Malurosa

Alter BSA

You have completely lost any support you might have gotten from me. I was neutral to the first few suggestions, but this one -- no thanks. And I really don't get why you have changed so radically from what you claimed to want in the first place. It sounds to me like you don't really know what you want and are just changing your ideas willy nilly as you go along depending on the reaction you get from others. I suggest you sit down and really think out what it is you want to do, decide a logical way it could be accomplished (and why it should be), and then properly rewrite your suggestion to reflect that!

Edited by purplehaze

That's kind of what I meant when I said this just seemed like a desperate need to get something through no matter what. I wasn't keen in the first place, but it increasingly makes no sense.

In the days that BSA suggestions were separate this thread would have been closed with the first few posts, for not fleshing anything out in a way that made sense for the BSA and for the dragon.

Not to mention for ignoring the "think of the dragon first, its possible BSA afterwards instead of thinking of what you want to accomplish and tack it onto a random breed".

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Someone create a new breed: Prismatic dragon. 

Special: In the cave, it's available in basic colors only. (black, white, red, green, blue) Offspring color is determined by the parents' colors (if PB) or the Prismatic parent's color.

Simple color mix mechanics.

The actual sprites would be created through an overlay of shading (bright, yellow-tinted highlights, dark, blue-tinted shadows) and the base color...

This could be fun.

Ah, wasn't something like this the idea behind that dino cave prank? I doubt TJ would want to revive it tho 🤔

Frankly, I don't know the idea behind the dino cave prank. It was never fleshed out beyond "attempt to grab some colorful dino eggs and return to an empty scroll".

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I suggest you sit down and really think out what it is you want to do, decide a logical way it could be accomplished (and why it should be), and then properly rewrite your suggestion to reflect that!

I've suggested that multiple times. A suggestion so huge as 'completely change breeding mechanics' (which was what this *originally* was) really needs a fleshed-out and in-depth explanation, with real thought put into it that makes sense for the game. Suggestions in general tend to get more support if it's obvious the OP has thought things through and really understands the hows and whys. (As Fuzz said, this would've got shut down in a heartbeat in the old BSA section for going against multiple rules from that section.)

(In general, I think this happens a lot, that a newer player thinks of something really cool that they'd want to see in the game and posts a suggestion without understanding how DC is actually run, the lore behind the game, without fleshing out the concept and making it actually make sense for this particular game, etc. I'd *love* to see a pinned 'guidelines' post for this section, the way the BSA section used to have...)

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

(In general, I think this happens a lot, that a newer player thinks of something really cool that they'd want to see in the game and posts a suggestion without understanding how DC is actually run, the lore behind the game, without fleshing out the concept and making it actually make sense for this particular game, etc. I'd *love* to see a pinned 'guidelines' post for this section, the way the BSA section used to have...)

So we have another pinned guideline post people can ignore to their heart's content? :rolleyes: Because that's what happens to most of them. Which is why these things have to be linked by mods so very, very often. And why so many threads get closed.

19 minutes ago, olympe said:

So we have another pinned guideline post people can ignore to their heart's content? :rolleyes: Because that's what happens to most of them. Which is why these things have to be linked by mods so very, very often. And why so many threads get closed.

OTOH, it saves typing it all out over and over, and also has the benefit of being there so there's no excuse for "not knowing".

This thread seems to have completely derailed.

OP, I would think carefully through your suggestion.  When suggesting an action for a dragon to perform, it's best to think of the dragon first and what abilities it might have.  Once you've got a strong foundation for a BSA, you're more than welcome to resubmit.

As this suggestion has jumped all over the place, I'm going to close this topic at this time.