Starlessknight

Username change!

Pleaaaaase add user change. It can be set up so the first change is free but anything after that you have to pay with shards or something. I was surprised to find that DC doesn’t have a user change 

I'm going to confirm at this point that username changing is coming (hopefully within the next few months). It'll be part of a larger rework of the account settings area. The current plan is as follows:

* Usernames can be changed once per year.

* The old username will redirect to the new one for 30 days.

* Previously-used usernames will not be able to be reclaimed or registered by anyone.

* Simple changes (i.e. changing letter case) can be done at any time.

15 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I'm going to confirm at this point that username changing is coming (hopefully within the next few months). It'll be part of a larger rework of the account settings area. The current plan is as follows:

* Previously-used usernames will not be able to be reclaimed or registered by anyone.

Thank you SO so much TJ

I'm so happy this will be a thing soon. I actually changed my forum name a few days ago to match my scroll name... XD

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Yes! Thank you for this! The history will wear out^^

Edited by VixenDra

8 hours ago, TJ09 said:

c3075056fc7a80f266d78517e62bf1a8.gif

Epic, thank you!  ❤️ My scroll name is so outdated, aside DC I use that nickname on only one site now that doesn't allow username changes yet as well. Can't wait!

9 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Amazing news!!  Thank you, TJ!!!!

12 hours ago, TJ09 said:

It's been 13 years but I will finally have a capital M.

BASED

Not an issue for me, unless I decide to capitalize my d, but I know it will be a big help for many here. Thank you, TJ.

I might even capitalise mine, but that's all I'd do. My dergs know where they live - I don't want to confuse them !

I will change the caps to match my forum name. Thanks T.J. 

On 3/19/2021 at 12:29 AM, TJ09 said:

Looks like I messed up by making a placeholder account :^| big whoops

Can deleted accounts have their name claimed in the future? Seems fair to me but idk if even that would cause problems

You shouldn't ever have had more than one account - assuming you mean scroll. Scrolls never get deleted, though they can be burned - so I would assume no.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:29 AM, TJ09 said:

Good on ya for this. Never have I seen more havoc than when old names can be used by others (be it as trolls or for legitimate reasons)

While I'm not affected by this - I hope it will help others.