Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

for the longest time i had a scar on my elbow from when i was in college, but a few years ago, i discovered that it's actually no longer there! weird.

Weird. Hey, wanna ask each other questions till one of us has to go?

well, i'm kinda here until about 3, when i'm done work XD

in other news, Ben and Vestara gave me the red Zyu! yaay! (it's a star wars thing.) XD

8 hours ago, Gavvv24 said:

I literally just woke up and I’m both A: Failling 7th grade in middle school and B: I’m on CST so I missed my first class comepletely. But yah. How was your day and night?

Please tell me you're not failing because of toomuch time spent here! ;) Any way we can help you not fail?

And there's nothing wrong with being younger than the rest of us. You guys help keep us young. :D

As for cats, technically, none of these are mine:

Tabby - Jenny - belongs to a neighbour across the complex, comes for food and love

Ginger & white - Ginger - belongs to my immediate neighbour, sometimes comes for food, sometimes for love

Black cat - Mama - semi-feral, brought her four kittens to my feeding station when she was teaching them to eat solids and drink water

Tabby - Haar - the smallest of Mama's four kittens and the only girl, she has decided mi casa is her casa so she lives in my patio area

Tabby - Gloaming - Haar's brother, also decided mi casa is his casa so he lives here, too

Tabby - Ghost, aka Uncle Ghost - was feral until he showed up injured one day, so I fed him soft food and gave him meds and by the time he was better, mi casa is now also his casa

Tabby - Gaspard - possibly Ghost's brother, shows up occasionally for food, not touchable

Black cat - Odin - shows up for food, was not touchable, until yesterday, and I suspect he's in the process of making mi casa into his casa; Ghost doesn't like this fact

Ginger, white-tipped tail - Cooper - Haar&Gloaming's brother, hasn't been seen for a few weeks now, can be momentarily touched then shies away

Ginger, no white - Chase - Haar&Gloaming's other brother, hasn't been seen in months, fully feral

Everyone is spayed and neutered except Mama who has kittens again. I'll get her done, and eventually the kittens, once this set is weaned.

But ... if you ask me, I have no pets. :P I now have to arrange a cat feeding person when I go off pet sitting. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your two days off, @trystan! Yay for successful breeding!

29 minutes ago, Lagie said:

But ... if you ask me, I have no pets. :P I now have to arrange a cat feeding person when I go off pet sitting. :rolleyes:

LOL! XD 

29 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Enjoy your two days off, @trystan! Yay for successful breeding!

well i have to get through tomorrow, which is noon to 5, not 1 to 5 as it has been for the past many fridays.  the only problem i have with the Zyus is they're stubborn to hatch, and then when i put them in one more hatchery, they get soft shell. yeesh. (maybe i won't incubate these guys? 🤔

Edited by trystan

2 hours ago, trystan said:

the only problem i have with the Zyus is they're stubborn to hatch, and then when i put them in one more hatchery, they get soft shell. yeesh. (maybe i won't incubate these guys? 🤔

That is a known zyu and prize issue. Not incubating helps. Or maybe ward them while you are at work?

here's how my process works: when my egg gets to 5d 23h, it goes in 4 hatcheries (EDS, AoND, Silvi's, and Valley Sherwood). when it gets to 4d Xh - anywhere from 23h to maybe 8h or so (depending what time it'll be 8 hours later), that's when i incubate it.  most of the time i don't move it to the ER of those hatcheries.  depending on what hatching stage it's in, i may (if it's not even cracked yet) or not (big hole) add it to Evina's.  and that's when it gets sick.

but: i get impatient, so i want to incubate. right now, one Zyu egg has 5d 16h left.  my plan is, when i get home from work tomorrow, it'll have like 4d 20h or 19h, so.... incubate.  maybe i'll just incubate it, and then let it go without adding it to Evina's? we'll see.  i get a twitchy "incubate the eggs" finger! XD 

but yeah, i know it's an issue with Zyus and Prizes.

oooh, question: "unfortunately this egg has been killed" - is that pretty much a vampire fail?

Edited by trystan
clarification ... and to add stuff

9 hours ago, trystan said:

oooh, question: "unfortunately this egg has been killed" - is that pretty much a vampire fail?

Not always. Sometimes people deliberately kill eggs (like if the wrong breed is produced, or your stupid phone doesn't scroll right and you breed to the wrong mate).

3 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday! *huggles*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

It smells like smoke in here. I wonder if there's been another fire. (There was a big one Sunday and a sizeable one Tuesday.)

And the first word in the codebreak puzzle is 'alarmed'. Hmmm.

Edited by Lagie
typo

Good morning, @Fortune86!

Good morning CPA!

Woke early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Too bright and sunny -- at 6:15 am! Also too much anxiety.

@Lagie that is a lot of cats for someone who has no pets! XD

Just now, purplehaze said:

@Lagie that is a lot of cats for someone who has no pets! XD

I know, right? XD I think I may have to give in and officially declare Haar, Gloaming, and Ghost as mine.

It happens with BSA Earthquake, too.

Hi Lagie! 
*huggles with the force of a small thermonuclear device*

How was your day yesterday? Mine was ok. I went to karate and had alot of fun there. Not much else though. I did finish all my schoolwork yesterday tho and that helped my grade not suffer as much. And to answer your question, no, I am not failing cuz I spend way to much time here, and no, I don’t really need any help but thanks for the offer. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention, today’s a half day! I’ll be on alot today from about 11am to whenever. Probably at like, midnight cst. My schoolday starts at 755am so it also ends at 240 pm. 

23 minutes ago, Gavvv24 said:

Hi Lagie! 

How was your day yesterday? Mine was ok. I

*explodes* XD

My day went well. Busy shop, lots of donations in. I had dinner with Julian and we watched another episode of Star Trek: Discovery.

That's an early day! My work day doesn't start till 10 on weekdays so I have a leisurely start to my day.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

happens with BSA Earthquake, too.

Thanks. I forgot that one!

33 minutes ago, Gavvv24 said:

Hi Lagie! 

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

*explodes* XD

Oh, dear. Where's the dustbuster?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Busy shop, lots of donations in.

About that, how is your shop doing? Now I wanna know everything about it, like what your selling, where it is, and yeah. I’m not just enveloped, I’m intrigued. 
image.jpeg.9dc709b01264bb2ae386003cd5890eb4.jpeg

Lagie, LongBeforeSunrise, thanks! over in TLQ, RubyEyes posted a link to a post that showed the message when an egg has been killed using EQ, and it does mention "earthquake" in the message. I'm going to choose to believe someone tried to vamp the silver prize egg.... *sigh*

work today, 12 to 5. ugh. but then I have 2 days off, so there's that. :)

6 hours ago, trystan said:

I'm going to choose to believe someone tried to vamp the silver prize egg.... *sigh*

Some people deliberately do that.

7 hours ago, Gavvv24 said:

About that, how is your shop doing? Now I wanna know everything about it, like what your selling, where it is

I run The Bahamas Humane Society Thrift Shop (we have a Facebook page ;) ). We sell pretty much anything and everything, even, today, a kitchen sink. All of what we sell is donated, and all of the funds raised go towards keeping the Bahamas Humane Society afloat. With no other of our usual fundraisers due to Covid, we are the main source of income right now. I've been manager for five years now with an awesome team of volunteers to assist me. If you are ever in Nassau, Bahamas, come and check us out! (Or browse our FB page if you aren't.)

@trystan, you know me and palindromes. Yesterday we made 717 and today we made... 717 (how bizarre is that?) for a total so far this month of 3443. XD

@Long_Before_Sunrise, I think the dustbuster is in the kitchen closet. ;)

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm going to choose to believe someone tried to vamp the silver prize egg.... *sigh*

Some people deliberately do that.

*sigh*

but why tho?

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

you know me and palindromes. Yesterday we made 717 and today we made... 717 (how bizarre is that?) for a total so far this month of 3443. XD

:blink:

but that's pretty cool

1 hour ago, trystan said:

*sigh*

but why tho?

Because.

Alas.

but that's pretty cool

I thought it was. ;)

Almost time for the music to end. Yay for curfew!

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

*sigh*

but why tho?

Because.

Alas.

i'll bet even if i said "no killing" it would still happen.

i also asked that people leave a comment that they got an egg. i dropped 4 prize eggs.

guess how many comments i got?

(yep, none.)

1 minute ago, trystan said:

(yep, none.)

Some people have no brought-upsie.