Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Well, that's just down right stupid.  If COVID-19 doesn't make us sick then the bad air, water, etc. will make us sick.  

i'm sorry too.  i mean, look who's the chief executive and can tell the EPA what to do.  i honestly hope the next Pres can undo some of these things that the current one relaxed or eliminated

edit - i completely agree, classy.

as the hashtag says, Remember in November.

and tell everyone you know who can vote to do just that.  and get mail-in ballots too.  i'm supposed to have one of those coming for my state's primary....

Edited by trystan

I hope Americans aren't stupid enough to re-elect him.  

oh i hope so too!

there's a few other weasels who need to not get re-elected as well

Good barely-still-morning-here, CPA! B)

*sets out scrambled eggs and bacon*

It was nice to have a sleep-in this morning, and would have been even better if I hadn't lain awake for far too much of the night!

Warm and sunny again, with a nice breeze.

i'm here!

so i placed my grocery order for pick-up, and i was supposed to get it last night (Saturday).  but they called and said they were short-staffed, and could i come get it sunday morning instead.  now, i'd already figured out that i wasn't going to get my entire order, so i knew i'd have to pick up my order and then go into the store.  i got about 50% of what i ordered, which was more than i expected.

so one thing they're not doing is substitutions. the most frustrating example is - i ordered 5 bottles of different flavors of Sparkling Ice. previous to all this covid19 crap, if they didn't have a flavor, they'd pick another one. now they won't. i'll just get the flavors i ordered and they won't charge me for the others. one other time i ordered a huge party-size package of oreos. they were out, so i got 2 family-size packages for the same price. now, i just wouldn't get oreos. i ordered a 16-ounce box of store-brand pasta. before, i'd get San Georgio or Barilla. now, i just wouldn't get the pasta.

so i had to go into the store to buy the other half of what i ordered.  today's frustration was that two of the items i ordered they couldn't fill, but when i got into the store, they were there on the shelf.  now, it's possible that they filled what they could of the order last night, and out of what that person was able to fill, my items weren't on the shelf then, but they were this morning.  it's like a scavenger hunt these days.

one concern i have is that i'd buy a lot of store-brand items because they're less expensive.  but when i have to buy name brand bagels for twice as much as store-brand, and brand name pasta, and brand name bread... it adds up.  and we really can't do that every week.... i'm going to see about increasing my credit card limit tomorrow, and a few other payment deferments.  hopefully, it'll all work out.

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post.....

Seems to kind of negate ordering online if you have to shop inside the store anyway!

Thanks for the eggs and bacon, @Lagie. Although it is well past morning here I never had breakfast.

Feeling very strange to be home Sunday morning watching our pastor on Facebook live instead of being in church. It is just not the same experience, even though I know there were others from the church worshiping with us. :(

We had church services on Zoom meeting this morning, but it just isn't the same as being there.  With Zoom though you can see a lot of the people who are participating.  

purplehaze, yeah, it does seem counterproductive to order it online, get only half of it, and then get the rest in the store.... but i'm .... lazy.  i don't wanna.  but if i order it from peapod to be delivered to one of the stores or my house, i'm looking through many days of unavailable time slots.  if i placed next week's order today, i might be able to get it at the end of the week... but even then i might still only get half of what i ordered.

we had our fellowship service on Zoom this morning as well.  it is different than being there, but you can still see everyone, so that's nice. :) 

My very Catholic aunt watched EWTN (? I think that's the right station, the religious one) because she couldn't figure out where to watch her actual church's service.

My other aunt, the 88 year old one I usually have breakfast with on Sundays, is 'bored' because no one can visit right now.

yeah, that's the religious station.

yanno, if there's a Christian religion station, shouldn't there be a Jewish station, Muslim station, Pagan station.... yanno, we do have that freedom of religion thing,

oh, wait, there is a Pagan station - it's the Nature/Discovery channel XD 

Not really. Discovery Channel is only concerned with the scientific aspects of nature, not the spiritual. I'm a pagan, so it would be nice to have some sort of magic(k) network.

I just tried jogging, and learned exactly how out-of-shape I am. :wacko:

@Sesshomaru  as a UU Pagan yes, i completely agree.  :) 

i'd say i went for a walk on friday, but it really was more of a plod - i'm out of shape as well.

14 cases here now. Eeps.

You meant that as a joke, right, @trystan, about the Discovery Channel?

This is one of those times I actually kind of wish I had television at home.

heh yeah, it's hard to have a light-hearted jokey tone online. :) 

i also have a weird sense of humor, so there's that too. XD 

Hello fort.

God why is DCF doing this weird thing where it loads abysmally slow if i'm not using a vpn.

Hey MP.

Everything on my computer is running slow at the moment. I blame the connection to the local files for work. 

hello hello

I'll be heading to bed soon, but man, took me forever to remember my forum password......and I just changed it too :'D

Good... *looks at clock* Afternoon everyone!

So far working from home only has one hiccup.... It's freaking slow!

Edited by DragonSpirit009

45 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Good... *looks at clock* Afternoon everyone!

So far working from home only has one hiccup.... It's freaking slow!

Same. Everything has to be invoiced by tomorrow afternoon but nothing wants to open 😧

*snugs*

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

We got informed that one of the internet cable out in the ocean broke. So is even slower and I can't connect to my LTE router

Seems like no one is prepared for working from home. Always have a gaming pc people cause chances are it’ll be good enough to do work stuff :D (I realise usually the pc itself isn’t the problem)