Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

There are two sets of journal pages here. One is only a few lines on a single sheet of paper; the other is a long-winded entry. The short one is for yesterday; the long one is for today. The first one:

Muldance, Second of Eleven Moon, 4635 P.D.

Dear Journal,

I can feel a breeze in the wind today; I feel trapped in the caves. I can sense the darkness creeping around me, suffocating me, and I can't stand it, I can't even be alone in a room anymore without eventually crying out or running for the safety of the other dragons. I need to get away...

Makrida

The second one:

Tydance, Third of Eleven Moon, 4635 P.D.

Dear Journal,

Well, Mama's gone again today. She had that far-off look in her eyes, and she wouldn't stay in a room alone; I don't think she noticed that I knew, though. We all know when she's about to leave, usually. Honestly, though, I wish she would at least let us know! Yesterday, nobody knew who was on which patrol; we finally decided to go find Makrida and straighten the matter out. That was when we found out she was gone. It was also when I found her journal, and I decided it was actually a good idea. So here I am, scribbling away! Since she failed to announce any of what happened yesterday, I'll just do my best to fill you in, Journal.

Yesterday, Valpicerx and Omega Rafasda (the horse hatchling) got their wings, and Fezore's back legs transformed; today, they matured! And now Valpicerx and Fezore are good-naturedly fighting over Rafasda, who just blushes. Also, Graysheart and Early Fall got into a fight (the fall seasonal persisted in calling her Gray Shart), and had to be sent to their seperate caves in the Vault for the rest of the day. I've noticed Janguru and Enguia spending a great deal of time together; I have the feeling that as soon as we have room in the nursery, we'll have at least one spot taken. I'm not sure how Mizu and Dess (who pretty much adopted Enguia) are taking it, since I've been so very busy these past couple of days, thank you very much Mama, and I haven't seen them at all.

I've also noticed Szabaru, Vaidade and Dawn grouped together in the magic workshop and the infirmary; each time, Szabaru looks a little healthier, there are fewer worms and bugs, and his flesh appears to be more patched up. His scales are even starting to look orange again! I'm not sure exactly what they're doing, but whatever it is, they're slowly but surely making him look less like a little freak of nature and more like a very creepy magi hatchling. I suppose I should be happy, but to be honest Szabaru scared me long before he became a zombie; in fact, almost from the moment he hatched. Normal magi dragon's eyes are supposed to glow blue; they're not supposed to be a soulless, dead black from birth. I'm not sure how Vaidade became so attached to him; maybe because he's the only other magi in our cave? If so, then she can stop, because he's not a magi anymore.

I'm very worried about Spirit of Midsummer. The summer seasonal has been a great deal more apathetic since the end of summer, and getting worse by the day; now that winter's started, he's gone into a black mood, refusing to eat, go outside most of the time, talk to anyone but his mate and three children. Whenever I ask Marcavalo what he had to say, she just gave me a strained smile and told me that he was perfectly all right, he had probably just eaten something that didn't agree with his stomach. I'm not convinced, and apparently neither are either of the other waterhorses in their small family; Medio Verao and Numaire won't talk to me about it, though. As if that wasn't bad enough, Early Fall, who is normally quite energetic and happy, has started to become apathetic as well. She usually stays in the family's cave with her father, both of them sulking together.

Kazaniri, the red in charge of training the hatchlings to fight and defend themselves, seems to be adjusting well to her lost eye, thankfully; Dawn and Noon did what they could, but even our resident healer and her son couldn't restore the delicate organ. Also, seeing that Opposable Thumbs was the only one of the dragons in our cave who fought that night to have escaped completely unharmed, not even a scratch, Kazaniri has approached her, asking her to help train the hatchlings, as well as a special squad she has in mind to handle dangers in the caves and on the surrounding territory. Needless to say, Thumbs accepted. Good thing, too; the poor thing needs something to take her mind off of Tambarainn's death. The two of them were like brother and sister.

Nankaro took off yesterday to track down the guardian hatchling; I don't blame him. Poor dragon; Thumbs wasn't the only one who lost a close friend on Halloween night. I let him go, and he said if he hasn't returned in a week, he'll send us a message via one of the homing pigeons that lives in a grove of trees somewhere nearby on the surface. If we don't get the message soon, we'll know that something happened to him; he said if that happens, just go on with life, but Mania's already lost one son recently, and it'll push her over the edge if her adopted son dies too (well, further over the edge), so I'll send a search party out for him. We take care of our dragons.

The eggs are doing well; the black and one of the strange-smelling eggs have cracked all the way across, the other strange egg has opened somewhat, and the ochredrake has a full hole. Ekorii and Graysbane's egg hasn't started to crack yet, but it was laid some time after the others, so we're just keeping it warm and waiting. I can't believe we don't have any hatchlings running about the nursery, although I say we still have two running loose about the caves!

Rafasda is relatively mature for her age, but she's a little too quiet, and she prefers to eat alone or with her parents. I'll have to talk to her soon; hopefully, I can get her to open up a little.

I've seen Carnie working on something in the far corner of the magic workshop, but every time I try to see what it is she just grins and shoos me away, telling me that I have things to do. And is she ever right!

Anyway, I've organized the patrols with Papa and a few other's help, unlike a certain midget black who will not be named here, so I'm writing them down.

Dawn patrol ((12:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M.)): Valpicerx, Fezore, Omega Rafasda, Omega Falcon

Noon patrol ((6:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.)): Early Fall, Numaire, Medio Verao, Marcavalo

Dusk patrol ((12:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.)): Konjou's Dream, Janguru Denrei, Dream So Shy (Dess), Omega Jacinth

Night patrol ((6:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.)): Iiroke, Ekorii II, Enguia, Opposable Thumbs

Dawn patrol ((12:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M.)): Amphetamine, Terasa and Mikaire, Kambra and Lovet, Amphe's Noon

Sigh... looks like Graysheart and Early Fall are fighting again; Ope-Ku's rooting for Graysheart, and Matangia is taking Early Fall's side. Gotta go, journal! Talk to you tomorrow!

~Evanin~

Edited by Carnivorous M.

First Journal Entry! November third, Two Thousand Nine, afternoon.

Only two days into officially being an adult. I'm not sure why I didn't pick up journal writing while I was a hatchling. It seems like a wonderful idea. Tidas is so happy with me. She loves that I've taken so well to helping her care for the eggs and hatchlings- Even if we both can only do so from the water. Little Brutus is always a handful, I've learned that quickly. He's rallied the other two hatchlings into play battles, though he's much too rough, and gets a bit too close to the eggs for comfort. Little Felis keeps herself curled around them though, and knocks the little hatchling away. I suppose trouble is to be expected with a little black though, isn't it?

I met Nex last night... I hadn't run into the little guy on Halloween. I find it hard to believe that he's the seasonal that I used to have so much fun with as a hatchie. I know that he's the only surviver from the four murders on Halloween night... Though he isn't exactly alive. I already know I'll miss Spergeticus with her easy going attitude and protective nature. She always made me feel safe as a little hatchie, and I don't know how this group will do without her.

I'm already attached to a small, greenish egg that Vocabulations brought home the other day. I'm not sure whats inside, but i have a good feeling that it'll be another water dragon, like me and Tidas! I asked Vocab, but as usual she won't tell me anything. Don't get me wrong, I love my shapeshifting owner, but... Could she at least once give one of us a straight answer?

Hmm... Brutus is crushing our little gold hatchies pumpkins again... I better do something.

With love, Dynamo.

Edited by vocabulations

Rapisu:

Has my owner GONE CRAZY, killing 4 dragons, everyone is scared to even approach him, his sword still has the blood stains of what's left of the 4 dragons..............even I am scared

there's a new dragon who goes by the name of Kagedorugoramon hmm, he is scary, but I think he has minor memories of us, because he doesn't attack us, though he does wake up at night and guards all the dragons and eggs, but seems to be dead in in the morning and afternoon.

the two vampire are excited as we have a new vampire egg, we all hope it's a male.

Oh no, Razuri thinks the leetle tree is a scrubbing post. Better make him stop before it breaks. Is that a good thing??

Razuri

Dear Journal,

Two of the sweet-smelling honey-colored eggs hatched today, and all of the Females in the cave are swooning over the cute, small things. Well, all accept for one, but I will touch upon that subject in a bit. Their color as hatchlings remind me more of a pumpkin, rather than honey. This does not surprise me. We went to see the first eggs of it's kind, taken care of by the Mighty TJ, and it has grown up, adopting one of the carved out pumkpins left there by human children as it's home. It is a small breed, although not as small as Pygmies, and is connected with the Fall Harvest.

With the end of that rush, the new one begins. The smell of wood smoke is in the air as dragon caves all around are prepairing meat to be stored over the winter. I have asked that the ashes from these fires be saved, as I want to use them for the small herb garden I am planning, so I have plenty of things to eat over the winter.

Now, for the one female that was not crying over the Pumpkin hatchings... Shizune Dorkface, Lucian's and Gabriella's daughter, has taken a turn down a darker path... The Yulebuck Brothers have reported that she was in the Library on several occasions, and the Papers have said she read books on holy spells. She was one of the few told about the fate of her parents... The others were told they meerly died, as a percaution for wandering eyes. We do not need those two escaping from the Necropolis Waterfalls, due to some curious hatchling.

I wonder what she is up to. When I saw her earlier, she had a dark look in her eye that I normally only see in Vergil's. It saddens me to see her so... And it worries me. I fear she'll go after the Necromancer if she sees him. I will speak to her tonight.

Well, anyway, need to go. Just to make sure the hatchlings are not too scared of all the fauning females.

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

Breaking news! The black egg just hatched! It's such a little dear; certainly nothing like Valpicerx. Speaking of Valpicerx, him and Fezore are carrying it around now. When I told Carnie, she looked extremely happy, running into the hatchery. After playing with the new hatchling for a few minutes, she set it down, stood up, and announced that its name is Kavruna. Pranae and Fywey, the only other dragons who were awake at the time, went out and caught some squirrels for it to eat. The other eggs look like they're going to hatch soon; I'm so excited!!

Well, I'd better go to bed now; as crazy as my little brother and his friend are, I know they won't let anything happen to Kavruna. Toodle-oo!

~Evanin~

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Dear journal,

The little one has hatched, and none too soon. Kitsuru was beginning to frown at it; and although she had returned to something resembling her normal behavior, I wouldn't let her a neotropical's wingspan's length away if it were my choice. But the hatchling squirmed out from under my wing, and ended up running right into her leg. She almost dropped the other one, which had also hatched (much to Peacock's relief, although he's been drafted as nanny enough to still be dealing with the little one climbing all over his nose), in shock. Thankfully, both children escaped rather quickly, and Kitsuru did not pursue them. In the end, I was the one who ended up tracking them to one of the nearby farms, where they were tumbling around a field full of orange round... things. The whites seemed overjoyed with the ones I brought back, apparently they're some sort of delicious food to the herbivores.

Speaking of which, Kitsuru's been joining them for the last week or so. I haven't even seen her eat any of the shrimp that Cannuke brought back from her last trip! We should have suspected something then, thinking back. She still hasn't eaten anything good, so I'm not letting her near the children again, no matter how calm she seems. Apparently, Martlet faked it well enough to get out of her chains and these caves, so I wouldn't put it past that human.

There is fear in the cave, I can feel it. I haven't been able to question anyone, not even Peacock, with all of the places I've had to chase my hatchling, but Danpan hasn't left the cave mouth since... wait, did I just call it my hatchling?

...I suppose it doesn't matter, at least not at the moment. But I've seen Danpan here far too long for my comfort, and that strange mute green keeps coming in with his mate. You know, the sunset that thinks she's a walking stomach. But she hasn't tried to eat anything in here during any of her visits, in fact, I haven't even seen her take out her precious bottle of ketchup!

And the whites have been whispering. They think we can't hear them, and that we haven't noticed the way that they come to check on the hatchlings and egg far more often than I recall them doing when I first broke shell. Cannuke and Ionraic have been here as well, and the former has only left a few times. She hasn't even gone on one of her hunting trips since she laid the egg.

Not to mention that I'm positive I've seen red fangs a few times out of the corners of my eyes. The Twins are said to care for those two, and I am beginning to wonder how much. To be so close to the egg and never even try to bite it... I'd never known them to have so much willpower. Usually, they just avoid the nursery, save for when the hatchlings are being told scary stories.

Not that they ever made me run screaming to the whites, definitely not! That was Wums!

Those stories... I'm starting to start thinking about them again. They were never really specific, but there are some parts of them that have me worried. But whatever's going on, I refuse to let my--and it is mine, at least for the moment--hatchling be hurt by it. After the children have grown, I will find out what is happening, even if I have to wake up that berserker vine to do it! Although I pray fervently that it won't come down to such dire straits.

I... wait...

Not again! What is it with those two and pumpkins?!

-Redden

Edited by Kitsuru

Another entry from Draetrea

I'm starting to think I'll never have a silver egg in my life... Draetea and I have tried to have a silver egg, and all we got are whites, which Draetrialis keeps placing in the abandoned pile in the central dragon cave. I guess he's trying to spread our children, but... I also saw that Draetrialis is trying to shapeshift into a black dragon, but he's not having any luck. Whatever. I don't care what the master is doing right now, because I want a silver egg... *tear splatters page* I'm slipping away... from my own life...

((Draetrialis is me. Draetrialis means Everlasting Darkness.))

Journal,

Dragonic gave the remaining Pumpkin egg to her mate, a fellow Scrollkeeper. I find that awfully sweet. The poor girl was too sick to go hunting by herself, so our dear Ursa friend helped her out. She plans on telling the rest of the clan her true form once the Winter Solstice rolls by.

Dragonic is what is called a Changling... An Ursa Changling, to be precice. They are rare creatures, and depending on the type, can change into different animals. Hers is a large white polar bear. (I have the sneaking suspition that the Great TJ has a second form of a Dragon, but whether or not it is natural or due to his magic I know not.) She is talented in magics, although she prefers the cold over heat.

In the heart of our caves-made Castle, the Summers, Magi, and other magical dragons have been striving to create a small, indoor forest for the Dragons that would not survive the winter otherwise. The Magi are creating magical heated stones to put under the soil, while the Summers and the others have been fast-growing small trees. Half will be Maples, oaks, and pines, while the other will be more tropical.

It seems the Halloween Madness only postponed the split between the Silvers and Golds. Most of the cave stays out of the way of the two warring sub-clans, but I fear there will be true bloodshed soon. At least they're in the same Castle again...

Shiro Saki

Dear Diary:

I felt like writing today...I don't know why. I suppose it makes me feel peaceful. I am writing this from the inside of my den, on my nest of feathers and grass. Beneath my wing feathers lies a beautiful white egg, just about ready to hatch...mine and Sarden's third and final child for the time being. I hope the gendering is successful; one of the newer Pink dragons had given me her blessing once the news got out of my new egg, and she said that she had influenced it...so that it has a greater chance of being a girl. We need more female White Healers in the cave.

Sarden was worried though, and more protective than usual. We had gotten word that the Contessa, a Vampire, had taken an egg from the abandoned ones near the Cave and had bitten it. I understand that the child inside would turn out to be a Vampire itself, if successful...

More egg-destroying dragons of the dead. It makes me nervous and clutch my egg closer to me all the tighter. I do not know what I would do if one of my babies were stolen by that...that creature.

Granted she has not given us that much trouble before, but still...

Well, back to the good news. Nexus has his own library and it is going well, being filled with every story that every dragon has to tell about this place. Young Amera is still her shy young self...there are plenty of nice young males, perhaps she will find a nice mate at some point. Both had come to visit me when my egg was laid, to gaze upon their newest sibling.

The Vampire still sends an ominous air through our valley. But other than that, things have been peaceful, and I am most glad for it.

Yours truly,

Celestia.

Dear Journal,

I am most proud to say that my library is growing quite nicely! Oh, the stories I have heard is enough to fill twenty books. Some day, when we are all gone from the face of this planet, I hope that my books will remain to keep the stories of our proud lineages intact.

There is yet one dragon that I do not fully understand and have not yet interviewed. That is the Contessa, who lives in a decrepit castle atop a mountain at the valley's border.

I shall have to go by close to dawn, just to be safe. Dark enough for her to be awake, but light enough to keep her from doing anything rash. The other dragons just hate her for what she is and what she has recently done. But I wish to have the whole story. Perhaps I am foolish? There is another reason I go, at least, and that has to do with my mother's concern that our new sibling would be harmed.

Well, at any rate, I plan to go tomorrow morning with a blank book to see her...my parents do not know of this. In fact, only my little sister Amera has been entrusted with this knowledge.

I hope that if I do not come back by the next day, she will relay the information. Otherwise...may luck be with me.

I go to interview a Vampire.

Sincerely,

Nexus of Lhiannan

Ohoo...can't wait to see how THAT goes...

Dear journal,

I didn't write yesterday, but my daughter (we have finally figured that out, now that she has grown her wings) was ill yesterday. She and her brother spent the entire day curled around the only pumpkin that the whites didn't carry off, not even spreading their new wings once. I tried to coax them to eat, but until a mere few hours ago their food was left untouched until one of the other hatchlings, usually the vine, stole it.

The nursery became rather crowded, despite the fact that even I know that a sick hatchling needs peace and quiet to recover. Not only has Cannuke and Ionraic's little one hatched, but the vine I mentioned earlier was carried in my Kitsuru yesterday, along with a female albino hatchling she named Anastice. The latter, at least, is old enough to help us with the others, but her tail has recently grown--a clear sign that the rest of her body will hit it's growth spurt soon. And the little gray has at least one of it's parents hovering over it at any given moment, often both. Not to mention that the whites have been in and out far more than usual, checking on my little one and the other patient. Add in Way Away or Tagged whenever they're here fretting over their egg, and you won't blame me for being as relieved as I was when Peacock left yesterday. He was never a paternal wyrm, anyways, I'm surprised he stayed this long. The little male hatchling doesn't seem to mind, and he and my daughter have joined the vine in wreaking havoc and stealing food.

However, they have not managed to escape from the nursery since their recovery, something that may have come as a relief to me if not for the fact that the ones stopping them were the blacks, who I have seen passing by outside at far too regular of intervals for my peace of mind. It is clear that they are patrolling, guarding the nursery. But I have yet to see them hesitate at allowing Kitsuru to enter. And I doubt that they are aware of the Twins until the vampires are leaving the nursery, if even then. Danpan is still out there as well, and I've noticed at least half of the other guardians join him at one time or another. I have heard nothing of Martlet other than that attempts to find her have stumbled upon only failure.

I have never seen Cannuke stay in the caves for so long. She spends much of her time pacing, taking up even more space in this single cave. Not that I can blame her... the nursery was too small even when I was a hatchling, without so many as are here now. Perhaps, after all of this is over, we can move it to one of the larger caves near the entrance, and possibly even set a full-time guard to keep particularly curious hatchlings from taking advantage of that, but for now... I am far too relieved to be in the most secure part of our caves.

The female hatchling in my charge is sleeping at the moment, sprawled on top of that gourd she is so fond of. Kitsuru approached me with an offer to name her, but I wanted nothing to do with any peace offering the human was trying to make. So she named her Moschata, and the other Pipan. My daughter seems happy enough with it, and I suppose that is what matters.

-Redden

Second Journal Entry! November Fifth, Two Thousand Nine, Night.

Tidas is so proud! She's near me in the water now, the end of her tail going up on shore, curling around a small blue egg... Vocabulations is thrilled at our first cave born egg, produced by the first adult dragon to arrive. I'm thrilled too, of course, only confused as well. That little Dorkus Brutus sure grew up daring... None of the other males had even dared to approach Tidas with the intent of mating, and now... Well, Tidas and Brutus have an egg.

Felis is pleased with the fact that theres only two eggs for her to guard now, and both nearly hatched! She tried to get Tidas' egg and watch it, but... Lets just say it wasn't her smartest move yet. I'm still in charge of the hatchlings. I now have the same frilled boy as before, and now not only the female, but a male of the golden species who adore pumpkins! They've taken to curling up in one of Vocabs old jack-o-lanturns... Though there isn't much left to them. Oh! It seems like Vocab has brought them each a pumpkin. This should keep the two busy for awhile.

The little green egg Vocab found has hatched too! The little one loves to walk on small plants growing in the water near Tidas and I. I was right, it is a water dragon, though not a serpent like us. I tried to round it back to the other hatchlings, and take care of them as is my calling, but Vocab insists that she hand raise the little one... She's also been trying to get Piyas to help watch the hatchlings, and urging me not to, and I don't understand.

Doesn't she want my help?

She claims I'm not like the other dragons of my kind, and tells me to go deep, see what its like at the bottom of the water... I don't get it though. Aren't I the same as Tidas? She says up here by the island shore, and no one believes she's abnormal. Vocab says I'm too young, and I need to go down deep... She won't tell me why, however. Just comments of, “Go to the deep, you'll like it there.” I like it here, personally.

Right now Vocab is carrying on about vampires and sunsets. As usual, and again, I don't understand at all. I know Umbra is a sunset dragon, so that makes me think sunrise is another kind, but vampire? We have Nex, the zombie, but... I don't know. The thought of a vampire scares me.

I don't know what Vocab has planned with this, and the little green water-walking hatchie, but I doubt its good.

Chillingly, Dynamo.

Another entry.

Draelitras has grown up! This is bad news, and every night he leaves, then he comes back covered in blood! How can Draetrialis let this go on?!? I can only hope... Oh, bloit. Draelitras is coming, gotta stop writing...

Dear Journal,

A lot of stuff has been going on at the Cave. My owner saved a Magi dragon from the AP and she's all grown up. Her name is Lilly-bell. she's kinda cute. The pumpkins are mautring. A boy and a girl. There names are Pumpkins Falling (just call him Fall) and theres Sweet-pumpkin but she likes to be called Sweetie. Not only that but we got a guardian egg that hatched. Our owner thinks we need another Guardian dragon to guard the cave while she's away and while we go hunting. Shield of the world is really happy because her and the New guardian are going to plan on switching shifts. rolleyes.gif Ha ha!

Man'o'War

I really need to find myself a female, there aren't that many options for any of us males right now. There are the two headed females, Light and Death, who started this whole journal nonsense and their daughter, We're Inbred and Cute, and of course Javrena and Danre Blaublut, Nightshade Highstep, and now Black Sun Resport and Bites as well, but there are far more males then females. Not to mention four of the current females have specific breeding rules.

I myself wish to find a nice little female red dragon like myself, either a caveborn or one that is part of a large lineage... Of course my human friend is looking for a silver or a gold for some reason, but I wish she'd take off a bit of time to find me and Lirialgrace and several others mates before running off with trading ideas and so on...

There is however some good news for one of the younger members of the council, Death Light. He has been given a mate, Black Sun Resport, and they have been gifted with a single black egg. All of the elder dragons are extremely happy about this, though we worry that Bites, also called I Bite Because I'm a Dorkface, will bite this egg as well. She has already bitten a grey egg from a Dorkface family from a different cavern, and although the egg survived, it is now a vampire like she herself. However, Lirialgrace, the resident healer isn't worried about her biting the newest egg at all, saying that she can only bite once a month and that she probably did it so that she would have a child herself. I don't understand this really, but Lirialgrace is usually correct, so I'll trust him this time, though I'm tempted to kill the vampire egg. I'm worried that when this vampire grows up it will bite others as well and we will be over run by biting monsters...

The 11th moon, 6th sun, Year of the Wind, EverDawn clan

Leslie said that all the hatchlings will benefit from writing accounts. I think she is probably right, and this seems interesting. We are scribbling down history now, and one day soemone might look at tihs and get clues about are past.

I will not right much tonight, for it is quite late, and I must arise early tomorrow- we our going on a hunting expedition.

~Spiraling Air

Everdawn clan

11th moon

6th Sun

Year of Wind

Moon is 11 notches in the sky

I am excited, for Smudge has brought in 4 new eggs. One has a hole in it, a big one. It is a sunrise egg. There is also a white stripey one, a horse dragon one, and a green one.

Also, Fallen Autumn Winds grew up today. I think it made Spiraling just a little sad. He was not as interested in writing as I thought he would be. Mary Cat is still not talking. Sunhearth has sent news that the new dragon in the Ice Breath clan, the new hatchling, a sunrise lilek himself, is aobut to grow its wings. It will be gendered. Cat thinks it will be a girl ,and Sunhearth will finally get a mate.

Cat was in love with Sunhearth, even though they lived in different caves. When she was frozen, she became very upset. I was already frozen, and I wasn't too upset about it. Magmellow couldn't give up eternal bouncy youth, and threw herself at the wall of magic to become an Icy One.

I am a quick writer, so I will cram in a few more lines before I must stuff my writing things beneath a rock, just a little about me.

My mother is Jayfeather, and she is beign crushed uopn by Fallen Winds. My father, Flickerfly, has an obbsession with butterscotch toffee, a human thing. He likes Thaneos and Jaded Night to steal it for him. I don't like it, it makes my mouth sticky.

Now I truly must sleep.

Goodnight, object of writing,

Kristen

Dear...Book,

This is Amera. I just wanted to try out this magic tome of my mother's too see how it works. I hope I don't get in too much trouble. I just wanted somewhere to put my thoughts since they were supposed to be secret...and I just made a big mistake in blurting them out to Mom.

My brother, Nexus, wants to put that vampire Contessa's story into one of his books. It sounds dangerous, but I let him go today; he always seems to know what he's doing.

Mom wanted me to watch the new hatchling today. It doesn't have wings yet, thus it doesn't have a name either...but we're all hoping it's a girl. It's already so cute, prancing around the nest and chasing bugs. It reminds me of me!

When I came, she asked me if I had any interesting news to tell...and in my long ramble about the dragons that annoy me, I accidentally included my brother and hinted at his journey to the Vampire's castle. Cue her eyes going wide and issuing me a hurried order to watch the little one while she ran from the cavern. It was like a great monster were chasing her, she flew so fast.

I hope she doesn't do anything too rash.

Anyway, I ought to put the book down now. The baby wants to play with me anyway.

Signed,

Amera of Lhiannan

To my little Diary:

I had a rather...interesting night that I simply must relay.

I had come back to my domicile from a nice time of quenching my thirst...and I must say I didn't look the least bit presentable, maw and talons dripping with sanguine blood. I had hoped to get a peaceful day's rest.

Instead I had a visitor. One of the Valley's White Healers. From his scent I could already tell what lineages he boasted. He had his staff and carried with him a strange magical tome. Nexus, he called himself.

Well, you could probably guess I wasn't the LEAST bit happy at such an intruder. I would have loved to take his blood right then and there...but my fatigue stopped me. That, and the fact that he told me he wanted to hear my story.

I was nonplussed. To think...a dragon other than the Guardian at my castle's gates wishing to understand me. For what I really am.

So, at his insistence and my amusement, I told him everything from my "birth" to what I had to do to survive. That the dragon Lilac Dust had to give me some of her blood to taste in order to calm me down as soon as my wings grew in.

It is an interesting bit of lore from my kind that the first drink of blood MUST come from a dragon, you see. If I knew my Vampire sire or dam, it would have been their blood, so that I knew under what clan I belonged and whom to swear fealty. As the first child of my clan will taste my blood in order to be in my control. In my case however, mine was a rogue egg...the blood I tasted first belonged to a living soul. Thus, I am my own Vampire, with a conscience and ability to pay respect. But still I retain my darkness and my rather...primitive and cannibalistic urges.

Had I no blood to drink, or had I only animal blood, I would have simply become a raging, mindless monster. Having a family...a coven to call our own is everything to the Vampires. Even loners belong to someone, somewhere. It makes me wonder, in fact, whom I should thank for my own existence.

Throughout all of this interviewing, the young male's gaze didn't waver. I could sense that he believed every word of my tale. And UNDERSTOOD me. It was a strange and yet fulfilling feeling.

Just as he was about to leave, then, another White Healer had barged in, putting herself between me and him! His mother, I immediately discerned. Such fearlessness she showed, such passion for his protection.

Well, they managed to leave without an argument from me, simply a veiled threat from the mother. But, Nexus will have my story for his library, and I am for that grateful.

Perhaps the next egg I bite shall not be another White, then, as homage.

I now go to hunt, before the next dawn.

Yours Truly,

The Contessa of Nightbane

Edited by Kithra

Dear Journal,

We have seen the third Vampire. This one is male and the name he has chosen for himself is Immortal Darkness. It fits his personality. He is a bit more sociable than the older Vampires, especially the one rumored to have bitten his egg. He does not remember what species he was, though Emeree mentioned to me that he was once a Balloon. Anyway, I and a few others watched in horror as he brought in an egg earlier this evening and bit it. I suspect he was trying to produce another Vampire, but he bit down so hard that the egg cracked open. Luckily, there were not many dragons around, and he cleaned it up fairly quickly.

The two Harvest dragons have found pumpkins for homes. They have their own section of the cave, of course, but I suspect they would be happy just about anywhere, so long as a pumpkin was nearby. I may have to devise a way to keep their pumpkins from rotting, otherwise, we'll be having fun trying to find pumpkins all year long.

--Aura Sunrise

Dear Journal,

Momma was always the writer type. When I asked her if I could have my own, personal journal for me to write about my day, what I thought about it and stuff, of course she was all for it. Now I have you, journal! How I love Momma.

It's been, what, 3 days since I hatched out of my egg? Whatever, it doesn't matter now. I'm so very close to becoming a full grown dragon! How do I know? I grew my wings today! The thought of it excites me very much. Momma says I get to have my own pumpkin when the time is right. She told me it would be like a home inside a home. Instead of having a humongous pile of hay to sleep in like the rest of our family, I get to have a pumpkin! I love secluded and warm habitats. Also, I love pumpkins. Yesterday, Momma took me and my sister for a walk in the garden. Well, she isn't really my blood sister. Momma hasn't named her yet so I just call her sister. Anyway, there was a really big thingo under an even bigger white sheet there. She said it would be mine; and it's a surprise. I'm guessing it's my pumpkin. She's been growing one for ages.

I was staring at the 'surprise' when sister asked where hers was. Momma didn't answer. Wonder why?

I got my answer today. Momma had a heart-to-heart talk with both of us. She told us... *gulp* that my sister was going away. She loved her, but Momma was expecting a male dragon. Sigh. She's going to trade sister off, for a brother. No wonder she hasn't named her. I cried, but she didn't. She said it would be nice to meet other dragons. But I knew better. I knew she was crying on the inside. At least she's going to be here until Momma finds a male hatchling. Might as well enjoy my last days with her and be optimistic.

In other news, Momma got a new egg today. The thing is REALLY tiny. Much like the egg she got yesterday. Turns out they're of the same species. She told me when they hatch, she was going to breed them and create a whole line of 'em. Oh, and they're going to be minuscule still. Can't imagine myself that small..

Oh, well. That's all that happened today. Until next time!

~Citrouille Cheri

Edited by KazeMunster

Dear Journal,

NO NO NOOOOO!!! I can't belive she did that. My non-thinkable owner just got a vampire egg!!! How do I know this? Last night around 11pm I couldnet sleep, so I decided to look at the AP and then go hunting. I like going to the AP to look at eggs and I saw "shopgirl998" in the cave. I was behind the corner so she could not see me. It looked like she was digging in a pile of eggs. Lots of mints, pinks, stripes, and frills. Then I heard her say "YESSSSS! I got it! I GOT IT!!!" She was holding up a vampire egg. I flyed back home as fast as I could and I pretended to be asleep. Why a VAMPIRE??? The only thing its gonna do is eat the eggs!!! UGGG!"

Dear Journal

Night Feathers has grown up. So have the two harvest dragons, though they are afraid of Night Feathers since he is a Vampire. He sleeps all day way back in the dephs of the cave. But at night he is awake and helps me gaurd the cave at night. He can also fight so that makes another dragon that can help us fight. My owner also managed to catch a chicken egg. Gold Flight the magi is reading about what kind of cage can be used to keep a chicken in. We're gowing to keep her and eat her eggs, if will be very useful doing the winter when food is hard to find, I mean it won't be that much but it's better then nothing. The harvest dragons are living inside Jack-O-Lanterns. So that means we had to plant a pumpkin plant to keep getting more pumkins incase the old ones rott. The harvests, Pumkin Seed and Fall Harvest, are about the same size of the pigmy dragon so that means another member of the clan I have to be careful not to step on at night. Gaurdian Sheild has commanded that everyone search for a rock big enough to cover the cave entrance but small enough to roll. We need it to help keep the cave warm, so it would act like a door for the winter. The entrance of the cave is just big enough for the largest dragon to fit through. But that means that wild dragons and those weird monsters can fit inside as well. That's all for now. Cya.

Black Sail

CB Black Female

of the Feathers Clan

This time, I have an entry from Draetea, my white.

Draetrea's been depressed lately. I've always been so busy nowadays because we're being skirmished by a group of wild dragons and I have to heal the other Everlasting, so I haven't been able to talk to Draetrea. Normally she would help lead the defense, but all she does now is lie down, curled into a ball in the back of the cave. Draeprial has grown a large pumpkin patch over night with a magic seed, but now he lets the pumpkins grow naturally. He's fighting down at the base of the mountain, harshly. He inflicts deep wounds in the wild dragons before retreating to his jack-o-lantern once they flee. He's like a one-dragon army when his pumpkins are in danger. *a patch of blood splatters the page* Gotta go. Another skirmish is here and I gotta help heal!

Dear Journal,

Our vampire and harvests have grown up now, save one that the Winged Wolf asked to remain a child forever. She was more than happy to do so and has joined the masses of Forever Young hatchlings in our home. She has her own small pumpkin that the Winged Wolf enchanted, however, so she does not feel at all left out or less loved than her adult counterparts. I am glad of it as the hatchling is cute and it is nice to still be able to see her now that the other two have grown.

Also, the Winged Wolf picked up an egg for our vampire from the Main Cave. It was not a child of any known dragons, being caveborn but i still like not the idea of bringing young into the cave for it. I suppose though that she has as much right to reproduce as any. I am just glad that the Winged Wolf will not be allowing her to inflict any eggs whose parents would have to mourn them.

Also, the Winged Wolf is talking of getting two more white dragons, this time both CB. She says it has nothing to do with the lineages of myself or my daughter and i know it has nothing to do with Vuilon, who is of the Dorkface clan, so i believe it is just to give us more help in the even of trouble. The Winged Wolf has our best interests at heart and always has.

We have three eggs and two hatchlings in our cave now, though the Winged Wolf is hunting for more. The two hatchlings are a white striped and a cheese dragon, both taken from the Cave itself. The eggs are a green striped, another Caveborn white stripe and another cheese egg.

Our family grows by leaps and bounds.

Ever,

Aysthon.

Dear Journal,

our family has grown by so much. I remember when I was the only and first adult. Then the other hatchlings matured too. Now there are many more adults. Right now I am worried about the hatchlings. Our master has never frozen or killed a hatchling or egg, but I cant be certain that it will never happen. Now that the vampire dragons are out again, i worry for them. My master has tried countless times to get a vampire egg, but she has always failed. Her latest attempt almost caught her one, but we were already carring for 4 hatchlings. Today she didnt get a vampire egg, but she did get a female pumpkin hatchling. I hope she doesnt get a vampire. Or at least have it bite an egg. If she gains one, she might really kill the eggs. I wish I could do something...

Kibrae, the (male)Waterdragon

Entry from Draetea.

Oh, snap! During the skirmish, Draelitras tried to bite an egg. He succeeded, but killed the egg. Draetrialis is now really upset. It's his first dead egg, and he almost shifted into a black dragon when he saw the egg. I just hope he doesn't...

Third Journal Entry! November Seventh, Midday.

The little water walker is back to staying with Tidas and I. Vocab is angry, though I'm not sure why. She doesn't seem fond of the water walker at all... The hatchie has gendered, and its yet another little girl. Vocabulations has broken down enough to call her Vereo. I think its one of the prettiest names I've ever heard!

Our frill hatchie and one of the little golden orange hatchies have reached adulthood, and have already found their place in the cave. The frill boy is upset, however, as he's yet to receive a name... I think I know why, but I've remained silent on the subject.

The two golden orange hatchies have been named Messis, and Citrulus. I was confused when Vocab was in the other room carving pumpkins last night, but I understand this morning. Messis, the female and the older, spends all of her time inside of the larger of the two, and Citrulus is very curious about getting inside the other.

I've taken to teasing Messis about her being a candle. She doesn't mind.

Tidas has informed me that they are pumpkin dragons, and its a simple name for me to remember. I've decided to make sure that the get new pumpkins as their old ones start to rot.

We have two new hatchlings as well. A little white one that I already adore. its pure scales are beautiful in every light. I will willingly admit my jealousy. It loves to curl up with Felis and play with Brutus' tail. We're glad to have the loving little one among us.

Speaking of Brutus. He's turning out to be a great father. He seems to have straightened out quite a bit from his ornery childhood. The black guards the cave when Piyas or Umbra go to hunt. He hunts at night when they're both inside, and always brings something back for Tidas. Though she catches her own fish, she has a taste for rabbit. Brutus has realized this and taken advantage of it.

I'm hoping to find a mate of my own soon.

I've been watching Tidas and Brutus get so excited watching their egg. Its so close to hatching that even Vocabulations is getting impatient, which really isn't like our carefree master.

We had a hatchling born with wings, and she's trying to fly at the moment... I do believe I should stop her.

Got to run, Dynamo.