TJ09

2018-03-07 - Forum Moderator Applications

Oh yeah! I'm not going to be on my lonesome anymore! Come to me, my GD children!! XD 

hi all, I am not looking to be a mod but what does 'You must have at most one active warning point. Past warn history will be taken into account, but it won't affect too much. ' mean?  I recently came back after 2 years away from DC... I am a bit behind on all the new stuffs implemented in the last 2 years.  thanks.

The forums were upgraded during your absence.

The warning system changed from a percentage (1 warn usually gave 10% warning level) to a points system (1 warn is usually worth 1 point).  However, just like on the old system, warning points decay and disappear if you don't accrue any more warnings before they would normally expire.

To apply for a moderator position, you can only have up to one current warn on your account.  Past warn history will be considered but it's not going to be the be all end all.  We all grow and mature.

Edited by LadyLyzar

gratzles on new positions and on all people applying may the odds be ever in your favor i myself am not a lvl 4 yet so i will not be applying this go around XD

17 minutes ago, nextavengers said:

Why do you have to have a warning point to apply?

You have to have 1 warning point or less. It just means you can't have 2 or more active warning points. 'u'

I would like to add that some warnings have been issued for unintentional breaches of protocol following lack of awareness regarding DC's book of rules. It is a rather weighty tome, and we can't expect everyone to have the patience or the time to read through them all. It's not always about maturity.

The rules in Site Discussion are more weighty, and Trading has its own set of rules too, and Dragon Requests. I would need context on which rules were the issue. You can PM me the information if you'd like, @Sesshomaru.

Congratulations, LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw!  :D  You deserve that!

I look forward to seeing the new mods. 

I don't frequent the forums enough to consider applying, but good luck to all!

Congratulations, LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw! (Not gonna tag y’all as I feel you probably have enough notifications)

And best of luck to all who apply!

Congratulations, LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw! 

Thank you for everything you have help me with on here. Keep up the great work.

Oh man. I kind of want to apply, but I fear RL :( Good luck to everyone and grats to our two new global mods!

If some are hesitant on applying because of RL issues, RL happens to us all and we're not expected to be here 24/7. If you show you have the maturity and the desire to be a mod, those are the main qualifications. The reason we have multiple mods per section is to ensure we have coverage as often as possible, including when real life happens. We're understanding about it, real life comes first.

6 minutes ago, Godzalla said:

Hello, is still opened? as i sent the pm to TJ but he seems to be offline since Thursday XD 

The deadline is March 21st. :) He can always properly look at all the applications at once after it's closed.

Edited by SkyWolf25
typo

Just now, SkyWolf25 said:

The deadline is May 21st. :) He can always properly look at all the applications at once after it's closed.

Oh okay then. thanks a lot for updating me :D