Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Yay for buttons! :) (bittons? Really?)

Mama cat has started coming again in the evenings for her wet food.

Toppage, page 421! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

(bittons? Really?)

the Typoe Monster strikes again!

yaay for mama at coming round again! :D 

It strikes far too often on my phone. :P

I hope we'll get to see the kittens soon so I can know when to snag her and spay her.

silly typoes!

yeah, that makes sense! 

some of my eggs will be hatching when I'm supposed to be in bed. I might take them out of hatcheries if they're still eggs before I actually go to sleep, and if they're still eggs in the morning, they'll hatch as soon as I put them back in one :)

it'll be warm here tomorrow - 87F during the day.  that's not how the end of april usually is!

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

it'll be warm here tomorrow - 87F during the day.  that's not how the end of april usually is!

That's what they're forecasting as the temperature here, too!

Just now, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's what they're forecasting as the temperature here, too!

twinsies! XD 

they're forecasting 84F as the high in the Philly suburbs, where i am. heh.

That's the part of the forecast they haven't changed since I checked last. Possible rain/thunderstorms now instead of tomorrow night, clouds and sun Wed-Thurs  then rain through the next week.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Tomorrow I need to ban our thief. Blerg.

Hope that goes as well as it can, Lagie. I'm sure it will not be pleasant.

We are unseasonably warm here (near Baltimore), too. And lots of rain predicted for the rest of the week. We are actually a bit short on rain for April, so that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I have a dentist appointment first thing tomorrow. That will not be pleasant, either!

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have a dentist appointment first thing tomorrow. That will not be pleasant, either!

I have one in the late afternoon tomorrow. It won't be pleasant, either.

21 hours ago, Lagie said:

Are the colours biome-based, @Fortune86?

That is what I have heard.

Morning peeps!

*starts constructing a pillow fort to protect from vengeful Spirit*

2 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

*starts constructing a pillow fort to protect from vengeful Spirit*

What did you do to Spirit?

Good morning CPA!

Looks like rain here, but hasn't started, yet.

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I have one in the late afternoon tomorrow. It won't be pleasant, either.

Sorry to hear that!

I'm dealing with a new dentist, since my previous one retired. Not sure, yet, how much confidence to have in this one. The only other tooth he has worked on so far is still not comfortable!

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Sorry to hear that!

I'm dealing with a new dentist, since my previous one retired. Not sure, yet, how much confidence to have in this one. The only other tooth he has worked on so far is still not comfortable!

New dentist for me, too. This'll be the first time he's worked on my teeth. His staff seem very kind and caring, though.

Sometimes when my teeth bother me, the herb echinacea helps. There's an old herbal book written by Jeanne Rose titled 'Herbs and Things' where she tells about having a lot of problems after dental work, and she took echinacea and used marsh mallow (the root of the plant) poultices to clear it up. Never had the opportunity to get marsh mallow root, but I've taken echinacea when my teeth were bothering me and it definitely helped. It won't cure an infection, but it got rid of some unpleasant sensations.

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hope that goes as well as it can, Lagie. I'm sure it will not be pleasant.

Unpleasant but better than expected. Now that we have the full story, the one lady will be paying for the item, and both will be given a one-time only second chance.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

It's raining here. I have only one functioning wiper, and of course it's not the driver's side. The car goes in Monday for repairs.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

It's raining here. I have only one functioning wiper, and of course it's not the driver's side. The car goes in Monday for repairs.

is it the wiper arm that's not moving? Have you checked to see if it's rusted or got debris caught in it? WD-40 or Liquid Wrench might loosen it if it's rusty.

TJ's hatchies are grown.

Magnesium Amphipteres - He changed some females to males, and the females face right and the males face left. The males both have blue spots. The volcano female has red and the desert female has teal. And attack with clouds of magnesium. I don't know where I read it, but that is not something you want to be on the recieving end of.

Sawtooth Dragons - slender snouted crocodiles with wings.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

i have names picked out for all my new dragons!!

and i'm gonna name the ones that have hatched even before they've gendered XD

but right after i do some fandom breeding!

Edited by trystan

What sound does letter "y" is supposed to make? I am naming my dragons without even knowing how they would be correctly pronounced. :D

what's the name, and i'll see if i can figure out how it could be pronounced?

meantime, i've named all my hatchies! :D

14 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

What sound does letter "y" is supposed to make? I am naming my dragons without even knowing how they would be correctly pronounced. :D

XD Probably doesn't matter much, since you don't ordinarily need to pronounce them. Some of my dragons have names that I am pretty sure are unpronounceable -- at least without leaving some of the letters silent.

I think y gets pronounced differently depending on where it is in a word and the letters that are around it.

Edited by purplehaze

Just now, purplehaze said:

I think y gets pronounced differently depending on where it is in a word and the letters that are around it.

and what language the word is from, too!

all of my dragon's names can be pronounced.  but i'm not sure of some of my Black Teas. (they're in here, near the top)

Looks pronouncable to me.

Y in many cases is a transition sound between i and the next vowel, for me. If it's at the end of a word, it's just like "ee" in "see", for me.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Looks pronouncable to me.

yes, but i'm sure my pronunciation in my american accent is horrendous to someone who speaks chinese! :D

Oh how often I've had comments about my German pronunciation of English :lol: So as long as you can pronounce them in your own mind, it works, I say.