TJ09

2022-04-17 - Festival of Eggs

OMG 

That hedgehog so cute :wub:

3 minutes ago, bloodyneptune said:

Weirdly, I got the beehive egg while watching a funny review of The Wickerman and right at the "not the beeeesss" bit

lol, that's great. What funny timing

42 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

You're not crazy at all. It said 50, but one egg was removed due to an issue. The spriter of that one said they tried to resubmit it after addressing said issue.

Also, I'm the spriter of the black egg with the red "eye" - it's probably familiar because it's in fact a reference to a piece of media. That being said, I want to wait until near the end of the event or until someone guesses it before I confirm what the reference is :)

I figured it was supposed to be a vinyl/phonograph record lol 

4 hours ago, gin no tsubasa said:

Shout out to whoever made the Herlock/Hareley egg! Was not expecting that. I got so excited I immediately dug out my forum ac to say thank you!

Reveal hidden contents

c36lkp.png

That's mine, thanks for your love!!

I'm very surprised that so many people like it. Hope we can have more Ace Attorney references in the future~

Edited by HaiNiao

Could somebody point me in the direction of the summary of how many eggs each year had?  I remember there was one, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Thanks!

Its on the Dragon Cave Wiki  here

Festival of Eggs

but according to my spreadsheet I store DC things on, this is the basic count

2010 38
2011 53
2012 42
2013 51
2014 55
2015 62
2016 60
2017 56
2018 54
2019 62
2020 60
2021 60
2022 49

Edited by nerys

1 hour ago, JudithC said:

Could somebody point me in the direction of the summary of how many eggs each year had?  I remember there was one, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Thanks!

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Festival_of_Eggs

Ninja'd! lol

Love this year's eggs. Thank you to all the spriters! Some favorites of mine are the banner (bleeding hearts are a favorite of mine), the adorable little chicken, the pickled egg, the tadpole, the nautilus, and the beehive. I don't get the references for a lot of the others but I appreciate them all!

Edited by Laura-Borealis

This was my final egg 

Screenshot_20220418-143932_Chrome.jpg.26faac29f8e9de01c1566c737319902d.jpg

Trans egg??

Extremely fitting because I'm on the phone trying to get ahold of insurance for gender reasons, and the fact that THIS is the egg I got while I was feeling down and uncertain and anxiety just.

Made me smile so much, I'll be taking it a a good omen.

16 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Glad to see the banner so well received. Mewtie and I made it this year.

The banner is so pretty! I especially love the bleeding hearts. They are my favorite flower ❤️ 

@KageSora What timing! Hoping things work out with the insurance. 

I have all the eggs now, as usual I don't get most of the references but there are a lot of really pretty ones this year!

Glad I remembered to check in this year. I forgot for the last two. I love the Final Fantasy 14 quest egg. It’s my favorite this year. 

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

This was my final egg 

Screenshot_20220418-143932_Chrome.jpg.26faac29f8e9de01c1566c737319902d.jpg

Trans egg??

Extremely fitting because I'm on the phone trying to get ahold of insurance for gender reasons, and the fact that THIS is the egg I got while I was feeling down and uncertain and anxiety just.

Made me smile so much, I'll be taking it a a good omen.

High five! I have an appt with my doc next week to talk about HRT. Best wishes to you in your journey.

9 hours ago, Ripan said:

I could be wrong but isn't this egg Lupin the Third?

Reveal hidden contents

8dz363.png.975e36653d12a5cddd1a76ef8f04041b.png  

MV5BYjk0MmRlYTgtZjQ1ZC00NDUxLWIwZjItYjVhYWY0ODI0MWJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzkzODQwMA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.thumb.jpeg.1643d991559efe426e1425553e3d736a.jpeg

I had just gotten that egg myself, thought the same thing, and came here to see if that was confirmed or not.

I just got the last egg. There are too many I like to really pick a favorite.

As always the references are lost on me, but I may be happier that way. XD  I can just enjoy them for the artwork.

Some very pretty, some make me laugh, some very clever, some really cute. All appreciated!

Thanks to everyone who participated, to the team that helped pick the eggs, and to TJ for bringing us this event for another year.

When we have completed this year’s collection do we automatically just start on the next  previous year’s collection we have not collected? I have gotten three 2021 eggs now. Wasn’t sure if I had to collect all of 2021 to move on to 2020, 2019, 2018 ect or if we would just have random eggs from random years we didn’t have yet pop up. 

Year by year. Got to complete one before you level up so to speak.  I've had a few blips over the years but back to 2014 with its 55 eggs so far : )

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

@KageSora What timing! Hoping things work out with the insurance. 

I have all the eggs now, as usual I don't get most of the references but there are a lot of really pretty ones this year!

Well, it wasn't bad news so I'm counting the eggs as my Lucky Egg!  :D

22 minutes ago, nerys said:

Year by year. Got to complete one before you level up so to speak.  I've had a few blips over the years but back to 2014 with its 55 eggs so far : )

Thanks! But also dang…my poor 2016 and 2015 eggs from the actual releases will be lonely awhile xD don’t think I have enough time to collect all the way back