Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

heh.... most cats are natural mousers.... but sometimes they want to play. XD

Luna ventured out last night and finally ate something.  she let me pet her, but was still kinda slinking away from hubby :(  we'll see how today goes.

i got some videos from my daughter with Ash wearing the harness, and he was trying to bite the leash, silly kitty. since he wants to go outside,i figure: we put the harness on him and take him outside.  maybe he'll associate harness & leash with outside? i dunno.  but he was flopping and rolling around and biting the harness.  and then he was hiding in a box.  goofy kitten XD

No kittens at all this morning.

Rough work day all 'round. (But we did fire a belligerent person who should have been fired weeks ago!)

Am I allowed to spike my afternoon coffee???

57 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Rough work day all 'round. (But we did fire a belligerent person who should have been fired weeks ago!)

Am I allowed to spike my afternoon coffee???

yes... you are allowed - after that work day you had! {{hugs}}

41 minutes ago, trystan said:

yes... you are allowed - after that work day you had! {{hugs}}

Thanks. I didn't, in the end. But I did take some Tylenol as my back's been bugging me. Haar showed up demanding attention which made reading, drinking, and eating rather complicated. And I'm really missing my shop dog who passed away last year. :( And we have parvo at the shelter and possibly distemper, either of which could derail the airlifts. I hope tomorrow's better.

Thanks. *hugs back* The parvo is definite; we're hoping the distemper is a false alarm. We're overcrowded and something like that could spread way too quickly.

I can hear crunching outside my back door, but I'm not going to go and look in case it's the very skittish black cat. It will depart immediately if I show up.

yikes, overcrowding isn't good.  a quick google search told me that parvo is contagious, so... {{more hugs to Lagie and the doggos}}

aww, black cats are awesome :)  (says she who has 3-1/2 black cats...)

Parvo is seriously bad. It's like a more fatal canine version of E. Coli, except the virus can remain dormant in exposed areas for years, unless properly disinfected.

On a lighter note, The Bloodhound Red book series has a shy black cat in it... until one day the main character wakes up to find the cat in her bed, and she comments that when the cat relents, it goes all the way - from unapproachable to snuggled up to her with no in-between.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Good morning everyone!

Parvo is super super bad for dogs. Young puppies can die with in hours or in a few days.

When my mother worked at Onderstepoort vet/research school as a photographer they had to disinfect head to toe when they enter and when they lift.

It was a horrible site

Good morning peeps!

Does anyone need to do any hatchie swaps for Cantormaris dragons? I ended up incubating them all XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

We do footbaths around the premises so staff don't track germs from one area to the next. A lot of our areas are grassy or sandy so it is hard to properly disinfect those. When we're not overcrowded, we let them stay empty for a while after anyone infected is moved out (or recovers, or dies), but we're so full now there's nowhere to move anyone to.

Edited by Lagie
Typo

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

but we're so full now there's nowhere to move anyone to.

:(

so.... i've got all my Cantormaris hatchies named on my spreadsheet.  they just need to gender as influenced or precogged so i can officially name them. :)

if anyone wants to bounce one to me and back to get an orange, it's okay to PM me. :D

I have two partially Siamese cats - Neither one has any idea how to play nicely with other cats and they are corrupting the kitten.

Whoops, there's four cats, not three.

Is it universal to go "Aaaaaant" at misbehaving animals or is it a Deep southern US thing?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

50 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Is it universal to go "Aaaaaant" at misbehaving animals or is it a Deep southern US thing?

I don't think it is universal, as I have never heard it here (mid-Atlantic region).

Oh, Lagie I sure hope the shelter can get the Parvo under control!

Getting more of the Cants is proving very hard -- especially since I keep missing the drops by 10 to 30 seconds. The times that I have been there at the proper time I have seen 1 or 2 in almost every drop. Catching them is another matter entirely, but at least they are out there. Maybe the mad rush will die down soon? Not too likely with so many variants, I guess.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Maybe the mad rush will die down soon?

someone one the release thread suggested maybe once the valentine breeding & biome starts, there'll be less wanting these new guys.

sounds as good as anything, right? :) 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Oh, Lagie I sure hope the shelter can get the Parvo under control!

Me, too. We lost several pups between yesterday and today (some deaths, some euthansia) which is distressing but so far the older dogs seem to be doing okay.

A cold front moving in is making life here very windy.

:( 

we have a cold front as well - tomorrow will be in the 20sF.  and windy. brrr.....

also it might snow or we'll have messy weather from like sunday into tuesday.  we'll see how THAT goes....

Oh, crap. I'm grateful you mentioned this. I got to go pull the tarp over my flowers.

It was a warm day. I thought it was safe. Looked at tonight's forecast. Nope.

Good afternoon everyone!

Man what an exhausting day of phone calling and sorting stuff out

8 hours ago, trystan said:

warm day? what's that? XD 

we'll have one of those in like April....

Well, it's gone away now. You'd probably consider our winters a couple of days between fall and spring. Which also means we don't get the spectacular bursts of colors everywhere except when the azaleas bloom.

Morning? What's that? Time to be awake? Don't care for that.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

I've had all four feline regulars this morning and the new-to-the-neighbourhood black cat. We nedd to get it fixed.

*sneezes*

Not sure if it's the cats or the change in the weather.

I'm heading to my shop early today as I will finally get some morning time alone there.