Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear Journal,

Why have I wrote on you so quickly after the latest entry? I have realized that Mother haven't been picking up black eggs or even hatchlings. I have tried to ask her why, but there wasn't any reply. Had Mother had something against black dragons? Kuro Kishi is the only other dragon that looks like me, and he's so unlike a black.

Anyway, the four hatchlings I mentioned earlier were once not moving a lot nor eating much. Now, they are healthy. Hopefully it won't happen in the near future. Speaking of the hatchlings, I've found the new pink dragon's journal. I think his name is Syberious. Of course I hate the majority of the dragons in our cave! Except Orange Raikou, of course. Whenever I write his name on this little paper, I tend to smile.

...I'm still getting the blame of the 'Datamonster' act. Stupid little dragons.

~Midnight Ninja

Female Regular Black Dragon

Dear Journal,

The batch of hatchlings I mentioned earlier... the females grown into full adults. Magikal Doragon seems to be a majestic dragon who speaks of old tales, and Verde Doragon seems to be a kindly dragon who loves all, even myself. Verde Doragon does not remember of any Draconic parents, though, unlike the other hatchlings. I have asked many times.

We have taken three more eggs. They are a strange light green egg, unlike the colors of the vine egg and the mint egg, a soft brown egg, and a white egg. I hope they will prosper.

However, I saw Syberious humming a little tune late last night to soothe himself. It was past the usual hatchlings' bedtime, and pinks, nor pinks like Kaia, hum or even sing. Syberious is acting strangely, I might wait a few more days.

~Midnight Ninja

Dear Journal,

I have been quite sick for quite a long time. I hummed that sad tune because Mother has been disappointed in me. Why? I don't really know. I have already grown my wings, that's something. Right?

Wrong. After I finished that song, I immediately fainted afterward. Howaito is trying to cure me with white magic. He told me to don't move much and rest. Mother is still disappointed in me. She hid me in a fog to avoid others feeding me a lot.

Why is it always the hatchlings...

~Syberious The Pink

~~~

Dear Journal,

I haven't really touched this journal, but I will now be using it for weird rumors and for my white magic studies. Hopefully I could share some information with Healing Yin.

My current patient is a lone new pink, Syberious the Pink. He is a male, and likes to hum to himself at night to soothe himself, unlike the other pinks. However, Midnight Ninja is giving Syberious the evil eye... Did she inject some fluids into Syberious?

Mother said Syberious only had 2 days and 18 hours left, according to how he functions at the moment, his body, and some more. He is concealed under a light fog so visitors cannot nourish him. Syberious needs some medical food and treatment.

...Hopefully, I could get the treatment in and Syberious cured by Monday...

~Howaito

Male White Dragon

Dear Paper,

I wasen't able to find the other half of the description just yet... But we're making a trip. Shiro has decided to go meet the leader of our allied cave, seeing how our only tie with them is Mercury.

Shiro Saki is our oldest dragon, our oldest White. He has not gone out of the Valley since before I hatched. The other three Founders have decided to go with him, as well as Zaahir and Vergil. I hope it goes well.

Blaze of the Soul

Dear Journal,

I returned from our allied cave just last night. Their leader, Phantom, is in a serious condition, and I'm not sure that she'll survive all that long. They have been taking care of her the best they can, but she seems to be suffering. So I have rounded up all of the Whites in the cave, as well as all the Magi, and we're heading back as fast as we can.

I've not needed to use it for quite some time, but I'm bringing my medical tome and my pearl-topped staff with me. My mate, Black Inferno Temptest, has sent her blessings. I think that as she is also an old Black dragon, she feels some connection with Phantom.

Helio Aurora, my long-time nest brother and Second in Command expressed concern that she (Phantom) might not make it... While I take care of her, he said he'll discuss plans with their temporary leader, Master of Mages, on how they should go abouts if she really does leave this world.

I need to go, time is of the essence.

Shiro Saki,

Leader of the Valley of the Stars

Dear Paper,

Shiro has been worrying himself sick over this. He is wise, old, and powerful, and his intentions are good, but he is an optimist. He has spent most the night gathering crystals, herbs, medicines, and his texts. I, on the other hand, have been prepairing for the worst.

I've given myself the grim job of asking their plans if it does happen. We dragons have long lives, but we can die. My brother knows this, but he has hope... I wonder if that comes with the breed.

I do not look forward to this... But I can hear Shiro calling. I must go.

Helio Aurora,

Head mage of the Valley of the Stars

Dear Journal,

It looks like Howaito cured Syberious. However, there is still something unusual with Syberious. He hummed near the unnamed new orange hatchling last night. Such a strange little creature.

Anyway, Mother has picked up a small piece of paper next to the recent white egg. She still is taking a break with the breeding, but she wants to carry on this white's lineage. I really hope it prospers, then.

I should ask Howaito about Syberious. Howaito should know, because for the past few days, he has researched on Syberious. I'm afraid Howaito would simply ignore me or mistaken that I will use that information for evil deeds... I should try anyway.

~Midnight Ninja

~~

Dear Journal,

That pink dragon's sickness have been treated. Midnight Ninja has stopped placing her evil eye on Syberious, fortunately. Ever since AVGN and Dark Dorsel suddenly disappeared, Midnight Ninja has been rumored to give bad luck. The question is, how did AVGN and Dark Dorsel reappear? The Magis and the white dragons, including myself, are still in the progress of finding out that. No luck so far.

Even after Syberious being cured, he still hums a strange melody at night, usually the last one to sleep. Maybe it's not Midnight Ninja. Time for more research.

~Howaito

Male White Dragon & Medical Expert of the Cave

Dear Journal,

It seems I'm the only one of us who's taken the time to learn to write. Domina's too busy rushing around--I swear, she wants to be a record-breaker among flyers, as well as an aerobatic fancywing. And Aido--Aidoneus, lords and ladies only know why she has such a masculine name--is a cave-lurking brooder.

It's strange, all of us girls. Even young Sundew's female, and I'm waiting for the purple one. I'm certain the one to come out of the striped egg will be as well. Female pheremones, I suppose.

In any case, I shall write again, for no one else will chronicle for us.

By my claw,

Maiu Rex of the Rex and Rei of Somercy's Scroll

Dear Journal,

I don't understand what all the fuss is about this clan called "Dorkface", but SeaChel seems to be excited about it. She's found one before and was jumping up and down for joy when she first found out. And last night she ran into the cave clutching a white egg and yelling, "It's a Dorkface!" O,o Even with our bond she can be hard to understand at times. Still, A'lek Dorkface turned out to be a decent dragon, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

In other news, Taz and Lena (our main Pygmy pair) have another egg that is about to hatch. Their fourth! Their first three have all been males and Lena desperately wants a girl. When Harina heard this she asked to be able to spend some time alone with the egg, claiming that she could increase the chances of it being a female. She's done this once before with Shelira, so hopefully it will work, for Lena's sake.

Oh, Harina just came back with Lena's egg. I'm going to go ask her about her influencing methods.

~Sesina Songflight

Black Dragon, Leader of the Songflight Clan

Dear Journal,

I am so pleased! My little Magi hatchling has wings and have been named Midnight Raikou. Finally, one of my children bares a little bit of Orange Raikou and my name. I am currently trying to teach Midnight Raikou how to write and hopefully she will be given a journal, just like me. I hope for another female so my children's male and female ratio will be balanced.

About the information, Howaito just denied it. The conversation was in the darker, deeper parts of the cave, but still in our territory.

"Howaito," I said to get the white dragon's attention.

"Midnight Ninja," he replied.

"About Syberious The Pink, your recent patient, what was wrong with him?"

"None of your business, Ninja."

"It is definitely many of my business."

He simply ignored me. No matter how much I begged for the information, Howaito quickly ignored me. Just like the fool he is.

Three hatchlings hatched. There was a green-ish hatchling, a pale white hatchling, and a white hatchling. The white egg still haven't hatched, and the new hatchlings have been avoiding me like a wildfire. I shall try speaking to them, despite my reputation in the cave.

~Midnight Ninja

~~

Dear Journal,

Midnight Ninja has been asking me about Syberious, but I simply ignored her. My research is only shared with the other white adults I know and trust. Hopefully that includes the white hatchling when it turns into a full adult.

My conclusion about Syberious's singing? He loves to sing to himself, and it soothes him and the hatchlings. None of the adults seem to be affected in some way by his singing, but it is indeed wonderful.

Now, none of the hatchlings are sick. Beautiful.

So long for now,

~Howaito

Male White Dragon & Medical Expert of the Cave

Dear Paper,

While I was taking a break, I decided to write in here, to update our progress. As we Magi are not that good with healing spells, our jobs are to 'recharge' the Whites so they can keep up the spells. Right now, the other Whites are working on keeping the old black dragon stable, and Shiro Saki and Shiro Mage (Shiro Mage is the second oldest white, and is trusted with this) are working on repairing the damage done.

She has yet to wake up, but the two elder Whites have been hopeful. She would have died without this help, I believe.

I don't like being this far away from my mate for this long. However, it is necessary. I hope nothing bad happens while we're away... I spoke to them as I said I would, and it seems they do have a plan. I am glad. Now, I must rest, for my shift is due soon.

Helio Aurora

Dear Journal,

The hatchlings merely ignored me, even in their winged forms. They have been named, Mikato the Striped, but he is really a Neotropical, as Mother calls them, and Lord Ikrutsk. Why that name? Mother says it has something to do with their lineages. She picked up a piece of paper next to Lord Ikrutsk showing numerous dragons, but I couldn't read it. That pale white hatchling hasn't grown wings or haven't grown into a full adult yet. I hope it isn't sick. The white egg now has a quite large hole.

Midnight Raikou hasn't been succeeding in her writing studies. If she couldn't write by the time she grows up, I wouldn't worry, as long as our lineage is carried on.

I should ask Mother about what Syberious has done to the new white egg. I've always thought it was too late for eggs to make modifications when they have only five days left, but, whatever.

~Midnight Ninja

Dear Journal,

As I figured, Harina didn't tell me a thing about how she could increase the chances of an egg becoming female; and because of her status in the cave I can't just force it out of her. I suppose I could try to force it out of D'lann, but he is my--what did SeaChel call it?-- son-in-law, mate to my daughter Graysina. I don't think that would be very proper.

Speaking of D'lann and Graysina, their hatchling (my first grandhatchling!) is doing well. She's already grown her wings and has been named D'lina. Why do hatchlings have to grow up so fast? Perhaps I can get her to tell her favorite grandmother about influencing, as it seems to be a trait in Pink dragons...

~Sesina Songflight

Black Female, Leader of the Songflight Clan

P.S. Lena's hatchling has been confirmed as female, much to her excitement! Harina does it again...

Edited by SeaChel

Dear Journal,

That thing Syberious did to the new white... it's called influencing! It heightens the chance that the one who is influenced will be the same gender as the one who influenced it.

Anyway, Midnight Raikou has turned into a full adult! Woot! That means she can have a mate. Midnight Raikou succeeded in her writing classes and other Draconic classes, like Black Magic. She is now one of the top magi dragons in the cave, but Orange Raikou and the older Magi dragons' black magic is quite inferior compared to Midnight Raikou's.

One of the new hatchlings have grown wings. His name is Five Deluxe. Why the weird names? Why Five Deluxe? Why Syberious for a pink dragon? Some things should be remained unanswered, but still, Mother's naming methods are quite strange.

We have a new white hatchling! Mother is quite disappointed, but still not upset by the result, probably because Syberious influenced the little poor dragon, and he's a male. According to Howaito's test results, the new white hatchling has been failing on all of the subjects except white magic. Time to question him again.

~Midnight Ninja

~~

Dear Journal,

Hello again, my little journal. I am researching on the new white hatchling. The subject proves to specialize in only white magic. The subject in mention is quite illiterate, too. He/she has been merely writing illegibly, and if even I can read it, I am sure that it is filled with sentence fragments. We shall try and teach the little white hatchling, but with Midnight Raikou and... I can't believe I'm writing this, Midnight Ninja... as the new teachers. For now, they will be substitute teachers, saying that Howaito is currently severely wounded. If all is well, they can be permanent teachers. Time for a test.

~Howaito

Male White Dragon and Medical Expert of the Cave

Dear Journal,

This may be my first time writing, but I sure am going to try! Anyway, mother says I'm one of the beautiful dragons she's hatched so far, but I think she is just saying that.... I really like my home with my group of dragons; AJ (AJ2012) is like my elder sister by a day, I think. Then (Little) Angel Halo is just slightly younger than AJ, making her my elder sibling, too. Then there's my Shadow (Shadows of Sunset); he is so annoying at times! Just because he is older than me, that means nothing! In truth, I don't see him as a brother. From a distance, he is handsome and would one day make a great cave leader. Beauty (Pale Beauty 012) is younger than me by a day, so I'm a big sister too!

There's another hatchling here, too, but it doesn't have a name yet. Mom says that it'll get a name when she knows it's gender. That's what she did with me and the others, so until it get's a name, I'll just call it my sibling smile.gif.

We even have four eggs that will hatch in a few more days! Mom said that if I wanted to take one under my wing and teach them somethings, I could. I think one egg is a Guardian egg, I want to help raise it! I'll ask mom when it hatches!

Our cave doesn't have a name yet, mostly because we don't have any leader. I think, though, that Shadow is going to give it a go. Anyway, I think that's it for now... I can't think of anthing else right now so I'll try and write again tomorrow!

Love,

Little Healing Halo

P.S: This is what I look like wink.gif

user posted image

Edited by Songbreeze2012

Dear Dragon Goddess

Omg!!! You know that baby girl I was talking about, well, she is now my mate!!!

And, even with other eggs and hatchlings around us, we had out first offspring. We got one little egg, and we kept it. It gendered in a baby girl, which is good because there are many males in our cave. And she has grown fully and healthy. I wonder who will become her mate.

----

Today I watched something terrible happen. There I was, watching over the hatchlings, when one became very cold all of a sudden. We are all DayDream dragons so I thought it would be fine. I was wrong. The little guy had caught that darn spell I have heard from over the valley. He is now frozen, and cannot grow up. He will be forever ridiculed because of this. I cried for a day, while my mate cried for a week.

----

Strange... A egg appeared outside our cave today, and it looked different from all of us. Even so, one of the other males took it inside and sat it with the other eggs and hatchlings. The egg seemed to have a shelid of some sort on it. Oh well, we are waiting to see how it will hatch. But we do know it is from Wild dragons atleast.

----

The egg hatched, it is very cute. It has not gendered yet but it has a large sheild on its tail. So now I am searching for what it is. It seems to like to watch over the eggs and other hatchlings, it seems to want to protect them. I will keep you posted oh Goddess.

P.S. Oh, and I thank you for speaking to the so called TJ. I have found a plentiful bound of DayDream eggs for our cave...

----

I have noticed, Goddess, that only a few of us are named. There is me, Master SkySong DayDream. There is my mate, Mistress SkySong DayDream. There is out child, Mrs FirstBorn DayDream. And now the frozen male Daydream got a name, Mr The Clouds Were Freezing. I find that name stupid since he had not gotten up int the clouds yet, his wings had only just appeared when he was frozen.

Please give me a sign, oh Goddess. And maybe, help us find more eggs, new ones aswell. Since most f us love to live and sleep in the clouds, some of us must leave that joy to watch the eggs and hatchlings...

Master Skysong Daydream

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The page has been ripped off by dragon claws.

Edited by Eilish

Dear Journal,

There isn't much to update since I last wrote. The little white Dorkface gendered female, and A'lek Dorkface's hatchling did too. Their names are Kreya Dorkface and Lekia Dorkface, respectively.

There has been a lot of drama going on around our Weyr. A great deal of our dragons have found mates for themselves and as a result we have five eggs right now, all bred from within our clans; but there are a few who feel slightly left-out. Rayna in particular, but she keeps saying that neither Rorenth nor Che'lonn (our only two males without mates) are right for her. Hopefully we will find someone for her soon, as I hate to see her depressed like this. I should probably go see how she's doing.

~Sesina Songflight

Black female, Leader of the Songflight Clan

Dear Journal,

I just don't understand it. Graydonn is a weakling compared to me, so why should he be the leader of the Flamebeat Clan? I'm bigger, stronger, faster, and can sustain my fire longer than he; by all rights I should be the leader! And yet there he is, looking at his mate, Sesina, with lovey-dovey eyes and guarding his granddaughter's egg while she hunts, acting as if he doesn't have a care in the world.

I'll give him something to care about...

~Rorenth Flamebeat

Red Male, soon-to-be Leader of the Flamebeat Clan

Dear Journal,

I'm so proud of my daughter, D'lina! She now has her first egg, and she couldn't have picked a better mate for herself! Se'sen, the offspring of Sesiel and O'sen, two of the most respected dragons in the Weyr! My mate, D'lann, has been instructing her in the care of her egg for the past day. I'm not really jealous of that position, though. I may be her mother, but D'lann is a pink dragon, and they are known for their knowledge of caring for eggs and hatchlings. I am content.

What was that? There is roaring coming from the entrance of the cave! It sounds like Rorenth and *ink splatter*

Edited by SeaChel

Dear Journal,

Me again, and do I have news! First off, I finaly asked mom if I could raise the Guardian egg; she said I could! I am so happy! I checked my little egg, and it seems to be ok for now, so I am happy to leave it in the group with the others. Come to think of it, it'll probably protect the others when it hatches; which means, I am a proud dragon mother to be already! Also, the little dragon I menchon in my last entry, he has a name now. Mother named him Gently Falling Leaves, but I think I'll just call him Leaves. He is still young, but he will turn into a fine dragon one day, I'm sure of it. Angle took him under her wing and is showing him what to do, so he should be fine.

Do you remember when I said Shadow would make a good leader? Well it's been decided that he should be the leader! I am happy for him; he is a proud sunset dragon. When mother told him that he was the leader, his chest filled out more and he stood tall. I wonder if he noticed that I blushed when he did that? Also, Beauty is sick somewhat, when I asked if she wanted me to help her, she said she would be fine. I think I'll keep an eye on her anyway, just to be safe. Other than that, I think all the eggs are doing ok Leaves is getting bigger and bigger. I am one of the happiest dragons ever known, I think.

Love,

Healing(Little Healing Halo)

PS: One last thing, Shadow has decided to start a journal too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leader's Journal,

I am Shadows of Sunset. My cave clan calls me Shadow; a fitting name, according to them. The eggs of the cave are healthy, each is of a different speices. I heard that Healing is going to raise the Guardian egg when it hatched; I approve, there could be no one better to raise that hatchling in my opinion. Angel is raiseing the newest hatchling, Leaves; again, I approve, who knows, Angel might have a mate in the little one. Who am I to judge that, though? Just because I am cave leader, that doesn't mean I shall be a cruel one. I love my cave family; some more than others. Also, Pale Beauty is sick; I shall ask Healing to check in on her if she hasn't already.

Healing is a magnificant dragon, beautiful and smart; but also carring and considerat. I do beleive I might have found my mate, but I am not sure yet. I will ask her tonight, if she denies me, I will be heartbroken, but I shall understand. I love her. She is my Little Healing Halo.

That is all I have to record here, for now. I will write again tomorrow.

Signed,

Shadows of Sunset(Shadow)

Leader of the Fireproof Clan

Dear Journal,

Tragedy has befallen our cave. I'd sensed that Rorenth was mad about not being the leader of the Flamebeat clan, but I had no idea he'd go this far! To attack Graydonn as he was protecting his great-grandegg, totally at peace with the world...I never would have thought he'd do that.

Rorenth, with the advantage of surprise, was able to wound Graydonn pretty badly. And it didn't help that Rorenth is a red dragon and the strongest male in the cave. Graydonn had to use his last resort to keep himself alive, his Earthquake ability. It worked, a huge boulder hit Rorenth hard in the chest, which slowed him down, but two eggs were killed in the process: Warrila and Traegon's waterwalker egg, and Jazzi and Karr's pygmy egg.

Sesina and Graysina (Graydonn's mate and daughter, respectively) heard the commotion and quickly put Rorenth in his place. He is no longer allowed inside the cave, and we fear he may go rogue, joining the wild dragons.

Now Graydonn is being worked on by Sesiel and her son, Se'sen, our white dragons. Sesina hasn't left her mate's side. Jazzi and Karr are mourning their loss, but they understand that it wasn't Graydonn's fault that their egg was lost. Traegon and Warrila, on the other paw, seem to boil with hatred against Graydonn because of their lost egg. I only hope that they won't take as drastic steps as Rorenth did today.

~Aymeth Songflight

Purple female

Dear Journal,

I failed. Now I have been banished from the cave and am left alone out in this cold weather. But the dragons in my cave are softies, they will let me back in when the snows come and it becomes unbearable. What's more, I think I have made allies in Traegon and Warrila. Perhaps next time I try to take my rightful place in the cave I will have back-up.

~Rorenth Flamebeat

Red male, soon-to-be leader of the Flamebeat Clan

Dear Journal:

There are three new eggs in the cave. At first I thought the one was a chicken egg but my owner tells me it's a dragon egg... I still think it's a chicken egg. The one egg I can see right through, I think there may be something wrong with it I mean what can of egg can you see through?? Oh well. Purple Beuty is doing a good job caring for the eggs. I don't know how she does it. I couldn't stand laying around the cave all day staring at those silly eggs. Our leader Army Sheild will have his hands full when those three hatch. Gold Flight woke me up during the middle of the day, stupid magi dragon wanted to tell me something he read in a book. They know I stand watch every night all night why won't they let me sleep? Oh and to top things off our owner volunteered me to join a new lineage project. Now we're just waiting for my new mate to arrive. I can't believe I have to be part of this. Well I suppose it's better then our owner wanting me to mate with the gaurdian dragon, Army Sheild, I don't want to have eggs with him. I guess that's all for now. Oh wait that's right our owner also wants to try and make a neglected dragon (rolls eyes) should be interesting. K now that's it.

Black Sail.

CB Black female.

Dear Journal,

A human picked me up today! She's really tall, and I thought she might try to hurt me, so I tried to run away. But she grabbed me and took me to where three eggs and another hatchling were. The human shuffled through her scroll a little, and then she ran away, saying something about fansites that I didn't understand.

The other hatchling seems friendly. I think it's a "water horse" - I've seen one of them before. It came over to me and said hi and asked who I was, saying it was glad that the family had another hatchling now. I didn't know anything about where I was, so I just said hi and that I didn't have a name. I decided that it would just be easiest to figure things out about this weird place by watching.

~~~

The human came back and she started calling me Mint Cookie Dough. That's fine, I guess. I'm still worried, though. There are two eggs that she says are due to hatch soon - what if one of them turns out to be mean? I guess I'll just have to see.

~Mint Cookie Dough

(male mint)

Dear Journal,

My mate and the rest of the Whites and Magi returned, and not too soon. Vergil and Zaahir had another scuffle, this time after one of Zaahir's many decendants insulted Vergil's mate, Yuki. Of course, the Silver Dragon would not suffer the indignety, so he attacked the young Gold. Zaahir got involved, and it was a few minutes before Small Dark Lady saw and ran to get me.

Of course I broke up the fight, but there were some injuries. And now, the Golds and Silvers are keeping to different parts of the main Castle, which I ordered them to, or else they would taste my claws.

I am glad the she-drake Phantom is alive. However, my mate is dead tired, and I'll still have to keep up the Cave duties with Fayted, who is the mate of Helio Aurora. Tonight I'm going to talk to Yuki and Leila Lilith, who is Zaahir's mate. Hopefully we can try to patch the hole in the relationship between the two Metalic Clans.

Black Inferno Temptest

Alfa She-Drake of the Valley of the Stars

Dear Paper,

Our efforts were a success. Phantom is awake once more. I left my tome with our allied cave... They need it more than I, and I can always ask our papers to compile another copy.

Shiro Mage did a wonderful job, and I am making her my successor White in case something happens to me... I have no white children in the cave that are old enough to take the possition. Tomorrow, I am going to ask the Geodes to make the female White a Moonstone staff, like my Pearl staff.

Now, I must rest... Good dreams await me.

Shiro Saki,

Leader of the Valley of the Stars

this was written by my guardian dragon egg a day after he hatched.

August 23nd, 2009.

The Big, fluffy white dragon is constantly washing me and looking at the form of my skin. ever since the moment i hatched. The pink egg next to me is shaking a lot, and all i want to do is roll it around but the other big dragons tell me not to. There is also a very tiny orange round thing that i wanted to eat but they told me not to again. I like the big white dragon because she doesn't tell me not to do things or touch my tail gourd like the other dragons. I also like the other hatchling, just a day younger than me, who is a pretty blue color and has a cloud with her all the time. she seems a bit distant when you talk to her but she is very nice, especially when she let me touch her big, pink thing that the adults called a cloud. The long-tailed brown dragon called Buzzeet is funny and lets me play with his tail, and the shiny dragon called Gaedus let me climb on his back. I'm glad that i chose to hatch here, except for the fact that the adults don't let me eat the orange thing. they said it was a tiny egg but i don't believe an egg can be so small.

Edited by serpentus of oceaus

Dear Journal,

The others have given me you because I have "anger management problems". Anger management problems? I manage my anger just fine! They're all still alive, aren't they?

Haukia insisted I call you Journal despite the fact that you're a thought recorder. A telepathic signal recorder, to be precise. I consider this to be a perfect show of my ability to manage my anger, given that Haukia is small enough that I could kill her by stepping on her. But did I? No! They should be giving me a medal, not locking me up here with you!

I'm hungry. I want another deer. They better let me out soon. I won't stand for any of those ingrates doing my hunting for me!

...it's cold in here. Ugh. I can feel my claws freezing. I would heat the rocks around me, but if I overdo it I'll just be buried in a rockslide. This is awful. ...maybe I shouldn't have lit that small chirpy human on fire...

Aelus

Dear Journal,

You will never believe this, but it's the truth! Shadows of Sunset decided to call the clan the Fireproof Clan. A very befitting name, I must say; but that's not what I'm so excited about. After anouncing the name of the clan, he said that he would need a strong mate to help him. I tell you, he walked right up to me in front of everyone and asked if I would be his mate! Oh, goodness, I was so shocked and nervous! I managed to say, 'Of course, Shadow...' Then he nuzzled me and said to me, 'I truly do love you, my Little Healing Halo. Finally, I can admit to him that I have love him since he hatched. We are going to try for eggs here in about a week; dear, that makes me even more nervous!

Getting off that (even though I don't want to) the eggs are doing fine; and they've started hatching! Mom says in about another day or two they'll all be running around and driving us insane. AJ has decided that she would raise the other three eggs on her own, I'm not sure, but I think she is worried she'll nver get a mate. I offered to help her when I could and she said that would help. I'm glad I can help her; that makes me happy. Beauty is finally better; she had got to many veiws and clicks in too little time. I checked on her this afternoon and she was much better. I told mother this and she took the fog away from her. We can see her again! Angel and Leaves are getting along quite well. The little guy is so adorable next to her; I hope those two become a breeding pair, that would be wonderful. I think that is all for now, so bye till I write again.

Love,

Little Healing Halo,

Mate to Shadows of Sunset;

Fireproof Clan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leader's Journal,

I have terrrific news; as I said in my last entry, I was going to ask Little Healing Halo to be my mate. After I anounced the clan name, Fireproof Clan, I said I would need a mate to help me. I walked straight to Healing and asked her if she would be my mate. Her exact words were, 'Of course, Shadow.' I had then nuzzled her and said, 'I truly do love you, my Little Healing Halo. She had then said that she had loved me since I had been a small hatchling. I was surprised; I had loved her since I first laid eyes on her. We are going to try for eggs in a week, I think I am more nervous than she is at the prospect.

Off of that (though I could go on and on on how beautiful she is) The eggs in the cave currently have begun to hatch. When Healing saw the first crack in the Guardian egg she is to raise, she looked over to me and said, 'Look! Shadow! Our Guardian is starting to come out of it's shell.' I smiled at her; our Guardian egg was not even ours; but if she wishes it to be like one of our hatchlings, I will not mind. This is just more experiance that I am learning. Moving on, Leaves and Angel are getting along very well; the little hatchling almost never leaves her side. One day, I hope those two will be mates; they would be happy. AJ, I hear, has decided to take on the responsibility of raise the other three eggs, a daydream, pink, and grey; I say that she will make a great nest mother when they hatch. Beauty, according to Healing, is much better. Something about clicks and veiws, but I'm not entirely sure. I do believe that's all for now, so I will close today's journal.

Signed,

Shadows of Sunset (Shadow)

Leader of the Fireproof Clan.

Dear Journal,

I have not left my dear Graydonn's side even for a moment. The only reason I can write in you is because Lena grabbed it for me. I'm so glad that she understands that is wasn't Graydonn's fault her grandegg died.

I don't know what I'm going to do with Rorenth. More than anything I want to send him away. After all, I can't trust him anymore. He's responsible for the deaths of two eggs, as well as for nearly killing my great-grandegg, and hurting my mate. It's been 24 hours since he was last conscious. It pains me to see him like this!

But it's not that simple. Rorenth is a great hunter; sending him away may hurt us in the coming winter. But will he even hunt for us while he's banished from the Weyr? I don't know. I just don't know.

Oh Graydonn, wake up. Your guidance was always so wise. I am at a loss.

~Sesina Songflight

Black female, leader of the Songflight Clan