Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Sometimes it reheats just fine. Today the texture was all wrong and I could barely get any of it down. The chips/fries were fine.

ugh, that's frustrating.  especially if you were looking forward to it.

Just now, trystan said:

ugh, that's frustrating.  especially if you were looking forward to it.

I was! But that's okay. I'll survive. I'm having an asparagus feast tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm having an asparagus feast tomorrow.

my dad grew asparagus somewhere in his garden.  if it was picked at the right time, it was really good.  other times, it was kinda meh.

34 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

:blink: I don't remember acquiring or raising this Umbra.

:blink:

Is now named Just Came Out Of Nowhere. I recognize the dragons above and below him in age sort. Might've been part of a trade that grew up as soon as he hit my scroll.

Good morning everyone!

Hey Lagie... see if you can understand this.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210429_201001.jpg

Looks Dutch to me, with sprinkles of English :lol:

Hi Ruby

XD

It's actually Afrikaans with sprinkles of English

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The Pink egg I just picked up from the AP.... https://dragcave.net/lineage/uIUV3

And with a fake 'luv' code no less.

'Luv'ly! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Hmm. @DragonSpirit009

"Hi Heleen. The painting looks really ?beautiful?. Many many thanks. [Um...] It's going to be used in the film that will be made within the year. You will definitely be credited in the end credits." 

How'd I do? (I did not use Google!) And congrats!

Sunny and bright. I hope the scattered rain scatterrains somewhere away from my shop today. Yesterday's shower was annoying and seems to have only hit us.

LAGIE!
*huggles*

You did well XD

Better than Fortune... which still makes me laugh

Spirit!

*huggles back*

Good to know, thanks! But I do have two advantages over her - knowing German, and having self-studied Afrikaans in high school (on LPs, no less). ;)

The German stuck. The Afrikaans, not as much, though it did help me understand some Dutch customers at a hotel I worked in in Germany one summer.

10 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

:blink: I don't remember acquiring or raising this Umbra.

It was stunned and ER when you accepted the trade. The story is that I noticed you saying you don't have a CB umbra yet on forum, and in the offer you asked for a CB cantor because you couldn't grab one yourself. :)

Spoiler

lbsoffer1.png.ff90682f05b0891216ef1c6c38387e05.png

I also signalled you to hold the trade for an egg I caught - looks like it was in complete vain. :D

Spoiler

lbsoffer2.png.98a5b442ad8c8a43167d2a90bd7258f1.png

I should have used a hatchie which would be placed after chrono in 1h signal. :D

By the way, is that how stunning works: the hatchie cannot grow up regarless if it has enough views?

1 minute ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

By the way, is that how stunning works: the hatchie cannot grow up regarless if it has enough views?

Yes. It gives it an extra 24 hours before growing up, during which time it cannot accumulate more views. At the end of the extra time, if it has enough views from before, it grows up immediately.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes. It gives it an extra 24 hours before growing up, during which time it cannot accumulate more views. At the end of the extra time, if it has enough views from before, it grows up immediately.

No, the extra one day has already expired and the hatcling was ER, but it still couldn't accumulate views for one more day. Maybe hatchlings don't grow up unless they get another view after reaching the threshold?

It gains 1 day to its countdown and has 2 days during which it cannot receive any view.

• Stun

Stun a hatchling, giving it an extra day before dying but preventing it from receiving views for two days.

Supposedly, the 2nd effect wears off upon the hatchling leaving the scroll.

I worded my question badly. I understand what stunning does on paper, but I don't understand how my '4d-left' hatchling did not grow up on my scroll. I would then assume because it needed the final view, but couldn't get one because the second effect of stun was still up.

That's right.

(Basically, it's invisible for 2 days)

((so, "stun" is narratively a misnomer :lol:))

4 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

It was stunned and ER when you accepted the trade. The story is that I noticed you saying you don't have a CB umbra yet on forum, and in the offer you asked for a CB cantor because you couldn't grab one yourself. :)

Hide contents

lbsoffer1.png.ff90682f05b0891216ef1c6c38387e05.png

I also signalled you to hold the trade for an egg I caught - looks like it was in complete vain. :D

Oh no, I thought you gave me the Zcode one, not the all lowercase. I thought came from a trade. Sorry. 😧

I accidentally influenced both Cantors to be males when I wanted a breeding pair, so I traded one.

Yeah, that was right before the new release, because I wasn't letting go of the Cantor eggs for NRs,

I have seen one Cantor in the biomes since then... and missed.

Thank you for the Umbra. 

I wish the trade notices we recieve were a permanent record we could review instead of scrolling and disappearing one.

Dagnabbit, fell for a fake Bauta, got a Honey Drake.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

It's going to be another warm day. :) I do hope the shop will be busy. It makes the time go faster. (My volunteer's Covid test was negative, thankfully, for anyone who remembers me saying she was going for one.)

Good Morning!

We had an extremely windy day yesterday -- gusts up to nearly 50 mph. All is calm now, though, so I might be able to get some outdoor things done today.

Glad to here that your volunteer's test was negative, Lagie.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We had an extremely windy day yesterday -- gusts up to nearly 50 mph. All is calm now, though, so I might be able to get some outdoor things done today.

Like figuring out where your stuff flew off to and who does this belong to?

58 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Like figuring out where your stuff flew off to and who does this belong to?

XD Something like that! And like cleaning up all the tree debris and stuff that blew into our yard from not just our trees, but everyone else's as well.

That can be a lot of debris when that happens. Happy cleaning up!

We did a four-digit day today! :)

And our Covid cases continue to rise. :(