Ruby Eyes

Bring back gallery Avatars

Now that apparently not only the ability to *pick* an avatar from the gallery is gone, but also the previously set gallery avatars all disappeared and left broken avatar boxes all over the place, I'm suggesting this:

- restore the old gallery to its old place (so that existing profile pictures automagically get "repaired") - this may actually be a bugfix? Not sure.

- provide a link to said gallery so that users can pick one from there by using the "Import from URL" option.

They wouldn't be animated (blinking) anymore after the import, but at least they'd be there again. I mean, that's what they were created for, no?

Edited by LadyLyzar

Yes, please. I didn't use them, but I miss those little dragon faces!

I'm not sure that the new invision has this facility... Just wondering !

Obviously not. But the avatars were stored until recently in a folder on the forum server - no clue why that disappeared even.

But it shouldn't be too difficult for TJ to provide a list with the images in that folder and their links for easy use with the already existing "Import from URL" option (once he brought back that folder, of course).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Yes please! I haven't used those in awhile, but they were all so cute and it sucks to lose them. There must be some way to at least give a link to a folder or storage place or *something* so we can use them.

I don't use them, but I always liked seeing them and knowing that they were there if I ever wanted to. Please bring them back. 

I don't know what happened to them - a lot of things went weird with the forum when it was upgraded.

I'll upload the ones that I made, but those are the only ones I have access to at the moment.

If you want to use any of these, please save them onto your own computer for now.

dragonicon.jpg

sficon.jpg

wolfdragon.png

blueanim.gif

goldanim.gif

silveranim.gif

sravasm.JPG

bronzeanim.gif

Edited by LadyLyzar

TJ has fixed the broken links.  Enjoy your avatars.

However I do not see an option yet to view the gallery as to select a new one, so I'll look into that.

Edited by LadyLyzar

Repeating my suggestion from the "Avatar missing" thread: If it is not possible to reimplement the avatar gallery, it would be nice to have a central forum post that has all of the former gallery avatars in it, so that we can take them from there. Ideally hosted somewhere else but on the forums so that we can simply copy the image URL. :)

Apparently the new forum lost the avatar gallery feature, so it is no longer possible to choose one this way.

However, since we apparently have access to the avatars somewhere, I'll see if I can get them and put them all in a place where users can access them.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:19 AM, Imago said:

Repeating my suggestion from the "Avatar missing" thread: If it is not possible to reimplement the avatar gallery, it would be nice to have a central forum post that has all of the former gallery avatars in it, so that we can take them from there. Ideally hosted somewhere else but on the forums so that we can simply copy the image URL. :)

The feature no longer exists within the software, but it can be reimplemented (I've already made a number of tweaks to the software). I'm going to leave this thread open to track interest.

I didn't personally use this feature, but I liked that it was around. If I wasn't attached to the avatar that I already have, I would definitely have used it.

On 11/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, TJ09 said:

The feature no longer exists within the software, but it can be reimplemented (I've already made a number of tweaks to the software). I'm going to leave this thread open to track interest.

And now it does:

gallery.png

Enjoy!

Don't personally use this(too attached to my avatar haha) but glad to see it's back! Thanks TJ!

Oh, awesome! :D I'm quite attached to my current avatar still, but when I first joined the forum I used the female Vampire avatar. I'm glad they're back! And with the avatars from the V-day event included! Yay! Thanks, TJ! :)

I missed those little guys so much! Was wonderinh where they went! Lovely to see them back (with the addition of the V-Day sprites too!! Awesome :D)