TJ09

2024-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 18th Birthday!

40 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Which hatchling is the one on the left? I've lost track of which hatchlings go with which eggs. :lol:

That'd be the "fire" one, from Volcano.

39 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Which hatchling is the one on the left? I've lost track of which hatchlings go with which eggs. :lol:

It goes with the Volcano-biome egg, which has the description: "This iridescent egg radiates the warmth of the sun.🙂

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

The current release article on the wiki keeps up with new dragon breeds, if that'd be helpful for ya. ^_^

ScreenShot2024-05-23at12_00_49AM.thumb.png.e4968973c2efa19c5b5a32b4a1dfa67b.png

Those hatchies are absolutely stunning, the colors are incredible!! I'm really looking forward to the adults.

Also I'm loving that the NR are still almost exclusively flooding. I hope it holds for at least 3 more hours, so that I can grab a second batch like the lazy, spoiled user that I am. 😁

As an aside:

7 hours ago, meeps114 said:

My point wasn't that you can just viewbomb them for 12 hrs and be fine, but that the original comment from @D-wing was actually correct (albeit they said 5 hrs instead of 12), so had the user noticed earlier, they could've fogged it, then warded closer to the 12hr mark, to extend the protection to 17 hrs. This still might not be enough and the egg could die, but it's helpful info for people to know, so that in this case it happens to them, they don't waste their ward. I think it's a bit unfair that multiple people chastised D-wing for that advice, as Lushwave has shown good evidence that it is correct. 

Screenshot_20240522-164410~2.png

That is actually super useful to know! Thanks for clearing that up, and thanks @D-wing for mentioning it in the first place. (And ofc thanks as well to all the brave, brave people who keep experimenting with such things and sharing their results. ❤)

7 hours ago, meeps114 said:

My point wasn't that you can just viewbomb them for 12 hrs and be fine, but that the original comment from @D-wing was actually correct (albeit they said 5 hrs instead of 12), so had the user noticed earlier, they could've fogged it, then warded closer to the 12hr mark, to extend the protection to 17 hrs. This still might not be enough and the egg could die, but it's helpful info for people to know, so that in this case it happens to them, they don't waste their ward. I think it's a bit unfair that multiple people chastised D-wing for that advice, as Lushwave has shown good evidence that it is correct. 

Screenshot_20240522-164410~2.png

Ah in that case, I stand corrected. Will go and delete my post now!

It is crazy how much depth there is to this game that seems pretty simple on the surface! I learn new stuff about it every day too :) (especially thanks to Lushwave and the other people who experiment!) Another reason to cheers to DC's birthday!

Posted (edited)

Yeah! Still full of NRs! (with a few old eggs mixed) :D Thanks, I've get as least 2 codes I need, yesssssss!:wub:

Screenshot_20240523-133607_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4fe29a4e6b055e98d9223881bcc84985.jpg

----

wow it's good to know CB eggs have 12H(+n minutes) protection now. I feel like they can't stay longer like that when I was new. So maybe somethings had change in this few years(?) But I'm glad to know if it's the newest setting.

If I didn't understand wrong, an egg without ward catch on:

08:59am -> dead on 09:00pm 

09:01am -> dead on 10:00pm 

Thanks @Lushwave, I think the meaning of 17-19H is different to just 5/6 hours.

And yes if they're too sick they'll still die after protection, so maybe it can't defense if someone try to attack it deliberately, but it might help some careless cases. XD I'm now curious about what range we could save for 18H protection, but it's not a good opportunity to test yet, I means the eclipse would come back a few days later too. XD

Edited by D-wing

Aw yisss, all my eggs hatched and it was ridiculously easy to fill my scroll again! I love stress-free (and effort-free haha) releases like this.

I missed the S1 hatchies before, the volcano one is especially cute! Like a tiny, grumpy owlet. :wub:

A little late... Happiest Bday!
I enjoyed every year 😃
Here's to the next 18 years *Cheers

The WIKI is a real blessing to check what egg any hatchling or adult came from. When I first started playing, I really wished that the egg text was included in the description of the growing dragons.

Loving all the new eggs and hatchlings and excited for the adults to come.

2 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

Aw yisss, all my eggs hatched and it was ridiculously easy to fill my scroll again! I love stress-free (and effort-free haha) releases like this.

My thoughts exactly. I was delighted this morning to find the eggs just sitting in the Biomes waiting to be caught. It was lovely and stress-free. Thank you, TJ.

Dammit they're still sitting in the cave tauntin me but I can't catch bc I'm still locked with the first batch 😂

Old eggs are starting to mix in now.

It's been so hard to wait for the adults this time, I've loved everything I've seen so far. My favourite is the brownish hatchie from the scaled egg but honestly, they are all very beautiful. You spriters really outdid yourself once again.

My eggs are starting to crack and hatch - and the cave is still definitely flooding with NR birthday eggs!

Happy belated birthday dragoncave, 18 years is crazy! The eggs look super cool this year, can't wait to see what they grow into. ^^

5 hours ago, Gluria said:

Dammit they're still sitting in the cave tauntin me but I can't catch bc I'm still locked with the first batch 😂

How come - don't you have reds ??

I’m excited for these; the eggs and hatchlings are so pretty

You know what I love about this release? 

It's long. And plentiful.

It's been three days and the otherveggs are just now starting to mix with the new ones, but I could get my third eggs of everything without drama or stress or even, too much timing or anxiously waiting for the next hour-drop. 

I love this. A happy release. 

Isn't it great - everyone has stopped complaining about time zones and all, now; peace at last !

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How come - don't you have reds ??

I do have a Red army but I was a little late catching the first batch. They're all hatching now one by one 😂

Already settled on a naming theme for four of them. Still unsure about the golden boi from Jungle

Edited by Gluria

Happy 18th, DragCave. Just one more year before graduation.

Whenever we get numerous eggs like this, I'll collect one of each and then rely on RNG to help me decide on which ones to pick as seconds until I'm full.