TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

18 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I had a success while egglocked, so you don't need to have a slot open to summon the adult Scourgekeeper.

Also I failed to summon a female Scourgekeeper with a fully female party, so if gender does influence your chance, it doesn't guarantee it the way a single-gender Zyu set guarantees the Sino's gender.

Wow, great news!  I can try soon while egglocked with new crew!

6 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

Hahaha, my Furor went adventuring with just the Fanalea & whooped some Scourgekeeper tail. :lol: The victim

Remember how it was posted by one of the artists that TJ's order was on purpose?  I wonder about always starting with the pygmy--might have more success.

I started with the pygmy and failed, but that's only a single data point.

Just now, Kith said:

I started with the pygmy and failed, but that's only a single data point.

Good to know, need all the data points we can get!

I had success getting a male Scourgekeeper with an all female party, so I'm not sure if gender factors in or not

22 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I had a success while egglocked, so you don't need to have a slot open to summon the adult Scourgekeeper.

Thanks for this! My hatchie is now down to 1hour - not that I'm waiting at all!

I have a full set of adults. On desktop it would only let me select three party members, for a total of four. However, I was able to select a full party on mobile. Not sure what was going on with that. :huh: Unfortunately I failed - maybe I shouldn't have used the bard! 

Failed my first attempt as well. All male party, started with a Thundersnow, trying for a male.

Also failed on my first attempt with an all female party led by my Thundersnow.

You're all talking about parties going on the adventure. Am I the only one who just sent the required two?

Well, a "party of adventurers" just means more than one, so two would still technically be a party. 😜

15 minutes ago, Quinney said:

You're all talking about parties going on the adventure. Am I the only one who just sent the required two?

Supposedly the chances are greater with all 6 but in all honesty I've seen more winners using just one dragon xD

I had a success for a male Scourgekeeper with a mixed gender party of all 6 breeds, started with a female Astralophyne. In the adventure text, it mentioned that the Pyrrhichios defeated the Scourgekeeper. 

25 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Remember how it was posted by one of the artists that TJ's order was on purpose?  I wonder about always starting with the pygmy--might have more success.

I sent out 3 parties of 2. Thundersnow & Pyrrhichios (failed), & Astralophyne & Hooded Murkling (Murkling got stomped). The Furor was simply the last of my choices.

OK--I don't understand how to actually choose my party.  It only seems to highlight one at a time--how do I pick of all of the other five?

11 minutes ago, Kith said:

Well, a "party of adventurers" just means more than one, so two would still technically be a party. 😜

True, but the parties just sounded big!

4 minutes ago, ParticleSoup said:

Supposedly the chances are greater with all 6 but in all honesty I've seen more winners using just one dragon xD

I didn't realise just one could go.  I just thought it was good that we didn't need to use them all. Just wish I'd taken more notice of who I used together and what the text said. I know my Fanalea didn't come off very well!

True, "party" does sound like a large group. I think a good number of people were sending a full 6 out to maximize their chances of success rather than have the greatest total number of chances. I'm sure some have been doing it the other way, too, though.

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

how do I pick a whole party--I can only highlight one at a time.

Hold down thebdragon and repeat until they're all highlighted

On 5/26/2022 at 8:04 AM, random_dragon_collector said:

how do I pick a whole party--I can only highlight one at a time.

Desktop - hold CTRL while clicking

Android - long hold on each dragon

Apple - haven't found out

Edit: Mac computer - Command click

Apple mobile devices - Two finger tap

Edited by Dinala1641882
found out the apple part

I'm on PC, and I shift-click to highlight multiples.

2 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

Would like to know that too, could go adventuring, but am egg locked and don't want to try without making sure^^

I'm egglocked and just went on my very first adventure (used all 6). Successfully. I got a Scourgekeeper :3

https://dragcave.net/lineage/oebty

Edited by ValidEmotions

4 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

Hold down thebdragon and repeat until they're all highlighted

OK--I think I made it work--hold down command, then click on trackpad for each--will let you know results...

Interesting--because Paprika wasn't my lead dragon, so I agree with some post upthread that it's random what you'll get with your defeat.

And my adventure:

Adventure

Your dragons venture forth. After days of travel, overcoming every obstacle in their way, they come across a vicious dragon.

A bolt of magic from PaPR3Ka goes wide, missing the enemy by a few precious inches. The dragon retaliates and sends PaPR3Ka crashing to the ground, at which point the party decides to flee to lick their wounds before attempting this battle at another time.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

Doesn't work.

Someone posted upthread it doesn't work on Apple?  I only have apple--phone, pad, laptop.  What should I do?

I use Mac/Apple. On laptop, hold Command while clicking. As for phone and tablet, I don't know.