Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

So do I XD

A lot depends on what the bedrooms and back garden is like though. 

2 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

And tomorrow is a public holiday for us.

On a Tuesday? That's an odd day for a holiday.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

The only thing I have to do today is pick up a newspaper. Makes a nice change from the usual errand running Mondays.

LAGIE!
*huggles*

It's Freedom day... It's a big deal here. But I don't really care much about it.

Good morning, CPA! Beautiful morning here!

And someone is running a chain saw out there somewhere already. Guess it is late enough to be legal, but it is annoying.

The house two doors down from us, which has been empty and pretty much neglected for the last 10 years or so is finally getting some attention. I understand the man's granddaughter is buying it from him. I can't imagine what it is like inside. The gas, water, and electricity have been shut off for at least the last 3 or 4 years. I never could figure out why he didn't just sell it when he moved out instead of letting it decline. The man who lives between us and that house even offered to buy it from him, but he wouldn't sell.

17 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

LAGIE!
*huggles*

It's Freedom day... It's a big deal here. But I don't really care much about it.

*huggles back*

Like Majority Rule Day here for me. I just enjoy the day off!

That's annoying, purplehaze. We had construction happening in one of the units here after it was sold but thankfully that seems to be finished.

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I never could figure out why he didn't just sell it when he moved out instead of letting it decline. The man who lives between us and that house even offered to buy it from him, but he wouldn't sell.

That's pretty normal for older folks who are unwilling to acknowledge their decline and they no longer have the strength or energy to do things they could do years before. Heavy duty wishful thinking.

21 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's pretty normal for older folks who are unwilling to acknowledge their decline and they no longer have the strength or energy to do things they could do years before. Heavy duty wishful thinking.

Except that he wasn't that old and not really declining at that point. He moved in with his girlfriend and I don't know if he hung on to it as insurance in case that didn't work out, or what. But he was only in his mid-sixties when he moved out. Maybe he did have a touch of dementia, though, because I understand he is declining now.

Lagie! 
*huggles* 

How was your weekend? Mine was alright. I went on a one day camping trip in Boy Scouts and played a lot of video games. Also, I’m reading a great book known as “The Lord of the Flies”. Very good book. I’m also rewatching Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb again, as both shows are amazing. Also

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

The house two doors down from us, which has been empty and pretty much neglected for the last 10 years or so is finally getting some attention. 

Speaking of purplehaze, there’s a house at the end of my side of the street that’s been abandoned for years, as the owners moved out around the time our family moved in. It seems the owners were actually illegal drug dealers, so that house was abandoned for about 7 years before just earlier this year, around January, someone moved in that old house. It’s very old and worn down so I hope they don’t have much of a hassle moving in. There’s a tree that was in some sort of planter box outside by the sidewalks and it look really weird because now it’s fully grown so it’s just a compressed rectangle of dirt with a 50 year old tree right outside the house. 

10 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Let me just go and post on all these threads that currently list trystan as the last poster.

how well did that work out for you? XD

so tomorrow i can incubate some of my new release dragons, and i'll see how the color scheme goes on the volcano and desert ones.

and this past thursday, i totally forgot about breeding some of my fandom pairs, so maybe i can do that tomorrow as well.

i also have my second Winter x Equinox pair that i didn't breed last night, on account of the fact that i'm egg-locked with the new ones! XD  if they don't give me a Spring, i'm going to see if Chione would like someone new next week. XD (gotta check how many purples i have too!) 

and finally, i'll get a random egg that's red from the AP and see if Kalona is successful in biting it and it staying on my scroll for another fandom dragon. (my scroll kicked out the egg Neferet bit the other day. ugh)

....and this is why i have a spreadsheet! XD

1 hour ago, Gavvv24 said:

Also, I’m reading a great book known as “The Lord of the Flies”. Very good book.

We had to read that one (and analyze it to death) in school. Some teachers can kill even the best of all books, I suppose, especially when they force you to focus on details you'd rather just skip over because they're icky.

9 minutes ago, trystan said:

....and this is why i have a spreadsheet! XD

Only one? By that description, I'd have assumed a whole dozen of them! :lol:

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Only one? By that description, I'd have assumed a whole dozen of them! :lol:

just one. but it has 4 main sheets that i use! (9 total, the other 5 are just record keeping and notes.)

Mine has ...

- a list of all breeds with certain details like body type, biomes, alignment and more (minus the current release for lack of names)

- a bingo sheet :lol:

- a few sheets for lineage plans, e.g. this was planned using a sheet: https://dragcave.net/lineage/n/Ashley Alright

- and a list of egg descriptions that I can easily filter and sort how I like - the wiki page is too limited for that XD also for bingo things like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/pP8dx

so here's what i got:

my main sheets:

-list of all of them by date the egg created. mainly this is my chronological list; the order i got them in.  i also have a fields for: if i've named them for a fandom; if they're part of a lineage like Dorkface (also color-coded); and notes if i got it from someone; or the AP; or a raffle of sorts

-breed sort, sorted alphabetically by breed, which is then chronological by acquisition. it has all the same fields as the main page

-a sheet with my Seasonal x Equinox breeding schematic

-a sheet for my fandom dragons, featuring the fandom field first, and sorted alphabetically by fandom, then chronological by acquisition again. this also has all the same fields as the main page

additional record-keeping sheets:

Spoiler

-my Z'dragons

-lineages, color-coded by Dorkface, DataMonster Survivors Lineage Project (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gens), and Mudita

-others' dragons who have adopted Dune names or lineages (that i'm aware of.  some time ago this was deemed a 'personal' lineage, so there may be more (or not?) Dune dragons out there)

-name sort, sorted alphabetically by name so i don't have toooo many multiple same first names; also an easy search for the A-Z Dragon Names thread XD

-a page that lists all the unique breeds i have (to compare with my scroll to make sure the numbers match); a list with the breeds i don't have; a list of my groups with the dragon that represents them; and various groups of dragons - names of the Valentines, Holidays, and Halloween breeds, notes for how to get the Cantors, colors of Pargulus pygmies, where which Xeno and Zyu are found and their colors; and which eggs i still need to view to unlock them in the Encyclopedia

yep. *nods*

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

colors of Pargulus pygmies, where which Xeno and Zyu are found and their colors

For those, I use groups. Click the colour I want to see where I got it from :lol: Also, Baikala, Copper, Two-Headed Lindwyrms.

I certainly would never dream of trying to organize my 12,500+ creatures in a sheet - it would crash all the time!

47 minutes ago, trystan said:

how well did that work out for you? XD

Very well, actually. I had the whole page, except the Bingo. :P

I was expecting jJedi_Master_1 to come post behind me, but when I looked this morning, it was mostly Lagie.

21 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I certainly would never dream of trying to organize my 12,500+ creatures in a sheet - it would crash all the time!

yeah, i only have 1449 dragons right now! XD

16 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Very well, actually. I had the whole page, except the Bingo. :P

I was expecting jJedi_Master_1 to come post behind me, but when I looked this morning, it was mostly Lagie.

very nice!

and yeah, that's accurate! :D

5 hours ago, Gavvv24 said:

Lagie! 
*huggles* 

How was your weekend? Mine was alright.

*latehuggles back*

I'm enjoying my weekend! Sunday/Monday are my weekend days. I've been tidying house, mostly, and sorting Lego. I also managed to have coffee with a good friend this morning, first time in a few weeks.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

this was planned using a sheet: https://dragcave.net/lineage/n/Ashley Alright

That's gorgeous!

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

when I looked this morning, it was mostly Lagie.

Yup, yup. :D

I have - let's see - my master spreadsheet, every dragon in scroll order, with their name, code (in blue if they're described), lineage, sex, date laid, hatched, matured, mate, source. The whole line is purple if they're a Z. Second tab of that has the totals I have of each breed, with where to get them, and if I have a Z. Third tab is a currently idle PB mint lineage.

The second spreadsheet is the mini-scroll which has the dragons that have yet to be shifted to their permanent spots. Once they're shifted, the info is transfered to the master list. I have a tab there for my red dorsals and for my Duggar frostbites.

The third spreadsheet has a defunct first tab of my dragons' names in alphabetical order, second tab of my Z dragons (name and if they're at Lairs), and third tab of my Almost Cool Code dragons.

Aside from deciding where each breed goes on my scroll, making sure the info is in all those various spots takes a while. XD I also have a powerpoint of my described dragons so I can read it kind of like a book of short stories, name, description, image, dragon link in the notes along with any reviewer comments.

There'll be a quiz on this tomorrow. Study it well. ;)

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

every dragon in scroll order, with their name, code (in blue if they're described), lineage, sex, date laid, hatched, matured, mate, source.

oh, in that case, the fields on my main pages are: code, name, breed, gender, source*, date created, father, mother, date hatched, date grew up**, fandom (if applicable), lineage (if applicable), and notes  (again, if applicable)

*source is cave-born, bred, adopted (either from the AP or from someone in trade), summoned, raffle, or market (i think that's all of them)

**or "frozen @s1" or "frozen @s2" depending on the stage i froze them at

Self-bred, AP, whoever's name... source has many variations! I can tell by my male/female/* at which stage I froze them. XD

The Hunger Games turns out to be a good movie to sort Lego to. I had two containers to sort, figured I'd get one done, finished the second just as the end credits finished. :D Now do I watch it again for the remaining bagful...?

I don't have the next one, alas. It hasn't yet come in to my shop. (There are no longer DVD stores here.)

My car service and parts place stopped doing servicing in January. :( Now where do I take my car?!?

why are there no longer DVD stores there? amazon?

gah! where do you take your car? :blink:

Well, we never had technically legal ones to begin with. Super Video was all pirated but generally reliable. Now you get your 'bought' DVDs from fly-by-night stands outside the food store and who knows what the quality is. Hence my preferring to get my DVDs from my shop as they're mainly originals. (My Doctor Who ones were in fact bought from Amazon! Back in the days when you could get them sent here. Now the shipping and customs charges and duty and VAT makes it not worth it, even if we had international mail, which we don't.)

I gave up on the bush mechanic after a couple of weird incidents, and I gave up on the dealership two cars ago when they kept my car for sixteen weeks for a fairly simple repair. The other general place hasn't a good reputation.