purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2021

My pair had no interest this week, despite the fertility. They won't be available for breeding again until the 27th so 19th gen is my last one for the competition. Considering I started a whole month late, I am completely happy with that! 

This has been so much fun! I am sad it is over but now I have something to look forward to next summer. :)

Well... final eggy, I guess!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): 

What Gen are you on now?: 25

Darn. Even double fertilized. :P

Screenshot_20210921-220143.thumb.jpg.2aabb52e280e16384293ca188637775f.jpg

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Eggie

What Gen are you on now?: 21

@Miraku Sorry to hear you didn’t get your egg back. 

@BringsTheSnow Ahhh, last eggie! It was fun, wasn’t it? 
@Lagie ack. That is some bad luck you have had these last two breedings.

Edited by missy_

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

2 days till I can have my final shot....

Mine won't be available until the very last day!

Ugh! Stupid! Forgot I was waiting for an ER egg to hatch and bred when I saw that my girl was grown up. :(

I may rename the parents and try to get the egg back, but it won't count because it won't be on my scroll by the deadline.

Reminder: Last eggs must be bred by midnight tonight. Not sure if there is anyone else who can breed again or not.

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/xFePN

What Gen are you on now?: 14th gen

My last (grown up) dragon! 

I would like to offer a prize!

Thus far my most 'valuable' dragon is a 2nd Gen Gold Ofelia, so I can try and breed a 3rd Gen Gold from her paired with my holidays. 

I can also breed any dragons off my scroll :)

Edited by azurewingsofwind

Awwww purple, I am sorry you lost your last egg!

ETA: Not going to attempt a last breeding. 

I have one more breeding attempt that won’t happen until after 11 PM Cave time tonight. But I am in a conundrum. 🙃 I greedily grabbed eight of the new eggs, including two of the pygmies. alot So I am egg locked. :ph34r: If someone has any space, which I seriously doubt since we just had a new release, then if someone could hold one of my NR pygmy eggs while I attempt a last breeding, I can see if I will get possibly another Labradorite egg for this challenge, or if I get a no interest or the wrong breed. If my breeding fails, I would ask for the egg back. If my breeding succeeds, the egg holder is welcome to keep the egg. 

The conundrum is, I kind of really want these new guys, and I managed to snag them on September 25 in that three hour window before the new day began, which makes them kinda special— so they are caught on the first day of release. So I don’t know whether I want to try for another breeding later or not! 😬 I have a few hours to decide. I will have to force it to grow up (give it a ton of views in the last hour) before midnight anyway. 

ETA: My decision is made. I am going to hold onto my new eggs and not attempt a final breeding. It won’t really affect my standing anyway.

Edited by missy_

Breeding is now officially over -- has been since midnight. If there were any dragons bred before then, but not posted, please post ASAP.

I have the standings ready to post and will get them up in the next few days.

@AwkwardAvian - you have not posted for awhile, although it appears you have bred further in your lineage. If you post in the next 24 hours or so, I will count you as having finished the challenge. That will make you eligible to receive a prize (although you will need to offer something of your own as a prize for another member). :)

@Ruby Eyes has also bred a bit further, but I understand she is unable to post on the forum at this time, so I am not quite sure how she can be included, except in an honorary way.

@Serotina appears to have stopped breeding her line in July, so I will consider that she has dropped out.

@Long_Before_Sunrise - you have completed the challenge, but need to offer a prize if you want to get a prize. (If I missed your offer, please let me know -- it could have happened!)

I am really proud of all of you who have competed in this challenge. The standings are very close this year, which shows you all were in the competitive spirit!

Thanks for joining. I hope you all enjoyed it!

My egg slots are full of New Releases right now. I'll pass on accepting a prize. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

My egg slots are full of New Releases right now. I'll pass on accepting a prize. Thanks.

I think everyone is probably in the same boat (which is sinking from all the dragon weight). You are free to pass if you like, but the actual exchange of eggs can be arranged with the persons you are giving to and getting from to happen at a time that is more convenient for you. :) You don't need to actually have the prize you are offering on your scroll now. We operate on IOUs.

54 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

We operate on IOUs.

Especially since a few of us have offered our picky prizes as parents! XD Your tinsel or shimmer, if that's what you choose, could take a while! :P

2 minutes ago, Aqub said:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/3iMGz

What Gen are you on now?: 14

Oh! Sorry, but that one won't qualify as it needed to have a bred date of  Sept. 26 or earlier. :(