Fuzzbucket

Make some actions possible on eggs in trade

Would it be possible to enable some actions on eggs in trade - like ward, precog, even influence ? It's really irritating having to cancel a trade, do the necessary and set it up again.

I don't THINK this specific suggestion has been made before, but if it has - please someone point to it !

Still think you should be able to stun an egg. Makes NDs way easier, and gives us a radical blue and yellow canto form

No support for that, sorry. And why should it give us a canto form that the creators haven't OKd ? New forms are up to spriters.

Influence wears off if an egg is traded, so you wouldn't want to influence it while it's in a trade. I'd be up for the other two being possible, though, if the coding for that wouldn't be a pain in the butt.

28 minutes ago, Fishkeeper said:

Influence wears off if an egg is traded, so you wouldn't want to influence it while it's in a trade. I'd be up for the other two being possible, though, if the coding for that wouldn't be a pain in the butt.

Actually you sometimes might--sure it wears off if traded but you might want to set the gender so that if it hatches before you can trade it then it isn't random.  Like if you're trying to offer something with a lineage.

2 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Actually you sometimes might--sure it wears off if traded but you might want to set the gender so that if it hatches before you can trade it then it isn't random.

This. I just put an egg up yesterday and forgot to influence it before I did. It would be nice to be able to do it now without breaking the teleport. I try not to let things hatch while they are in a trade, but stuff happens sometimes and I hate to see lineages spoiled with a random wrong gender.

13 hours ago, KageSora said:

Actually you sometimes might--sure it wears off if traded but you might want to set the gender so that if it hatches before you can trade it then it isn't random.  Like if you're trying to offer something with a lineage.

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

This. I just put an egg up yesterday and forgot to influence it before I did. It would be nice to be able to do it now without breaking the teleport. I try not to let things hatch while they are in a trade, but stuff happens sometimes and I hate to see lineages spoiled with a random wrong gender.

Exactly this - happened to me yesterday too.

I'd support . . . except . . . as I understand it, dragons can only be Warded once.  Therefore, if teleporting a Canto, it would mean that the recipient couldn't make it a Tutela.  That said, I guess that would happen if you Warded it before attempting to teleport anyway . . .  Somebody, please correct me if I've dived down the wrong rabbit hole ;)

I mean that's kind of up to the person trying to trade and at this moment you can also ward it before teleporting and the other party would have no way of making it a white canto after receiving

anyways agree, this sounds like a very fair idea

11 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

I'd support . . . except . . . as I understand it, dragons can only be Warded once.  Therefore, if teleporting a Canto, it would mean that the recipient couldn't make it a Tutela.  That said, I guess that would happen if you Warded it before attempting to teleport anyway . . .  Somebody, please correct me if I've dived down the wrong rabbit hole ;)

You are spot on ! Any teleported cantomaris egg will turn orange, and if it has been warded, that's IT for the tutela option.

Yeah, I once traded for a Cantormaris egg to make a Tutela only to find out that it had been warded by the previous owner. Goodbye, Tutela!

I think at least influence and incubate wouldn’t do any harm on a egg in teleport,

many times alive had to cancel a public trade, just to influence if if no one offers something nice. And I guess it would just be handy if I could make sure that if it hatches for me, it hatches the gender I want,

ward can effect the colour of cantos, so could be more problematic,

Stun could make the hatchie take longer to mature and change colour of an electric,

but at least for influence and incubate, I would like to be able to use these bsas on a dragon in trade, and since they don’t effect the dragon after it’s been teleported, the receiver wouldn’t get something they’re not expecting…. 🤔 

Perhaps it would be difficult to code certain bsas to effect teleporting dragons and not other, but as strictly a used and not a programmer, that would be very useful for me.

TBH, i dont think "interfering with Cantos" should be a reason against this--the exact same thing happens if the person Wards it before the trade goes up or cancels the trade to Ward it before re-posting the trade.  The solution to that is more being able to see what BSAs have been used on an egg or at least some indicator about Ward.  (There's a thread for seeing BSA history somewhere)

As for Stun, you can see if it's an alternative Electric or not and you can already see the time remaining.  And, like Ward, there's nothing stopping a player from using Stun before the trade goes up (I've done it many times to buy an extra day) or canceling and reposting after Stunning.

I would imagine that you'd only be able to use a BSA on a trade you created as long as there are no offers to prevent somebody from, say, using Stun to turn an Electric into an alt after they get an offer but before accepting it (which could lead to deceptive trades).

10 hours ago, KageSora said:

TBH, i dont think "interfering with Cantos" should be a reason against this--the exact same thing happens if the person Wards it before the trade goes up or cancels the trade to Ward it before re-posting the trade.  The solution to that is more being able to see what BSAs have been used on an egg or at least some indicator about Ward. 

I agree 100%. As I said above, it has already happened to me in a trade without this feature and I don't think this will make it happen that much more.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:01 PM, lexi_ said:

please. i HATE having to break a TP just to precog an egg or hatchling.

Agreed. I'm in full support of this idea.