Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning everyone!

*sigh*

I'm doing a car search again.

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

Nope I'm just nervous about something happening again

I notice its my 15 year work year this year.

So maybe I might get half a salary bonus in June.

Nice!

I have no idea how long I've been working. My sense of time is completely fudged. 

Actually Rachelle reminded me. Cause we both started working at the same time XD

That's a good long time, Spirit. I hope they do recognize it.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Again with the chilly morning. I am heartily tired of this.

younger daughter really ought to do the car search again - the Bug is a money pit. *sigh*

younger daughter also asked me if i want to go on a daring adventure to staples tonight after dinner XD

Ugh, the well pump put up a long fight over being primed. Finally, after giving me lingering heartburn and some light-headedness from leaning over it, it surrendered in satisfaction and started doing its job. :dry:

Staples is fun, though, @trystan. Enjoy! ;)

Well pump? You don't have city water, @Long_Before_Sunrise?

I got two things done of the four on my list for today. I guess half is better than nothing! We still have over 500 animals in our shelter.

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Staples is fun, though, @trystan. Enjoy! ;)

well, yes, it is fun :) 

we might also be stopping at Barnes & Noble - younger daughter is looking for a planner, we'll see what's left.

edit - over 500 animals??

when hubby wins a nice-sized lottery, we can take the cats - his dream is having a cat sanctuary! :) 

Edited by trystan

32 minutes ago, trystan said:

well, yes, it is fun :) 

we might also be stopping at Barnes & Noble - younger daughter is looking for a planner, we'll see what's left.

edit - over 500 animals??

when hubby wins a nice-sized lottery, we can take the cats - his dream is having a cat sanctuary! :) 

Yay B&N!

And that would be awesome!

We are, if all goes well, sending 150 cats and kittens to Nova Scotia in two months' time. And 70 adult dogs, so long as they are heartworm free.

I don't get it, @Long_Before_Sunrise. ? Did you zombify something?

23 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yay B&N!

We are, if all goes well, sending 150 cats and kittens to Nova Scotia in two months' time. And 70 adult dogs, so long as they are heartworm free.

I don't get it, @Long_Before_Sunrise. ? Did you zombify something?

It's in the lineage of an old 8G messy silver  7G Gold Prize dragon I have (turns out I have the silver's father). Santa was one of the original Holiday dragons. The owner of the scroll is no longer active.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

51 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The owner of the scroll is no longer active.

And killed Santa before leaving, which upset numerous people who had offspring. :( I don't think I have any of his descendents.

33 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And killed Santa before leaving, which upset numerous people who had offspring. :( I don't think I have any of his descendents.

Maybe it was a tribute to the 2008 meme with the blonde child screaming in tears shopped onto a photo of a grave marker with 'Santa Claus 1836-2000"? 

56 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

*raises hand* I have one. :(

My first ever Holly, in fact.

I have grown weary of the generator noise every single night from the food truck at the club near us.

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

*raises hand* I have one. :(

My first ever Holly, in fact.

I have grown weary of the generator noise every single night from the food truck at the club near us.

Time to find some speakers and a recording of dogs barking out a song?

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

oh yaaay! kitties and doggos get homes! :)

no B&N - she found stuff at staples. :D 

but i totally didn't look at chairs - since Angel stole hubby's new home office chair, he's been contemplating getting another one - for himself XD 

Spoiler

90jyy6f.jpg

21 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Time to find some speakers and a recording of dogs barking out a song?

That would be fun! But I'd probably irritate my neighbours and upset the cats. XD

Of course the cat has its own chair! Hubby will need his too.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Of course the cat has its own chair! Hubby will need his too.

of course she does!

and yep. XD 

but the cat's like.... 13? 18? she's an old lady.

Ah, so deserves her own chair for sure!

Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of sour cream and onion potato chips*

yes she does.  there's a little more to her story that we know, but so much we don't.

Angel was left in a carrier outside the rescue for the volunteers to find her - they don't know how long she'd been out there.  they think she's about 13, but she could be older.....a day or so before, a woman came in and said "can you guys take my mom's 18-year-old cat?" the people at the rescue said they don't do surrenders.  and then the senior cat in the carrier shows up.  that's just too coincidental to me and hubby.  this was sometime in september, 2020.  Angel was in cage with the door open, but she never interacted with the other cats.  she would hiss and bap with claws out.  hubby really wanted to give her a second chance (if you remember the kitty from the beginning of december, Cassie, that didn't make it).... en route to getting Angel we adopted Harvey and Luna! finally we brought Angel home on new year's day..... and she lets us pet her and she purrs, and even sits on hubby's lap.  she'll still hiss at the other cats, and sometimes the humans when she's had enough pets, and she has her crabby moods, but otherwise, she's a good kitty too. :D