HeatherMarie

Halloween Valkemarian Tales not working, blank/black screen

I'm making a topic for this because it seems like some people *can* play, but are reporting issues with freezing in one spot or something. But I can't play at all, I see a completely black screen (with what looks like a menu indicator that does nothing when I click it). I have cleared cookies, hard-refreshed many times, even gone to a different browser (tried both Chrome and Firefox). When I first click on the 'enter the event' button it shows the 'title screen' with a 'continue playing' button, but then when I click that it shows a loading bar and then nothing. I have no idea why some people seem to be able to play the game while all I see is this? ( @Pilauli mentioned having my same problem in the News thread as well, so it's not just me.)

(I have to go to bed in a little less than an hour, maybe this will be fixed when I wake up??)

image.png.1e7e13cbe29baf35b90292cf99019a45.png

Actually, mine doesn't look quite identical to HeatherMarie's.  Here's a sequence of what I see (or the steps to reproduce the problem if you are me):

I start by clicking "Enter the event" from my main scroll page.

Spoiler

image.png.5ed955b156ed37d46362d9e3057622d6.png

Then it takes me to a page that looks like this:  (It may be noteworthy that it says "Continue Playing" rather than "Start Game" or whatever it said the first time.)

Spoiler

image.png.bd5e28db9db66d5107a21035501eee87.png

And then I click that "Continue Playing" button and get a music-making screen (the previous screen was quiet, though) that looks like this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7b3a2cb23f7a0975d82feb16f508c958.png

I have the same problem, it doesn't work on my tablet and I don't have a laptop / PC. I really hope it will be fixed, I had no problems playing it in the past years! :( 

I'm having the same exact problem. I got to input a name, but after I did so, I'm only now treated with a black screen and nothing else (no menu buttons, no loading bar, no music at all).

I have a black screen, with a 4-point button, a menu button and occasionally 2 other buttons on the right.

and music  (nice music!)

(And while it's open, my phone is sluggishly slow)

My screen looks like HeatherMarie's and plays pretty music. Disabling NoScript doesn't make a difference.

I'm using Firefox 68.12.0esr on FreeBSD.

Sandy intro (first time with name choice, now with "continue"), then black screen with menu hamburger and blue loading bar, then black screen with the menu hamburger and music.

After what sounds like 1.5 rounds of the music, the music abruptly stops.

Found this while checking the Dev console: (F12 in chrome -> console | or menu -> Tools -> Dev Tools)

Uncaught TypeError: a.replaceAll is not a function

Tried the game in a up-to-date Chrome and it didn't show that error (and the game worked!)

From what I gather, that function works in Chrome 85+, while the browser I use still uses v.80 code. That might be it?

5 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

I get what Pilauli has, but then the loading bar fills up and disappears, after which I'm left with what HeatherMarie has.

Absolute same for me. It's black on both my laptop and phone... :<

26 minutes ago, PinkyHedgehog said:

Found this while checking the Dev console: (F12 in chrome -> console | or menu -> Tools -> Dev Tools)

Tried the game in a up-to-date Chrome and it didn't show that error (and the game worked!)

From what I gather, that function works in Chrome 85+, while the browser I use still uses v.80 code. That might be it?

Had trouble with the game previously - however, updating Chrome worked for me. ^_^  

I can see the screen with the trees, but I can't move at all.  Could that be because I'm on a tablet?

I was able to start playing on an iPad, and then continue on the computer with Firefox.

It freezes later (the first time something happens apart from me walking around) on both devices, but that's probably a different problem.

This is what I get  I got to choose my name but then I am perpetually left on loading and the funky music plays for a while and then stops.

image.thumb.png.5696258c9863d33c2b5a2a15406ff2ec.png

This is using firefox browser, tested with and without addons (in private tab.) The game didn't work for me for either setting. :)

I haven't started playing yet, but my son (EndermanCreeper, no forum account) just came to me saying that he was playing fine, but is now stuck in an area and can't get out of it.  The 2 directions he can travel won't move to the next screen and he is blocked by trees and walls in the other directions.

I too am stuck, walking right on the very first screen brought me to  water then to a head in the sand where I am trapped.  I cannot exit the area even when it is the edge of the screen it won't let me go thru to the next.  From where I stand on the far right I can walk up to the end of the screen shot but no further.  I can turn to right but can't proceed. I can walk south and can't walk further.  I am so frustrated!   I refreshed, I've restarted my computer but nothing changes.  I am stuck!

2020-10-25_6-54-51.png.de9265665209d7c6fcc89151f39f24b9.png

Mine no longer gives the black loading screen.  Instead, I get some dialogue on a black screen, and then I can press spacebar to continue to the next line of dialogue.

Anyone who couldn't get past the black loading screen should try again now to see if it's been fixed.

I'm very frustrated to see that the game still isn't working for me this morning. Once again tried on both Chrome and Firefox, etc etc. Still looks just like I posted. @Kaini Any plans to fix whatever is going on, does TJ know it's still not working for some people? I do have a slightly out-of-date Chrome, version 84, but ALL the other holiday games have always worked for me?? 

Also still have a black screen ... and I also see the "TypeError: a.replaceAll is not a function" message in the browser console.

My Firefox is current.

Edited by Ruby Eyes