Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Another chilly morning.

I'm at a friend's watching the departure of the orange dude. Good riddance.

morning all.  i'll be putting on npr shortly to listen to the goings on in Washington DC. yaay!

and then in another few hours, i get to put my eggs in hatcheries.  i'm trying the gemshard lottery again, so we'll see what i get.  they've precogged male, and i might keep at least anyway even if he's blue.  more for breeding more. XD

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm at a friend's watching the departure of the orange dude. Good riddance.

I did not watch that, but good riddance indeed!

I did watch the inauguration. I hope we can all put the last awful months behind us and move forward, as Joe Biden says, together!

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I did not watch that, but good riddance indeed!

I did watch the inauguration. I hope we can all put the last awful months behind us and move forward, as Joe Biden says, together!

That's going to be no easy task. They're going to uncover a lot more problems. A lot of people who hope they heard the last of Trump and everything will get back to 'normal' are going to be disappointed. The can of worms has been opened.

I went grocery shoppung. I have soda!

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's going to be no easy task. They're going to uncover a lot more problems. A lot of people who hope they heard the last of Trump and everything will get back to 'normal' are going to be disappointed. The can of worms has been opened.

Absolutely agree. :(

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I was going to bed last night. Had taken my meds, when there's this loud animal scrambling and bumping noise outside.

This is what was making the noise, and that's a garbage can, not a plastic pail.

The can was tipped to the side, resting on bags of potting soil and it just walked right and in it.

Which animal? Image won't show for me.

We had a slow but lucrative shop day. I snuck out and saw half the poem and the final blessing of today's event. :rolleyes:

yaay for good shop days!

i listened to the whole thing, and my boss seemed to be sulking. XD no, not really, but she didn't have CNBC on (the only channel she claims the tv gets) and had some goofy excuse about not wearing her contacts but since it was supposed to be sunny, she brought her prescription glasses, which are tinted a little bit, so good for a bright office.  and she had one of her Sirius XM channels on and was singing with all the songs.  it was.... weird. XD 

She was probably singing to distract herself from the sense happening on screen.

The leaves on the Lego treehouse are hurting my fingers to build. I'm not sure I will finish this tonight. (I'm sooo close...)

actually, no, she didn't even have the tv on in the first place - she said wouldn't have been able to see it, because she wasn't wearing her contacts. XD and then she gave me that baloney about the weather saying it was going to be sunny, so she didn't have her contacts, but rather her slightly tinted glasses. (whut?) XD 

boo on the Lego leaves :( 

Excuses, excuses. She probably couldn't bear to watch. :P

My fingers are very sore, and I kept repeating one particular stupid mistake, but it's done. I'll stick it outside tomorrow to take a photo to show you. (My indoor lighting is horrible for fancy stuff.)

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Which animal? Image won't show for me.

We had a slow but lucrative shop day. I snuck out and saw half the poem and the final blessing of today's event. :rolleyes:

🤔   It won't? Imgur does not seem to want that photo. I thought it finally had uploaded.

It's a live adult nine-banded armadillo with its head and front feet on the edge of an empty blue plastic garbage can, looking  down, while its body inside is the can.

It was caught as far as it was concerned until I walked up and shone the flashlight on it. Then it got a burst of adrenaline and made it to the top where it sat looking around for a couple of minutes. 

Sort of like this.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Lagie - more like she didn't want to watch.  she was having a weird day?

and yaay for Lego pics!

LongBeforeSunrise - i was able to to see the pic, but thanks for the clarification of what it actually was! wow!

Good morning everyone!

Another hell-ish day here.... Hitting close to 40 C degrees today

Armadillo! That's different! 

@Long_Before_Sunrise, thanks. 

*sends Spirit some ice cubes*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

The fourth kitten has reappeared. Three of the four were having a lovely chase game around my yard and the path behind. The fourth walks like an old arthritic man and I'm worried he might be sick. All four poofed while I was eating breakfast so I will have to wait till later to pick up the two I'm taking to the shelter (so they go on the Nova Scotia flight, hopefully).

9 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Another hell-ish day here.... Hitting close to 40 C degrees today

yikes.

well today it's 34F/1.1C here today. brr.....

kitties! we have kitties around the house! and by 'around the house,' i mean all over the place - beds, couches, chairs.... XD

and yeah, that's a cool Fauci egg :)

@Long_Before_Sunrise I love your Fauci egg!

Went hiking this morning with my friends in spite of temperatures in the low 30s F (below 0 C). We bundled up well so weren't really cold until we were done walking and were just standing by our cars talking and the wind was hitting us.

Hubby has an eye doctor appointment this afternoon. I will go to the store while he is there because I can't go in with him, due to the Covid restrictions.

i have a dentist appt tomorrow.  my last one was 6 months ago, but it almost feels like forever ago, yet just the other month. wtf, time?!?

24 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have a dentist appt tomorrow.  my last one was 6 months ago, but it almost feels like forever ago, yet just the other month. wtf, time?!?

You haven't heard? One of our essential dimensional immortals, Dick Clark, was slain in 2012, and Dolly Parton and Betty White have been able to slow down but haven't been able to stop Queen Elizabeth from attempting to merge this dimension with others.

Or you can blame the dimensional slippage on the Large Hadron Collider being turned on. That's a popular theory, too.

"The LHC is safe, and any suggestion that it might present a risk is pure fiction," CERN Director General Robert Aymar has told LiveScience in the past.

How... reassuring. 🤔

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise
Compulsive editor, been that way since I learned to write

LOL, that's funny!

i just thought i was a cat, with no concept of time.....

1 hour ago, trystan said:

LOL, that's funny!

i just thought i was a cat, with no concept of time.....

For those of us who have been following politics and are not supporters, the past five years of Trump have been surreal, and it was a rare day the firehose of lies, scandals and threats wasn't blasting. It's wasn't uncommon for someone to say, "Last year..." and the event they were talking about happened 2-4 months ago. So it's led to some creative humorous theories on why time is out of synch and the world is not as you knew it. 

It still feels surreal. After all the anticipation and dread, he left the WH quietly.