Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

i got another email from the library that another one of my books is available for pick up.  that's three books between now and March 24th.  but.... i can stagger the pick-ups, so they're not all due at the same time.  so my next pick up at the library will be either monday or tuesday. 

tomorrow is my liquid diet day in preparation for my procedure on friday.

all but two of my eggs will be hatched by tomorrow.  i'm thinking of hatching those two tomorrow as well, and if i don't get them in a hatchery friday afternoon or evening, they'll still be fine until saturday. :D

Ruby and LongBeforeSunrise - yep - clear broth soup, and i have some, so that's lunch and dinner.  hot tea and water throughout the day.

does not sound like a fun day. ugh.

Can someone bounce an egg for me to try to remove Influence?

7 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Can someone bounce an egg for me to try to remove Influence?

i can - i have an open egg slot. :)

Bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy fun fun fun fun fun...

I know there are some other words in there. XD

I think I'm going to put something in the paper myself since my cousins can't be bothered to.

The wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one!

I was a fan of The Blustery Day when I was small.

:D Eeyore was always my favourite character.

Urgh. Something bit me. An ant, I think. It's not the usual mosquito bite reaction.

@Lagie when i get bitten by mosquitos i often get a somewhat bad reaction :( Bite tends to be the size of a 10 cent (in my country (not america)).

Speaking of coins, what do the coins where you live look like?

@SomeRandomCorviknight - what country are you in, if you don't mind answering? :) 

american coins:

american-coins-picture-id537516587

penny (1 cent), dime (10 cents), nickel (5 cents), quarter (25 cents), where 100 cents is 1 dollar.

as i don't have any coins within reach, they might be about that actual size or a little smaller?

Edited by trystan

trystan forgot to add all the State Quarters. Not many have seen the National Parks quarters with the mom and baby fruit bats on the back.

that's a LOTTA quarters.  i can take a pic of all my state quarters! XD 

my mom told me that a family friend had the same procedure as i'm having on friday, but family friend had no anesthesia... what the-- yikes. 

There's always someone who tries to be helpful in a very unhelpful way. Sometimes I've been that person.

5 hours ago, trystan said:

@SomeRandomCorviknight - what country are you in, if you don't mind answering? :) 

american coins:

american-coins-picture-id537516587

penny (1 cent), dime (10 cents), nickel (5 cents), quarter (25 cents), where 100 cents is 1 dollar.

as i don't have any coins within reach, they might be about that actual size or a little smaller?

dunno how big american coins are,never been there. Diameter of 10 cents in my location is 23.60 mm

5 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

There's always someone who tries to be helpful in a very unhelpful way. Sometimes I've been that person.

That's why I don't tell anyone how my gastroscopy went - except for doctors, they have to suffer all the details! XD

4 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

dunno how big american coins are,never been there. Diameter of 10 cents in my location is 23.60 mm

US 10 cents is about 19 mm. Sounds like your 10 cent piece is about the size of our nickel (5 cents) which is about 22 mm.

Good morning CPA! Today is my walking day with my friends for this week. It is supposed to be quite warm (up to 77 F for the high) today. But it will not be that warm yet in an hour when we start walking. I think it is only about 40 F right now.

My daughter had minor surgery yesterday. All went well. Now we await the pathology report, which the doctor feels should be negative for malignancy.

Edited by purplehaze

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

9 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

bahamas-coins-full-set-isolated-white-ba

The 25 cent piece is the same size as the US one. In fact, US currency is equivalent to ours so people here use both. The 15 cent coin is rarely seen now, and the pennies stopped being legal tender on Dec 31st. We have till June to turn them in to the bank. (Our shelter turned that into a fundraiser; we have raised over $12,000 in just pennies! :o ) I didn't even know we had a one dollar coin until I saw this picture. We certainly never use them.

Wow you have some pretty coins! I love the 10 cents one :D

Which one is the penny? All I see are cents.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Wow you have some pretty coins! I love the 10 cents one :D

Which one is the penny? All I see are cents.

We do! The penny is the one cent at the bottom right. We have some colourful bills, too, but the $1 and $10 look too much alike as now do the new $5 and $20 bills.

11 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

These are our coins.... But the 1 cent, 2 cent and 5 cent don't get used anymore

Spoiler

image.png.12c3863345d6ba9a2b43427479d62268.png

lots of cool coins!!

thanks for a measurement, purplehaze.  i meant to see if hubby had any coins with his wallet this morning, and then totally forgot.

today is my liquid diet day.  i mentioned to my boss that i hope i don't get any "lack of proper food headaches" and she said she'd never heard of that! (i googled, and yeah, it's a real thing.) my boss is.... something else.

Good morning CPA (well, those who are on similar timezones to me, that is... for others.. good afternoon/ night CPA! It's 6:30 AM

Those coins are so cool! I've never heard of "lack of proper food headaches" before - can someone send me a link so i can read about it? I like reading about random things like that and i don't know what to search for.

9 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

These are our coins.... But the 1 cent, 2 cent and 5 cent don't get used anymore

Hide contents

image.png.12c3863345d6ba9a2b43427479d62268.png

Pretty!

Yup, I get food grumpies not headaches but I know others who do.