Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

bah, sorry to hear that, Lagie :(

spririt - red pandas! i love red pandas! so cute!

also, i started a new game, A to Z Fictional Characters.  there's one on one of my other forums, but i didn't see one here.

also also, what's the rule on reviving threads that haven't been posted in?  there's an ABC critters thread that was last posted in back in June 2020 that i wanted to poke.... is this something i can do?

20 minutes ago, trystan said:

also also, what's the rule on reviving threads that haven't been posted in?  there's an ABC critters thread that was last posted in back in June 2020 that i wanted to poke.... is this something i can do?

Yep! Especially in the game forum there is no problem with reviving old stuff.

Cold here today and we are expecting sleet and freezing rain here later in the day. I would much rather have snow!

Lagie, sorry your sleep gets disturbed so much. You have a rooster in the neighborhood? Our next-door neighbor has 16 chickens, but no rooster. I hear the chickens often, but only in the daytime.

24 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yep! Especially in the game forum there is no problem with reviving old stuff.

ooh good to know! thanks!

and yep, i'd rather have the snow than the mess too

The neighbour has several chickens and one noisy rooster. He made his way over the wall on Christmas Day, crowing from our roof and wall. The funny part was he's white and red so it was as if a rooster Santa had shown up. XD

Can you bump the ABC Dragons while you're at it, @trystan?

47 minutes ago, trystan said:

bumped it for ya, Lagie!

Thank you! (Is it sad or scary that I knew without looking that I was the last one to post in it? :rolleyes:

This delayed response thing in the forums is driving me nuts.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Thank you! (Is it sad or scary that I knew without looking that I was the last one to post in it? :rolleyes:

This delayed response thing in the forums is driving me nuts.

uhm.... both?

i get thread reply notifications emailed to me, so i already have a delay of sorts. 🤷‍♀️

Not that kind of delay.

I tried to explain it in the news thread but it seems to be specific to me. The letters aren't showing as I type them, then suddenly several appear at once and I have to wait for them all to appear to see if I have made any errors. Then when I scroll up or down, there's a significant pause before the next block of the page appears even if it's a section that has already appeared. This started yesterday and it seems to be forum-related. The Cave is fine. Facebook and Google are fine.

I have had that happen to me occasionally -- the part about the letters being slow to show up -- but not lately and I'm not sure if it was here on the forum or just in general. I blamed it on my old laptop. It is very disconcerting to say the least. Hope it resolves for you soon.

I've told Google I no longer wish to see the Cleveland Clinic ads, and that seems *crosses fingers* to have solved the problem. They were very image-laden and video-like, and I have limited data.

oh hopefully that works, Lagie!

edit - in other news, i'm doing some sewing tonight - i'm adding another layer on the inside of my cotton fabric masks so i have three layers to them now.  this is... kinda tedious.

Edited by trystan

That does sound fiddley.

I seem to be smelling fresh paint but cannot figure out where it's coming from. If it doesn't let up soon, I risk having a full-fledged asthma attack.

And the generator's on again. Sigh.

Darn! You seamed so close!

I'm going to poof to charge my phone. Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of carrots*

What's the description for the new eggs?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, Classycal said:

"This egg seems to lure you in."

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I feel badly - I picked Haar up and stuck her in a trap so she can go and be spayed today, and she hasn't stopped meowing piteously since. I wish Julian would set off with her already so I no longer have to hear it. She'll be back but I feel very guilty. She trusted me and I plonked her in a trap. I doubt I'll manage to get her brother today.

10 hours ago, Classycal said:

Cave: Something about this egg seems to lure you in. (It's white with a red and blue marking that looks kind of like a candy cane)

Hybrid: This tough egg has a protective ridge down its shell. (It's dull brick red color and looks like soneone sewed it up down the center)

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I feel badly - I picked Haar up and stuck her in a trap so she can go and be spayed today, and she hasn't stopped meowing piteously since. I wish Julian would set off with her already so I no longer have to hear it. She'll be back but I feel very guilty. She trusted me and I plonked her in a trap. I doubt I'll manage to get her brother today.

Yes, but be strong and don't give in. If you let her out, she'll likely be more difficult to catch next time. Did you cover the trap with a towel or something so she doesn't feel so exposed? The trick is wait out their first feelings, then treat them a bit while still in the trap, so they forget the trap was that bad. A few cats, though (mostly ferals), once they've been trapped they will never go in a trap again.

I had to trap a cat I was petsitting once, because she refused to come back inside. I'd been there over six hours and it was dark and I had my own animals to feed. The cat snubbed me for the next three years for trapping her. 

How do you quote more than one person in a comment?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

38 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

i highlight what i want to quote from the first person, and there's a box to "quote selection", which puts it in the reply box.

then find the next person's post, and repeat with what you want to quote~ 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I picked Haar up and stuck her in a trap so she can go and be spayed today, and she hasn't stopped meowing piteously since.

two of our cats just don't me-yowl when they're in their carriers, it's really weird.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

To the left of the quote box there's a + sign. You can click that for the first one you want to quote, then click it on the second quote, and so on. When you then click Reply, all your +'d quotes will magically insert themselves. :D I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many you can do. I think I've done four or five.

I'm hoping Haar will forgive me.  Failing that, I'll just keep feeding her and rejoice in the fact she won't be making babies. 

We still have to catch her mother.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

To the left of the quote box there's a + sign. You can click that for the first one you want to quote, then click it on the second quote, and so on. When you then click Reply, all your +'d quotes will magically insert themselves. :D I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many you can do. I think I've done four or five.

That hasn't worked for me, but trystan's suggestion does.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm hoping Haar will forgive me. 

She probably will. Most do. Then you have the opportunists who don't care how often they get trapped because FOOD.