figues huddled in the center, their backs to us. The rotting smell and blood was twice as strong now, thick on my tongue. I noticed one was a human... And the wail sounded again. I've never heard something so heart-breaking, so hair-raising, as that one sound. I'll never hear anything like it again, I know.

The human raised what looked like a blade and struck down, and I ordered the attack. My sons and daughters went to tackle the second dragon, but stopped, as several torches flared to life, green flames instead of red. The second dragon... Was not even alive. It's flesh was peeled from it's corpse, bone showing beneeth the muscle, but it still moved. It felt as if ice had been dumped into my stomach and mind... A Zombie.

I couldn't move. I couldn't see anything but that dragon, whom I recognised as Lucian Dorkface, one of the missing... And the human's smirk grew wider.

'Ah, it seems we have company. If I recognise your scents right, you belong to the same clan as dear Lucian, right?' I snarled."

Wait, I'll do the rest later. There is a comotion in the Caves.

Shiro Saki

Within a cave, deep in the Rocky Montains....

Dear Journal,

Because of the size of our small clan, thankfully we've remained out of sight and knowledge of the little ones. As the years have passed though, the air has become rank with their stench, and discussions have turned to the idea of migrating permanently to a cleaner, possibly larger cave, somewhere the stench isn't so prevalent.

Shadow

Much further east, in a very busy city on the northeastern seaboard of the United States, in an upper corner of a very large, well known library, in a shadowy corner only lighted by a desk lamp on a mahoghany desk....

Dear Journal,

Work has been typical....another pile of family histories to research for people. This one that I'm working on now is a headache of intermarried families and distant inbreeding. Paula says there is a group of people from the History channel that wish to meet with the heads of the library to talk about making a TV series with someone here. She's put my name out there, but truly, I don't see how anyone would take a 25 year old woman seriously, no matter how brilliant everyone says I am.

Ginny

Dear Journal,

The purple hatchling is still not well I moved her nearby White Healer 1 and she is trying her best for the little one. I think that it must be diffcult to see a dragon in all that fog. Grey Fog 8 and Grey Cloud Stormer bred a egg together i had to abandon it because the other dragons were moaning about eggs and hatchlings taking up all the room in the cave,I have asked Green Lime 1 to dig a bit deeper and expand the cave.In a few hours if the hatchling isn`t better i might ask our owner to hide for 5 hours more. I can only hope. I better go because it is time for me to go egg-hunting and my owner is going to get cross with me.

Joun Dusk-Dorkface Thuwed Of The Year Round Clan.

P.S Scaley Frills wants to start his own journal.

Journal,

My apologies... Dante found out about Gabriella. She was the last of them... Three dead, two severly injured, and two monsters running around... Anyway, continuation.

"His robes were pitch black, lined with rich black furs, the same shade as his thick curly hair. He couldn't have been older than 18, yet a wise, ancient, wicked look gleamed in his eyes. I realized with a shock that the touches created a barrier around the circle of stones, sealing me in and my corp out.

'Yes, I am from the Valley of the Stars... Who are you, and what have you done?!' I hissed, my wings flairing out. The body next to him, who I saw was Gabriella Muraki Devilslayer, Lucian's mate, heaved a final, choked sob and was still. I had been too late for her... For both of them.

'My name is unimportant, but you may know this... I am a Necromancer, and I was simply experimenting. Nothing more.' I clawed the ground in frustration at this monster's words. How could a human be that evil?! Lucian... Oh, Shizune, his and Gabriella's daughter, would be heartbroken. 'And it's a good thing you came! I was afraid I wouldn't have enough power to perform the ritual... But your anger will do nicely.'

As I opened my maw to respond, his eyes flashed, and a pain exploded throughout my body... I collapsed, the pain feeling like nothing I've ever encountered before. Lights flashed before my eyes, and for a split second, I saw Gabriella, alive, with the most heartbroken look on her face, as she looked at Lucian. Even now, I can't be sure if it was a dream or not. Then, her face twisted in agony, and I came to...

Only to see a second Zombie where Gabriella had laid. The human cackled, and I saw the shadowy shape of a huge black bear behind him... Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me before, but the shape turned into a dragon, and red eyes glowed. I realized with a jolt it was a Vampire Dragon, and the flames sputtered out.

I'm not sure what happened after that... But when the lights reappeared, this time a natural red, the human was gone, and the two zombies frozen in place by the gaze of two female Vampires. The male turned to me. 'These two were in your clan, but they cannot return, unless you want more deaths. My coven will seal them in here, this Necropolis, and they'll never get out... But I suggest you recruit a few of our kind... Otherwise, if they get out, you'll be doomed.'

I nodded shakely, getting to my paws. The rest of the Black Corps were almost instantly at my side, guiding me out. I could feel the crimson gaze of the Vampires on me untill we reached the waterfall..."

I've looked her over, and she is not injured. Nobody is to go near the Northern Waterfall... I believe the name Necropolis Waterfall would fit that place better. I will follow the Vampires advice. We need to hunt for those eggs. I need rest, before tonight. We're to have a propper funeral for those lost in the night.

Shiro Saki

Journal,

The clan went out for the night and when they returned i saw two zombie hatchlings still alive but nearly dead holding on their backs and this is what Scaley Frills said: "I went out with the clan and i saw a human and vampire the vampire sank it`s fangs into a egg without warnng and the egg transformed." The human said: "Look around you there are two hatchlings that are living but very weak." I said: "Why did you kill them and the other dragons?" He replied:"Because i want to make some zombies." I saw 2 hatchies struggling to their feet and then falling over. The man told me this: "You can take these hatchies but if you return to this place again i will kill you understand?" I nodded. "Good now take them back to your cave and by tomorrow you will see them as they really are."

White Healer 1 looked looked after them but last night they were zombie hatchlings they looked decaying and cute some of the clan wanted to get rid of them.

Grey Glow Eyes and Scaley Frills both had bad injuries and they are ok now i couldn`t belive my eyes when i saw them i suppose the hatchlings are here to stay.

Now our owner talks of vampires and TJ09`s hatchlings are really cute and how much she wants some of them.

White Ice Blizzard

Dear Journal,

The smell that many older dragons in the cave have dreaded since we first smelled them long ago returned.

Byron Hurricane went and searched the cave, not knowing what the source was, and returned with a foul egg. He looked at his father and asked what it was. He'd never seen such and egg. Andrew promptly took the egg, replying that it was the spawn of the Vampire dragons and left the cave with it. He returned empty handed.

I searched the cave for Emeree, but she was not here. I mentioned this meant Emeree very likely had nothing to do with the appearance of this egg. The other dragons agreed.

The smell grew more faint, but did not leave. I dreaded thinking of the reason why.

Emeree returned from her latest travels not long after. She had two golden looking eggs that smelled pleasant. Their fragrance combined canceled out the foul smell, but not before Emeree noticed it. She didn't ask anything, but simply walked to the Vampires' lair and was in there for quite some time. Meanwhile, myself and the other Elders asked every dragon if any eggs had vanished. We received the same answer. No one had laid any eggs in the last while or so.

Emeree came out of the Vampires' lair and confirmed that they had a second egg and were fiercely protective of it. She commented that both had gone out and found abandoned eggs and bitten them. One egg was brought back to their lair, but the other Vampire dropped the second egg as she came into the cave. The sun was coming up behind her, so she fled into the lair. They were not happy to hear of the fate of the second egg, but they were mostly content with the one they have.

The last thing most dragons want is another Vampire lurking around. Some have questioned why Emeree even brought the first two here in the first place. I have no answer. Humans are rather unpredictable at times.

At least we have two new eggs to admire. That alone will keep most of us from worrying too much about the third Vampire.

--Aura Sunrise

Dear journal:

Three hatchlings and an adult were killed yesterday. One of the hatchlings hadn't even been with us for very long. What is worse, nobody knows who or what killed them, nor the reason behind it.

The Vampire egg has a huge hole in it. I believe it will hatch soon. I don't know what will happen once it does, however. Karach thinks that Oighreachd bit the egg because she wanted a child of her own. And, since Vampire dragons cannot breed, biting an egg is the only way they can reproduce.

I heard singing last night. A rather haunting melody, quite until the cheerful tunes of the Ochredrakes. It sent shivers up and down my spine. Perhaps it was Oighreachd, singing to the hatchling inside her egg.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Edited by Ghost Cat

Dear Journal,

Things have been rather strange in the cave in the last day or so. Five of our fellow dragons have been killed for seemingly no reason. I have heard murmurs of the word "zombies" but as far as i have seen no such beings have been raised from the corpses of our loved ones. There is talk, however, of the appearances of such in some of our allied caves.

Two new eggs, three of one type and one of another, have been found and brought to us by the Winged Wolf. We are uncertain of what the three are but it is known for certain that the one is a vampire egg.

When asked about the deaths, the Winged Wolf could tell us nothing. I have been around for a long time however and it seemed to me that she might have merely been unwilling to tell us, likely for our own safety. I know she would not do anything against us or that might harm us.

Our Lineaged dragon, OMG Bob, finally has a mate, if he will accept her. She is a beautiful, purebred, green striped dragon. If it were not for the fact that she is a purebred and intended for another, i would likely try for her as my mate but i must be content with my lot. I am a white dragon and a healer and far from purebred, sadly. So far, however, i am content. I have children out there from some that i have temporarily mated with. Perhaps one day, i will find the mate for me.

Also of note, we have another Dorkface among us now. Quintana was given to the Winged Wolf as a gift when she generously bred through all of our silvers and golds to get a gold egg to trade to someone for a Yellow Dino egg which she did intended the entire time to gift to another who was having a terrible time getting one. She even delivered the egg directly to the person's cave. In return, Quintana came to live with us before she had gendered. I have also heard it said that a paper egg was also gifted to a family member of the Winged Wolf. The person was very generous, in my opinion.

That is all for now. The funeral for those who were killed is to be shortly and i intend to attend and must prepare.

Aysthon.

Dear Journal

Well my owner was able to catch herself four harvest eggs. And one for her mom who just started her own clan in a cave over the mountain on the far side of our territory. Our owner traded two of the harvests for a vampire. The vampire already has a small crack in it. I was surprised though when our owner let another human into the cave in order to make the trade. I mean other humans have seen our cave but this one had access to everything just like our owner. But it was only for the trade, then our owner made it impossible for anyone besides herself to have full control. Purple Beuty sure does have a lot of patience waiting in the nest tunnel watching the eggs waiting for them to hatch. I saw a group of three monsters in our territory last night. Thankfully they were in the middle of the words and not near the cave like the others, but they are still getting too close. Army Sheild and Winged Transparency are planning on laying an egg as soon as the others grow up. Puny Wings accidenlty fell into the freshwater tunnel. Rain Drop had to save him. We were all very worried, we thought that Puny Wings might die wich would be horrible. My owner told me about a new holliday coming up. It's called Thanksgiving. She told the whole cave all about it. The clan decided we would have our own Thanksgiving as well. Though we'll need more than one turkey. Our owner also showed us a new song from a movie she watches. It was called Don Juan Triumphant, and it was in the 1990's Pantom of the Opera. It was a haunting yet very beutiful song. I think I might start singing I really liked it. I guess that's all for now. Cya.

Black Sail

CB Black Female

of the Feathers Clan.

Meh, I was thinking about searching for Draetrea's diary. ((Draetrea is my female silver and the most beautiful of my dragons.))

I was woken up by Draenit, earlier than usual. "Uh... Draetea is fighting Draefiean." he said before skittering off. I sighed and went outside the cave, unsurprised. Draetea, my mate, was swinging his staff around, trying to keep the energetic Draefiean back. "Will you two stop it? I'm trying to sleep and almost every morning a fight breaks out!" I growled. Draetea smiled sheepishly before bonking Draefiean over his head and slipped off. Draefiean looked at me before shrugging and flying over the cave to the back side of it. I sighed and went back to my spot and fell asleep again.

Draetrea is always being fought over, and because Draetea is only the healer, most of the fights deal with him. He's lucky that he's Draetrea's mate though.

Edited by Everlasting_Darkness

Dear Journal,

Emeree was attacked by a Zombie dragon late last night. They are apparently more numerous now for some odd reason. There have been numerous whispers in the caves of their presence. The only reason Emeree was not hurt was because one of the Vampires attacked the monstrosity. This ended the speculation that our Vampires had somehow created them. At least one dragon suggested they were the result of Vampire dragons biting hatchlings or adult dragons.

Emeree squashed that rumor. She called a meeting of the Elders and told everyone that Zombie dragons are created by human black magic, not dragons. This is as far as she knows, of course.

Our new Harvest eggs continue to move around a bit and we hear sounds, but so far, no cracks. Emeree says it is the same for the Vampire egg.

The two Striped hatchlings we have continue to grow. One has grown its wings, though Emeree has not named it yet.

Also, we recently had four more dragons join the wild dragons we've been having issues with. We are fortunate that the Elders were the only ones who knew about new defense measures that have been implemented since the departure of these dragons. Those that have left the clan are: Mirin Mabindri (Magi), Mikichan Akisama (Earth), Nymo Bamapana (Geode), and Maeryl Vinchenzo (Summer). As expected, they recently tried to attack the caves, but were easily deflected. There was much relief over this outcome. None of the dragons who used to be clanmates will acknowledge their names. They have taken on new names, but will not tell us what they are. They have decided since we will not oust Emeree, then we are enemies.

Their loss. They will not be allowed to harm her.

--Aura Sunrise

Journal,

Well, I suppose I should update a few things. Dante... He was not himself. Gabriella was his firstborn, so hearing what happened to her... He's taking it hard. No longer the joking, lighthearted fellow... But now a serious, harsher dragon. When he smirks, you can't tell if he's laughing... Or he's about to kill you. The girl's mother, Amaya Muraki, didn't take the news well either. She had to be sedated at first, but now... She's leaning on Kazutaka Muraki, her father, for support.

The friends and families of those killed or zombified have been up at the Temple for some time... Funny, how they all died during the human holiday, that ges by several names. One is Samhain, another Halloween, and the third is a Spanish ritual called Dia de los Muertos... Day of the Dead.

Everyone gathered the few flowers they could and set them in front of the memorial, where the names of the victims have been carved into the stone, along with those lost to the Datamonster. The only difference between the sets of names is that the Datamonster Victims came back... These dragons will never.

Dragonic has set herself to the grim task of hunting Vampire eggs... They are not common at all, most of them created and taken yesterday. However, in addition to the two sweet smelling, honey colored eggs, she has brought back a third like it. Blaze of the Soul says he found the second half of a journal of an ancient Scrollkeeper... But I will report more on that later. For now, I am tired.

Shiro Saki

Sundance, First of Eleven Moon, 4635 P.D.

Dear Journal...

You know? I've never had a journal before. I kind of didn't want to at first. Most of the things I've heard about journals are that they're places for talking about mushy crushes and griping about annoying people.

But something happened last night to change my mind.

You see, last night, apparently there was a massacre all through the dragon lands. We didn't know how far it had spread; all we knew was that tragedy had struck in our network of caves.

During the night, a group of wolves snuck into our caves. Opposable Thumbs (don't ask--Carnie has a weird sense of humor), the second deep sea dragon in our cave, had gotten up for a late-night snack, when she ran into the main pack in the food-storage cave, ripping and tearing at something they were piled on top of; with horror, she realized that it was Nanachu Raande and Lunic Mania's son, Menden. Before she could slip away to sound the alarm, the wolves noticed that she was there; snarling, they left the balloon dragon's body alone and pounced on her.

Thankfully, she was able to call for help; Tambarainn, Fractured Trinity, Terasa and Mikaire, Kambra and Lovet, Enguia, Vaidade, Pardelkatze, Gaxuri, Kazaniri, Nankaro, Vhirn, Nanachu, Mania, Carnie, and me arrived on the scene shortly after (everyone else was fast asleep, tired after the harvest festival earlier). We all fought long and hard, but the wolves just seemed to keep on pouring in. Suddenly, one of them gave an awful howl; a ray of sunlight had arced in through the opening and the tunnel. They began to run away, while we continued to give them further motivation to do so.

At the end of the battle, Tambarainn, Kambra and Lovet, and Menden lay dead, Kazaniri had lost her left eye, and there was more than enough grief and despair to go around.

Then, with panic in her voice, Carnie asked if anyone had checked on the nursery.

I ran to the nursery with Vhirn, Nankaro, and Vaidade; what we found was not a pretty sight. There was blood everywhere; Valpicerx was badly hurt and unconscious, Fezore and the horse hatchling were also wounded, Szabaru was dead, and the guardian hatchling we had not given a name to yet was nowhere to be found. Also, a dead wolf lay in the nursery. It turns out, when two wolves had snuck into the nursery, the hatchlings had fought them savagely, killing one and driving the other away with heavy wounds. Neither Fezore nor the horse hatchling had seen what had happened to the guardian. None of the five eggs were harmed.

By this point, the other dragons had woken up and been informed of what had happened. With heavy hearts, we gathered together the dead dragons. Carnie attempted to revive them, one after the other.

Tambarainn's body disintegrated, dissolving into ashes. Opposable Thumbs had to be carried outside to weep.

Menden's body did the same; Lunic Mania and Nanachu Raande, and their surviving children, Pranae and Fywey, huddled together in a knot of grief.

Szabaru was revived, but something was wrong; its flesh was ashen, and hung from its bones, and its stare was vacant and soulless. Vaidade, who had taken it under her wing, didn't appear to care; she was just happy it was alive again, so to speak.

Finally, wonder of wonders, Kambra and Lovet came back, as healthy and alive as she had ever been. The split dragon ran over to embrace her parents, who were overjoyed to have her returned to them.

Fezore and Val don't even seem to notice Szabaru's 'condition'; they've been rollicking and playing with it as if it was just a normal magi hatchling. The horse hatchling, however, cowers from it in fear. And perhaps with good reason; even before the tragedy, I had noticed some...odd...tendencies of its, and its zombification only gives more shape to my suspicions....

Anyway, this morning, I went to talk to Carnie. She was crying in her room, as she had been doing for hours, and writing in her journal. I had seen her scribbling in it many times before, but for the first time I wanted to see what was in it. She showed me, and told me that she wrote in that little book the things that were deep inside her, that she would almost certainly never tell anyone. We talked for a while, after that; mainly about those who had died, and what was to become of Szabaru. She said that she was sad for them, and felt it tearing at her; but she knew, somehow, that we would see them again soon. I asked her if she meant in the afterlife, and she just gave me a sad smile.

As for Szabaru, we would try to raise it as normally as possible, let it pick a gender (since it wasn't old enough to have one yet), and maybe it would still be able to live a relatively normal...um...life.

About an hour ago, Fezore told me that he saw Tambarainn and Menden, and two other hatchlings he didn't recognize, a vine and a geode. He said they were 'all weird and see-through, and Menden told me to tell Mania to expect to see him again soon.' Funny; Carnie said something not unlike that... I think I know who the hatchlings were, though. Four hatchlings died a while back, not too far apart, from a disease. Sometime before that, four eggs were crushed during the night, and we never figured out who or what did it. Those were all of the deaths we've had in this tribe, until now. Since then, dragons have been adopted or born into our tribe that were the same species, and-- in the case of the dead hatchlings-- uncannily like the deceased dragons. All except two: Omirukka the vine hatchling, and Tsuyatsuya Ishi the geode hatchling.

Come to think of it, I think I may also know now what Carnie and Menden meant. I'll certainly have some things to think on...

Before I wrap up this entry, I think I'll write down who I'm going to send on the patrols. Never know when that sort of thing will be useful.

Dawn patrol ((12:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M.)): Gaxuri, Kazaniri, Wildeyes, Strange Heart

Noon patrol ((6:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.)): Amphetamine, Spirit of Midsummer, Deep of Night, Graysbane

Dusk patrol ((12:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.)): Mizu Konjou, Strange Eyes, Fywey, Gachori

Night patrol ((6:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.)): Ekorii, Hantomei, Evanin, Vasca Fantasma

Dawn patrol ((12:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M.)): Matangia, Fractured Trinity, Grayswit, Graysheart

You know, this was fun, and I felt a lot better afterwards. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow.

~Makrida~

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Dear journal,

We had thought she had been getting better. We had hoped that this sudden calmness in her was a good sign. Sure, her tail still twitched all the time, but otherwise she would lie down and rest without any complaints, any screaming. My father was even finally able to lie with her again last night, without her jumping him in either bloodlust or, well, lust. The healers suggested she go outside again, finally, and we were all too eager to agree.

We were fools.

Last year, when my mother lost her mind for my sake, trying to protect me from the threat she thought she saw in my vampiric nestmates, hers was a cunning insanity. She watched. She waited. She planned. What made us think she would not do so again, pretend to recover and wait until we dropped our guard to lose us in the clouds? We were so foolish, and now my friends may once again be the ones she tries to force to pay the price.

So much death, so much misery, and now this. When will this era of grief end?

There is a shadow on the horizon, one I recognize, and it is alone. Cannuke went out with the most recent search party, forcing me to stay and watch over our egg. If she is returning, then there is truly no hope, for none in these caves can fly longer and further than her. Clearly, my mother has escaped even my mate's wings. I can only pray that she will stay there, and however wrongly it rings through my head... I hope, for all our sakes, that I never see my mother again.

-Ionraic

Dear journal,

He didn't sleep, the idiot. And now he wants to go back out! I swear, if he doesn't... oh, wait, nevermind. Danpan knocked him out.

Idiot. Why does he always have to blame himself? The Twins don't. I don't. His mother... she's insane, and frankly even if she wasn't I don't think I'd have liked her, she seemed too clingy.

He's been thinking again, I know. He should be an oversized, scaled puppy that I'm not planning on eating (even if he does look particularly delicious after a kill). He shouldn't be moping, he shouldn't be angry, he shouldn't just... be. He has to be himself.

But at least he has me around to beat him out of it. After he wakes up, of course.

And if he ever reads you, journal, I will burn you to the ashes of ashes and claw you into a thousand fragments of specks of dust.

-Cannuke

Dear Journal,

There is another sweet-scented egg, now. Kitsuru came by the nursery to make sure that Peacock incubated this one, but then left. She no longer seems tearful, only... pale, and with shadows under her eyes that are worse than I've ever seen them. I have not left the nursery since I incubated the first strange egg, but there has been quite a bit of noise since Martlet was helped outside.

I wonder if her body has joined the others, and even disintegrated along with theirs?

-Redden

Edited by Kitsuru

Dear Journal,

I am very glad that Kril was able to warn us in time, or else disaster might have taken over our cave. Rayna, Seenar, and Anar (our three Skywings) were able to get out during pauses in the fights, and they have told us that many caves are full of dead dragons, thanks to Zombie attacks. Some of the other caves' dragons have even become Zombies themselves!

Well, the Zombies attacked our cave too, as did Vampires. We called Rorenth inside the night before the 31st, so as to make sure he'd be safe. He may be a traitor, and I still dislike him very much, but SeaChel said he's still one of us and she still cared for him. Sometimes I think she's too compassionate for her own good, but Rorenth has not attacked Graydonn or myself. Yet.

The attacks were vicious. Guildarr (our Guardian), the Whites, Daydreams, Purples, and Pinks all hurried the hatchlings to the back of the cave where it was safest. Aree, Viath, and Mellara (our water-based dragons) were able to warn us before the attacks came (as they live in the waters right outside the cave). Graydonn and I then commanded them to go under and stay there, as they don't have much in the way of defenses out there. Kril and Koriana (our Storms) took to the skies and shot lightning bolts at flying Vampires, while our Magi, Black, and Sunset dragons all did aerial claw-to-claw combat with them. The Zombies, who apparently cannot fly, or at least not very well, were met head-on by our Earth, Red, Vine, Whiptail, Horse, and Stripe dragons.

There were many injuries on our side, and many attacks were made that day, but we got through it okay! I have to give a lot of credit to SeaChel, who stayed at the dangerous cave entrance and warned us of attacks from behind and of dragons on our side who needed back-up.

But then she did something crazy. In-between two of these attacks, she hopped onto Za'lia (one of our Whiptails) and left to search for abandoned eggs! I tried to get her to stay where it was safe, but she insisted, saying "There might be some eggs in danger that we can save!" Again, too compassionate for her own good. But she found and rescued four eggs; they were not any type I'd even seen before! They were a golden color, but they were not gold dragon eggs. And they smelled...almost delicious! I'm quite interested in how these four eggs will turn out!

~Sesina Songflight

Black female, leader of the Songflight Clan

Unnamed (Hatchling of Lord Alyric and Lord Derry and Light and Death).

Mommy says I can write in her journal with her which makes me happy.

Hey, it's my turn!

No it's not! I just got started!

Yeah, but Daddy says I should go first!

No he didn't.

Fine, you go then, I'll do better though.

Whatever. Anyways, as I saying, Mommy thinks that I need to learn all I can and so now I'm (and my sibling) are being taught by Lirialgrace.

I think Lirialgrace is a funny name for a boy dragon.

Well, it's his name, so...

Are you going to keep writing, because if not then I will.

I"m still not finished!

Well hurry up.

There's also a split dragon egg, like us, that's going to hatch soon. I hope that I can make friends with it when it does. And then there's the really odd egg, it's super cold and it sort of freaks me out-

Scaredy cat.

I'm not! You said you were scared of it too! Now where was I? Oh yeah; Lirialgrace says that it's a vampire egg, but I don't know what that means so that's not very helpful...

I think that that's pretty obvious.

Well, what would you say?

You want me to?

Yes.

Then give me the journal.

Fine!

Thank you. It's my turn now. The vampire egg is grey and it has what looks like blood in the shape of a cross. I like the creepiness, but all the adult dragons avoid it. I think it scares even Death Dodger, who has a really cool tale about how he got his name.

See, the story starts when he grew up. Our friend-person, cocoaloco, decided that since she had enough males she'd turn him into a zombie dragon on Halloween. But Death Dodger didn't care to let her, so every time she tried killing him, he dodged her blade, using magic sometimes to avoid the sharp, shiny, killing tool. She supposedly tried to kill him a dozen times, but after Halloween he was still alive so she named him Death Dodger because no matter how hard she tried she wasn't able to hurt him.

There's also a hatchling that's near my age, it's a zombie hatchling, and it's frozen. I'm not sure wether it's a boy or a girl, but it's name is Zombie of Gold. I don't like being around it's area, it lives beneath a gravestone and the thing freaks me out man! It freaks me out!

Now who's the scaredy cat.

Watch it.

Watch what?

Hahaha, very funny.

My turn!

Fine, fair enough.

Okay, like my sibling said, Death Dodger was supposed to become a zombie like Zombie of Gold, but he didn't die. Well, he's thinking about teaching me to dodge things as well, and Death Light has offered to train us to fight as well. Death Light is really neat, but he talks a lot, so it's hard to get a word in edgewise. He's a warrior, and he and Lirialgrace often get into debates about War and Peace.

You like peace just as much as Lirialgrace does.

And you like war as much as Death Light I think.

Yeah, and your point?

Hey, maybe we'll be named War and Peace!

Or Peace and War.

Don't even start...

Another entry from Draetrea.

I groaned as I limped to the hatchling's corner. The newly gendered Draelitras has been draining the blood of rats that somehow entered the cave, and I wrinkled my nose at the stench of rotting bodies and the scent of Draelitras himself. I looked to the nest and smiled at the four eggs there, closely watched by Draene and Draei. I looked back at the vampire hatchling and asked, "Do you know what you are?" The vampire looked up at me and said, "A hatchling." I shook my head and left him behind, going to my mate, Draetea. I nuzzled him and said, "Draelitras is lucky he doesn't know what he is..." Draetea nodded and said, "I may not be wise like other healers, but I know when it will be a shock to him when he figures it out. If it isn't, then I'm a pygmy dragon." I giggled and curled around Draetea.

Javrena

Light and Death have decided to get everyone to start one of these journal things, so I'm going to try.

My name is Javrena, named after one of my human friend's character from one of her stories. I'm her first female to grow up, I'm her first Dorkface (though she didn't know that when she named me) and I'm her only albino. Not to mention her pickiest breeder, though she's only guessing that as of yet. She says that tonight she's going to breed me to either Death Light, a younger black dragon who lives near me or Wet and Twitchie, a water walker who is even younger then Death Light. I don't like either of them very much right now, they're both pathetic saps from the looks of things but perhaps I'm wrong.

There are two young female horse dragons as well, they're pretty nice, but a bit vain. Their names are Nightshade Highstep and Danre Blaublut. Nightshade Highstep and Death Dodger aren't interested in each other, but my human friend tried breeding them a few days ago. Danre Blaublut however is lucky enough to be part of a purebred family, and my human friend says that her mate must be a purebred horse dragon as well. I'm not sure why, but I think that Danre is part of a lineage project like myself.

My favorite group in our small family is the hatchlings. There are three of them. Their names are We're Inbred and Cute, a child of the two adult splits that I'm friends with. Another little split named If Inbreeding's Bad Are We, who's ancestors are extremely closely related, so the little fellow will probably be frozen or something, and then there's one that's closely related to me, it's a vampire Dorkface hatchling, also inbred, who's named I Bite Because I'm a Dorkface. They are all nice, and the oldest of the three, We're Inbred and Cute, is learning many things from Death Dodger, Lirialgrace, Death Light, Man'o'War, and myself.

Lirialgrace is my adoptive family's healer. He's the oldest of us three elders. He wasn't the first laid or stolen, but he was the first to hatch. I was third, and Man'o'War was second. We form the council, with a couple of the other adults. The council chooses where each one of us dragons lives, with the help of our human friend. We also decide which dragon or pair of dragons, watches over which egg or hatchlings. I myself will be watching over the other Dorkface, and Lord Alyric and Lord Derry watch over the two split hatchlings with their mate, Light and Death. The next hatchling's guardians are being decided tonight, the harvest egg. It smells like the autumn air and many of the older dragons are entranced by it's alure. I believe that either Death Dodger and Lirialgrace or Lirialgrace and Man'o'War should watch over it. I don't trust or really like Death Light, he talks too much, brags and is always looking for a fight. However, Death Dodger, Lirialgrace, and Man'o'War are talented, wise and well-behaved males. I don't want to be bred to Death Light at all, and I think I might hit him with my tail if he even thinks of trying it. Better that Nightshade Highstep takes him on than me. SHe at least can stand listening to him, is pretty forceful, and can get him to stop talking to everyone and listen for a change.

The frozen hatchlings are on the council as well, or rather, they have a representitive on the council. His name is Seriha, he's really as old as I am, but he was frozen to save his life. He was aobut to die when my human friend froze him, so now he lives in his golden years for all time. He's a wise fellow, and an enjoyable companion, but I'm not sure what his powers are.

__-Javrena (Dorkface) First Female, Council of the Elders, Albino, Shining Star of the Scroll.

Dear journal:

I saw her. Oighreachd, the Vampire dragon. It must have been her. No other dragon could move as silently as her, myself included. There was something...dangerous about her. Beautiful and dangerous.

It happened a few nights ago. I don't know what it was that woke me, but I felt the need to go and check on the eggs. I noticed that the Vampire egg had cracked, but the hatchling was lying on its back like it was dead. Even when I nudged it, there was no sign of life. Just as I was wondering how to dispose of it, she appeared. Taking no notice of me, she approached the hatchling, and, after sniffing at it, picked it up in her mouth. As she raised her head, her eyes met mine.

I do not know how long we stared at each other, but after a while, she turned and slipped back into the shadows.

Although no words were exchanged, I felt unsettled. That feeling still persists. It was almost as if she had spoken to me. What I saw in her eyes was excitment. Along with a hint of pride.

I am truly not sure what to think. While the thought of another Vampire creeping around fills me with unease, at the same time, I cannot help wondering.

What are the Vampires really like?

~~Dancing Arya~~

Edited by Ghost Cat

Dear Journal

Today I grew curious about the family history of the great Golden Dragon Clan of Gueriva. I went to my father and asked who his father was. After he replied I went to that dragon and asked who his father was. Strangely enough, I was his father. Go figure! I love my family.