Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Always. They always want what you've already tossed. It's one of the Dragon Cave versions of Murphy's Law. XD

Damn. You right. You bloody well right, I say.

*holds up a Pargulus Pygmy egg*

With this in my hand, I have the power to Cancel trades! 🦹‍♂️ 

It's a cursed power, but it is a Power!

5 hours ago, trystan said:

{{hugs LongBeforeSunrise}}

*hugs*

I'll try not to curse trystan.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:
6 hours ago, trystan said:

{{hugs LongBeforeSunrise}}

*hugs*

I'll try not to curse trystan.

eh, i don't mind the cursing. :) 

work wasn't too awful, so that's good

3 hours ago, trystan said:

work wasn't too awful, so that's good

Lucky you! ;)

The shop day part of my work was fine. The almost three hours of checking video footage afterwards ... not so much.

It's a kind of long story, but here you go:

On Thursday, one of our 'every single day always super early' customers (we have a couple of these) told one of my volunteers that sometimes in the mornings while she is waiting (I discovered on the video she arrives at 6:30 a.m. and we don't open till 11 a.m.), people drive up with donations and then another car arrives, picks up the donations, and leaves (meaning we lose out). She added that the car taking the stuff was one of our customers but she wasn't naming names.

So I let the shelter manager know and one of the early staff and the assistant shelter manager as well so they could please keep an eye out for donations outside the shop when they arrive in the mornings.

I did not have time to check the video footage until today, and since she had told us on Thursday, I decided to start with Wednesday.

I see her arrive at 6:30 a.m. with the sun barely up, and soon she and another lady are chatting at the front of her car. At about 8:05 a.m. a car pulls up and a lady drops off what seems to be an open-topped duffel bag shaped donation, then she drives off. 

Second lady, not the one who reported to us, saunters over and checks the contents, stands up, plays innocent, checks the contents again, then moves the whole thing closer to the other lady.

You know where this is going, right?

First lady, the one who reported the thefts to us, then looks in the donation, stands up, looks innocent, distracts the world by opening her hatchback, then closing it again, and then the two of them stand and chat for a bit.

About 8:15 a.m. the lady who reported that people were stealing our donations STEALS our DONATION by opening the back door of her car and placing it inside.  Both ladies then get in the car and chat in the car for a while, and are innocently chatting when my first volunteer shows up about 9:30 a.m. and they then shopped that day AND Thursday AND today.

Now we know why she arrives so freaking early every day. So she can steal our stuff before we even know it's there.

I will be going to the shop very early on Wednesday to let her know she is no longer welcome and should she return, the police will be called.

Sigh. How stupid can you get? If she'd kept her mouth shut, we might never have bothered to check the cameras. (She didn't know we had cameras.)

Isn't it? *shakes her head in disbelief* I'm not looking forward to the speaking with her. She has a pattern of swearing, extreme yelling, and violence, from what we've seen of her interactions outside the shop.

Never seen this before. There are no eggs in the cave. Is that normal?

new release!  the eggs only show up in their biomes (volcano, desert, and jungle, in this case) every five minutes.... until whenever the release is done flooding

Edited by trystan
clarification

14 minutes ago, trystan said:

new release!  

*headdesk* I went to bed, not even thinking about it.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Is everyone happily locked with new release eggs yet?

I still need the jungle ones, but I have an extra desert I will need to drop in five hours.

Not a single one. There's 70 grabby hands eagerly hovering over the biomes.

And my phone loves to lag at the 5 minute intervals.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

so now that i've been back to being active for like the last 2 years, i make sure all my eggs are hatched by every saturday night.... because while the new releases are generally the 4th sunday of the month, no - still don't trust that! XD 

before i shut down my computer last night, i had 1 volcano, 1 desert, and 4 jungle.  but i ended up getting 2 more desert while on my phone!  but after seeing the sprites and reading a few things, i swapped out one of my deserts for another volcano.  so now i have 2 volcano (influenced m&f); 2 desert (influenced m&f); and 4 jungle (influenced 2 m & 2 f).  once mine start hatching, i'll stalk the volcano and desert for two more of each.... maybe.  we'll see what the adults look like.

nice code, Lagie!!

the going thought with the colors is the biome it's from - like florets or the pargulus

Hmm. I like all the codes I got from the desert. I have two S's and two T's. I'm definitely keeping the TARDIS so if I want to drop two later (4 p.m.) to get a volcano pair, it will have to be the S pair.

Indeed.

The nice thing about Sunday releases is that the weekly shards add up quickly.

Ok, I got two Volcanos now. I thought I just gotten the one. 

Well done!

What I like about those eggs is that grey is spelled properly in their description! :D

congrats, LongBeforeSunrise!

LOL Lagie.... it's the way everyone else spells grey (americans are weird. my computer knows i spell it grey!)

Cantor: Chirp!

Jungle NR: Chirp!

Siyat: Chirp! Chirp! Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!

:huh:

Gray is usually used as a personal name, but not always.

I have a Volcano all caps and a Jungle fake-out all caps. The jungle code starts with RlG. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Chirp is jungle. *chirps*

Now to wait till I can drop that extra.

I grabbed too many of the volcano babies, so I am waiting until they are old enough to drop so I can try the jungle ones again. I only had room for one of them.

Anyone need a volcano one or two in about an hour?  Gone!

Edited by purplehaze

2 hours ago, trystan said:

velociraptors also reportedly chirped too....

Didn't they say "HOMPK"?