Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

worked today, picked up a book at my local bookstore, fed the cats, had dinner, bred an Aeon for someone, and now i'm here.

xmas shopping? not yet.  but we're doing chanukah this year a week after chanukah is over - it goes from the sunday after U.S. thanksgiving until the sunday after.  we're going to my brother's on december 12.  so i have until the 11th to finish the blanket for one nephew and make up a certificate for a baseball game for the other nephew.

meantime, i'm still working on my sweater. :) 

Ooh. That's early for Hannukah, isn't it? (Really, fingers? Jannjah?)

LOL

yeah it's early.

i've learned that all the jewish holidays are early the year after the leap year.  on the jewish calendar, a leap year is every 3 or 4 years (there's a formula, but i'd have to google it), and it's a whole extra month that gets added.  and that's when chanukah is around xmas, even leaking into january.  and then the next year, since there's no extra month, that's when we have "Thanksgivukkah" XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

so i have until the 11th to finish the blanket for one nephew and make up a certificate for a baseball game for the other nephew.

Crochet or knit? Or something else entirely? ^^

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Crochet or knit? Or something else entirely? ^^

it's crochet... lots of little squares for a minecraft blanket

i have a few more rows done than that's in this pic, because i have a few green squares in place! .... (behind the spoiler)

Spoiler

20211007_231650_medium2.jpg

Nice. Hope they like it. :)

Heading to bed early.

Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of McNuggets*

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Nice. Hope they like it. :)

thanks!

i hope he likes it too! :D 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Ooh. That's early for Hannukah, isn't it? (Really, fingers? Jannjah?)

I am now celebrating Jannjah!

After already working 63hrs this week, my body has decided I am firmly not able to work the other 25hr this weekend. I've barely slept, got chills and nausea, and my tinnitus is really kicking off as well. I may use some snake therapy in a minute.

7 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I don't remember how advent calendar works. Will Cookies unlock last and stay the least amount of time? I really hope TJ fixes the lag in them. 🙄

I skipped over answering this, didn't I? 

Yes, the Cookie Decorating will probably be one of the last unlocked (If we get to have it again, TJ didn't say 'no' 🤞But I don't think he fully understood the question)

I don't know about the lag. I remember the lag. Sometimes it was useful. Sometimes it fed my cookie to The Void.

It was actually almost a year ago that us old timers noticed things weren't working the way they used to. I doubt it'll ever be the same, but maybe eventually the breeding ratios will get a fix.

Link to the Cookie Decorating thread for noobs like Asymdoll13

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

UHAFKUEJ I FORGOT TO INFLUENCE THE PRIZEKINI NEEDEDFO R A LINEAGE,,,

please send me your good hatchie gendering luck everyone X[

41 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

UHAFKUEJ I FORGOT TO INFLUENCE THE PRIZEKINI NEEDEDFO R A LINEAGE,,,

you could send me the hatchling if it's not right on the verge of growing up and I use one of my Aeon's precog on it.  I only see the Omen? It's too late to influence it.

47 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I don't, but... I'll allow it. 

So I win?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

you could send me the hatchling if it's not right on the verge of growing up and I use one of my Aeon's precog on it.  I only see the Omen? It's too late to influence it.

So I win?

fortunately, i was lucky!image.png.8bf4cbee00963ea7b5e9b7e559ba803d.png 

22 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sleep well!

And enjoy the program.

Thank you! I slept ok. Took tomorrow off so now I have 4 days off lol. Hoping the weather holds/improves for this parade, it's awful cold and wet out right now 😕

17 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Anyone else thinking about Christmas shopping? I usually wait until December, but the earlier I get it done... I dunno. lol

Yes, I usually order online for most of my gifts (I HATE holiday shopping in the stores. Makes me anxious) I am currently behind on that.

15 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Winter is coming! First snow fell in the night between 10th and 11th of november. It all melted of course, but it still happened! Today too.
Has it snowed in your places yet?

No snow but is very chilly and wet.

13 hours ago, Venodeen said:

BTW where I live its currently really foggy everyday so I am interested if you have foggy days ahead too?

I get off work at 6am and lately it has been BLANKETS of fog on the drive home.

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

My missing dog is back! :D

She is now scheduled to be spayed on Tuesday.

Yay! I am so glad!

1 hour ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

fortunately, i was lucky!image.png.8bf4cbee00963ea7b5e9b7e559ba803d.png 

Oh good, I was gonna send good gendering vibes but it turned out well anyway :3

I need to get to work on the Cosmic Castaway Lineage but I still haven't even decided on breeds let alone design lol

8 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

I am now celebrating Jannjah!

After already working 63hrs this week, my body has decided I am firmly not able to work the other 25hr this weekend. I've barely slept, got chills and nausea, and my tinnitus is really kicking off as well. I may use some snake therapy in a minute.

Aww. Feel better soon.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

9 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thank you! I slept ok. Took tomorrow off so now I have 4 days off lol. Hoping the weather holds/improves for this parade, it's awful cold and wet out right now 😕

Enjoy the four days off!

It's sunny!

17 hours ago, Venodeen said:

BTW where I live its currently really foggy everyday so I am interested if you have foggy days ahead too?

Already had 5 days of fog. It was pretty dense at times, especially during the night.

14 hours ago, trystan said:

it's crochet... lots of little squares for a minecraft blanket

i have a few more rows done than that's in this pic, because i have a few green squares in place! .... (behind the spoiler)

Hmm, are you doing this cube?

Spoiler

INBHMCNdcPNCBvgGn3yQ-RH4jiAhFP4bde7-wCC2xiw.png?auto=webp&s=7fbcf884991ea6c916da84752af364fbf962687b

11 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I don't know about the lag. I remember the lag. Sometimes it was useful. Sometimes it fed my cookie to The Void.

It was terrible for me. It made the whole process take waaaaay more time than it would have otherwise. I actually resorted to finishing one particular cookie in Paint and then redrawing it from there. Don't know if that had saved me any time, but at least I would know what to do if I were to lose my progress with it again. I hadn't seen any cookie-erasing bugs, but I did close my browser accidentally and make myself lose progress at least once.

11 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

(If we get to have it again, TJ didn't say 'no' 🤞But I don't think he fully understood the question)

I think your question is pretty unambiguous and he clearly implies "yes you can".

Right now I don't feel that much excitement about cookies coming back, but back then I also didn't immediately get into them. Really really really hope TJ will fix the lag this time.

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Alright, I think I have decided on a design for my Cosmic Castaway Lineage.

Thoughts?

I think it looks nice. :)
Have you already considered making both wings look the same?

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

12 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Yep, your body will let you know when you are pushing too hard! I hope you get some rest and start feeling better very soon!

10 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

5 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

fortunately, i was lucky!

Glad to see it turned out as you wanted.

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Alright, I think I have decided on a design for my Cosmic Castaway Lineage.

Thoughts?

You have gone back to a simpler design and I like that. :)

1 hour ago, FortyTwo said:

I think I prefer this over the stones you showed last time.

Thanks :3 I think it looks better this way too. The stones clashed too much.

27 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I think it looks nice. :)
Have you already considered making both wings look the same?

Thank you! And yes, but I couldn't choose which wing I liked better, so I made one of each lol

19 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You have gone back to a simpler design and I like that. :)

Yeah, sometimes simpler is better :3

Kiddos parade went well, but it started snowing and is cold as all get out. I'm glad to be home and warm now. Gonna do some quick work online, clean a bit around thw house in preperation of my family's visit tomorrow, and then sleep.

20 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm in a social situation for the first time since Covid. Help. 

It is scary, isn't it? Be safe!

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm in a social situation for the first time since Covid. Help. 

You got this friend! Re-intigrating is ominous and scary but is ok, people skills will all come back in time.