Malurosa

Alter BSA

Copper breeding isn't just which egg you get when breeding Copper to Copper. And I continue to be opposed to including Coppers at all.

12 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

I changed it, so that it is a BSA of the script dragon.

You still gave no explanation at all for how that's possible. You are talking about changing the entire genetic makeup of a dragon, how is a Script able to do that? From the Script's description and encyclopedia information, there is no indication they have actual *ink*, they just have markings that look like ink. And how would ink change DNA anyways? Again, just slapping a wanted BSA on a random dragon doesn't really fly.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

You still gave no explanation at all for how that's possible. You are talking about changing the entire genetic makeup of a dragon, how is a Script able to do that? From the Script's description and encyclopedia information, there is no indication they have actual *ink*, they just have markings that look like ink. And how would ink change DNA anyways? Again, just slapping a wanted BSA on a random dragon doesn't really fly.

The ink doesn't change the DNA. It just allows it to blend. And also, the script dragon has no evidence saying that it does not have ink.

22 hours ago, Malurosa said:

"The script dragon's ink intermixes with the bloodline of the affected dragon"

???

How does that even work? And how does it change the breed of the offspring?

Sorry, but that makes no more sense than the Duotone.

Sounds like a BSA in desperate search of an appropriate dragon, but I don't think you have found one, yet. :( 

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

???

How does that even work? And how does it change the breed of the offspring?

Sorry, but that makes no more sense than the Duotone.

Sounds like a BSA in desperate search of an appropriate dragon, but I don't think you have found one, yet. :( 

This.

Or, indeed, a wanted thing desperately in search of an anything - BSA and dragon !

Sorry - I really can't see this working out.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Malurosa said:

The ink doesn't change the DNA. It just allows it to blend. And also, the script dragon has no evidence saying that it does not have ink.

How? How does ink allow DNA to 'blend' into a completely different breed? Again, it makes no sense. And it's really not a good idea to go 'well it doesn't say they *don't* so obviously they do/can!', that's not how BSA-making works. You need to make a BSA based on what we *know* about the dragon in question, not on what we don't know but might possibly be true just because it doesn't specifically say it's not. 

Script's description says:

Script Dragons are named for the markings along their wings and sides that look almost like calligraphy. The patterns correspond to no known language, and are slightly different on every dragon. 

Their encyclopedia entry says:

• Their skin is covered in fine scales, but is still soft. The scales, which are silver, ice-blue, or red in color, are slightly glossy.
  • The purple undersides of their wings do not have scales, but instead have skin with a texture akin to leather.

There is no mention of 'ink' *anywhere*. If a specific dragon is going to have a specific action, especially one so completely game-changing, there needs to be *reasoning* involved. Which you haven't provided, at all. 

edit: I see you are fairly new to the forums, so maybe you don't know the 'normal' BSA rules and issues. When people make suggestions for this game, especially changing a huge part of the game, the suggestion generally doesn't go anywhere unless it's fleshed-out and logical for the game itself. Suggestions don't get implemented just because someone thinks it's cool. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

If a specific dragon is going to have a specific action, there needs to be *reasoning* involved. Which you haven't provided, at all. 

There is reasoning. The script dragon uses its powerful change powers to alter the way breeding works

1 minute ago, Malurosa said:

There is reasoning. The script dragon uses its powerful change powers to alter the way breeding works

There we go! You didn't say anything about their change powers before, you just said ink. This is a much better reasoning. I still don't necessarily like the idea, but now I don't need to nitpick the reasoning.

Being element of change would mean 1/3 of all dragons could do this, by your reasoning. Sorry, but that's kinda a poor reason. I agree with those who have said this is just a desperate search for a BSA and a dragon to fit an idea.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Being element of change would mean 1/3 of all dragons could do this, by your reasoning. Sorry, but that's kinda a poor reason. I agree with those who have said this is just a desperate search for a BSA and a dragon to fit an idea.

No. Because not 1/3 of all dragons belong to the central change element, and are related to ink and writing and drawing.

33 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

No. Because not 1/3 of all dragons belong to the central change element, and are related to ink and writing and drawing.

Scripts are not related to ink. They are named after the runic patterns on their side. Nothing to do with ink or mixing colors..

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Scripts are not related to ink. They are named after the runic patterns on their side. Nothing to do with ink or mixing colors..

Writing and ink are related in many developed countries.

1 minute ago, Malurosa said:

Writing and ink are related in many developed countries.

No, these dragons have a lore. Go read their description. They have absolutely nothing to do with ink. you can go ask @TCA yourself.

If anything the script name and markings is a reference to magic runes. Not writing.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

If anything the script name and markings is a reference to (a writing system). Not writing.

@Malurosa Dude, the dragons don't write. They cannot write. They are born with these markings that have evolved to mimic magic runes. They do not have ink (and runes aren't made with ink anyway, they're usually chiseled into rock or carved into wood.. not written with ink).

The dragons do not have the power of ink, not that blending other dragons' colors has anything to do with it anyway because other dragons aren't made of ink either.

@Malurosa Dude, the dragons don't write. They cannot write.

So, did Drakes come up with the Script's rune system?

*facepalms* Nobody did. The runes don't mean anything. The scripts don't write them. They manifest on their bodies naturally, and is a sign of their magical proficiency. The markings just so happen to look like writing. This is called mimicry, things that just so happen to look like other things really evolve in nature.

It says so right in the dragon's lore "Script Dragons are named for the markings along their wings and sides that look almost like calligraphy. The patterns correspond to no known language, and are slightly different on every dragon."

See, means nothing, no ink involved. If you can't understand that, sorry, I can't help you. Go talk to the creator of the dragon, TCA.

This is called mimicry, things that just so happen to look like other things really evolve in nature.

Yes. I know what mimicry is. It is when something resembles something else in the environment, like an alphabet that was written down, or other things that exist before the mimic.

21 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

Yes. I know what mimicry is. It is when something resembles something else in the environment, like an alphabet that was written down, or other things that exist before the mimic.

And the Script's patternings are literally just patterns. Like how butterfly wing's evolve to look like predator eyes so they won't get eaten: this does NOT mean they can see through them. Many geckoes have tails that look like leaves so they're disguised as plants: this does NOT mean that the geckoes are actual plants or leaves. The Script Dragon has markings that look vaguely like runes: this does NOT mean they can write, or have any ability to do with ink whatsoever. Writing and ink may be related in many countries, but... Not here? The argument doesn't make sense. I doubt the Scripts even have appendages developed enough to be able to hold a quill.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

2 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

And the Script's patternings are literally just patterns. Like how butterfly wing's evolve to look like predator eyes so they won't get eaten: this does NOT mean they can see through them. Many geckoes have tails that look like leaves so they're disguised as plants: this does NOT mean that the geckoes are actual plants or leaves.

Writing is a pattern, not an organ

2 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I doubt the Scripts even have appendages developed enough to be able to hold a quill.

Why does that matter?

5 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

Why does that matter?

The 'writing' here is an organ. It's on the skin. The skin is an organ, it's not writing. This isn't writing. It's not ink. It's proteins produced by the skin cells that make colors in patterns that resemble runes, but they're not real runes and they're not ink.

I don't know if you're thinking the patterns are tattoos, but they're not. They're natural.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

2 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

???? How in any way is that relevant? A gecko tail isn't an organ either??

2 minutes ago, Malurosa said:

Why does that matter?

Because you're trying to say they write, with ink! And there's no way they'd be able to!

I really don't feel like trying to argue this point anymore. I don't support the BSA, but even if I did, I wouldn't support it on this dragon. The aforementioned Misfit Pygmy would be a much better fit, just playing pranks with magic instead of trying to somehow write a dragon's genetic code with ink (????).

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

The 'writing' here is an organ. It's on the skin. The skin is an organ, it's not writing. This isn't writing. It's not ink. It's proteins produced by the skin cells that make colors in patterns that resemble runes, but they're not real runes and they're not ink.

I don't know if you're thinking the patterns are tattoos, but they're not. They're natural.

I don't follow your logic.

Yeah, I gotta say the Script makes no sense for this. Misfit makes much more sense; you're focusing too hard on "color blending" at this point, which just doesn't work with the breeds we already have.

If you want actual color blending: make a new breed.

If you just want the result: Misfit Pygmy is best.

Edited by Keileon
typo