Varasse

Show action log on hatchie page (gender-related only)

I just read the Trading hub discussion thread and see someone ask for a possibility to add a note like "This hatchie was influenced/precogged ...". I would prefer it when the related part of the action log somehow shows up on the hatchie page. Not the caught, dumped, incubated parts, no name of the scroll or the BSA dragons used, only when/if the egg has been precogged and/or influenced. Something like

Hatchling will die if it doesn’t grow up in: ...

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon...

You see some kind of magical residue sticking to the hatchling which somehow leaves you under the impression that this hatchling will be male/female.

Or something like that. The text should differenciate between influence and precog. I just can't find the proper wording.

This way nobody could cheat (I can always tell I did use a BSA but if I am using the trading hub I can't post proof like I can on the forums) and the trading hub would not be cluttered with too much text.

I'd like this even for non-trading uses, so it's easier to check what gender I found a thing would be.

It may be immersion-breaking, but text like:

[Revealed MALE by precognition]

[Influenced FEMALE]

would be quite clear and easy to understand. You could italicise it instead of square brackets or something.

17 minutes ago, osmarks said:

It may be immersion-breaking, but text like:

[Revealed MALE by precognition]

[Influenced FEMALE]

would be quite clear and easy to understand. You could italicise it instead of square brackets or something.

I would love this! I often have to go back through pages of my action log to find out what gender I have determined or influenced. This would save me a lot of time.

I don't really see this as immersion-breaking. The terms are already used when the BSAs are applied.

Edited by purplehaze

Hmmmmmm...

In someways I'd like something like this. It WOULD make things nicer for trades, as well as being an easy way to check for influence or precogging as @osmarks pointed out.

That said I ALSO agree with what they said about it being somewhat immersion breaking and WONDER if there is a way something like this could be included without being quite so intrusive?

1 minute ago, JavaTigress said:

Hmmmmmm...

In someways I'd like something like this. It WOULD make things nicer for trades, as well as being an easy way to check for influence or precogging as @osmarks pointed out.

That said I ALSO agree with what they said about it being somewhat immersion breaking and WONDER if there is a way something like this could be included without being quite so intrusive?

There was the suggestion right in the OP about phrasing it as magical residue or something, but I'd probably just find that annoying.

3 minutes ago, osmarks said:

There was the suggestion right in the OP about phrasing it as magical residue or something, but I'd probably just find that annoying.

What I wonder IS if a dragon has been precogged as male or female, couldn't it just appear where it normally would on the dragons page?

At least for hatchies... I am unsure that could work for eggies because THOSE can, in theory still be influenced.

Barring being influenced differently.... as far as I know the Aeons are never wrong?

Edited by JavaTigress

This just makes sense. It’d be so much easier and make so much sense if we could see on the hatchie (and egg, tbh) pages what actions were used on it. Sometimes I forget what’s been Influenced or Precog’d, and it’d be really helpful if I could just click on my stuff and be told if it’s been influenced male or whatever.

Also, it’s hardly immersion-breaking. In fact, I think it adds immersion. Being able to know which of your eggs has had actions used on it is quite realistic, and as I mentioned above, just makes sense.

So yeah, I’d definitely support a little message on the page saying like “You recall your Pink Dragon influencing this egg/hatchling to be female”, or “Your Aeon looked into the future, to reveal this egg would be male” and stuff like that 

55 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

This just makes sense. It’d be so much easier and make so much sense if we could see on the hatchie (and egg, tbh) pages what actions were used on it. Sometimes I forget what’s been Influenced or Precog’d, and it’d be really helpful if I could just click on my stuff and be told if it’s been influenced male or whatever.

Also, it’s hardly immersion-breaking. In fact, I think it adds immersion. Being able to know which of your eggs has had actions used on it is quite realistic, and as I mentioned above, just makes sense.

So yeah, I’d definitely support a little message on the page saying like “You recall your Pink Dragon influencing this egg/hatchling to be female”, or “Your Aeon looked into the future, to reveal this egg would be male” and stuff like that 

Actually... you are right, thinking on it. It would make sense if we recalled asking one of our dragons to do an action on an egg ( Influence itor use its time magic to precogg).

That would be a GOOD way to handle it.

This would be great! I like the straightforward wording, "This egg was influenced male," etc, but I would be very happy to see this info displayed on an egg or hatchling's page in any way.

Maybe it could go on the info side, where breeding info is displayed for adult dragons. Something like,

Last Action: Aug 08, 2018

Influence: Male

To match the format of the breeding/progeny info.

My concern about immersions breaking was about if it used non-immersive text like "[INFLUENCED FEMALE]" but it could be handled differently as other people have shown.

This sounds like a marvelous idea! I know that I am often combing through (or just using Ctrl+F to search for codes) in the Action log. But having it on the main page of the egg/hatchling would be such a time saver.

I came to the suggestions specifically to look for this kind of a topic as I've noticed myself hoping for a feature like this many times. I say at the very least show it on dragons that are used in any trading hub interactions to give us some way to tell whether another person is telling the truth about a hatchling's gender or not. Full support.

12 hours ago, Nagapie said:

I came to the suggestions specifically to look for this kind of a topic as I've noticed myself hoping for a feature like this many times. I say at the very least show it on dragons that are used in any trading hub interactions to give us some way to tell whether another person is telling the truth about a hatchling's gender or not. Full support.

sadly, they can tell you they influenced it and be truthful and still have it miss-gender.  Influence is not 100%.  

Not saying this wouldn't be useful, but people don't have to be lying for things to not come out right. 

3 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

sadly, they can tell you they influenced it and be truthful and still have it miss-gender.  Influence is not 100%.  

Not saying this wouldn't be useful, but people don't have to be lying for things to not come out right. 

So very true.... Elizabeth's Jewel still hurts.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/iJbJ2

My first shimmer. My first influence fail :(

Seeing a "Trade me back my x, the hatchie you sent me was the wrong gender..." message on the hub made me remember this thread.

I would still love to see this implemented.

1 hour ago, Zimtie said:

Seeing a "Trade me back my x, the hatchie you sent me was the wrong gender..." message on the hub made me remember this thread.

I would still love to see this implemented.

Technically that is not allowed. It's both calling out one player, and harrassment. Either way, that's a trade that should be reported.

As for actual suggestion, I'm neutral. It would help some. I've always figured if I took a chance on a low time egg/engendered hatchling that was my choice. Influence doesn't fail now at least.

I would love something like this, and I think it could easily be implemented in a way that fits with the site/doesnt break immersion. If people are concerned about it breaking immersion or whatnot, it could potentially be added in the Actions page? Maybe in a section that lists previous actions taken on that egg/hatchie? (Like the regular action log, but just for that particular egg/hatchie, that way people who think it breaks immersion/dont like it/dont want to see it/etc wouldnt have to see it every time they go to their egg/hatchie. 

12 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I've always figured if I took a chance on a low time egg/engendered hatchling that was my choice.

Yeah, it is, but it'd be nice to decrease the amount of "taking a chance" needed, especially since offers are exclusive to one trade only and making someone wait just so their hatchling will gender is no fun on either end when there's no communication to let them know you're interested so they don't cancel the trade prematurely or to be notified they'd like to accept your offer later.

8 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yeah, it is, but it'd be nice to decrease the amount of "taking a chance" needed, especially since offers are exclusive to one trade only and making someone wait just so their hatchling will gender is no fun on either end when there's no communication to let them know you're interested so they don't cancel the trade prematurely or to be notified they'd like to accept your offer later.

That would be why I said I was neutral. It won't affect the limited trading I do in any significant way, but I see how could help others. 

Came here to make the same suggestion. It would be such a huge quality of life improvement, both for personal use and trading use. I sometimes forget what I influenced something, or what the precognition result was, and it's not fun to have to sift through the action log. Yes, you can ctrl+F, but if you breed or AP hunt a lot you'll often have to spend time scroll through the pages. Why is there not a search bar in the action log anyway?

Having the influence/precognition result show on the egg/hatchling page in the same way the Ward BSA does would make trading so much easier. You'd just remove the steps of finding the trading partner's forum account, screenshotting influence/precog proof, and sending it to them.