Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear Blank Book,

I'm so excited! I just grew my wings and got my stripes! They're so pretty! Everyone in the cave thought they looked beautiful too. I'm just getting used to my wings They're kind of hard to use, but flying a couple inches above the ground is cool too! Lady Ink was so happy for me. Also, it turns out I'm a boy, so I'm glad I can be called a him or he now, instead of it.

Blissful Music

Dear Paper,

I now see why Dragonic leads the Valley of the Stars with Shiro Saki. Despite her physical form being limited by her bad knee, she has powerful magics that even Vergil did not know about. (I say Vergil and not Shiro because Vergil is one of the few dragons hand-raised by her, myself included in that small number. Shiro apparently knew of this the whole time.) Vergil, Zaahir, Dragonic, and myself were walking through one of the caves that was about to be flooded by the storm waters when we heard this rumbling in the water next to us.

The next thing I knew, a huge fireball exploded from the water, creating a cloud of steam that filled the entire cave. There was sounds of claws scraping against stone, and something heavy hitting something metallic with a huge BANG. I saw a pair of gleaming red eyes peer from the steam, and Vergil charging at it. Zaahir was buried under a mound of rubble from where he hit the wall. I cannot imagine how much power it must have taken to launch that huge Gold Male that far...

I didn't catch a glimpse of what did it, but a massive paw slapped Vergil to the side, where he landed in the still hot water. I heard a low growl escape my friend, and then there was a bright flash. I, surprised by this, jumped off her shoulder and flew back. When the steam cleared a bit, Dragonic was gone, only to be replaced by a massive polar bear.

To cut a long fight scene short, Dragonic was victorious in defeating the attacking Dragon, who disappeared into the water again. (We have Legacy of War and his small Water friend whose name escapes me pursuing him.) I ran to get help to dig Zaahir out of the rubble and pull Vergil from the water. By the time I got back she was in her normal form, swimming out to hold the great Silver dragons head above water.

Vergil has minor burns and a few broken claws. Zaahir's scales protected him from most of the damage, but some of them were torn clear off. Oww. It seems like this attacker was intelligent... Maybe only the Wild Dragon's foot soldiers are mindless, and the higher-ups are doing the brainwashing? Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions, and the attack was unrelated to the Wild Gang. Either way, the Black Scouts have been asked to split up into three groups and do perimeter patrols.

Will update later.

Blaze of the Soul

Dear Journal,

Elizabeth just came back from her week-long trip to the country. She looked very happy to see us and would have hugged us if we weren't ten times her size.

The 4 Pinks she left in the incubator have grown up fine and she gave them strange names : Pink Alfa, Bravo, Charlie and Dellta. She explained us that these Pinks are "temp dragons" : she raises them against a one-time job, then they go into the Wilderness. I asked her what kind of job these Pink dragons would do for her and she told us we would soon have new magical abilities. Even the non-magic users, like the Vines, will get one and these abilities will allow us to help her taking care of the young. I was very curious to know my ability but even Elizabeth doesn't know for sure what it will be.

Also, big news today : my niece, Kuro-chan, produced her first egg. A couple of weeks ago, she chose the Albino, Shiroiho, as her mate. My sister Makuro disapproved of this : she thinks Shiro looks crazy and he has no lineage. But Kuro-chan refused to change her mind and Shiro and her successfully bred today. Elizabeth decided to keep the egg (an Albino) which means Shiro and Kuro-chan are lifemates now. And there isn't a damn thing Makuro can do about it !

I'm happy for Kuro-chan : sometimes ago, I thought, and wrote in this very journal, that Kuro no Keiyakusha would become as ruthless as her mother. She was very spoiled, indeed, but that made her sweet and sheltered from the world, not bratty and demanding. However, I can't help but feel a little bit jealous of her : my niece found her lifemate and had children before I did.

Elizabeth saw me writing this and told me that one of the Dorsal eggs in the incubator would be my lifemate. So I was right, she wants me to marry into the Dorkfaces ! But these Dorkfaces are still in their shells, and nobody knows if they will gender correctly. And, 'til I meet them as adults, I don't know if I will love one of them.

But Elizabeth has still a smug look on her face.

Damn matchmaker !

Anyway, the lives of these little twins Dorkfaces began strangely. When Dorsala Dorkface laid two eggs, Elizabeth was torn because she wanted to keep them both. She finally took one and the other was magically taken away. Elizabeth rushed to the abandoned cave and got him back before any other human could take it. So Dorsala Dorkface, already overjoyed to get her lifemate back after he had been eaten by the Datamonster, is now the mother of twins, which are very rare nowadays.

With the twins and the Albino, there are two more eggs in the incubator : another Dorkface, a new Pink and distant relative of the twins, and a Balloon. The incubator is full and Elizabeth has a big smile on her face. She said the breeding of the week was "very good" and that we would have some permanent additions to our cave. As for me, I'm happy because only one egg got abandoned.

Irkalla of the First Family

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

Dear Journal,

It seems that Blissful Music has taken up the art of writing like myself. I believe he seems to enjoy it, being artistically inclined--

---

Oh, how sweet! It appears that our little Pygmy egg has just hatched into an adorable hatchling. It fits so sweetly in the palm of Lady Ink's hand. Lady Ink is keeping the sleepy little hatchling in her study, so that it doesn't get trampled by the other dragons, being so small. Hopefully it genders male, so Thimbles will have a mate.

Also, the Dorkface Forbidden egg is beginning to crack. Lady Ink guesses that it will most definitely hatch very soon.

On another note, Lady Ink found a Black egg near the entrance of the DragCave. She's hoping it will hatch into an alt--whatever that it.

I'll have to stop writing. The Red hatchling is trying to breathe fire, and I'd rather not have my journal burnt to a crisp!

[serendipities]

Dear Blank Book,

I'm going to have more friends to play with soon. The really small egg just hatched into a really small, pale orange hatchling. It is about a third the size of Thimbles, who is a little smaller than me. It seems to like sleeping a lot. Lady Ink has made a little nest for the hatchling in her study, like Thimbles says she did for her. Also, the  white hatchling that looks like me seems to be rather jealous of my stripes. It doesn't have a name yet, but I call it Jealous sometimes.

x Blissful Music

Edited by Inksplatter

Blue, elegant frills have sprouted down the back of the Silver Hatchling. Wings have also sprouted on the hardy, Geode hatchling. The Red Egg is cracking halfway down the middle, and Duchess Rose is about to mature into an Adult.

Keep you posted,

[Juliet is the Sun]

---

The puny Sunset hatchlings has matured since the last entry. I am still training F R E S H to stop being such a coward, but I can't find the little thing.

[Rex of Earth]

The seasonal egg hatched! I can tell that Mom was really worried about it because she kept looking at it, waiting for it to hatch, and I was pretty worried, too. It took way longer than any of the other eggs took, even the sunrise hatchling which was adopted late on with no cracks in it, but it hatched! Wesley seems to be recovered from his fight, too, and he says he'll go out hunting tonight if I watch the hatchlings, especially Fred. With five hatchlings it's gonna be a big job, but I don't mind. At least Lady Gray will probably watch Lord Gray now that they've come in, and him and Fred'll grow up soon, then they won't have to be watched. Mom is leaving now. I think she's relieved that the egg hatched, and so am I. 'Night.

Thelonious Red

Edited by songwithnosoul

I've been watching over a lot of the eggs, caveborn or bred, and I'm very pleased.

One of the pygmy's genders into a female, she really is a little brat, but a feminine little brat. She calls me her... "full grown servant" I think I'll nickname her something like Not So Angelic or AngelicNOT... That'd sure be a killer~

The other pygmy has hatching, yes, and its the picture of perfect health! Yet, it has not gendered... Sometimes I ponder when it'll be ready, since it seems to take its time at everything...

One of the seasonal eggs hatch to reveal a shy and lonely Summer hatchling, she doesn't like to be in the care of the other dragons, she likes wandering near Elle an Ellen, who often ignore its prescence... What a peculiar hatchling!

Another egg hatches, its very mysterious, it likes to cause a lot of trouble, and piling rocks and pebbles into a structure, pile, and or statue... When I go to stop its evil ways, it gives me its evil red eye glare, which actually, frightens me and the other adults... So I merely watch over it... Its green and... like I've said before, evil, just pure evil.

The frill is the one who is always by my side, it already has cute little frilly fins at the side of its head, and when it laughs, they tremble, and when she's mad, they seem to face downwards... Its a very cute hatchling, I secretly hope its a girl...

That is all, nothings really happened to me, nothing of importance at least... Nothing t o waist valuable ink and paper for,

Rune Adale

Edited by Matmetchi

Dear Paper,

Legacy traced the water route the dragon that attacked us used, and it empties into the lake. If it keeps rising, there will be problems. Mercury had mentioned that our allied cave used some spell to carve a hole in their valley wall to let the water out... We currently have no spell like that, but I have a plan.

On the far side of the wall the Fires will start melting the rock on the lowest ridge of stone and earth. That will flow downhill and be cooled by the rain rather quickly so it does not catch anything on fire. On the opposite side, the Stones will be carving away on the bedrock, while the Pebbles move it aside. Our few dragons who can manipulate weather will be protecting them from the weather... If they move steady, then maybe they can open up the ridge by sunup.

Blaze of the Soul

Journal,

I'm making a few updates in regard to egg count. Apollo bred a gold egg with our Alt Vine friend. Dragonic gave one of Lady Arya's children to another Scrollkeeper. Both the Dark Pink and the Green Striped are due to hatch any hour now.

Our summer hatchling gendered female, and has been taken away by the Oracles. I believe we have our last oracle... Good. About time. Now maybe we can get some rest...

Fayted

Dear Something-or-Other,

It seems our Pygmy friend Blaze of the Soul makes up for his small size with brains. He has come up with an excellent plan to bring down the flood waters. Granted it'll take a long time, but it is a good idea nonetheless.

It has been decided on what will happen to the Wild Dragons we captured. Our Daydreams are going to cast a sleeping spell on them until we can try to reverse the damage done to their minds... If it proves irreversible, then they will have to be killed.

It is late, I must cut this short.

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

Overnight, Blissful Music matured into a regal Striped dragon. He looks very stately indeed, and has a beautiful voice, to fit his namesake. Lady Ink was very excited about this, and sent Ad Lib to tell the other members of the Musical Night lineage that Bliss had matured, and he would now be looking for a Night counterpart. Also, the Dorkface Forbidden egg now has an enormous hole in it. I guess it will hatch sometime tomorrow.

Also, Lady Ink has picked up an abandoned Pink egg from the DragCave. She feels like she has done her part in helping out the unwanted Pink species. She plans on naming the dragon around the word 'luck', so she will always remember how lucky she was to pick up the egg. Ecossaise is watching the egg intently, as if it was her own, as all of her children with Snarglepoof have been Daydreams that took more to their father's side, naturally.

[serendipities]

Dear Blank Book,

Yay! I have matured into an adult dragon. I'm really happy, and so is Lady Ink. She says I look marvelous. I'm a just a bit smaller than Gertite now, my hatchling friend, though she was mostly entranced by my stripes... The little Pygmy hatchling is still sleeping... It seems to like sleeping a lot for such a small critter. Thimbles, the other Pygmy, is always flitting all over the place. However, Lady Ink doesn't let me go into her study to see the hatchling anymore. She's afraid I'll accidentally hurt it, or something. And quite frankly, I just don't fit through the door!

Blissful Music

Dear journal:

The second Pygmy matured into another female. Midget Gem was a little annoyed, but has now taken the younger female under her wing. They do make quite a pair.

My son has now grown up, and we've named him Gareki. I...could not have asked for a better mate than Furau. We are hoping to mate again soon. Even if it fails, I won't give up, since I aim to have more children.

It has been pretty quite lately. None of Mythrite's efforts to upset the cave have some to anything, and I hope that it stays that way.

~~Dancing Arya~~

My little sister, Lyla, grew her frills today. I, myself, matured into a powerful Adult, and already I'm being complimented for my devillish good looks.

[Lord Catastor]

Dear Piece of Myytti,

I have decided to try out this 'writing' thing, due in part to my friend Serendipities threatening to rip out my tail if I keep putting it off. My cave-master Miss Writting, or Ray has she asked to be called by the hatchlings, has recently acquired a White Striped from her friend Lady Ink, whom is Serendipities's master. We have several other hatchlings - a tiny little thing that likes to sleep and stretch, Miss Writting is thinking of naming it after some kind of 'cat' (I do not know what these things are, apparently they do not exist in our world), a cheese hatchling whom looks quite tasty, I wonder what type of cheese it's made of; and another Albino hatchling, Miss Writting likes them very much.

Hrrm, it appears I have a tendency to ramble and digress. I must remember this. Any way, I have run out of space on this piece of paper, perhaps Myytti will let me have another soon.

- NICHT HIMMEL

Dear Journal,

I have succeeded in getting Nicht Himmel, my mutual friend in Miss Writting's cave, to start a journal. I feel accomplished. I really would like to know what happens in that cave of theirs, now that our White Stripe has been gifted to Miss Writting, as well as Crystallised's sister.

[serendipties]

Edited by Inksplatter

Some more eggs have appeared in our humble little cave..

I wonder when they'll hatch..

[Leaky Dorkface]

If we thought the Cave was hot when the Red was still an Egg, now there are two Red Dragons in our Cave. The only ones not affected by this uncomfortable blast of heat are Leaky Dorkface and Swimmin' in Filth. It has recently rained, though, so it is quite humid. Fresh Parmesan is happy about this. No one likes their cheese dry.

[Radiant Iris]

---

Vanilla and I are rejoicing about our child's maturation. Unfortunately, the egg had to be gifted to one who wanted a Stripe really badly, although we are still happy that we made someone else's day.

In other news, Fancy Crystal is expected to mature very soon.

[Diamond Dude]

Edited by Fancypants

Dear Journal,

Our Red hatchling has matured. He is a male and has been named Fire of Rage, for his short-temper and ability to breath massive waves of fire, which quite frankly, worries Lady Ink and myself very much, both of us very attached to our paper. Also, the Dorkface Forbidden egg hatched. We are waiting for it to gender, so Lady Ink can name it either Percival or Guinevere, depending on its gender.

[serendipities]

Dear Blank Book,

The special green egg just hatched. Apparently it is special, because it is descended from two famous bloodlines, the Dorkfaces and the Forbiddens. It still looks like a regular Green dragon to me. It has also started a small pile of pebbles next to it. Crystallised and Petrifying are also helping, by shedding some of their stone coat to add some variety to the pebble pile.

Blissful Music

Dear Paper,

The level of the ridge has been lowered enough so that the water has started to spill over. This means that our work is done, as the process of erosion will finish that job. The storm seems to be starting to slow down a bit... Maybe this means that whatever started it will attack.

No other intruders have been found in our valley so far, although I still have that creepy feeling like someone's watching me whenever I accompany Dragonic to the Main Cave. Uhhhg. Creepy.

Well we went on a hunting spree last night. In addition to the Green Striped hatchling, we now have a whiptail, a male New Pink, and an old pink. A pygmy egg (yay!) has joined our ranks, as has a fresh-bred Blue Stripe from Diego and Summer Huntress. Lastly, a new pink egg has been bred by Royal Payne and Lord Jacob.

Mercury's Legacy is excited to see we now have a new member of his species. He's been training the little one to help him deliver messages. Well, I need to go get some food from the fresh-kill pile or else I won't have anything to eat... and I'll have to go catch a rat. Yuck.

Blaze of the Soul

August 11

I've been watching my only child. Even though I abandoned it, I still love it and hope it grows well. It's nearly time to breed again, I hope we keep this one, despite the outcome. Having a n egg to raise would be a delightful experience. I have looked over the other eggs for some time now, but having one of your own would be different.Maybe Moonlight will let the next one stay...

Chinese Legend

~~~

August 11

My wings have grown! I've practiced flying with my dad. He''s the best. My mom takes care of me too, she says I'll have a little bother or sister soon. That will be exciting! I could teach them everything I know! I could play with me and my friends too. Well, mom's calling-time for my washing.

(Unnamed)

Dear blank and sort of charred parchment,

I can't believe how busy the past few days have been: Donny (the seasonal), Eve (the sunrise) and Belle (the water dragon) have all matured and grown their wings (except for Belle, of course) and Lord Gray and Fred grew up! That should've been a really happy thing, except Mom seemed impatient waiting for Fred to grow up. Not worried, like when Donny wouldn't hatch, just sort of mad, even though she tried to hide it. None of us really knew why, but when she sat with Fred later and hugged her, we thought that everything was okay. When she came in this morning, she said hi to everybody, looked at the new wings on the hatchlings and Fred, it all seemed normal. But then she left, and came back with four eggs! Four! I guess that I know what she was waiting for now. But four? Couldn't she have waited a little, until the hatchlings grew up? It'll only be in a day or two. I'm a bit mad, but I know that I'm going to be the one that has to watch them, me and Wes. Every time I look at those eggs, I just picture the frisky, fast, troublesome hatchlings they're going to be, and I want to curl up in a corner and sleep until they grow up. Uh oh, gotta go, the hatchlings are hungry and somebody has to go kill a pig for them to eat.

Thelonious Red

Dear Whatever,

I grew up today. That should have been a good thing, except it took a little longer than we thought, and apparently that's the end of the world to that human, judging by how she kept on looking at me, waiting for me to grow. Later she calmed down and cuddled me, and I thought that everything was okay. But then, THEN, what should happen RIGHT AFTER I come back from my first hunt but the human bringing home four eggs! Well, THAT explains why she was so impatient! I guess I'm not good enough for IT, so IT had to go out and get some babies to replace me! I guess I'm just glad that it didn't abandon me like the other human did! The worst part is, Wesley is taking her side! He's saying that she isn't trying to replace me, that she just wanted some eggs. It figures that Mama's Boy Wes would stick up for her. So now I have to be mad at him, too! I don't want to, I want him to be my mate! ARRGH! I'm going out to hunt now. Stupid humans.

Winifred Black

Fancy Crystal matured today. She was quite happy, and claimed that she would fly in circles if her wings weren't so heavy. Ah, youth..

[Confuzzler]

Second Piece of Myytti,

Many things have happened in our cave recently. The Striped hatchling we received, which Miss Writting had been waiting for, gendered female, much to Miss Writting's disappointment. However, she rebounded quickly and named the little Striped Ilysse; she used the name Alysdair, which she had been saving for a male Striped, on our cave's one Ochredrake.

I do hope things become more exciting soon.

NICHT HIMMEL

Dear Journal,

Lady Ink has obtained a White Stripe egg from the abandoned area. She assumes it must have been a trade, since it was from the cave. She put up a notice on the message boards, but no one has responded, so she says we will be able to keep the egg.

[serendipities]

Dear Paper,

Yesterday we got to do some trading. Apollo's little gold egg and Diego's blue striped was traded for an alt black hatchling, who has gendered male. The two pairs didn't mind, and has agreed to jointly take care of the little one, who we have named Obsidian Crystal. Jasmine Star has been playing with him, seeing how they are both Alt Blacks. Maybe they'll be mates when Obsidian grows up.

The water level has gone down drastically. We are now able to walk outside without fear of drowning, but the sides of the mountains not made of rock has become unstable due to all the water. This makes me worry... Shiro has stated that none are to go near those unstable areas until it can be fixed.

Last night sounds of battle reached our valley. The Black Scouts were sent out quickly to find out what it was. When they arrived, a horrid sight greeted them. Broken shells of eggs, and the corpses of dragons of all shapes and sizes. There was one dragon alive, an elderly silver dragon... He said that a large force of dragons stormed the cave, killing anyone that resisted and dragging off those that were able bodied. The elderly silver died soon after.

This news has sobered any hope of ending this quickly. Once again Mercury's Legacy has been sent out to our allied cave, to both warn them of this development and ask them for any more information they have. I am going with him, in the place of Dragonic.

Blaze of the Soul

Dear Journal,

Our little Pygmy hatchling has grown his wings! Lady Ink says he is a male, which is good news for her. He has been named Forever Sleeping, for his sleepy personality. I just call him Forever, though.

[serendipities]

Dear Blank Book,

The tiny hatchling grew its wings. Lady Ink says it is a male, so we can start calling it a him now. He has been named Forever Sleeping. A fitting name, in my opinion. It seems like ever since he's hatched, he's been sleeping the entire time, only waking to eat scraps of meat from Lady Ink's hand.

Blissful Music

Another Double-Headed Dragon has appeared in our humble cave, at the exchange of Leaky Dorkface's egg and another Gray egg.

[Terror Two]