UnicornMaiden

Show what BSAs have been performed on an egg/hatchling

You’ve got my +1 here, as Canto’s now have ward included as well, you can never tell if someone is trading you a warded or unwarded canto, and if you want the OG variant and get a warded you wouldn’t be too happy.

If it is traded to you, it will turn orange anyway. It's the last BSA used that does it.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If it is traded to you, it will turn orange anyway. It's the last BSA used that does it.

But you can ward it after the trade -- unless it was already warded by the person who had it first.

Exactly - but the fact of it being teleported WILL mean you get an orange and that was what I understood Astral_Skies was questioning.. Of course if it had already been warded and that was what you wanted, yes then you're screwed.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Of course if it had already been warded and that was what you wanted, yes then you're screwed.

Happened to me, which is why I mentioned it. :(

Support. This would be so useful. Especially when you're on mobile and checking the action log is difficult and tedious.

Support, my memory is so bad I have to check the action log constantly to remember what I've done / how I influenced them.

Honestly I do see the need for this and I do understand the reasons why but I personally would not like having those texts on a frozen hatchling's page-for some reason even having the earthquake text bothers me immensely, like in the case of this shumoga.

1763390819_Screenshot_20220711-083850_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8ab8fdda146d67332feba608ed4e4067.jpg

Afaik this topic was made so that people can trade hatchlings and eggs in a more convenient manner; can we make it so that frozen hatchlings, as they cannot be registered on a trade anyways, have this action text that you are proposing removed when they are frozen? It would serve no use. 

Thanks!!

Edited by ylangylang

I figured that the text would disappear when the dragon reaches adulthood since it would no longer serve any purpose. It makes sense that it could disappear when a hatchling is frozen for the same reason.

Adding support, because my memory is bad and I'm tired of having to search codes on the action page. :(

Support. I'd like it to no longer appear on frozen hatchlings' pages, but full support, it would be massively useful for trading purposes 🙂

Absolutely full support! The amount of times I have had to go back through day-old tabs just to see which eggs I gendered female, or what an egg's precog was, or exactly what BSA I used on a Cantomoris egg... good golly, the agony.

Adding my vote for this; I would absolutely love to take the guesswork out of trading. We work on the honor system for trades atm, but there are people who abuse that system (intentionally or accidentally). I can't count how many times I've declined a trade I really wanted to accept because the offer was an ungendered hatchie and I've been burned too many times trusting that someone's offering what I'm asking for (certain gender/no BSAs used/stunned), and even people messaging me on the forums with an image link for a precog/influence are hard to trust because it can be photoshopped.

Also, the egg/hatchie page specifying what BSAs have been used/what it will gender to on their page means we won't have to include that information in the request textbox anymore, leaving more room for the actual request without having to fight the character limit as much.

Support for growing dragons!

Especially helpfull for canto breed and when you make dozens of dozens of actions (like re/naming hundreds of dragons xD).

Support! This would make trading things so much easier.

On 8/19/2022 at 3:00 AM, Myoukin said:

the egg/hatchie page specifying what BSAs have been used/what it will gender to on their page

This is an excellent point. Doing it this way - displaying on the growing dragon's actual page - makes a lot of sense imo. If you've incubated an egg, it should say time left (incubated). Precognition revealed this dragon will be female - followed by but it has been influenced to be male if that's relevant. This dragon has been teleported, this dragon carries a ward, this dragon survived an earthquake. It genuinely seems more reasonable that actions used should be displayed on a growing dragon's page by default - and even ignoring the trade value, it would stop the many times I've thought that I've properly precog'd/influenced a dragon only to find out upon gendering that I didn't.

29 minutes ago, StarlightLion said:

This is an excellent point. Doing it this way - displaying on the growing dragon's actual page - makes a lot of sense imo. If you've incubated an egg, it should say time left (incubated). Precognition revealed this dragon will be female - followed by but it has been influenced to be male if that's relevant. This dragon has been teleported, this dragon carries a ward, this dragon survived an earthquake. It genuinely seems more reasonable that actions used should be displayed on a growing dragon's page by default - and even ignoring the trade value, it would stop the many times I've thought that I've properly precog'd/influenced a dragon only to find out upon gendering that I didn't.

Something I was thinking about while reading your comment, the only downside to this would be a potential text wall; there could be two possible ways get around that:

1. Relegate BSAs used to icons unique to each one, where the user can either hover over or click the icons to reveal a small text blurb detailing the BSA used ('This dragon was stunned, earthquaked, teleported, incubated, warded'), the results of the BSA ('This dragon was precog'd/influenced to be ---'), and when the BSA was used for the sake of dragons like Cantormaris. I'm not sure where the icons could go; maybe in the spot where the forced message appears?
  2. A drop-down menu can be added just under the dragon's image beside the 'Add to Group' hyperlink that lists each BSA in a similar fashion (BSA used, the result if there is one, and the time used).

I don't think a wall of text is too likely. At this time there are only seven BSAs that can be used on eggs and hatchlings (Earthquake, Incubate, Influence, Precognition, Stun, Teleport, and Ward), and most of those can only be used once, barring circumstances where an egg gets traded and a BSA wears off. Also, I don't think most people routinely use every possible BSA. Speaking for myself, it's rare for me to use more than two or three BSAs on any given egg/hatchling.

The advantage to having the info appear as lines of text is that it will make it clear what order the BSAs were performed in. If you Ward an egg and then Precog it the text would read:

A White Dragon warded this egg to protect it from sickness.

An Aeon Wyvern predicted that this egg will be male.

But if you Precog the egg and then Ward it the text would read:

An Aeon Wyvern predicted that this egg will be male.

A White Dragon warded this egg to protect it from sickness.

Making the order clear is essential if this is to be useful for Cantormaris eggs.

One idea:

By default it shows "most recent BSA" and then you can click to expand to see the entire list in chronological order.  Or, well, reverse--most recent at the top going backwards to the first one used.

That allows for at-a-glance Canto ID'ing while also having a clear record of previous BSAs that don't automatically take up space if all you need is the last one, while still having that data if it's relevant.

Over the past two weeks I have been doing so much AP hunting for holiday lineages that my action log is absolutely bloated with the eggs I've caught and reabandoned. I've also been breeding/trading Holly and Mistletoe lineages. It is a pain to make sure I've precogged/influenced those eggs correctly. I really want to be able to just look at the egg's page and make sure it's right.

I was just doing some breeding, and I saw that there is a line of text telling me that I used Fertility on the dragon in question, which I don't remember seeing before. I love it!

increased fertility.png