TJ09

2022-04-17 - Festival of Eggs

Finally got all of them and now going back in time to 2010. I'm amazed to see how simply beautiful those older eggs are.

Am I allowed to ask if anyone knows what happened to the 50th egg? I'm just curious.

1 minute ago, Varislapsi said:

Am I allowed to ask if anyone knows what happened to the 50th egg? I'm just curious.

An earlier post mentioned copyright issues.

Ah okay! Seems I missed that one.

Well, I have all 49 now and they are lovely. Congrats and thanks once more to this year's egg artists. 🐤

44 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

An earlier post mentioned copyright issues.

That seems odd seeing as there are multiple eggs that depict things from various series.  Our of what I've collected there's 2 different pokemon eggs, for example.  There's at least one egg that's a replica of a symbol from a game.

Wonder why those didn't trip copyright issues?

Unless it was a pixel by pixel recreation of something rather than fanart...

6 minutes ago, KageSora said:

That seems odd seeing as there are multiple eggs that depict things from various series.  Our of what I've collected there's 2 different pokemon eggs, for example.  There's at least one egg that's a replica of a symbol from a game.

Sorry i don't know how to quote that to this post but this is what the artist said

"Copyright. I didn't think things through, used an actual Tamagotchi sprite in my egg and that's what got it removed. I just went "oh this is cute" and didn't think of the ramifications. I made a replacement that has a custom sprite instead but time will only tell if it gets re-added."

8 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Glad to see the banner so well received. Mewtie and I made it this year.

It's beautiful!

6 hours ago, Rikkoshaye said:

There's actually a story behind this egg. A very special friend of mine lost his hedgehog (named Poki) a few days before the site opened up for egg submissions. Since he is the only other person I know who actively plays dragon cave, I thought spriting a hedgehog egg would be a nice way to honor her memory.  I know he has a forum account so perhaps he'll post with more information at some point

Anyway, thank you for the opportunity and for picking my egg this year ❤️

That's a perfect tribute for Poki.

5 hours ago, PonyTales said:

bmrXZB0.png

It's mine and yes, it was inspired by Interstellar! 😁

I really liked this one (and haven't yet seen the movie).

Almost done... I think this is one of the first times I haven't collected all on the first day.

Does anyone know what the 'eggs on popsicle sticks' one is?

30 minutes ago, KageSora said:

the ones based on Series, including Acidstorm (the Seeker) is fanart and is fair use, and is my own design. however,  I could not, let say, use Starscream from a screen shot and shrink that down him into an egg.

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Does anyone know what the 'eggs on popsicle sticks' one is?

If you're talking about this: GWFWdXl.png

Those would be the Bunny Dangos and candied apple from Monster Hunter: Rise. I'm responsible for that 😆

1 minute ago, Moonlightelf said:

If you're talking about this: GWFWdXl.png

Those would be the Bunny Dangos and candied apple from Monster Hunter: Rise. I'm responsible for that 😆

Ooh, thanks! :)

It might be bit off-topic, but copyright issue seems like was also happened at 2016 Halloween. Single sprite had been replaced due to unknown reason but its original sprite was exactly same as OC sprite of Undertale creator.

Edited by sh20000sh

7 hours ago, Ladywizard said:

Did you get Neo which came out I think last July or August?  At least I think that's what the spriter was promoting

Of course! I was playing within the week it came out.
I also suspected Neo might have renewed interest in twewy, and I'm all for it. Bring on all the twewy inspired eggs! XD

Shout out to whoever made the Herlock/Hareley egg! Was not expecting that. I got so excited I immediately dug out my forum ac to say thank you!

c36lkp.png

Thank you to all the amazing artists who designed such awesome eggs this year! I'm almost done collecting them and it's been so fun!

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Yes, the little sprite on it was a direct recreation of a specific sprite.

I made a new version with a new, custom sprite last morning and resubmitted it, but I haven't heard anything back unfortunately.

I really like this semi-transparent egg I've tried to get something like this to work before but couldn't so this was really cool to see!

Spoiler

coolegg.png.8816bc342aa875e629d0cd01f2e9063b.png

Okay, am I losing it, or did it originally say there were 50 eggs this year?  I could have sworn I read that, but now it says 49, so I'm a bit confused.

Lovely eggs this year.  Though the only ones I really recognize are the Pokémon themed eggs.   (Though there's something very familiar about the black egg with the red eye or something in the middle.)  And is that supposed to be a Trans egg?  If so, cool!

Edit:  Oh, I just saw the bit about copyright issues.  Yeah, I did see the Tamagotchi egg.  Shame they had to remove it, because it was really cute!

Edited by Data_Girl_3

4 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Okay, am I losing it, or did it originally say there were 50 eggs this year?  I could have sworn I read that, but now it says 49, so I'm a bit confused.

Lovely eggs this year.  Though the only ones I really recognize are the Pokémon themed eggs.   (Though there's something very familiar about the black egg with the red eye or something in the middle.)  And is that supposed to be a Trans egg?  If so, cool!

You're not crazy at all. It said 50, but one egg was removed due to an issue. The spriter of that one said they tried to resubmit it after addressing said issue.

Also, I'm the spriter of the black egg with the red "eye" - it's probably familiar because it's in fact a reference to a piece of media. That being said, I want to wait until near the end of the event or until someone guesses it before I confirm what the reference is :)