TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

So excited to see a chance to get CB event dragons from previous years. The only one I am missing a CB for is the vampire which is also the only one I have not yet seen.

Have egg locked myself from the abandoned page with some of the ones I need to complete the encyclopedia entries. Fingers crossed I can get the last of those plus the new eggs before the end of the event.

Regarding the trick or treating, I too have had it reset, losing 4 candies. It seemed to reset as the cave went down for maintenance. I got my fourth candy and then decided to alter the outfit, but when I went back into the event it told me to pick again. The next click showed the maintenance message. When it came back online I still had to pick again and start over.

The pics to click around the site don't seem to be affected, just the trick or treating bit.

Despite the (hopefully soon to be resolved) glitch, it looks like a fun event. Thank you!

I love this event, it is so adorable!

And the Halloween biome is an interesting new idea. I just fear that it will then be harder to get eggs, because people are not spread over several biomes anymore. But we will see

My candies and visits were restored, thank you so much! <3

I really love this event, too, it's such an adorable idea :) Something nice and simple too, thank you to all the artists and to TJ for this cute event <3

*Loads up DC to get a head start on breeding later gen holidays*
*Lag intensifies*

*Goes to IRC to chat when server goes down*
CB past dragons?

*Actually reads first post*

oooooooh

Lag is suddenly quite reasonable, given that.

40 minutes ago, IlaQuickel said:

So what hatchling did you guys pick for the event? I had a hard time choosing between Black Marrow (my favorite Halloween dragon) and Witchight? I ended up with Black Marrow. I couldn't help it, she was just too darn adorable!

It took me a minute between the desipis (my second favorite dragon on the site) and the witchlight (my absolute favorite) but I went with the witchlight for obvious reasons.

I was kinda hoping for each one to have it's own personality but this is still a really cute event.

Ugh. The lag is so bad now I can't catch anything. I have one last slot that I want to fill with pretty much *anything* and it's impossible. *grumble grumble*

YES caught two black marrows in a two minute drop after a couple hours of a dry spell <3

EDIT: Also my hatchling is a witchlight! Also had a near-impossible time choosing.

Edited by DorkJulian

I was hoping for a pair of Shadow Walkers, but so far I've been unable to catch any of the old CBs. *sigh*

On the + side, I just got a teeny tiny leetle Pumpkin dragon treat. :wub:

Are there any CB vampires in the cave? >.> I know they're a Halloweenie but as they're the only one we can get year round, would they appear in the new biome?

So far, only CB I have been able to grab is a Witchlight, which I have plenty of from the original release...And trying to grab on the five min drops is impossible - More often than not, I don't even see the drop...

3 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

.And trying to grab on the five min drops is impossible - More often than not, I don't even see the drop...

Me neither, the biome runs dry in less than 10 seconds, which is insane.

It gets almost impossible to get catch with more than 50 peoploe in biome, but 150?

Edited by Morell

I think the drops need to last a bit longer cause getting an egg is ridiculous now.

2 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

Are there any CB vampires in the cave? >.> I know they're a Halloweenie but as they're the only one we can get year round, would they appear in the new biome?

I have not seen any but have only watched half a dozen or so drops. It is the only CB Halloween dragon I don't have so am hoping it is there.  

Just got another Black Marrow so egglocked until later today. The drops are way crazy though. 

Didn't even get to see the hour drop, the lag is that bad atm. Doesn't help my internet is sporadic at best :/

Aaaaaah! I hate the st.... lag!

Anyway, thanks TJ and everybody else involved in creating all this!

6 minutes ago, RagaDal said:

Just got another Black Marrow so egglocked until later today. The drops are way crazy though. 

111 people in the cave which is unusual for this time of day.

I egglocked myself from the abandoned page for ones to unlock encyclopedia images. Luckily that was flooded with ones I needed. Figured I already had CBs of those so would only look for my missing CB vampire in the new biome. That will have to wait until I am unlocked though, when hopefully it will be a bit quieter.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

DC sure knows how to keep everything on the down-low.

That Halloween biome  cave was a surprise to everyone.

I hope there is a CB Vampire egg in there with my name on it.

Finally caught an egg. Wasnt the Marrow that I so desperately want, but I did pick up a Desipis, which is still awesome. <3

Competition sure is tough! Especially with cruddy internet and only mobile access! XD

The event hatchlings were all so cute that I had trouble choosing just one favorite but I ended up picking the Cavern Lurker. ^_^

It's so cool that the past Halloween dragons are making a comeback too, I sure hope I can get one of each!

Wow, what a neat idea! No chance to get an egg so far, though, y'all are just way too fast for me! :P

I can't believe I just noticed the Hallowe'en biome... Here I am, busily breeding my dragons... when I could be getting old CBs.

Thank you so much, TJ - you've made a hopeless dreamer extremely happy today :D