Book Number: 258
Number Of Pages: 320
Book Title: Where Darkness Blooms
Author: Andrea Hannah

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 304

Book Title: The Maid

Author: Nita Prose

Summary: Molly lives to clean, which is why she's such a good maid. But when a VIP real estate mogul winds up dead in one of her rooms, she will have to overcome her inability to read social cues to help police find out who the murderer is before the crime is pinned on her.

Book Number: 259
Number Of Pages: 342
Book Title: The Final Girl Support Group
Author: Grady Hendrix

Book Number: 260
Number Of Pages: 341
Book Title: Daughter of the Siren Queen
Author: Tricia Levenseller

Book Number: 261
Book Title: Lord of the Fly Fest
Author: Goldy Moldavsky

Book Number: 262
Number Of Pages: 368
Book Title: Ashlords
Author: Scott Reintgen

Book Number: 71

Number Of Pages: 456

Book Title: The Other Nadia Bisset 

Author: C.A. Whittman

Summary: Carla Bisset is the mother of twins, Nadia and Lydia, two beautiful little girls. When Lydia goes missing, her peaceful life is upended. 

Rating: 3.5/5 This novel is... alright. Like, I'll read the last two to get the rest of the story, but for now... I dunno. Weird and weird is what I can say. 

Book Number: 72

Number Of Pages: 304

Book Title: This Delicious Death 

Author: Kayla Cottingham

Summary: Four friends go to a desert music festival held two years after an event created ghouls, actual human eating ghouls. Someone is making them feral, and our girls have to figure out who. 

Rating: 5/5 Eeeeee! I loved this book! A trans main character/love interest? Sign me up! ❤️ 

I'll probably only finish one book by the time the challenge is up, but I'd like to join!

Book Number: 48

Number of Pages: 301

Book Title: Those We Love Most

Author: Lee Woodruff

Summary: The tragic death of a nine-year-old boy affects his whole extended family. The story centrals four people, Maura, Margaret, Pete, and Roger. Their whole world is turned upside down after the death of Maura and Pete's son, James. Margaret and Roger are Maura's parents. They must all re-examine some of their bad decisions in the wake of this accident, as they rebuild their lives.

Review: I couldn't find anyone in this story that I could really like very much. They all seemed so selfish that the resolution and repair of their relationships just seemed totally unlikely and contrived. I cannot recommend this book. While it may have had good storytelling, the story was painful to read and the conclusion to me rang false and was ultimately unsatisfying.

Book Number: 109

Number Of Pages: 247

Book Title: Under the Egg

Author: Laura Marx Fitzgerald

Summary: When her grandfather dies, Theodora must solve his cryptic last words.

Edited by Lagie
typo

Book Number: 263
Number Of Pages: 496
Book Title: Beasts of Ruin
Author: Ayana Gray

Book Number: 264
Number Of Pages: 592
Book Title: Cherish
Author: Tracy Wolff

Book Number: 49

Number of Pages: 402

Book Title: The Mayfair Bookshop

Author: Eliza Knight

Summary: Story in 2 timelines, concerning two women, both connected with a London bookstore. The WWII parts are a sort of historical fiction about the author Nancy Mitford. The modern timeline involves Lucy, a book curator with a job in Washington, DC, who gets the opportunity to go to London and work on a collaboration at the Mayfair Bookshop, where Nancy had also worked.

Review: I had never heard of Nancy Mitford before reading this book, but am now thinking I must try to find one of her books to read. The parts of the book about her were fascinating. The parts about Lucy were less so, just too predictable for me -- young American woman gets dream opportunity in London, meets man, falls in love, decides to stay.

Book Number: 265
Number Of Pages: 480
Book Title: A River Enchanted
Author: Rebecca Ross

Book Number: 266
Number Of Pages: 321
Book Title: Losing Hope
Author: Colleen Hoover

Book Number: 267
Number Of Pages:176
Book Title: Finding Cinderella
Author: Colleen Hoover

Book Number: 73

Number Of Pages: 246

Book Title: Dastardly Deeds at St. Brides

Author: Debbie Young

Summary: A young woman escapes her husband and begins working at an all-girl's school.  

Rating: 4.5/5 For being a book that I chose since the author's last name started with a 'Y,' it's okay. The characters were amusing, the plot wasn't great, but not too bad. I'm amused. 

Book Number: 74

Number Of Pages: 432

Book Title: How to Sell a Haunted House 

Author: Grady Hendrix

Summary: When her parents pass away from a tragic car accident, two siblings have to team up to sell their parents' haunted home, after getting it cleared up of course! 

Rating: 5/5 Ya'll. I got to read the term "puppet wall" several times, and I am here for it! 

Book Number: 75

Number Of Pages: 721

Book Title: Sleeping Beauties 

Author: Stephen King, Owen King

Summary: The women of the world are falling into deep sleep, becoming covered in some sort of strange webbing and not waking back up. Only Evie Black seems to be a normal sleeping woman...

Rating: 4.5/5 I love Stephen King and reading a book that he wrote with his son, Owen, was fun. The characters were great, like Jeannette (#justiceforjeannette btw), and of course, the plot was interesting. I really liked it, but it's not my favorite book by this illustrious author. 

Book Number: 76

Number Of Pages: 240

Book Title: Her Deepest Fear 

Author: Kelly Utt

Summary: Young mother, Cate, loses her husband in an accident, and now she's in the crosshairs to be arrested for his murder. Things may not be as they seem...

Rating: 3.5/5 Welp. That book was... okay? Um... Cate isn't my favorite, but I do like her brother, James. It just tries to do too much, I think, but it's not terrible. I hope the author gets better, and I may one day read the author's next book just to see. 

Book Number: 50

Number Of Pages: 301

Book Title: It's Better This Way

Author: Debbie Macomber

Summary: After her marriage falls apart, one woman's struggle to pick up the pieces finally leads to a new beginning -- but is the past truly behind her?

Review: I enjoyed this book, but it stretched credulity with how quickly the badly damaged relationships could be mended. The main characters were likable and sympathetic. I just felt it didn't give a proper perspective on the difficulties of blending families (even -- or perhaps, especially -- with adult children), when there is deep-seated animosity between some of them.

Ouch, june is not great on term of reading 😅 not a slump but was on vacation for 2 weeks and didnt get much reading done

Book Number: 81

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title: What Does This Button Do ? An Autobiography

Author: Bruce Dickinson

Summary: The autobiography of Iron Maiden's singer Bruce Dickinson. Dickinson twrites about his professional life as a singer and other professional activities (fencing, piloting, radiohost and a few other things). 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 51

Number of Pages: 287

Book Title: Come Rain or Come Shine

Author: Jan Karon

Summary: Dooley Kavanagh has just graduated from vet school and opened his own practice. As he and his childhood sweetheart Lace Harper plan their wedding they know money will be tight for a while. So they plan a simple farm wedding with a potluck reception. Of course nothing is ever quite as simple as it seems, but the wedding turns out even better than they could have hoped.

Review: Series alert! Do not even try to read this book if you have not read at least some of the previous 12 in the series. All the loveable characters that have shown up in all the Mitford novels that went before show up in this one! I had read the first 5, so was familiar with a lot of the people, and still got lost. Also, the author has an annoying habit of changing from one character's viewpoint to another without warning. Still it was a heartwarming and engrossing story.

Book Number: 77

Number Of Pages: 317

Book Title: The Honest Lies

Author: Elizabeth Lyvers

Summary: Woman looses her husband, but he's not the best husband that she thought he was. His friend comes to her rescue until he's accused of murdering the husband. (I read too many books that are just this sort of summary lol)

Rating: 4.5/5 I really loved the characters from this novel, especially Pete. He was great. Also... Asher is an adorable name for a baby. 

Book Number: 78

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: My Best Friend's Exorcism 

Author: Grady Hendrix

Summary: After a skinny-dipping gone wrong, sophomore in high school Gretchen is possessed by a demon. Her best friend, Abby, has to figure out how to save her.  

Rating: 5/5 This author is so good! He's so brilliant at making things spooky without making it super-duper cheesy! Also the references to the 80s were perfection! I love it!

Book Number: 52

Number Of Pages: 160

Book Title: The Gift of Empathy

Author: Joel P. Bretscher and Kenneth C. Haugk

Summary: Imagine a world where everyone's go-to way of relating is empathy. That is the world this book aims to make a reality, equipping readers to relate in empathetic ways that make a difference in people's lives.

Review: I read this book in preparation for a continuing education session for our caring ministry at church. It shows practical ways of relating to others that can make them feel heard and valued. Simple in theory, but takes practice to put into action.

Book Number: 268
Number Of Pages:448
Book Title: The Dream Runners
Author: Shveta Thakrar

Book Number: 269
Number Of Pages: 384
Book Title: The Iron Vow
Author: Julie Kagawa

Book Number: 53

Number of Pages: 229

Book Title: So Sorry For Your Loss

Author: Dina Gachman

Summary: Since losing her mother to cancer in 2018 and her sister to alcoholism less than 3 years later, the author has dedicated herself to understanding what it means to grieve, how to live with loss, and the ways we stay connected to those we miss. This book is a mix of personal stories and advice from experts.

Review: When I saw this book in my library's new book listings, I thought it might be useful to me in my caring ministry through my church. It did provide some insights, but the author also makes the assumption that everyone's grief is as overwhelming and long-lasting as hers. I have not found that to be true.

Book Number: 270
Number Of Pages: 186
Book Title: Mysteries of Thorn Manor
Author: Margaret Rogerson

Book Number: 271
Book Title: Borrow My Heart
Author: Kasie West

Book Number: 1

Number of Pages: 804

Book Title: The Priory of the Orange Tree

Author: Samantha Shannon

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 229

Book Title: Irish the Demon Slayer

Author: C.T. Markee

Summary: This YA fantasy tale features Irish, a 12-year-old boy descended from legendary Irish heroes. After hearing trees speak to him while being out with his friends Streak and Huff, followed by strange earthquakes and attacks, Irish consults a seer who tells him it's his destiny to protect the Otherworld from a demonic force.  After demons capture his sister, will he and his friends succeed?

Book Number: 110

Number Of Pages: 383

Book Title: The Betrayal of Anne Frank: A Cold Case Investigation

Author: Rosemary Sullivan

Summary: Retired FBI agent Vincent Pankoke and a team of investigators pore over tens of thousands of pages of documents and interview scores of descendents to find the answer. The cover quote says "Less a mystery unsolved than a secret well kept".

Book Number: 79

Number Of Pages: 285

Book Title: The Broken Places 

Author: Blaine Daigle

Summary: Losing his uncle and Dad in one day, Ryne decides to spend some time in his family's cabin in the northern part of the Yukon with two buddies. Thing do not end well...

Rating: 5/5 So this is a brand new author, and he did a fantastic job with creating a spooky atmosphere, providing tension, and adding a hint of body horror! Pretty great, Mr. Daigle!

Book Number: 80

Number Of Pages: 294

Book Title: The Shuddering  

Author: Ania Ahlboen (I may have misspelled this, sorry)

Summary: Five people in a cabin, while the snow and monsters stir outside. 

Rating: Okay so this book has a dog in it named Oona, so that's a 5/5 for me. lol. It's really good too, so that helps!

Book Number: 81

Number Of Pages: 354

Book Title: The Girls in the Water

Author: Victoria Jenkins

Summary: Dead ladies in water. Two lady detectives.  

Rating: 5/5 The characters balance one another out, and it's nice to see two detectives that are women instead of a man and woman team. 

Book Number: 82

Number Of Pages: 274

Book Title: Ashwood's Girls

Author: J.R. Erickson

Summary: Skeletons found. House built anyway. Ghosts. Mystery. Murder? 

Rating: 5/5 Alright, so Erickson is one of my favorite authors to read on Kindle Unlimited! She's fantastic at all the things needed for writing! This particular series of books are based loosely on true crime stories, which is fun and incredible!

Book Number: 83

Number Of Pages: 288

Book Title: Beyond Good and Evil 

Author: L.T Vargus/Tim McBain/E.M Smith

Summary: Bodies found. It's up to Loshak to put together the pieces of who's killing people in Miami. 

Rating: 5/5 How could I not give a novel about the best detective ever a 5/5??? Loshak is perfection~ ❤️ 

Man... I should update this more often. lol

Edit to ask: Will another thread be made after this one runs its course?

Edited by AsymDoll13

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Edit to ask: Will another thread be made after this one runs its course?

Yes of Course ! 

Going to put it up soon !