Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Hope it's a fun one!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Rain, rain, go away.

I have to load my car today.

Toppage, page 469! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

On 7/14/2021 at 10:22 PM, Lagie said:

League? XD

The new theory is that perhaps the lady who came to let the dogs out that day for me might have thought the boxes held dog biscuits.

Is this week done yet?

My phone autocorrect is not the smartest at the best of times, and for some reason the DC forum makes it even more incoherent!

A few days off work... So naturally I went in to do six hours unpaid, and another six hours of Safeguarding for the charity as well. In all weekend then into triple nights, so very little time to relax either.

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hope it's a fun one!

it's a pic from the movie Labyrinth - David Bowie as Jareth mainly :) 

got my car's oil changed today, as well as the tires rotated.  when i got my car, i got this perk of free oil change for life (or however long i have the car).  and sometimes, they'll call me and say "oh, you need this service done" or "oh, your cabin filter needs to be replaced" and i say "sure, do that!"  and they also go over the engine systems and the tires and the brakes and let me know if anything might need work in the future.

but today.....some car babbling back here~

Spoiler

today - i get the print-out and it says my air filter was extremely dirty..... but they didn't call me to ask if they should replace it.  so now i'm wondering if in the past i said something like that "if anything else needs to be done, let me know"? or they changed how they do things from November of 2020 when my car had it's last oil change.  and the lady who checked me in and stuff said "so the next time you come, you can get that looked at."  and i have no idea why i didn't ask how come they didn't call me to ask if i wanted it changed today?  it could have also been that i mentioned i'll be getting my car inspected next month at my mechanic, so that might be why they didn't offer. 

but here's the thing - for a number of weeks my car has had a little hesitation when i'd start it up sometimes in the morning.  i'd taken it to the mechanic last week and left it there, so he could start it first thing to see what it was doing - turns out, i picked up the car because i needed it, and the mechanic was running late.  of course, i got the car right when the mechanic got there, but his brother/co-owner of the business started the car and didn't notice any hesitation.  BUT - dollars to donuts the hesitation when i first start it up is because of the extremely dirty air filter.  

also, by hesitating when it starts, it's like when you have to get out of bed, and you realise you're late so you're trying to function before you have your morning coffee (if you're a coffee person, that is)

and i bought a calendar/planner thing for next year. :) 

might stalk the AP for vampires and low-time Siyats tonight.  maybe.

11 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

My phone autocorrect is not the smartest at the best of times, and for some reason the DC forum makes it even more incoherent!

I'm glad I turned it off on my phone. ;)

11 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

few days off work... So naturally I went in to do six hours unpaid,

Remind me to not do that while I'm on vacation next week. I'm barely functioning as it is.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

when i got my car, i got this perk of free oil change for life

Nice perk! Did they actually change the filter?

I am home now, with my outside cats, till Monday morning.

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

when i got my car, i got this perk of free oil change for life

Nice perk! Did they actually change the filter?

LOL.... i'm pretty sure they did XD 

did that happen to one of your cars then? :dry:

Nope. But I do need my oil checked soon. The company that initially sold the car I now drive will not service it as it's more than ten years old. :rolleyes:

I wish the people at the pool would go away. I want to go to bed.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The company that initially sold the car I now drive will not service it as it's more than ten years old. :rolleyes:

yeesh.

in August i will have had my car for three years.  it's a 2015, so this year he's 6 years old.  (the letters on my licence plate are KVN so i've named my car Kevin. XD)

Definitely use your annual leave to actually relax!

My car is old enough to drive another car...

Mine is a 1998, so is also, Mr. Kestra! XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Please stay sunny! I would like our last shop day before our closed week to be a normal 'stuff outside' day.

ETA:

Hmm. Quiet thread. 

It did stay sunny!

@trystan, GUESS WHAT CAME!!!!!!!!!! Erm... sorry about that. Guess what came today? ;)

Screenshot_20210717-192504.thumb.jpg.1c04eea869c885491a63cd32936c1274.jpg

I'm saving it for proper daylight hours tomorrow. In the minifigures, so far I have Speedy Gonzales (from the left ones) and airplane costume girl (from the right).

Edited by Lagie
Quiet thread. Didn't want to double post.

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

GUESS WHAT CAME!!!!!!!!!! Erm... sorry about that. Guess what came today? ;)

yaaay!!!!!

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hmm. Quiet thread. 

i was at work from noon to 5, then dinner time, and now i'm here.  

it's thundering outside, but not raining yet.  we're under a severe thunderstorm warning for another 45 minutes... until they change it again XD 

thundering outside, but not raining yet.  we're under a severe thunderstorm warning for another 45 minutes... until they change it again XD 

Stay safe! And dry!

Hope work went well.

yep, safe and dry.  the power flicked off for like barely a moment and then back on - but it was enough to knock out the internet and tv.... and the AC restarted as well.  but after like a minute, all was back to normal.

work was work.

i had a few customers ask if we're closing - someone said "don't to an AC Moore on me!"  - AC Moore was a direct competitor to us, they closed down in january (or february?) of 2020..... and one of their stores was literally right next door to my store.  i told customers that we're making room for our fall and halloween stuff.... and i also said that while i'd like to believe it's all fall and halloween, i have a sinking feeling that a good bit of it will be xmas! :blink:

:)

We usually do a 'Christmas in July' sale, but with one of my volunteers away and she being the one who helps sort and price Christmas stuff, and with our general overwhelmededness, we didn't this year, though I did sell some Christmas things yesterday.

oh this is actual xmas stuff for december.  my younger daughter (who also works there too) said she remembered when she first started (summer of 2019) that before she went off to school in august, we had shelves of xmas ribbon already. ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

(okay, i'm good now)

That's a tad too early. :P

But not really surprising.

a tad too early? that's alot too early! XD 

and yes, i did that on purpose XD 

Edited by trystan

True. I was trying to avoid the whole hog oh my gosh what ARE they thinking ?!? reaction. :P

No clue. Why put Christmas out before Thanksgiving? One holiday at a time, I say.

oh they'll get to thanksgiving - the week before halloween, and then it goes on clearance two weeks later :blink:

i usually post this around november 1st:

014def47c0ef119192ef41f565e9a388.jpg

XD

I hadn't seen that one before. 

We stash the holiday stuff and bring it out about a month before each holiday.

heh.

i mean, yeah, a month before makes sense.  however - also as a crafter - crafters DO start getting things made for craft fairs and stuff, and i suspect there will be a few of them this year.  so, on the one hand i get it.  before the month is out, i'm going to email my brother to see what my nephew might like crocheted for his birthday (beginning of september) as well as for chanukah.... so i'm starting early.  but on the other hand - TOO early! XD 

10 hours ago, trystan said:

also as a crafter - crafters DO start getting things made for craft fairs and stuff, and i suspect there will be a few of them this year. 

Good point! 

We've had no notification of our November fair so I suspect it won't be happening. The email usually goes out by now.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny! :)

I'm going for coffee and munchies at a friend's then stopping at work to drop off some crucial shopping, and then I'm done with work till the 27th.

but it's still too early! XD 

i'm at work today at 2.  the manager has decided she likes to give me 5 hours shifts, so instead of 3 to close, i'm 2 to close tonight.  we close at 7 and then we stay an extra half hour to get stuff cleaned and straightened up.

at least it's not supposed to be as HOT today as it had been.  don't know about the humidity yet..... haven't been outside yet XD 

Late for breakfast, I guess, but I'll still grab a waffle and berries!

It started out quite pleasant this morning, but the heat and humidity are climbing already.

Had a lovely day yesterday at the Maryland Science Center with daughter, son, and granddaughter.