Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Just now, Lagie said:

Funny you should mention that - the very last 'oh gosh I'll need this!' thing to go in was the charger for the laptop! XD

see, i AM good for something! XD

7 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

So today is kind of an emotional day.

Today 21 years ago my father passed away.

It doesn't feel that long ago

*hugs* Those anniversary dates can be hard.

5 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Car has come back from the MOT. Needs £600 worth of repairs 😧

Ouch! That is why I have such a love/hate relationship with my car. I need it, but it seems to always cost me money at the worst times. And nothing it needs is ever cheap!

I GOT MY HAIR CUT!

Oops! Sorry for shouting, but it is just so great not to have it dragging down my neck and falling in my eyes and frizzing and sticking out all over the place in this humidity!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

see, i AM good for something! XD

XD

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I GOT MY HAIR CUT!

Oops! Sorry for shouting, but it is just so great not to have it dragging down my neck and falling in my eyes and frizzing and sticking out all over the place in this humidity!

XD I am SO looking forward to having mine cut, probably a week Monday.

New dog-to-me dog isn't too sure yet but at least she's lying down in the same room with me so that bodes well for a smooth weekend.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I GOT MY HAIR CUT!

yaaay!!

my hair is long enough to put up.  and i trim my long bangs, and it's actually pretty good. :)  maybe in another life i could have been someone who cut hair?

Edited by trystan
editing....

13 hours ago, DarkSiren said:

Aww omg that's so cute! And haha Mr. C doesn't act his age either, he's playful and young and doesn't look 15 at all! The only inclination was that he started losing weight at one point so now mom feeds him a wet food every day to help him keep on wait, and he starts begging like 4 hours before his scheduled feeding time XD He's very vocal

That does not sound good. I heard older cats can have a dysfucntion in a certain organ making the metabolism very, very fast and therefore loosing weight and constantly begging for food.

Please have a vet a look at him. Meds could help and worst case an organ needs to be removed.

I did saw a video about a case like that for an older cat...

Being in need of more food and constantly begging for food an loosing weight... Sounds like you need to bring him to a vet.

@purple: XD I can imagine the feel.

I should get my hair cut.......

Would love to stay and chat but need to go watch my grandma (and I'm already late)

compulsive post: check!

12 hours ago, trystan said:

@DarkSiren - Blackie has a one-track mind - food!  Blackie has been started to look older because now he has flecks of white fur mixed in with all his black.  if black is pepper, he's got a lot a salt starting to appear! has been for a little bit now.

as for my vacation, it's been kinda since mid-March when things shut down, so it wasn't too short... but i'm not satified.  i want to not have to work and get paid anyway! XD  i've been at my desk job only two days a week since mid-March, and my retail job was closed.  starting mid-May, i started back at my retail job two days a week, 10-2.  my retail job reopened on the 5th, and i worked on sunday for the first time since the first sunday in march.  this week i was back to all 4 days (Mon-Thurs) at my desk job.  my retail job was still 10-2 last weekend and this weekend... and next weekend it's back to 9-1.  no, i'm not a morning person either....i like to stay up late and then sleep in.  and now i'm back to working my usual 7 days a week (and shooting dirty glares in the direction of my manager because i have three day-off requests in the system (he knows about two, the third is a new request just today, but still)... and one of those days is at the end of this month!) XD

Awww yeah, that would be easy to notice on a black cat! I haven't noticed any on my orange tabby, but that's a little harder to notice on that color XD It stands out on black! I'd call it salt and pepper too lol

Sounds all over the place for your hours! I hope you get your three-day off requests approved! I'd be bitter too if I didn't get at least some of them. 

And same here, I like to stay up late and then sleep in. I can't do that once I start my adult job though...I'll have to be to work by about 7 ugh cause it's a school

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I GOT MY HAIR CUT!

Giiirlllll I feel that! I feel that frustration! My hair is dirty blonde and is really thick and gets wavy and curly and frizzy and sticks out in odd places and it hates the humidity and I have little baby hairs that I sometimes pull out of my head because they annoy me so much and ughhhhh. It seems petty but it's really bothersome! I hate having it hot on my neck too. I just recently a couple of months ago got my hair cut to above my shoulders by my friends and it's a total bi hair cut (which I am) and my friends did it and I found out I love my hair at a shorter length! Especially with how thick it is! 

Anyways,..... I WANT A HAIRCUT REALLY BAD 😧 😢 

lmao rant over. I just related to that post hardcore 

6 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

That does not sound good. I heard older cats can have a dysfucntion in a certain organ making the metabolism very, very fast and therefore loosing weight and constantly begging for food.

Please have a vet a look at him. Meds could help and worst case an organ needs to be removed.

I did saw a video about a case like that for an older cat...

Being in need of more food and constantly begging for food an loosing weight... Sounds like you need to bring him to a vet.

Thanks for your concern! My mom did take him to a vet, and that was what got him on the new diet in the first place, but we'll definitely keep an eye on him. The vet is aware. And I was away at college when this all started. But we'll definitely take him to a vet again if we feel like it gets worse or something is wrong! (And he's always been a beggar, I think we accidentally conditioned him to beg). But thank you! 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I think I have compulsive NEED TO REPLY TO EVERY SINGLE QUOTE syndrome XDXDXD 

Edited by DarkSiren

20 minutes ago, DarkSiren said:

Sounds all over the place for your hours! I hope you get your three-day off requests approved! I'd be bitter too if I didn't get at least some of them. 

well, one's a dentist appointment in july, the other is my birthday in august. :) 

my hours are mostly normal now: Mon-Thus, 9-3 at the desk job; F-S, 9-1 at the retail job; and Sun 3-7:30 at the retail job.  but did alllllll the hours have to come back allllll at once? *whines* XD 

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post..... again *sigh*

Good morning everyone!

So cold! So so cold!

*sits covered in blankets*

ello spirit.

cold you say? I'll trade you some of my hot for some of your cold.

Hi WS!

I like the cold but all my winter clothes are at my flat. And with lockdown I couldn't have fetched them yet.

*sends Spirit some fuzzy slippers and a space heater*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

Raining. I do hope it lets up in the next hour so we can put stuff outside at the shop. Otherwise it's hard to move inside.

The dog is still not impressed with me but at least she was eager for her walk this morning, and she let me pick off the burrs with no trouble.

at least the dog doesn't hate you, Lagie.... Rocky will sometimes still hiss at me XD 

in other news, i have actual brownies baking in my oven. 

i worked at my retail job today - at one craft store, and then went to the other craft store to get some fabric XD 

Edited by trystan
(editing....)

Mmm. Brownies.

My shop day was exhausting. 'Shopping cart lady' is back, and she's labour-intensive (and going to get herself banned...).

1 hour ago, trystan said:

shopping cart lady?

She buys more than she can carry at times, and on one of those occasions, she left her several overly large bags with us and left, seeming to say (she's Haitian and her English is nigh indecipherable) she was finding a ride. She showed up some time later with a shopping cart from a not-so-nearby food store and carried away her purchases in that. Hence shopping cart lady.

And yes, I did take a picture. :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20200612-223052.jpg

Not. :P

She tries very hard to confuse you so you charge less. It seldom works as I always warn her if I recount the price will be higher. (I often round down as I'm adding, so if I have to recount, I never remember what I rounded down.)

Rainy grey day here today. Dog and I are watching TV and snoozing.

hehe, that's a smart way to deal with her then!

it was a nice day here.... i actually had my lunch outside!

That sounds lovely!

Our restaurants are part of phase four, so on Monday they can transition from takeaway only to takeaway and socially-distanced outdoor seating.

heh, it was a MickyD's XD 

outdoor dining is okay in our "yellow phase," but i think even when we can eat inside, i might stay outside if it's not too hot or buggy.  also, i was the only one out there today, so yaay. :) 

It's very buggy here, and it has been raining today pretty much non-stop since 5 p.m. The water in the parking lit is ankle deep. I do hope it drains somewhat before I have to drive home tomorrow afternoon. My car does not like puddles.

i like rain.... but ankle-deep puddles aren't fun.

in other news, all three of my desert biome dragons growed up, and i'm now entered in this month's raffle :) 

Growed? XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Rainy again, but the puddle has dissipated, thank goodness.

Toppage, page 93! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Growed? XD

sure, why not? pretty sure it's a meme-word XD 

i mean, the eggs hatched, so the hatchies growed. 👍