UnicornMaiden

Show what BSAs have been performed on an egg/hatchling

I support this so much - I have offered correctly precoged un-gendered hatchies on trades and have often had to wait until they gendered for people to accept the trade. It would help clear up reservations some people have for trading hatchies and would keep people honest.

I just got burned taking an S1 hatchling in a trade. I don't know if the other person lied or simply made a mistake, but it didn't gender how they said it would. Things like this could be avoided if the influence/precog info was available.

Honestly the transparency would eliminate a lot of the troublesome things that plague the trade system as it currently stands. 

Also, this is a bit related and I figure it wouldn't hurt to suggest it in a likeminded topic. See, I recently forgot to influence an egg and the wisdom of RNG determined that this 2nd gen x holiday went the other way so I'm kind of stuck with being an idiot sandwich and just chilling on the breeding plans. So just for convenience!! 

I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if we could tell if we had influenced an egg from the main dragon scroll screen? 

I've put together a visual example, but basically the gender symbol shows up if you used the BSA, you get nothing if you didn't. 

1218093266_DCGenderInfluenceforEggs.png.a7659f35c7efa09f713e3d039b72a0f2.png

I don't know beans from coding, these are just my simple regret fueled thoughts at midnight hours but maybe it'll spark a thing! 

I would like that--yes you can go into the action log and check but it would be convenient to have some kind of indicator on-scroll

That's a great idea - it lets us see very quickly which eggs we've precog'd/influenced and which ones we haven't. Relying on memory and habit just doesn't work sometimes XD And I perform a lot of actions so going through my log is a massive inconvenience (most of the time I just precog again if I'm unsure)

On 3/11/2023 at 11:49 PM, Sinsdaemn said:

Honestly the transparency would eliminate a lot of the troublesome things that plague the trade system as it currently stands. 

Also, this is a bit related and I figure it wouldn't hurt to suggest it in a likeminded topic. See, I recently forgot to influence an egg and the wisdom of RNG determined that this 2nd gen x holiday went the other way so I'm kind of stuck with being an idiot sandwich and just chilling on the breeding plans. So just for convenience!! 

I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if we could tell if we had influenced an egg from the main dragon scroll screen? 

I've put together a visual example, but basically the gender symbol shows up if you used the BSA, you get nothing if you didn't. 

1218093266_DCGenderInfluenceforEggs.png.a7659f35c7efa09f713e3d039b72a0f2.png

I don't know beans from coding, these are just my simple regret fueled thoughts at midnight hours but maybe it'll spark a thing! 

Oh I love this idea!

Support. Seems like a simple thing that could be a fairly big quality-of-life improvement for a lot of folks.

Support - both because sometimes I forget to precog and/or influence, and to make trading s1 hatchlings easier

Support! There are trades I would be interested in pursuing if I knew for a fact whether that S1 hatchling was influenced or precogged male or female, as an example. 

I think the "showing gender marker by influenced eggs (also maybe S1 hatchlings?)" idea (maybe also if you precog'd, then have it swap if you use influence?) would help to make sure you put the correct dragon in a trade.  Sometimes you have 2 otherwise identical hatchlings and maybe forget which one you influenced what way and having a quick visual right next to the dragon itself would mean less risk of missing it in the action log or misreading the action log (especially if you influenced them back to back) and then accidentally putting the wrong trade description on it.

Strong support for this. Particularly for trading, but also just for convenience instead of having to search the action log for things. I would have sworn I'd already commented here, but apparently not!

Support. As someone who (is an aspiring) Cantormaris hoarder this would be. Very helpful to say the least

Tbh. I'm surprised there's no flavor text for this already, considering that hatching eggs via Earthquake and/or the Kill already has flavor text (“This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely.”) as well as the Ward having extra flavor text when/if the egg gets Sick. so adding something along the lines of “Magic was performed on this egg/hatchling to influence it to grow up [male/female].” or “An Aeon Wyvern foretold that this egg/hatchling will grow up to be [male/female].” would be nice to see (........and helpful, as I find myself looking through the Action Logs to figure out which egg has been inflicted with which BSA, LOL)

Right now with all the post-Halloween low-time eggs and s1 hatchlings in the Trading Hub it would be really useful to see what has been precogged/influenced.

Really useful! Many times I’ve wondered if I already influenced an egg correctly or which gender the precognition revealed

On mobile I can’t see the action log and I mainly use smartphone to play 😕

2 hours ago, Rykan said:

Really useful! Many times I’ve wondered if I already influenced an egg correctly or which gender the precognition revealed

On mobile I can’t see the action log and I mainly use smartphone to play 😕

That's odd, I can access the action log just fine via mobile.  For me it's located near the top of the scroll page, there's 3 vertical dots below the bell notification icon and if I tap that it brings up a few options like changing sort order, groups, etc.  Top option for me is action log.

23 minutes ago, KageSora said:

That's odd, I can access the action log just fine via mobile.  For me it's located near the top of the scroll page, there's 3 vertical dots below the bell notification icon and if I tap that it brings up a few options like changing sort order, groups, etc.  Top option for me is action log.

yeah I know but for some strange reason tapping those 3 dots does nothing… it’s surely a bug of mine and not the site’s fault, but nonetheless the BSA log would be a nice feature! 😁

3 hours ago, Rykan said:

yeah I know but for some strange reason tapping those 3 dots does nothing… it’s surely a bug of mine and not the site’s fault, but nonetheless the BSA log would be a nice feature! 😁

Ah.

Usually if that happens restarting my browser or clearing the cache seems to fix everything.  That's really weird though.