HeatherMarie

Halloween Valkemarian Tales not working, blank/black screen

I don't want to be a pest, but @purpledragonclaw? Is this being looked into? Is this on the radar? Anything I need to do on my end? Any help would be appreciated! I want to be able to enjoy the game!

First off, you're not being a pest by bringing matters to our attention. Ever. We appreciate the heads-up. Secondly, yes, it is, but I have no ETA on when a fix is incoming.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I do have a slightly out-of-date Chrome, version 84, but ALL the other holiday games have always worked for me?? 

Try updating it, it should be 85+, if I'm not mistaking. What FF version do you have?

It wasn't browser version, I'm on the most recent version of Chrome and saw the issue. TJ posted here that he fixed some issues, please let us know if you see anything else. It's fixed for me now.

8 hours ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

I too am stuck, walking right on the very first screen brought me to  water then to a head in the sand where I am trapped.  I cannot exit the area even when it is the edge of the screen it won't let me go thru to the next.  From where I stand on the far right I can walk up to the end of the screen shot but no further.  I can turn to right but can't proceed. I can walk south and can't walk further.  I am so frustrated!   I refreshed, I've restarted my computer but nothing changes.  I am stuck!

2020-10-25_6-54-51.png.de9265665209d7c6fcc89151f39f24b9.png

Yup! That's the area my son is stuck in!  I remember seeing that head when he showed me.

The game is broken... black screen with my name and a little arrow that you can't click on, can't do anything.  Tried changing my name and it won't even let me do that.

15 minutes ago, WraithZephyr said:

The game is broken... black screen with my name and a little arrow that you can't click on, can't do anything.  Tried changing my name and it won't even let me do that.

Did you try hitting enter. The mouse isnt used in the game. Enter progresses dialog.

14 hours ago, Zircion said:

Mine event doesn't work too. I even can't hear ther music play😕

Screenshot_2.png

Mine too looks like this.

Try another browser ? I tried all the ones I own (too many) and only Pale Moon doesn't work.

Just tried mine again, still can't play, and since I use a Chromebook I can't change browsers.  It's Chrome or.... Chrome.  😅  The maze is unplayable to me, so I'm stuck.  Hopefully they don't stick with the "Must finish game to get badge" ruling.  If so it will be the first time since bages started, I won't get one. And I've been playing since 2009 .  Fingers crossed that it's resolved when I get home from work.

13 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

The mouse isnt used in the game.

Actually, that's not quite true.  You need enter (or spacebar) to progress the dialogue, but it seems like you need the mouse for that puzzle with runes in a grid near the end.

Just discovered this thread and realised that it's better to post here than in the event thread. :)

Similar to how others were stuck in the desert, I'm currently stuck in the sewers (and have been since yesterday). There is nowhere for me to go but left, but my character freezes up once he goes left and then there's nothing more that can be done with him (see attached screenshot). This is in Chrome, and a hard refresh doesn't help. Firefox just immediately shows the "Something went wrong" error message, whilst Safari on my iPhone 6s only goes to "Something went wrong" as soon as I try to use the controls.

Has anyone else gotten stuck in the sewers like this, or am I the only one so far?

EDIT: Setting the game's quality to "Low" doesn't help either, I'm afraid. :( 

sewerfreeze.png

Edited by Duysterwald

When I try to play on my tablet the game won't play at all. When I try on my laptop I am able to load the first page and walk around the desert. However, as soon as I walk off any edge of the map I can't go anywhere else. It just fades to black. The music keeps playing, but no new visuals appear.

I'm stuck trying to get through a set of 4 doors (the second round of doors, I believe).  The game doesn't even look the same as it did last night when I got stuck (last night was three black squares in the second room. Today it's three sets of two black "columns".) I'm not getting the "let's try this together" option from Avery, either. I've tried three different browsers and I get no where in any of them. I've entered every single room repeatedly and just keep getting spit back out in that loop. I give up. No badge for me this year. 

I'm stuck at the beginning.  I guess my tablet just isn't going to do it.

I’m not able to play the game on my iPad. It shows the intro and I was able to input a name, but after that, I get a black screen with text stating, “Something went wrong.” I haven’t tried my computer yet, so I’ll see if anything changes.

I've been looking through logged errors and I am not seeing anything that would point to the types of issues seeing here. If you are experiencing a black screen when launching the game, or an "infinite" loading bar, please open your browser's console (Ctrl+ShifT+I on windows in Firefox/Chrome/Edge) and provide a screenshot of any errors that are visible there. Note that you may need to reload the page with the console open to see anything appear.

OK. In Pale Moon: I get to choose a name, enter and can't get past this.

image.png.77a2561d7fb7fbe2938734dbc9173c3f.png

(Copying the text, as it doesn't wrap.)

define("OnyxAnimatedTileSprite",["require","module","Phaser"],function(g,p){function h(b){"@babel/helpers - typeof";h="function"===typeof Symbol&&"symbol"===typeof Symbol.iterator?function(a){return typeof a}:function(a){return a&&"function"===typeof Symbol&&a.constructor===Symbol&&a!==Symbol.prototype?"symbol":typeof a};return h(b)}function m(b,a){for(var c=0;c<a.length;c++){var d=a[c];d.enumerable=d.enumerable||!1;d.configurable=!0;"value"in d&&(d.writable=!0);Object.defineProperty(b,d.key,d)}}
function q(b,a,c){a&&m(b.prototype,a);c&&m(b,c);return b}function r(b,a){if("function"!==typeof a&&null!==a)throw new TypeError("Super expression must either be null or a function");b.prototype=Object.create(a&&a.prototype,{constructor:{value:b,writable:!0,configurable:!0}});a&&k(b,a)}function k(b,a){k=Object.setPrototypeOf||function(c,d){c.__proto__=d;return c};return k(b,a)}function t(b){var a=u();return function(){var c=f(b);if(a){var d=f(this).constructor;c=Reflect.construct(c,arguments,d)}else c=
c.apply(this,arguments);c=!c||"object"!==h(c)&&"function"!==typeof c?n(this):c;return c}}function n(b){if(void 0===b)throw new ReferenceError("this hasn't been initialised - super() hasn't been called");return b}function u(){if("undefined"===typeof Reflect||!Reflect.construct||Reflect.construct.sham)return!1;if("function"===typeof Proxy)return!0;try{return Date.prototype.toString.call(Reflect.construct(Date,[],function(){})),!0}catch(b){return!1}}function f(b){f=Object.setPrototypeOf?Object.getPrototypeOf:
function(a){return a.__proto__||Object.getPrototypeOf(a)};return f(b)}g=function(b){function a(d,e){if(!(this instanceof a))throw new TypeError("Cannot call a class as a function");d=c.call(this,d,e.x,e.y,e.width,e.height,e.properties.image);var l=n(d);"_counter"in l?Object.defineProperty(l,"_counter",{value:0,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0,writable:!0}):l._counter=0;e.name&&(d.name=e.name);d.properties=e.properties;d.setOrigin(0,0);return d}r(a,b);var c=t(a);q(a,[{key:"preUpdate",value:function(d,
e){this._counter++;this.tilePositionX=Math.floor(this._counter/10*this.properties.speed)}}]);return a}(g("Phaser").GameObjects.TileSprite);p.exports=g});

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OK. In Pale Moon: I get to choose a name, enter and can't get past this.

You're going to want the "console" tab or similar; that's...some unrelated stuff.

OK, sorry.

image.png.f1d7eda04193e1bf3dbfdbc2610e590d.png

I'm OK - playing in Opera - but that's what comes up in Pale Moon.

OK - now I have issues in Opera. After the doors I get a blank screen and the console shows:

image.png.194d9df99068261eb875dd7c00c13535.png

I didn't want full screen and didn't ask for it !

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OK, sorry.

image.png.f1d7eda04193e1bf3dbfdbc2610e590d.png

I'm OK - playing in Opera - but that's what comes up in Pale Moon.

The "getGamepads" issue is fixed, though very unlikely to be causing issues for most people (it's something that's been in most browsers since at least 2015, so only very old or very rare browsers are missing it).

I fixed my infinite loading bar glitch by activating WebGL (it was deactivated for my browser.)

Browser used: Firefox 81.0.2 (64-bit), incognito mode, no addons.

Before (WebGL disabled.)

before.thumb.png.9c82bce72cd582182ba3e442e385eb0b.png

After (WebGL activated.)

after.png.8e823767e97e1d488092ba1bee379ef9.png