Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

I gave up on getting it back and bit another one. Would have been nice to have gotten that one back, but I didn't expect to.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Did it, shopping done! Did some nail polish too! (Trying to stop biting my nails, but... I'm terrible at it. xD)

I LOVE STARDEW VALLEY! Like it's so freaking good. 

Always feels good to be productive!

I'm also trying to quit biting my nails (Attempt to quit #3 over the course of my life). It has been over a year now with only two relapses so they are a lot stronger than when I started. I am vain and am determined to have them healthy, pretty, and unbitten by the time I get married in February. XD

Good luck @AsymDoll13. Stick with it!

3 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Always feels good to be productive!

I'm also trying to quit biting my nails (Attempt to quit #3 over the course of my life). It has been over a year now with only two relapses so they are a lot stronger than when I started. I am vain and am determined to have them healthy, pretty, and unbitten by the time I get married in February. XD

Good luck @AsymDoll13. Stick with it!

I've been biting them since the 5th grade, so... we're looking at probably almost 20 years. I've tried in the past. When Covid got really bad here in the States, I quit for quite a long time, but now it's back with a vengeance.  xD One of my thumb nails are so long though...

I wish you luck!

8 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Try dabbing hand sanitizer on them. It has bitter stuff added to it and perfume. If the scent doesn't remind you, the bitter will. I have used hand santizer on electric cords, leashes, and stuff to keep the animals from chewing them.

33 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Try dabbing hand sanitizer on them. It has bitter stuff added to it and perfume. If the scent doesn't remind you, the bitter will. I have used hand santizer on electric cords, leashes, and stuff to keep the animals from chewing them.

Thanks @Long_Before_Sunrise. I've got it pretty much figured out by now. The most helpful thing for me was wearing a face mask. I have to wear one all the time at work and it is a litteral physical barrier that also helped me recognize when I was getting the urge to bite. From there I figured out what stressors triggered my nail biting (hunger, anxiety, and boredom) so I could reduce those.

Having a nail file in my purse and at my desk to file the annoying edges down is also SUPER important for keeping me from going back to bad habbits. It will drive my OCD nuts and makes me want to bite them down to the quick the minute I notice rough edges catching on things.

@AsymDoll13 I was going on 25 years of nail biting so I understand completely.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I gave up on getting it back and bit another one. Would have been nice to have gotten that one back, but I didn't expect to.

ah okay.

but i did have it on my calendar to be on the lookout for you.

my one vamp bit the egg and it got repulsed (i have no connection to it, it was a random AP egg.  my second vamp bit and egg and killed it.  that seems about right. *sigh*

9 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Having a nail file in my purse and at my desk to file the annoying edges down is also SUPER important for keeping me from going back to bad habbits. It will drive my OCD nuts and makes me want to bite them down to the quick the minute I notice rough edges catching on things.

I don't have OCD, but I can't stand that either. 

@BringsTheSnow I wish you so much luck!

@Long_Before_Sunrise Hand sanitizer does nothing to stop me. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I adore the stuff, and it's never stopped me. Ever. Neither has nail polish or anything of the sort, but I think the germs thing is what made me stop a bit with Covid, but that's gone now. Sigh. 

@AsymDoll13, I like your wild shumoga names! XD

I managed to shift over twenty dragons this evening. Huzzah!

The hard ones are the new breeds.

15 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@Long_Before_Sunrise Hand sanitizer does nothing to stop me. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I adore the stuff, and it's never stopped me. Ever. Neither has nail polish or anything of the sort, but I think the germs thing is what made me stop a bit with Covid, but that's gone now. Sigh. 

How about the full hand-covering manacles and Lecter masks they put on MCU mutants?

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I managed to shift over twenty dragons this evening. Huzzah!

*sigh* I have 60+ adults waiting to be moved. I want to wait until all my Halloween ones are grown because I have to log them all in on my spreadsheets before I move them and it is easiest to do them all at once. At least I did go through and finish naming them all today.

@Long_Before_Sunrise I can't find that Killd egg using either of the codes you have posted for it. What is its exact code? Or send me a link to it. I was going to help look for it, but it is much easier to figure when it might appear if I can actually view it. Not to guarantee that I could catch it even if I did see it, but I could try.

That worked. I have it bookmarked now. Hopefully I will be awake and at home when it comes up.

Depends on how much the site is lagging for me. Sometimes I get a lot of lag and eggs are long gone before I even see them. Sometimes it is lightening fast. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

How about the full hand-covering manacles and Lecter masks they put on MCU mutants?

God. That might actually work! xD

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Depends on how much the site is lagging for me. Sometimes I get a lot of lag and eggs are long gone before I even see them. Sometimes it is lightening fast. :unsure:

I thank you anyway for trying to help.

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

God. That might actually work! xD

I dunno. You strike me as the slippery :ph34r: type. You probably can pick locks with your toes.

10 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@Long_Before_Sunrise

That's the strangest thing anyone has ever said/typed to me. 

You hang out with a different type than I do, but perhaps they don't occasionally go off on long discussions over obsolete computer programming languages where you have no idea what they're talking about.

And heaven help you if they get into puns.

34 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You hang out with a different type than I do, but perhaps they don't occasionally go off on long discussions over obsolete computer programming languages where you have no idea what they're talking about.

And heaven help you if they get into puns.

Oh man, I love my puns, but obsolete computer programming languages, no. Not so much. 

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

*sigh* I have 60+ adults waiting to be moved. I want to wait until all my Halloween ones are grown because I have to log them all in on my spreadsheets before I move them and it is easiest to do them all at once. At least I did go through and finish naming them all today.

I still have over 60 to shift!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh man, I love my puns, but obsolete computer programming languages, no. Not so much. 

Puns are fun! Have you read @Dirtytabs's descriptions? A lot of them are punny.

10 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I thank you anyway for trying to help.

And I just missed it. :( It is on another scroll.

Working on my Wednesday Sapphire breeding. Before I put it on the Notice Board, anyone interested in this 3G PB Blue Sapph egg? 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/mz1af

Hoping I can send it on to someone who will keep it blue (and maybe continue the lineage naming pattern).

11 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh man, I love my puns,

count me in for puns too! :D

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

I still have over 60 to shift!

that's quite a few!!

morning all. another nice day outside.  and i'm playing with my dragons XD (it's fine, i'm not an 'outside' person XD)