Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Just saw it.

Thats kind interesting.

Nuts as in people can't stop talking about it.

Hopefully that means P5 will make it to PC as well. 

I left my door open and now all the cats are in here meeping at me for attention XD

i voted, Lagie!

i've been done with unemployment for like a month now...but it's being a pain in my a$$ still.  well, my boss, at any rate.  knowing what i know now, i just should have never applied in the first place. *sigh*

I voted Lagie.  

16 hours ago, Lagie said:

It's good to be home again.

Did you go somewhere.

Still can't find an apartment, and I'm getting very frustrated.

17 hours ago, trystan said:

i voted, Lagie!

Thanks!

Paperwork issues, or something else?

6 hours ago, Classycal said:

I voted Lagie.  

Did you go somewhere.

Still can't find an apartment, and I'm getting very frustrated.

Thanks!

House sitting for three mights.

Urgh. That would be annoying.

3 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Good morning peeps!

Good morning, Fortune! Where's your partner in crime this morning?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I'm back to my normal work week now, but will be leaving early today to pick up shop donations from someone who is leaving the island on Thursday. I hope the rain holds off while we're loading cars!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Paperwork issues, or something else?

something else.  it's behind the spoiler, for those interested.

Spoiler

i wasn't working at my retail job, so i applied for the unemployment mid-March.  it asked if i was working anywhere else.  i said my desk job. in the meantime, i emailed and asked them if i was even eligible for unemployment from my retail job - two weeks of retail job is the same hours as one week of desk job, for comparison.  i got an email back from unemployment saying i had to wait for my financial eligibility statement - where they determined what amount of unemployment i got.

i also got everything out of order.  it's supposed to be the eligibility statement and my PIN to file claims first, then (since i didn't give it direct deposit info) a debit card with my first payment on it.  i got the card first, then all the other information (!?)  the email also told me to read the unemployment handbook... which i never got.

my financial eligibility included my desk job.  but there was also information about if you wanted to appeal the amount - like you thought you should get unemployment but didn't? - so i didn't think anything of it. i filed two claims, bi-weekly (every other week) like you're supposed to, answering the "did you work" questions as they pertained to my retail job, since that was where i wasn't working.  at the end of april, i got an email from my boss, saying she got an unemployment insurance form she had to fill out, saying that no, i wasn't working.  but i AM working. she sent her appeal; i sent mine, about a month late.  this was when i learned that "appeal" in this case meant that if anything wasn't correct i still needed to file.  i shouldn't be getting unemployment from a job i was still at, right?

i also spoke to a person at a CareerLink place (where they help you find jobs, apply for unemployment, that sorta stuff), and he said i did everything right, by saying i still worked at my desk job.  but unemployment was still including my desk job.

we sent off the appeals, i filed two more bi-weekly claims until i started back at my retail job.  the week it came time to file another claim, this time i told the unemployment site that yes, i did work.  it asked me if i worked at my desk job.  i said yes.  it didn't ask me any more questions.  this was when i learned that any unemployment i got from my retail job was negligible, and in retrospect, i would not have filed at all.

then, just yesterday, my boss at my desk job just got a form saying the appeal was denied, that there was still a change in my employment there, that i had less hours and/or pay, and (i think it implied) they were still needing to pay for my unemployment.  so she typed up a letter to tell them that i've been there the whole time, in fact i even got a bonus last month and this month, and we sent it off.

it further solidified my belief that i should not have filed in the first place.

concurrent to this, three of my four filings also had an extra deposit amount.  there was supposed to be the extra $600 a week, but this every-other-week amount was less than the $1200.  so at the beginning of May, i emailed unemployment, asking what the two amounts were.  i knew one amount was my "unemployment," but was the other amount that extra money?  i still have not heard back.

whew, sorry that's so long.  but i plan on emailing that account to myself, so that i have an account as to what all happened.

*head spins*

Boy, that's complex.

Rain mostly held off, thank goodness.

Hey CPA. Hope everyone's doing well, I've been studying hard so been away.

We had nice storms the other day! Needed the rain, so very happy.

Hi Chico! We've had lots of rain here, too. Hang in there through the lockdowns, okay? It's frustrating (and economically crippling) but so important healthwise. *Zen hugs* I hope the studies are going well!

@Lagie I am really struggling. I wanted to comment in that thread to vent a little and share my point of view from a country that is mismanaging practically everything but I just feel attacked and shamed. My boyfriend is my main emotional support and I am having a very very tough time without him in a bad home situation. My physical health has been affected by the stress. I just wanted a bit of support, or something, I don't know what I was doing. I'm just losing it over stress, that the virus is the last thing I'm worried about right now.

Thank you for being kind to me. It's all I really wanted and needed ❤️ I wish I hadn't commented in that thread, I'm writing an exam tomorrow and now I'm stressed that people think I'm an awful person too.

Edited by Chicogal

@Chicogal, it is hard when you lose your support network; I'm sure talking by phone isn't the same. I can also see where the others didn't see that part of it. I don't think they set out to shame you. Maybe explain to them like you did to me? The world seems to have become a very stressful place in so many ways now. We've kept Covid at bay here but are about to reopen to general tourists and that terrifies me. I'm high risk if I catch it, and I'd really rather our borders stay closed, but sadly that's not my decision to make. Good luck with tomorrow's exam.

@Lagie Yeah, I'm a 'touch' person so not having those hugs and closeness in this worst of times is really getting to me. I wish I could even just hug a friend :( The post was written in an emotional state thinking about my own situation. I don't really want to explain it to them, I don't think they would care. I'm going to try to ignore any notifications from that thread and forget about it.

I'm so sorry Lagie, please keep safe, you are our CPA mom ❤️ Can I have a brownie before I go to sleep? ;)

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

*head spins*

Boy, that's complex.

yep it is.  which is why - knowing what i know now - i shouldn't have applied in the first place.  i wasn't even eligible from my retail job anyway, and it really really annoys me that i didn't learn that sooner.

@Chicogal {{hugs}} 

3 hours ago, Chicogal said:

I'm so sorry Lagie, please keep safe, you are our CPA mom ❤️ Can I have a brownie before I go to sleep? ;)

Of course!

*sends brownies and a hug*

Someone actually hugged me today! Unexpectedly. She's moving out of the country tomorrow. Not a close friend but it was still nice, and my first hug from anyone since mid-March.

I had no idea I had so many Lego sets...

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Someone actually hugged me today! Unexpectedly. She's moving out of the country tomorrow. Not a close friend but it was still nice, and my first hug from anyone since mid-March.

awesome! {{hugs you long distance}} teal_hugs.gif.3a30776d5e6eb17d2445db29d3075a24.gif

edit - one day last week i had a great (and more accurate) place to change my location to, but now i've forgotten.... XD 

Edited by trystan

Good morning everyone!

My brain feels all mushy

Hell Mushy-brain spirit.

I'm fretting about my final assignment.

It's done, my friends who have proof read it have said it's good, the topic got an all clear from the lecturer, but I'm still concerned.

ello spirit, mp. how goes it?

figure I share this here (or somewhere XP) since this is a dragon-related site and it's a dragon-related post XP

unknown.png?width=436&height=630

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

Maybe sunny today? It started out that way, now I'm not so sure.

Scary dragon, WS.

I just saw a neat news video from Belgium where a guy is making face masks that start with a photo of you so the mask looks like your face. Very cool.

9 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

My brain feels all mushy

me.  all the time.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I just saw a neat news video from Belgium where a guy is making face masks that start with a photo of you so the mask looks like your face. Very cool.

that actually sounds kinda creepy.....

Hey CPA. Feeling a lot better today :) And exam went really well, possibly the easiest I've written ever (yay).

Those masks must look a lil weird lol.

Edited by Chicogal

4 hours ago, Chicogal said:

Hey CPA. Feeling a lot better today :) And exam went really well, possibly the easiest I've written ever (yay).

Those masks must look a lil weird lol.

Glad it went well!

*hugs*

Exhausting shop day.