Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

*cheerleader pompoms*

Congrats!

:D

My work has turned into Chinese Whispers : Email Edition.

That shouldn't be possible but here we are....

@trystan A friend of mine sent this to me and I immediately thought of you!

XD

Spoiler

image.png.a89bd01a6b6935bd945d8ad61af808e5.png

Edited by purplehaze

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

XD

Reveal hidden contents

XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I'm thinking I should actually follow the rules and call 311 before I set off to the pharmacy and work today. I keep hearing short police siren bursts in the distance which makes me think they might actually be stopping people who are out and about.

I also plan to gather up enough work for the next two days so I can stay home, so long as Jessica agrees to feed my shop critters.

Hi there Purple!

LAGIE!

*huggles*

They called up on the army on our side. Because the people weren't listening to the police. And the army can take better action cause they can threaten people with weapons. Were if our police just looks at a person then the police gets punished.

Hi Spirit!

We got stay-at-home orders yesterday, but there are too many exceptions for it to really be enforceable. I doubt the police will be stopping anyone. We shall see.

Our lockdown started last week Friday officially.

Our president addressed the nation last night again trying to urge people to stay at home. But some people are just so arrogant and think it will never reach them.

Not to mention it's the end of the month so most of the elderly and disability people go fetch their money from government offices. And they aren't following the rules

Our PM called the populace 'hard-headed' and said Covid-19 was 'harder and badder' than any if them, to try and get through to the idiots who keep congregating. Now the police are finally stopping people.

@purplehaze - LOL! i'm not that bad yet!! XD 

on a good day (aka payday) i'll see two people that come to my office - the mail guy and the UPS guy.  he has the checks. :)  but normally, it's just the mail guy.  unless it's a sub, then i see no one.  and this was also before all this covid stuff happened, so....  i'm home today, but in the office tomorrow.  my Governor has closed everything indefinitely, so that's my retail job in that mix.... as well as the library.  i mean i still have a book from the library out, but once i finish reading it, when can i return it? i also have some books on hold on my card.  maybe in May?  but - i don't have a shortage of books to read....i started a reread of my Sidney Sheldon books, and there's also a Harry Potter reread, and a few other shorter series to reread (one series is 3 books, the other 2 very large books) and my Sue Grafton (A-X are rereads and then Y) - so i'm good with the books! :D 📖

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

XD

Reveal hidden contents

That's hilarious!

2 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

This isn't exactly how I pictured the dystopian nightmare future happening.

I know, right?

Hmm. I have so many book series I could be rereading, but I'm actually working my way through the piles of books I've brought home from my thrift shop over the last three years. 

What better time than now to get them read and returned? :)

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm actually working my way through the piles of books I've brought home from my thrift shop over the last three years. 

What better time than now to get them read and returned? :)

sounds like an excellent plan. :) 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

... as well as the library.  i mean i still have a book from the library out, but once i finish reading it, when can i return it?

Same here. I have three and I have finished reading them, but can't return them because the library has even closed its return book drop. They are sending out emails just about every day telling us that they have lots of e-books available and getting new ones every day, but I have never warmed up to e-books. I have no shortage of books to read, either, as I have a lot that I have gotten at yard sales and such that I never got around to reading. Seems like this will be a good time to start!

4 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Not to mention it's the end of the month so most of the elderly and disability people go fetch their money from government offices. And they aren't following the rules

They have to go out and pick them up? Ours are all done electronically now. You don't have any other options here.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

but I have never warmed up to e-books.

me either.  i love actual books i can hold in my hands.  and smell.  i love the smell of books.

I love actual books, too, but I've noticed since I had a retinal detachment with the ensuing surgery that I can see the computer screen better and read faster on the computer.  I still usually pick real books.  I like to know how far I am in the book, and it's hard to tell with an

e-book.  I like the feel of the pages, too.  I never thought much about the smell though.  

36 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I like to know how far I am in the book, and it's hard to tell with an e-book.  I like the feel of the pages, too. 

this as well.  and i like being able to flip back though the book when a character makes a revelation somewhat in the middle of the book that you remember the foreshadowing somewhere near the beginning so you can go back and reread it.

a retinal detachment sounds like it could be a bit of a headache. (literally and figuratively)

3 hours ago, trystan said:

a retinal detachment sounds like it could be a bit of a headache. (literally and figuratively)

It was awful.  And it did hurt.  I had to be patched for a month or so and then after that I had double vision and had to wear a pirate patch for 10 months.  Arrrr.. I had the nickname of "The Pirate".  

It's better, yes.  Just a little double vision now as opposed to not being able to walk without the patch.  But I can't read with that eye unless the print is huge.  

better is good.  and each day is a little more healing, i hope.

Hi peeps! Been MIA a bit because of my virtual ponies, sorry about that. XD 
My dad hurt his foot on Sunday and now he needs to work from home. Fortunately it looks to be just a sprain and not a fracture so we got that going for us. 
And I totally haven’t been writing fanfics for the last three days. XD 

A good early morning to all.  

ROFLOL!  I know I'm really not supposed to use textspeak, but there's just no better way to say it!