Malurosa

Alter BSA

Oh believe me - I wouldn't. But I simply cannot see the point anyway.

Well, it could create random lineages - like holies "bred from" Marrow x Yule, just to name one impossible example. ;)  It would be something akin to adopting, which has been suggested before - at least if the BSA wasn't limited to certain color/shade-named breeds.

Of course, it could also lead to a number of other weird things - like fake drake/pygmy Dorkfaces...

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

Of course, it could also lead to a number of other weird things - like fake drake/pygmy Dorkfaces...

if it were not limited by breeding group, at least

Why would an adoption-like thing be limited by that? Two dragons just might adopt a drake egg and even raise it as their own knowing what it is. Changechildren...

So it’s not limited by colour anymore? If a Misfit were just swapping eggs at random I don’t see why it’d be limited to colour.

Would it apply to couples which are incapable of breeding - like to male dragons, for example? Or two which have incompatible breeding groups?

31 minutes ago, olympe said:

Would it apply to couples which are incapable of breeding - like to male dragons, for example? Or two which have incompatible breeding groups?

No. It would work after a breeding that wasn't a refusal.

20 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

No. It would work after a breeding that wasn't a refusal.

That makes it useless to at least half the people who'd be willing to support this.

Okay, so how is this going to work? The Blend idea was understandable because the colours of the two parent dragons were blended to become the resulting dragon, e.g. Royal Blue x Red = Purple. If the Misfit Pygmy is just swapping random eggs into lineages, how are those eggs going to be determined? Are we supposing it’ll be random, like Golden Wyvern x Tsunami = a random Magi? How is the resulting egg going to be determined now?

It would randomly pick a biome, and then randomly pick one of the eggs that would have been presented there, and that egg's breed is the breed.

Just now, Malurosa said:

It would randomly pick a biome, and then randomly pick one of the eggs that would have been presented there, and that egg's breed is the breed.

In which case, I support this idea even less. That means two common as dirt dragons could randomly produce a Gold, or a Copper, or even a Dino/Chicken/other unbreedables.

I really don’t think that method is fair, or even doable. It’d give unfair advantages, and result in species which can’t have lineages.

Plus, why on earth would anyone choose to use the BSA when they can just go to the biome and pick up whatever is in there anyway, without having to waste two dragon’s breed action??

10 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

OK, so it would repeat until it got a breedable, relatively common dragon.

Needless to say, I still see absolutely no point for this BSA now. If you want a “relatively common” dragon that is currently available in the biomes, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just go grab it, and save yourself a breed action and a BSA cooldown. This idea seems to just be a different iteration of the “Adopt” BSA suggestion now (which I also didn’t support).

What would the real point in breeding be if you could just decide to slot any breed you please into any lineage? “I want a Blusang and a Thalassa Xeno to produce an Aether. Done!” It just seems way too choosy to me, I can’t support it. 

....I've read through the thread, and I really don't get why anyone would want this.  Also, if you can only use the BSA on a successful breeding, what happens to the original egg?  That really hasn't been addressed.

Hmm. If we're going with the Misfit idea, how do people feel about it being a BSA that works only on bred eggs, and you need to have at least two bred eggs on your scroll at the time, and you can choose a target egg to swap out (and it picks a random other bred egg from your scroll as the swapping target) as long as both their timers are between 7d and 6d (not later with the rationalisation that the note-taker had gotten sufficiently used to the eggs that they'd know the lineage is bonkers)? So to get a gold from a common pair, you'd have to already have recently bred a gold yourself. And you'd only be guaranteed to get the gold into that lineage if it were the only other bred egg on your scroll at the time.

Edited by pinkgothic

9 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

...I've read through the thread, and I really don't get why anyone would want this.

well, this is no longer the original suggestion which I thought was a fun idea. It has been transformed into something else entirely, with no trace of what it used to be.

I'm out.

28 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Hmm. If we're going with the Misfit idea, how do people feel about it being a BSA that works only on bred eggs, and you need to have at least two bred eggs on your scroll at the time, and you can choose a target egg to swap out (and it picks a random other bred egg from your scroll as the swapping target) as long as both their timers are between 7d and 6d (not later with the rationalisation that the note-taker had gotten sufficiently used to the eggs that they'd know the lineage is bonkers)? So to get a gold from a common pair, you'd have to already have recently bred a gold yourself. And you'd only be guaranteed to get the gold into that lineage if it were the only other bred egg on your scroll at the time.

This makes a lot more sense then anything else in this entire thread, imo. Limiting the swapping to eggs you actually have on your scroll at least makes *sense*, both in lore and in practice. 

As for the OP's suggestions.... I agree with others. If I'm understanding this right (and I'm really not sure anymore), you use this BSA *after* a successful breeding, and a Misfit goes into a biome, grabs a random common egg, and swaps it with the one you just bred? So, you get no control over *what* breed it's swapped with. Which means it's useless for actually deliberately making lineages. And what happens to the egg that's swapped out, does it just get deleted from the game, does it go to the Wilderness, what? 

33 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Sorry, but I still wouldn’t see a point in it.

Well, you could breed your gold x aria Thuwed checker pair and exchange the resulting pink/aria with another gold egg you bred, making the egg more valuable... Or exchange your 2nd gen self-bred prizefail against a prize (of the same color as the fail's parent) that you bred as a replacement, thereby gaining lots and lots more in trades.

While some uses might be "fun" to some people, this turns into a cheating tool, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Needless to say, I still see absolutely no point for this BSA now. If you want a “relatively common” dragon that is currently available in the biomes, I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just go grab it, and save yourself a breed action and a BSA cooldown. This idea seems to just be a different iteration of the “Adopt” BSA suggestion now (which I also didn’t support).

What would the real point in breeding be if you could just decide to slot any breed you please into any lineage? “I want a Blusang and a Thalassa Xeno to produce an Aether. Done!” It just seems way too choosy to me, I can’t support it. 

Exactly this. I am fascinated to know why it is SO important to the OP, who seems keen to keep modifying so that some shred of it remains, no matter what anyone else says.....

I liked the color swap idea. The idea of just producing any random dragon, or messing with already bred eggs, is considerably less interesting to me.

55 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, you could breed your gold x aria Thuwed checker pair and exchange the resulting pink/aria with another gold egg you bred, making the egg more valuable... Or exchange your 2nd gen self-bred prizefail against a prize (of the same color as the fail's parent) that you bred as a replacement, thereby gaining lots and lots more in trades.

While some uses might be "fun" to some people, this turns into a cheating tool, unfortunately.

Yeah, I can definitely see this being exploited. 

Someone create a new breed: Prismatic dragon. 

Special: In the cave, it's available in basic colors only. (black, white, red, green, blue) Offspring color is determined by the parents' colors (if PB) or the Prismatic parent's color.

Simple color mix mechanics.

The actual sprites would be created through an overlay of shading (bright, yellow-tinted highlights, dark, blue-tinted shadows) and the base color...

This could be fun.