Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Oh how often I've had comments about my German pronunciation of English :lol: So as long as you can pronounce them in your own mind, it works, I say.

My sentiments exactly. For one thing, no one is likely to hear me pronouncing my dragon names. When I yell at them (failed breeding, etc.) I am alone in the room and usually just call them "you stupid dragon" anyway. XD

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

usually just call them "you stupid dragon" anyway. XD

heh, that IS funny :lol:

So... the husband of one of my volunteers tested positive for Covid, so she went abruptly off to get tested. Please, please, please, be negative!

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

So... the husband of one of my volunteers tested positive for Covid, so she went abruptly off to get tested. Please, please, please, be negative!

oh yikes!!

how did banning your thief go?

I did not make it to my dentist appointment. My ride couldn't find my house. 

Capitalism and 40 years of Reaganomics = Let's see if you die before we pay out.

I've needed it pulled since before Easter.

I have 'yeah, the world will try to kill you if they can' Irish genes, though.

12 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Capitalism and 40 years of Reaganomics = Let's see if you die before we pay out.

maybe i'm missing something, but what does that have to do with your ride not finding your house?

Apparently the address the electric company assigned the place is more powerful than the physical location and the post office route it is on.

Nevermind that the electric company power station is over 20 miles away from here.

Also dummy-proofed computers.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

how did banning your thief go?

Her friend was remorseful and the main person seemed to regret being involved (esp. after the police were mentioned :P ), so the assistant shelter manager and I have given them a second chance. The friend is going to pay for the item she took (though you'd think that would have been the first thing she did today instead of buying other stuff and running out of money...).

Edited by Lagie
Typo

well.... that sounds good... for now.  hopefully she really is remorseful and understands everything, and doesn't squander her second chance.

:) 

Hmm. The one lady I think might be. The other, I'm not so sure. Between her anger issues and the "I'm Bahamian. Dis my land" comment which seemed to be her justification for taking stuff... and both the white people in front of her (me and asst man) said, "So am I." :rolleyes: I did not actually expect her to stay put and go shopping today, but she did.

1 minute ago, trystan said:

@Lagie - wow.  entitled people are everywhere.

@Long_Before_Sunrise - imma gonna pretend to understand that.....

They are. They are, indeed.

Yeah. That was a bit confusing.

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

They are. They are, indeed.

*sigh*

i'm recording my show so i can watch someone in charge make a speech in washington DC :) 

Sorry to hear you weren't able to get to your dentist appointment today @Long_Before_Sunrise.

I got to mine. After two hours of trying his best, the dentist decided that there just wasn't enough left of my tooth to anchor a new crown, so I will need to get it pulled.

There are issues with that due to the medication I am on for osteoporosis, so we will see what the oral surgeon has to say. I have a temporary crown on it for now, but that isn't likely to hold for long.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

@Long_Before_Sunrise - imma gonna pretend to understand that.....

The driver was looking for my house in a town I don't live in, because the computer didn't want to change the town. In a way, both towns are correct. One is the address that the electric company assigned it, because the electricity comes from the other town. But to get to my house, you have to be in the town closest to me, because a lot of roads dead end at water. The electric line actually is run across the water.

The electric company has no problem finding my neighborhood. Everyone who hasn't been out here does have problems finding it.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

fair.

how's this:  sounds like poor city/town/locality lack-of-planning

Accurate.

I got an almost word code: (3Weai) I thought the i was an L at first.