Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

22 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hello! *Waves* How are you?

*waves back* okay I guess, how about you?

15 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

The secret is that you have to compulsively post anonymously. If you're using your main username, you're doing it wrong.

I've been here many times and none of yall have ever noticed!

I have not yet reached that peak level of compulsive posting I have much to learn

WaterScorpion, I've always wondered...what are those little orange thingys sticking up out of your hair? No disrespect intended, I've just always wondered what they were.

Edited by Chusi

46 minutes ago, Chusi said:

It was our 27th anniversary today, so...there's that.

Congrats! :)

I didn't really have a bad day, just a blah day. Got nothing of any significance accomplished.

=Thank you very much trystan! no big deal really. we were going to have corn dogs in the parking lot of fleet farm hardware store cuz hubby has NEVER had a corn dog {can you believe it?!} but they didn't show up so we went to red lobster. that's a long time. since 1996. where did the time go? lol

Corn dogs morphed into Red Lobster? Quite an upgrade. My personal opinion is that he hasn't missed anything by not having a corn dog but to each his own. ;)

Well I'm definatly pro corn dog, and  I truly believe, that experiencing the taste of a corn dog makes for a more rounded out, well adjusted adult. 😂

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

*waves back* okay I guess, how about you?

Not too bad honestly. 

Today was Holland guinea pig's birthday. He turned 5, so he's now old. lol

Good morning CPA! I don't have fancy treats so you'll have to make do with just fruit until Lagie gets here 🍓🍌🍏🍊🍇

Chusi - WaterScorpion's avi reminds me of a certain webcomic that has alien characters with gray skin and orange horns! So my guess is horns :)

Today's plan is to meet up with a friend for brunch and then tour an open house. Got dragons growing up and hatching later too ^^

12 hours ago, trystan said:

plantser

Plant... ser? :P

11 hours ago, Chusi said:

It was our 27th anniversary today, so...there's that. I'm really sorry everyone had a bad day today.

Happy Anniversary!

11 hours ago, Chusi said:

WaterScorpion, I've always wondered...what are those little orange thingys sticking up out of your hair?

If you click to see the full image, I think they're antlers.

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Today was Holland guinea pig's birthday. He turned 5, so he's now old. lol

Happy belated, old man! ;)

47 minutes ago, Gizmohihi said:

Today's plan is to meet up with a friend for brunch and then tour an open house.

Enjoy! Thanks for the fruit!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny. I'm selling my old car later today.

Coffee [lease Lagie. What kind of old car is it?

It's a 1998 Hyundai Elantra station wagon, right hand drive. The engine's fine but the radiator leaks, the a/c doesn't work, and three windows don't open. The buyer is aware of all that and the selling price is basically what it cost me to insure the new-to-me 2009 Toyota Rush that I just bought. ;)

I keep lurking here but the difficulty of using the forums on my phone prevents me from truly posting compulsively.

I'll probably be lurking more now that 3rd party reddit apps are no more. RIP RiF (and Apollo and all the others). It feels like a silly thing to be sad about but I've been using that app for close to 10 years (or more? I'm actually not sure).

And in other bad news from Friday, I learned that my vet's office will be closing later in July. They haven't sent the official email out yet, but I called to ask about Trazadone for my dog (I hate fireworks) and the receptionist I'm closest to gave me a head's up. The silver lining is that the vet I see will be opening a practice with 3 other vets (and her primary tech, and possibly the receptionist I mentioned), but not until September, which means I'll be without an established vet for a month or two. That's bad enough on its own, but I have a cat with ongoing mystery health problems who also eats a prescription diet, so I'm going to need to stock up on food and meds to get me through the transition. I might also need to get the health problem cat established with another practice in the meantime, which will suck because he hates being in the car more than anything, so I hate to put him through that for just a "new patient" exam, especially somewhere I don't plan to stay long-term.

Sorry for turning this into a vent thread.

Lagie, I hope the car sale goes well!

Chusi, I hope you get to have corn dogs together eventually. I've only had vegetarian ones (Morningstar Farms), but I do think they're tasty. Maybe you could get some frozen ones? I'm sure food truck ones are better but at least he'd get to try them!

Happy birthday, Holland!

Sorry to hear about your vet problems @GhostMouse. Especially if it makes things harder for the poor kitty with ongoing problems.

Quiet day today, I think. Went to church this morning, then a quick trip to the Lidl store across the highway from the church, and then home to chill. Will be picking daughter and her husband up at the airport late tonight as they return from vacation.

And WOW! Someone just offered (and I jumped to accept!) a CB white Vespine on my CB Thunder. I hadn't even had the nerve to ask for that on my trade -- just a couple of other CB things (Gemshards, Hydras, Z-codes) and "or offers". My first white Vespine! :D

0 wow @purplehaze I knew you wanted one really bad. Exciting news congrats! @GhostMouse doesn't your phone have a microphone option? Also,you cn get any food or med online with a Vets prescscription. I do that with my puppy's heartworm plus meds, and it's cheaper that way. also.

2 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

feels like a silly thing to be sad about but I've been using that app for close to 10 years

Nope. Not silly to be sad about loss. *hugs*

2 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

And in other bad news from Friday, I learned that my vet's office will be closing later in July.

Well, that's a bunmer. Hope you can find a new one that works for you and your critters.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

My first white Vespine! :D

Congrats!

Car is now sold!

And... it's raining again.

I finally started sorting the shop coins that have been piling up under my dining table for months. Some of the banks here no longer accept rolled coins, but I'm pretty sure the shelter's branch does.

7 hours ago, Gizmohihi said:

Chusi - WaterScorpion's avi reminds me of a certain webcomic that has alien characters with gray skin and orange horns! So my guess is horns :)

Does this webtoon involve trolls and the zodiac? lol. That's what I always think too!

Hi guys. Went to the store really quickly earlier. It is HOT out there. Wow. Um... Bestie has their period, and they're not feeling well so it's nap time. Their dad is having a nauseous day. It's quiet in here. lol. The piggies... they want more food. The brats. And I only have one cat. I miss the other two, other than that... it's all good!

Oh! I forgot to mention that next month, my little brother is moving back to GA! He'll be living next door to my parents for now, and he's going to be trying to get his life together a bit. He's been depressed, and his job ended (it was a contract job, I think), but he's coming back! Meaning I'll get to see him more often, as well as his cat, Kiki! ❤️ 

@Lagie isn't it nice to see your car/bike's tail lights going down the road? So satisfying. I have 5 large coffee cans {the plastic ones with lids Folgers old styly when they were actually large} FULL of coins and I can't find anyone that  has a sorting machine to cash them all in! Sigh so we just keep filling more coffee cans and they are all on the kitchen table. I eventually will need a bigger table! However coins already rolled can go to the bank?   @purplehaze YAY!   @Gizmohihi Good point hope that's settled.

Edited by Chusi

working right now so...  

ghostmouse, I've changed vets and human doctors a few times, and i get the concern with meds.....mine, hubby's, and the cats'!

@Lagie -a planner plans. a pantser writes by the seat of their pants. a plantser does both. i have a few things I really should plan out before November so I can pants the rest of the story XD

I've never considered using voice-to-text. My mom uses it to text me and her texts are borderline incomprehensible. :lol:

That's a good point about getting prescriptions online, I just don't know how long they stay valid when the office that prescribed them is closed. Something to ask about, for sure! The big problem with the food is that I've had to try some different prescription diets for the medical problem kitty, so I can't just set up an auto shipment until we know what works for him, and I think each different prescription product has to be approved separately, so if I need a new food in that gap when I don't have a regular vet, I'm stuck.

I'm planning to stay with my vet when her new practice opens up, it's just that 1-2 month gap that's really scaring me.

@Chusi Last time I tried to deposit rolled coins, my bank said they all had to be loose so they could pour them into the coin sorter. I'm surprised the bank won't sort them for you!

Worked on Camp Nano, hit the word count, stared at games on Steam on sale that I can't afford and now I'm relaxing.

It's starting to storm. Ooo~ I have a love-hate thing with the storms. lol

Also... watching a youtube video about the Lori Daybell case. Wow. What an insane woman. 

54 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

how long they stay valid

Human ones are generally good for six months. Vet, I'm not sure.

55 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

my bank said they all had to be loose so they could pour them into the coin sorter

:o nice! We have weird 10 cent pieces so sorters won't sort them. They roll weirdly, too. 40 to make $4, where the US and Canadian ones are 50 to make $5.

Thunder and lightning, please go away. This is the third round today.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

plantser does both.

Makes sense. I had it pegged as plant/growing things but that didn't make sense in the context.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:
2 hours ago, trystan said:

plantser does both.

Makes sense. I had it pegged as plant/growing things but that didn't make sense in the context.

tee hee.

this year's (hopefully) story will be like an amazing race/scavenger hunt type story.  and i want to have the clues that direct my characters to each of the places pretty much set, because the story part is the hunt and the character interactions.

so i have to research a mess of places to make sure i have good clues for people to figure them out.  how many will actually end up in the actual story, i have no idea.  but i want them.  it's good for the word count XD 

Word count is good. Is this a worldwide hunt?

word count is very good. heh.

yep, it's a world-wide hunt - much like the amazing race. :) .... but all the participants are american.

so i'll be playing with various views on google maps.  cause I haven't been to any of the places on my list! XD 

(i take that back.  i technically have 27 locations on my list.  I've been to 4 (maybe 5?), and one (or 2) i kinda don't really remember - i was not quite 2 XD)

Edited by trystan