Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

i worked in the middle of the day - 11:30 to 3:45 XD 

we were very busy, as we have been since.... we opened up last year after the lockdowns - June.  when asked why we were steady busy again, i replied over the radio (so only my coworkers heard) it was a nice saturday in the middle of the spring while there's still a pandemic happening!  it was a play off my answer during the last for months of the year why we're so busy - a month that ends in -ber! (that's what the manager who hired me said.)  but it's been crazy busy since last june. yikes.

Yup. I hear you on busy! Though we do have lulls within a day, all four months so far this year have made 10,000 + (in 16 hours each week).

oh wow, that's great!

busy is good - it makes the work day go by quicker, actually.

It does!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny!

I am hoping to get the last of the Lego off my living room floor by the end of today. Wish me luck. :P

Always! XD

And the treehouse display which I still haven't decided yet about, whether to leave it or to take it down.

Good morning, CPA!

Sunday breakfast is always special here!  *swipes a couple of those delicious Belgian waffles!*

It is a lovely morning here -- sunny and bright. It is supposed to get to around 80 F today.

Hubby and I actually got a lot done in the yard and on our back porch yesterday. Our enclosed porch has become a storage area for all manner of stuff to the point where we really can't just relax and enjoy it. We cleared away a good bit of that yesterday, although there is still much that needs to be done. The biggest mistake we made when hubby's parents died was bringing a lot of their furniture to our house, thinking we could use it. We never have, and it just takes up space. Still he is reluctant to part with it. *sigh*

afternoon, all! i'm due in work in 2 hours. ugh, i don't wanna.   i say that every time. LOL!

i made some soap bars using melt and pour soap - they have soap succulents in them! :)  they're for my younger daughter, who LOVES plants, and she's moving back out to school in august.  her and two friends are renting an off-campus house (it's about a 15ish minute walk to campus, but there's busses too).... and even though she likes foaming soap, some bar soap in the bathroom would be a fun touch especially if there's succulents in them! :) 

i'll post a pic when i get one.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The biggest mistake we made when hubby's parents died was bringing a lot of their furniture to our house, thinking we could use it. We never have, and it just takes up space. Still he is reluctant to part with it. *sigh*

Hard to do. Can you find a family in need or charity who can use it?

26 minutes ago, trystan said:

ome bar soap in the bathroom would be a fun touch especially if there's succulents in them! :) 

Like... an actual plant she can plant afterwards? :blink:

Well, step one complete. The Lego is off the living room floor... now for step two. Actually putting it away! XD My ultimate goal is to have all the storage boxes of it neatly stacked back in their places before I go off house sitting on Thursday.

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Like... an actual plant she can plant afterwards? :blink:

no, the succulent is made of soap as well :D

pic!

Spoiler

f7cIKRu.jpg

Edited by trystan

Oh I see. Those look cool! :)

thanks!

i edited my post so the actual pic is in there, behind a spoiler. :) 

Those are very pretty, Trystan. :)

thanks purple!

now i'm plotting it in candy melts! XD 

Good afternoon everyone!

Man the need to not clean my flat during working hours is intense!

XD That's ... unusual, Spirit. Work must be tough if house cleaning is more appealing.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Grrr. I got up early, took my car in for servicing and wiper repairing (motor), took a dangerous bus back home (too many passengers for supposedly half-full and the driver had no mask), and the service place calls and says they cannot work on my car as it's older than 2010. :blink: You think they could have told me that when I booked the appointment??? And there's no bus in the opposite direction so I have to now wait for a friend to be headed to her mum's to get a ride with her to get back to my car.

It's going somewhere else tomorrow.

LAGIE!

*huggles*

Nah it annoys the hell out of me cause it's been a year since I lived in the flat. So there are some *shudders* bugs that needs to be taken care off

Spirit!

*huggles back*

Ah, bugs are another matter entirely. Happy de-bugging!

Back home again. With my car. Sigh.

@Lagie That is beyond frustrating about your car! You would think they just wouldn't let you leave it!

Today is a shopping and bank day. I would rather stay home. I have become much too much of a home body during the pandemic!

We were supposed to finish cleaning up our back porch yesterday but somehow got sidetracked and worked on the garage instead. It needed it, too, but we really need to focus on the porch for now because our lawn guy is supposed to be helping hubby with a project back there this weekend.

so the soaps i made are lavender scented, which is not my daughter's absolute fave.  i'll be making them again with a rose scent for her.  hopefully i can recreate the succulent color! :D

also i have dragons growing up tonight; some breeding to do on wednesday...i need to take a look at my spreadsheets of characters to see what i'm stalking for next. vampires from red or blue (mostly blue!) dragon eggs is always good

46 minutes ago, trystan said:

vampires from red or blue (mostly blue!) dragon eggs is always good

Bred, or CB, or does it matter?

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Today is a shopping and bank day. I would rather stay home. I have become much too much of a home body during the pandemic!

I hear you on the staying home! I got back with my car after the non-service, remembered I do actually have two bills to pay, and decided to wait till next week. I was happy just being home.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:
1 hour ago, trystan said:

vampires from red or blue (mostly blue!) dragon eggs is always good

Bred, or CB, or does it matter?

doesn't really matter, actually.  if it's CB, i am keeping track of what the egg was before it was turned.  they're for my House of Night vampyres, and in the series there's red and blue vampyres, so... yeah. :)

(my own House of Night progenitor vamps can't bite until later this month!)

so looked over my character list.  there's only 4 that i'd be okay with coming from not my House of Night progenitor vamps.  and those 4 are all blue vampyres. :)

wow, i'm really picky, aren't i?

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, trystan said:

there's only 4 that i'd be okay with coming from not my House of Night progenitor vamps.  and those 4 are all blue vampyres. :)

wow, i'm really picky, aren't i?

XD

You're allowed to be!

I'm scroll-locked right now but I could try biting something for you later. I still have one active vampire (the others are on cooldown).

Two of my Lego boxes took wa-a-ay longer than anticipated to sort so I'm several hours behind schedule, but at least I'm making progress.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm scroll-locked right now but I could try biting something for you later. I still have one active vampire (the others are on cooldown).

something blue would work :D 

only thing is, if your scroll repulses the egg, i keep forgetting to pay attention to the AP, so i'd probably miss it anyway XD 

i'm now making more succulent soap.  the succulent parts are still green - i got the same color again, yaay!! - but they're unscented.  i'll make the base i'm putting them in clear and rose scented. :) 

Well, if it doesn't repulse, it'll be yours! ;)

And happy soaping!

I finished the bulk of the Lego 'filing'! I'll copy the master lists tomorrow and stick one into each box as I put them away tomorrow night. I still have the small fiddly stuff to do but at least that's not underfoot (small bits go into plastic organizers).