Fuzzbucket

Snow wars - nothing to hit for several hours now

I haven't had any new heaps of snow (the only thing I have ever had show up on my playing field) or anything to gain points with for several hours now. I've cleared my cache, hard refreshed and all sorts. Anyone else ?

Same here. In the very first hours things went great - I even got some ice and a little bit of wood around noon (would be morning DC time), but nothing since about 5 or so hours. My beautiful fortress is a ruin and I would love to repair it!

I know how this sounds - but - I am SO glad to hear from you - and know it isn't just me !

Same here. :)  The strange thing is that it really worked fine in the start. I have levelled up to 26 and even unlocked some wee bird that sits on my forlorn cactus, but the lack of ice and snow to rebuild is saddening, particularly as "no snow" means "no snow cannon".

Lucky you. I had a few snwo walls, and three cannons. I have never managed anything else, and am all the way to level 10 :(

Heureka! Right now I got a tree stump (10 timber) and another thingy that delivered snow and timber. Maybe you should take a look at your game now and hopefully there will be items again!

Edited by Astreya

I just did. Nada. Even changed browsers.

WT* - I have gone up a level - but nothing has appeared and I haven't done anything in HOURS now - I got bored shooting at people for no results....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Hm. Very weird, that. I will check how things will develop on my scroll and report here.

I just got a bit of stuff, finally - but no resources or anything....

Every hour (including while you’re not playing), new desposits (snow drifts, ice crystals, etc) will appear.

This is what is simply Not Happening. I am going up a few levels - but almost no deposits ever show up. In the last four hours (since I started timing this) I've had one snowdrift and one icecrystal.

I've gotten nothing but snow since the event started.  Like you, I've gone up a bit but I can't repair my fort or add anything but the original items, since all I get is 1 snow drift every hour.

How are people getting up so many levels, and adding so much? I just saw one with many ice walls and towers, crossbows, trojan deer, many ice items, lollipops (balloons?) and a lot of other asst'd items.

14 minutes ago, Jocosa said:

I've gotten nothing but snow since the event started.  Like you, I've gone up a bit but I can't repair my fort or add anything but the original items, since all I get is 1 snow drift every hour.

How are people getting up so many levels, and adding so much? I just saw one with many ice walls and towers, crossbows, trojan deer, many ice items, lollipops (balloons?) and a lot of other asst'd items.

fastest way to level is to build only cannons and destroy other things.  snow walls give the most points.  You get some from repairing as well, but I can't say how much because I haven't gotten snow for awhile now.

12 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

fastest way to level is to build only cannons and destroy other things.  snow walls give the most points.  You get some from repairing as well, but I can't say how much because I haven't gotten snow for awhile now.

I'll try that, thanks!  Of course that only works if the random battles it takes me to actually had stuff left to still hit. :wacko:

I hesitate to say this, but today it all seems to be working....

I reached level 50 prior to the Battle screen bug appearing. (Now not playing much since battles are broken.)

Since leveling to 50 I have only seen a couple of new items over the past several hours. I hope we continue to get resources at level 50. Anyone else experiencing reduced drops at level 50?

ETA: I am getting new items now! All is okay.

Edited by missy_
issue resolved for me

5 hours ago, missy_ said:

I reached level 50 prior to the Battle screen bug appearing. (Now not playing much since battles are broken.)

Since leveling to 50 I have only seen a couple of new items over the past several hours. I hope we continue to get resources at level 50. Anyone else experiencing reduced drops at level 50?

I'm level 50 and have not had any drops for about 2 or 3 hours now. It's really frustrating because I was in the middle of building and now don't have resources to continue 

I'm at level 50, and still get hourly drops. The bonus drops were just for leveling, so since we can't level any more, we don't get extra. This bonus got introduced sometime within the last 16 or so hours and was applied retroactively. (See pinged posts in the news thread.)

20 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This is what is simply Not Happening. I am going up a few levels - but almost no deposits ever show up. In the last four hours (since I started timing this) I've had one snowdrift and one icecrystal.

same here

1 hour ago, olympe said:

I'm at level 50, and still get hourly drops. The bonus drops were just for leveling, so since we can't level any more, we don't get extra. This bonus got introduced sometime within the last 16 or so hours and was applied retroactively. (See pinged posts in the news thread.)

So if we NEED timber and stone - how do we get it ? I am getting VERY OCCASIONAL drops - certainly not hourly, and they aren't giving me very much of anything.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Damn, if I knew I wouldn't have leveled to max yet:/

Got a whole 6 resources after spending the entire day out...:<

Edited by VixenDra

There were a few minor drops after sleeping last night, but it really seems scant. The drops were just enough stone to repair my walls. Huge agreement on the lack of stone and timber. We can't really "retire" from battle mode & the attacks, even though no one gains anything (but a lack of resources) from attacking people at level 50. Think I'll just tear down the fort and hoard to make a cute village later on.

Edited by 13310

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So if we NEED timber and stone - how do we get it ? I am getting VERY OCCASIONAL drops - certainly not hourly, and they aren't giving me very much of anything.

By leveling.

I started out with just snow cannons and nothing but - and managed to level up very quickly. Over night (my time, GMT+1), I got the resources for all the levels I made, plus the hourly drops (I guess) - my fort was very much filled to the brim with stuff.

@Shibunari: I count at least 30 snow banks in your fort. Destroy them to get snow, build cannons and use them to level up. Then you'll get the other resources, too.

@Fuzzbucket: On the right of your fort, there's a hedge. At the end of the hedge, there's a blue present. Destroy that, it will give you quite a few resources, usually more than 30. Plus, you've had enough timber and stone to build quite a bit with it.

Edited by olympe

I'll go look. But I am AT level 50.

Thanks, But - only snow and ice. I need rocks and timber....

I have had timber and stone, yes. But I had to destroy a wall of my cabin to get at a present inside (it was damaged so couldn't be moved) and since then I've not been able to catch up enough to put it back :(

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Same, I want to finish my cabin, but I haven't enough timber. In the past half day, I've gotten 3 drops of snow.

I'm having the opposite problem. I haven't gotten any snow piles for well over a day. Just rocks and timber.