thewisdomninja

Dragcave site and forums running slowly

I've noticed that since the Halloween event started, the dragcave site has been running slowly for me. The forums are running just as slow as the regular site as well. Every other website I go on runs fine, so I thought it might've been the stored cookies. I cleared out all the cookies and search history and whatnot, and it's still very slow. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this issue. I'm using the site with my phone. Thank you!

1 minute ago, AkiresaYasonska said:

i could only assume the servers overloaded with ective amount of people dragons being online

I've been on site since 2010 and I've never run into any issues like this. I'm on quite often, too, and this just started to happen. You might be right though, there were so many people on during the Halloween event. I just don't know why the effects would linger on until now

For what it's worth, I've noticed it being slower than normal this holiday too. I've been doing holidays here since 2012, never missed one in that time, and it's never been this slow and laggy for me except at peak times (in the first couple of hours after breeding starts, for instance). This has been constant since the start of the breeding.

I've been on hiatus the past couple of years, but I definitely recall periods of horrific lag before that that were far worse than what we're experiencing now (or earlier today, anyway; things seem to be improving). Once everyone gets what they want out of the AP I expect everything will be just fine.

Edited by LibbyLishly
Clarification

It's been slow for me, today especially. I usually notice some slowness around the hour mark, but it's been constant today. A part of traffic is likely

Lagmonster is killing me!! :lol: I'm hoping that once the holiday's disappear from the AP, we'll be free from lag! But I feel like that might take a loooong time. :lol:

Edited by mouse050909

The cave has seemed incredibly slow for me as well, even for a holiday… Though I'd suspect we've probably got higher traffic than usual with the re-release of CB holidays?

3 minutes ago, Alexiel Dragoness said:

For me it's the same, both the website and forums are really slow.

For me, the forum is taking longer than usual, but the website is still running way slower.

Yeah both the cave and forums have been way slow for me, though I still managed to get the things I needed this year.

Yea, the increased traffic on the holiday has slowed things down. As far as I remember that's always happened.

I've been experiencing the same issues as well, though I mainly play during off-peak hours due to time zones. It's probably worth noting that prior to this Halloween (with exception to Raffle prizes) there's never been an instance of holidays being re-released. I imagine that, in conjunction with the regular holiday crowd has created a fairly notable increase in traffic. On top of the sheer amount of bred eggs, the CB ones people were dropping to the AP could also be creating a bit of lag if large numbers of eggs impact those things. It should hopefully settle over the next couple of days to weeks, and will probably kick up again around Christmas.

Edited by Omen

Same issue here. Particularly, I find myself clicking a link 20 times because I think MY computer froze, and it hasn't... DC is just that damn slow. It doesn't even register the click for almost a minute. :/

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

The websites gone very slowly for me... off and on. I'll get times where I have to wait 30seconds to a minute before a click registers, other times it refreshes like before the halloween event.. Lag's made hunting for things quite a bit more difficult than normal difficult.

I'm so used to lag that it seems normal other than when I'm using the 3g on my phone.  My wifi has been performing better than average, so right now it's actually fast for me.

lol I posted this on Thursday and had like two comments and I just got back on dragcave today and now there's many more. As of right now, the forums seem to be running a bit faster but the actual site is still slow. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing some lag, I was hoping that it wasn't my phone giving out on me.

I've never had anything run this slow on my laptop before. The site was soooo insanely slow to even load, let alone catch eggs. I assumed it was just all the people for the Halloween event, but man, it's still just as bad. The forums are back to normal thankfully, but it's just such a chore to even get onto the site. I hope it's fixed soon...

19 minutes ago, kickthepeejay said:

I've never had anything run this slow on my laptop before. The site was soooo insanely slow to even load, let alone catch eggs. I assumed it was just all the people for the Halloween event, but man, it's still just as bad. The forums are back to normal thankfully, but it's just such a chore to even get onto the site. I hope it's fixed soon...

I think for now it might just be the hatchie wall, once it clears everything should be back to normal! Well, at least until the holidays come!

I've noticed it too, and at periods where there really isn't a huge amount of site traffic according to the counter (and especially not in comparison to past holidays). I've been here for pretty much all the holiday releases and remember some atrocious lag/downtime, but nothing like this where it's gone on so long after the initial drop and after the wall of AP eggs switches back to non-holidays. Maybe it's not, but it seems like something beyond just increased traffic.

Edit: unrelated, but recently I also noticed all by biome headers squash together - Firefox, latest version, no adblockers. Anyone else experiencing this? I can't seem to find the cause!

Edited by alyelle