Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

9 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

For those of us who have been following politics and are not supporters, the past five years of Trump have been surreal, and it was a rare day the firehose of lies, scandals and threats wasn't blasting. It's wasn't uncommon for someone to say, "Last year..." and the event they were talking about happened 2-4 months ago. So it's led to some creative humorous theories on why time is out of synch and the world is not as you knew it. 

It still feels surreal. After all the anticipation and dread, he left the WH quietly.

oh i completely get that.  there was just so. much. @#$$%^&*@! in the last four and change years.  as we say at the end of NaNo - TGIO - thank gods it's over!

in fact, i've even shared a meme that kinda reflects how i feel after all that time....it's back here~ (i'll also put it in it's appropriate thread as well)

Spoiler

139177890_1847533878728185_8721143832967004798_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-kXPJfgUd5AAX_9eo1a&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=e0ef30e6cc1109558b91a2aa63226ec7&oe=602FA6A4

That's a good one!

@Long_Before_Sunrise, you need to have some kind of chat in your post, not just a smiley, please. (And do try to not double post. ;) )

Busy lucrative shop day. We are definitely keeping our shelter afloat.

But... had a near shouting match with someone who blamed the whole waiting outside while others shopped on it being run by white people from out of the country, and I - born in the country, great grandmother a slave - snapped at him. I forgot to tell him to take it up with the black Prime Minister since he's the one who set the limits on how many shoppers we can have at a time.

4 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

oh boy 😕

tensions are probably still high. hopefully it'll get better though.

I'm not in the U.S. thank goodness.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Something about the direction of the wind this morning has brought vehicle exhaust fumes into my house, and now I can't seem to stop sneezing. (I have weird allergies. :rolleyes: )

14 hours ago, Lagie said:

@Long_Before_Sunrise, you need to have some kind of chat in your post, not just a smiley, please. (And do try to not double post. ;) )

Sorry, Lagie. 

I'm looking at the offspring of one of my holiday dragons (the original breed). The mother is a Pink named Cocoa With Imaginary Friends. All the offspring except one that is unnamed are named after the Pink, not the holiday father.

In fact, she has the most named offspring. Most of the other holiday offspring remain unnamed.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Speaking of distortions of time, Sean Hannity (intrepid Trump worshipper) apparently panned Biden's "Disastrous First Week" after only a day and a half! XD I guess because he got as much done in a day and a half as Trump could accomplish in a week. I suspect he was upset because just about everything Biden did was to undo disastrous Trump actions.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Speaking of distortions of time, Sean Hannity (intrepid Trump worshipper) apparently panned Biden's "Disastrous First Week" after only a day and a half! XD I guess because he got as much done in a day and a half as Trump could accomplish in a week. I suspect he was upset because just about everything Biden did was to undo disastrous Trump actions.

Probably. And he was trying to make it seem like the 400,000+ Americans who died of Covid died on Biden's watch. :blink:

@trystanThis is VERY sad news.  :( :(

Slowish shop today, and I finally remembered to learn my forum password so I could log in from work.

Edited by Lagie

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

*sigh*

i posted a video from comedy central's daily show from instagram on facebook about a number of things that faux news people are complaining about Biden - he uses notecards? he called out white supremacists? Rand Paul got all over that one, taking it a little too personal, methinks... 🤔 yep

39 minutes ago, Lagie said:

oh i KNOW. :( :( 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Off early to pick up the jewellery. See you this afternoon!

And before I forget -

In the afternoon sun:

Screenshot_20210121-164616.thumb.jpg.59a829cf96fd31d423d4769d2d83424f.jpg

In the morning light:

Screenshot_20210121-083813.thumb.jpg.d5b7ebf290f3068131c93e7c4fff170f.jpg

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

And before I forget -

In the afternoon sun:

In the morning light:

Oh, its beautiful. It reminds me of the Rain Wilds in the series of books written by Robin Hobb.

😐 *stares at a public trade asking for a bloodswap for a Magi egg with a messy 18G lineage*

Is this the DC version of a Rickroll? 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

oooh that's awesome, Lagie!

i worked this morning, and while i feel like i want to take a nap, i know i won't.  i have tv shows to catch up on, but probably on monday.  i can ask hubby if he minds if i watch my shows, and he'll say "that's fine," but he'll make it sound like it's a big inconvenience, so... monday.

in the meantime, i'm crocheting again. i'm still in the green in the rainbow blanket for my nephew.  it doesn't help that each row is longer than the one before, because i'm working it around from the center out. so there's that. XD 

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Oh, its beautiful. It reminds me of the Rain Wilds in the series of books written by Robin Hobb.

Those were awesome books! :D

Yay for crocheting!

I'm still at work, about to leave.  We had a slowish jewellery sale but a good shop day.  I stress on these days, though, so really look forward to heading home to relax.

Hey :) It's been a few years, though @Lagie and I have been in touch elsewhere. How's everyone doing?

1 hour ago, Parakeet13 said:

Hey :) It's been a few years, though @Lagie and I have been in touch elsewhere. How's everyone doing?

:D Welcome back!

Everyone, this is the expert who gave Trotsky his Christmas hat! (I only just changed it back this afternoon, oddly enough. XD )

i'm freezing, but that seems normal now for Nassau nights. I'm watching Maleficent on DVD and pigging out on popcorn.

*waves* hullo there @Parakeet13!

i watched one of my shows when hubby was napping XD 

i've got two rounds (4 rows) left of the green finally.  y'know, 7 rows/rounds of each color is a pain in my butt.  who designed this silly blanket??

.... oh, right XD 

2 hours ago, Parakeet13 said:

Good to see you popping in. It has been a long time.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i've got two rounds (4 rows) left of the green finally.  y'know, 7 rows/rounds of each color is a pain in my butt.  who designed this silly blanket??

.... oh, right XD 

And next is ... purple? ;)

I'm watching Babylon 5 now that Maleficent is done. :( So many of their cast have died.

Edited by Lagie
And that's the episode I'm on! XD

erm, no.  next is blue.  then the purple. *sigh*

yay for B5 though.... {{hugs Lagie}}

Good to see you both, Lagie and Purple :) Sorry it's cold :(

And nice to meet you Trystan.

It's not cold here but it is super COVID so that's something 🤷‍♀️

Super Covid is super scary! You're wearing your mask and social distancing, right?

I'm still doing the double mask even though are numbers are looking better and better.