Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Hooray for relaxing! Wish I could do the same XD GF got a yellow slip from the doctor today (a piece of paper that allows her to call in sick at work - I've been told calling in sick means in other places of the world that you would lose vacation days or salary.) Now she is happy that I told her to go to the doctor with her elbow issues :lol:

Also, I totally stole your first-post-on-new-page XD

Glad she got a day off for it! We have ten sick days per year where I work. If you take a single day, that's fine. If you need two or more, you need a doctor's slip.

That's okay. Now I get to cuff you!XD

Now to clean more Lego.

thanks Spirit! {{hugs}}

ok, so question: let's say your toilet tank still keeps running a little bit.  turns out one of the screws in the tank is loose.  so you turn off the water, tighten the screw, and then turn the water back on, close the tank lid and that's that.  right?  sometime after all this, i get up from a sound sleep go to go use the toilet, and upon pushing the handle, it barely moves.  after being asked if he's done anything to said toilet, hubby goes back in the bathroom and is now concerned that since he's turned the water back on, why isn't the tank filing?  i remember we got a coupon book in the mail the other day, and there's one in there for plumbing repairs.  i leave it on the table for him, and go back to bed for a little bit - i don't have to actually be up for another hour. 

about a 1/2 hour later, i'm not really back asleep, so i pad back out of the bedroom with a crazy suggestion - maybe he tightened the screw a little toooo much? nah, i'm the one that's screwy, but okay.... he'll humor me.  i go up to use our other bathroom - which is quite literally above the other bathroom..... and i hear water running, and the tank is now filling up. i finish what i need to do, and go back downstairs, and he says huh, i was right.  and i'm all "ooh, i just guessed at that?" and "ah, i guess the screw can be tightened too much?"

no - if something doesn't work, and you tweak A, B, and C to try to fix something but it's still not right, and you put back C and B to where they were before, and it's STILL not right? you put back A to where it was before too. (i've fixed enough random things here and there, from toilets to computers, so i might have a little idea about what to do...)

so - am i the only one who sees that, or am i the weird one out?

....edit to add: at my desk job, we get days off, i think i might be up to like 15 or 20 days per year? i have NO idea. but i can use them as personal, vacation, doctor visits days.... at my retail job, if i take off or call out, i don't get paid for that day.  that's american retail for ya.

Edited by trystan

yeah, i get that.  but i'd like to think that hubby ought to know how logic and these things work... he's been around me and my repairing of things for 26 and a half years....

.... oh wait.  if something needs to be fixed, i fix it and he's made himself scarce. huh.

But hey, he said you were right! Many partners don't even get that little from their other half XD

it was a backward "oh yeah! it worked.... after i thought it sounded crazy!" i was right.

he's a goofy one, that one. XD

19 hours ago, trystan said:

Aunt Ina had been declining with her memory for a while, and had been in a nursing home for about 6 months.  her last zoom chat with her daughter was a good one, so there's that. :) 

Still I am sure your mother feels the loss, as does everyone else who loved her. *Hugs to all*

Odd. I had an Aunt Ina, too. (Actually a great aunt) But I have never run across anyone else with that name!

thanks LongBeforeSunrise {{hugs back}}

i've managed to find my Equinoxes.  i'm still stalking the Alpine for a CB winter XD 

Good luck with that!

I haven't yet managed any dragon shifting but at least my initial spreadsheet is now up-to-date.

heh thanks!  i got this breeding idea.... i'll post a screenshot... after i'm done with my dinner, so in a little bit! :D 

edit: here's what i got so far - 

Spoiler

8FPRc6R.png

start at the top right and slightly downward, that's my male Winter/female Equinox pairing - i breed them on the equinox to get a Spring.  then my bred Spring and CB Equinox pairing - breed those on Solstice for a summer, and so forth, where the offspring are male seasonals.  

at the bottom right and slightly upward, that's the female Winter/male Equinox pairing, and the offspring are female seasonals.

the names are my family names, or in the case of some of the dragons to the right, actual names XD 

(and i love how my mouse arrow is over the m on Tyr. XD)

Edited by trystan
to add my screenshot

Very cool! Hope it works well!

I have named all but one of my pending 'to be moved' dragons (bar the CB mints which usually remain unnamed until bred). I'm happy about that.

The people I am house sitting for both managed to get the Johnson & Johnson shot today.

thanks Lagie!

every time I see a seasonal in the alpine... *poof* someone else got it :blink:

yaay for people getting vaccinated!

Eeps. And not much time left to get those this season.

Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of mosquitoes* :rolleyes:

well I do have one CB male winter.  I can always adjust the line with female CB seasonal to start with summer SPRING if I need too.

g'night Lagie! leave the mosquitoes there,  please! 

Edited by trystan
typo, of course

O.O

Do I need to invest my stimulus in Off! mosquito repellent?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

well I do have one CB male winter.  I can always adjust the line with female CB seasonal to start with summer if I need too.

i can breed you a Summer from Winters at the mid-summer solstice .... assuming vainly we remember that long.

how bad are the mosquitoes where you are, LongBeforeSunrise? if they're pretty bad, maybe?

4 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

i can breed you a Summer from Winters at the mid-summer solstice .... assuming vainly we remember that long.

thanks..... but the starting seasonal one would need to be CB. 

and i made a typo (as i'm wont to do!) i can adjust the female CB seasonal start to start with spring if i need to.

my CB winter male and CB equinox female will be breeding once the spring dragons appear.  the idea is a Spring on the first try..... but we shall see how that goes! XD 

*looks over at you accusingly*

Why didn't you remind me to buy Cheetos Cheeze Puffs?

It's on your to-do list.

*is confident that your to-do list is long enough that it'll take a strenuous search to disprove this*

18 hours ago, trystan said:

ok, so question: let's say your toilet tank still keeps running a little bit.  turns out one of the screws in the tank is loose. 

Usually we replace the flapper, the part that covers the hole to let the water out, that lifts up when you push the lever and drop down when the water drains out. They become a bit warped over time.

12 hours ago, trystan said:

i breed them on the equinox to get a Spring

When is Equinox this year? If you caught a Winter today, would it grow up in time?

Also ... considering how new Equinoxes are, how many years do you think it will take to get the first Seasonal out of such a pairing? XD

(We may need to do some Equinox massbreedings beforehand)

E.g. my attempts at a plain purple/green lineage got me five Equinoxes and zero Rifts:

pNKqn 6w0s6 HrCu9 veLEM tc9tX

E.g. my attempts at a plain purple/green lineage got me five Equinoxes and zero Rifts:

pNKqn 6w0s6 HrCu9 veLEM tc9tX

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Mmm. Pickles.

Curious George is learning about pickles today.