Fuzzbucket

Growing things at top of biomes page ?

Every now and again, one finds one has misclicked an egg - or has one more than one thought, or neglected to click to confirm on an abandon. And then you click on that ONE egg that you wanted and it says you are over the limit.

Could the growing things number on our scroll appear also on hunting pages ? Is there a HUGE reason why not ?

Do you mean a message like this?

As you reach the summit of the mountain, you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings. Nearby, there is a pile of several eggs.

You don’t want to disturb the dragons, but some of the eggs are far enough away that you could steal one. Three of the eggs catch your eye. Which do you take?

Egg
This tiny egg is rather light.
Egg
This egg has a velvety texture.
Egg
This small egg is engulfed in a cool, purple flame.

Below you have a list of growing dragons you are already caring for. You wouldn't want to overburden yourself:

Trophy | Eggs | Total

--1r9zjva.png-- |-- 5/8 -| 12/24

?

I wouldn't mind it.

I don't really care one way or the other about this, but I'll throw it out there that if the biomes get some sort of growing-things indication, can we please have the same in the AP? Pretty pretty please? 

I'm open to this as well. I've missed a lot of nice things because I didn't realize that I was already locked.

9 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Do you mean a message like this?

?

I wouldn't mind it.

I'd be fine with the thing at the top of our scroll - just total growing things. But separating out the eggs - even better. Doesn't need the extra words, just the numbers.

And I would also want it for the AP - where I WISH we had the biomes linked at the top, and I wish the biome pages included a like to the AP...

This would mean personalized info in biomes and/or AP, which TJ has nixed in the past.

Personally, I'd hope to NOT get this - hunting is already frustrating enough for me, and my memory is just sufficient to remember for a few clicks (basically, for the decision IF I go hunting at all) if I have space or not.

No more personalised than looking at your own scroll. It wouldn't show for others.

I can remember, USUALLY. But what did happen the other day was that I checked an AP find, didn't like it and abandoned. Went back to the AP, caught one I really wanted - except that it said I was locked. I could swear I clicked to confirm - but it hadn't gone through. If that number had been up there I would have known.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Oh heck yeah, big support. Like Heather says too, in the AP as well! This would be very helpful, especially since I'm forgetful lol

29 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No more personalised than looking at your own scroll. It wouldn't show for others.

That is exactly the point. Everyone would see something else, which is what neither the biomes nor the AP are supposed to do.

That means that for everyone, the site would have to fetch different information based on their current login - which is what the biomes and AP currently do NOT do.

WELL - the biomes etc show my scroll NAME at the top of the screen, and my shards and my notifications. So where's the difference ?

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'd be fine with the thing at the top of our scroll - just total growing things. But separating out the eggs - even better. Doesn't need the extra words, just the numbers.

And I would also want it for the AP - where I WISH we had the biomes linked at the top, and I wish the biome pages included a like to the AP...

Yep, and actually being able to see BOTH total growing things AND eggs would be helpful on our scrolls as well, I think.

I support this idea. Would be helpful with new releases and such especially.... NOT having to go back to our scroll to see how many slots we still have for catching. ;)

Edited by JavaTigress

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That is exactly the point. Everyone would see something else, which is what neither the biomes nor the AP are supposed to do.

That means that for everyone, the site would have to fetch different information based on their current login - which is what the biomes and AP currently do NOT do.

Maybe make it non-specific to the biomes and AP? Like how we see shards and our name?

Like this?

Logged in as Shokomon · Platinum: 6/8 | 12/24 · 4421 ·  11:23 am EDT · Log out
bvi5yh.png
Cave   Account   Dragons   Trading  Help  Forum

- Added a line about your trophy and growing thing limits at the top

?

Edited by Shokomon

Works for me :) but it might be hard for mobile users.

Shokomon's image would be fine, imo. 

But I also don't think this is the same issue as certain other things that TJ has shot down... I remember him strongly vetoing the AP showing which eggs you've already picked up and re-abandoned, because everyone sees the same AP (and biomes)... But this isn't anywhere near that. This isn't affecting the *actual* AP or biomes in any way, it doesn't affect any of the eggs shown, it'd just be a little added indicator. Which, it's been pointed out, we already *have* personalized stuff at the top of those pages. 

I like this. 

I think my preference would be to have it a little lower than the very top of the screen next to the shards; I think a small banner or space at the top of the "scroll" page (like above where it says "Alpine" in the biome or "The Cave" on the main page) with stats (laid out horizontally) would be really useful. It's easy to access, it's not in the way, and it should translate to each page you visit aside from your scroll, since the stats are already there. 

I would like this--wherever easily visible and noticeable is fine. I mean, as long as it doesn't do anything to obscure hunting.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Works for me :) but it might be hard for mobile users.

It would just show up on the side bar. Like this:

1494020602_GrowingThingsMockup.png.ba8b3c51fb3108f85acc0d9ea2ada8f9.png

The only thing is that you would have to click on the menu button to see it. 

On 7/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, hazeh said:

I like this. 

I think my preference would be to have it a little lower than the very top of the screen next to the shards; I think a small banner or space at the top of the "scroll" page (like above where it says "Alpine" in the biome or "The Cave" on the main page) with stats (laid out horizontally) would be really useful. It's easy to access, it's not in the way, and it should translate to each page you visit aside from your scroll, since the stats are already there. 

Hmmm.... Mabye like this?

25qyakl.jpg OR 1zouh6w.jpg

... Both?

5mxuh3.jpg

I tried to place the banner under the "Cave/Account/Dragons" area, but without being able to shift everything down a bit, it just looked funny. 

@Shokomon

The second one is more like what I was imagining, but either/any of those look nice to me :)

The first one is perfect!

An option to turn it off/on for those who like to see more of the background or dont need such information should be included as well i think. That would be neat.

I like the text in the corner as opposed to the banner, its less distracting for me :)

On 7/17/2019 at 5:00 PM, Yubelchen said:

The first one is perfect!

An option to turn it off/on for those who like to see more of the background or dont need such information should be included as well i think. That would be neat.

Not every suggestion needs a toggle switch. Either we are given the option or we aren't. 

I'm not seeing any downsides and I think it could be a nice QoL update. Support from me. I'd put it in the corner rather than a separate banner, myself but either is good.

Full support. I would see it just as a text, like Shokomon showed, to not distract anybody too much.

I agree the cave could use an Max egg/hatchling indicator! I have lost several silver and gold dragon eggs because of this Exact problem...