Zeditha

Christmas Gifts

This is a tangent from the 'ideas to limit recurring Prize winners' thread.

My idea is that, each time you go to the raffle page to enter, you have two options: enter the monthly raffle, or save up your entry. If you save it, you are not entered in the raffle.

The reason that you would want to do this is that, at the end of December every year, a small 'Christmas Gift' event would be held!

If you have at least 6 raffle entries saved up, you have access to a 'small gift'. This would include things like Blusangs, Nebulae, and Coppers - things you don't usually see in-cave, but that aren't 'proper' rares.

If you have 12 entries saved, you get access to a rare gift. This includes CB Silvers, Golds, and Prizes.

My thought was that the gifts could be randomly given from the pool you enter, but a system for choosing could be an option too.

I do think that the entries you save up should carry over each year.

If you have 12 tickets, you should still have the option to enter the 'small gift' pool, and it should only take 6 of your tickets.

Perhaps the information of how many entries you've saved could go on the raffle page.

Any further comments/improvements/suggestions?

(The idea of this is to have a store-like work and reward, but without the 'store' placing a value on everything and being simple enough and based off a pre-existing system such that it has a chance of being implemented.)

6 raffle entries - so 6 months of not entering the raffle for a CB Nebula? :wacko:

I would say 6 raffle entries for CB Silver / 9 raffle entries for CB Gold and 12 raffle entries for a CB Prize. Even that is too much... Would the saved raffle entries stack even if you decided to enter the raffle whenever in between?

But I don't really like this idea... To me personally Silvers would be worth like 3 CB raffle entries :L

I'd be for ift a yearfull of saved raffle tickets gave me a CB Prize guaranteed and I could possibly have MF CBs each (12 years to get them all! D: ), no other breeds in the pot such as Golds (unless one can choose strictly what they are to get: If I choose a Silver Shimmer, I DO get a Silver Shimmer, not a Tinsel, not a Gold Shimmer, not a CB Gold... a Silver Shimmer). I don't care for other dragons, CB Golds either, my other scroll goals are all reached, and if I wanted a pair of CB Golds I can always offer CB Halloweens each year.

If choice is not an option, then maybe this: 1st time you get guaranteed Bronze Shimmmer or Tinsel (a draw between the 2), next time you get the other breed's Bronze. On the 3rd and 4th time you get the sivers same way, and on 5th and 6th you get the golds same way, in the 7th time it restarts and goes again the same way, and so on and so forth. This means that to get the 1st gold Prize this way it takes minimum 5 years if you participate every single time, if you skip a year, this time gets longer. As people have different CB Prie goals (I want 2, many want 1 or 4) this would make it possible to reach any goal someday, with persistence and patience.

Still, would prefer the Store the way this forum invented it... But your suggestion is probably simplier, so maybe?

Saving 12 entries can mean both: one can get more Prizes than they would via sheer luck if they were to loose 12 times, it's 1 more then, but also that one would get fewer prizes than they maybe would via sheer luck as quite a few users win not only more than once but also multiple times in a row! And since you never know, taking the risk of either this or that is your decision and you'd never know if you'd have won more if you didn't save the 12 entries. Also, the more people decide for that 1 guaranteed Prize, the higher chances of those who don't save up. Reminds me of the upside down Mints in the last April Fool's mini-event...

But, please, don't mix CB Golds etc. in the same pot as Prizes if there is to be no possibility to choose...

That's a great idea, one of the best I've seen! I'd love for that to happen, maybe the chance of getting a third CB holiday dragon would be great to! 

So everyone gets a guaranteed CB Prize? Every year? That certainly should satisfy those who feel entitled. And they don't really even have to play the game for that year to get it. Just show up once a month to mark a check box and you're good?

34 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Just show up once a month to mark a check box and you're good?

Almost. You'd need to raise 3 dragons to adulthood every month and you're good :D

And for 11 months, you're a HM winner XD

Honestly, I don't see much value in this suggestion. When I saw the title and read the first few words, I was wondering if we could actually *gift* our raffle entries to somebody else or something, but this is something different. *shrugs*

Edited by Ruby Eyes

IF this was the only way to change Prize-dragon-getting, IF this was the only Prize-changing suggestion TJ would go for, then yeah I'd support it. Personally I like the store suggestion *much* better, it gives more options and to me is just more interesting. But if I could save up my raffle entries for a year (or however long) to get a guaranteed Prize, that would be awesome. And it's certainly not as simple as "marking a checkbox", you'd also have to meet the requirements for the raffle every month (and I've always strongly supported having varied and more "difficult" requirements, so I'd certainly prefer if that happened if this suggestion were to happen). In certain ways this is a lot like the store, in that you get entries/tickets/shards/whatever by doing things you'd normally do as an active player, and you'd have to save up for a certain amount of time, it wouldn't be instant and it wouldn't be all that easy. But it would be a better way to get Prizes, imo, then relying purely on luck with the raffle.

Somehow, I intended to express the very same sentiment as Marie above, but, well, she beat me to it. I agree on absolutely all points.

2 hours ago, Marie19R said:

IF this was the only way to change Prize-dragon-getting, IF this was the only Prize-changing suggestion TJ would go for, then yeah I'd support it. Personally I like the store suggestion *much* better, it gives more options and to me is just more interesting. But if I could save up my raffle entries for a year (or however long) to get a guaranteed Prize, that would be awesome. And it's certainly not as simple as "marking a checkbox", you'd also have to meet the requirements for the raffle every month (and I've always strongly supported having varied and more "difficult" requirements, so I'd certainly prefer if that happened if this suggestion were to happen). In certain ways this is a lot like the store, in that you get entries/tickets/shards/whatever by doing things you'd normally do as an active player, and you'd have to save up for a certain amount of time, it wouldn't be instant and it wouldn't be all that easy. But it would be a better way to get Prizes, imo, then relying purely on luck with the raffle.

The original purpose of my thread was to get ideas on ways how to limit reoccurring raffle winners but all anyone ever focused on was the store. Yes, I had that listed as an option in my thread but it was all anyone talked about before TJ closed it, so can we not drag it back in? My new Suggestion is to raise the requirements for the people who has and will win instead of simply raising three dragons. 

I think this is a nice idea. Players can either take their chances with the monthly raffles (and possibly win more Prizes as a result) or save up their entries for a year to guarantee owning one. Can I make a few suggestions though?

1. I don't think a CB Nebula is equal in value to 6 months worth of entries. I see them in the cave pretty often. Maybe it's just me, but CB Golds and Silvers seem more fair.

2. I think I would prefer being able to choose a gift over being given something random. For example, I would rather have a CB Silver than Gold. 

3. Perhaps add a 1-2 month "gift pool" for things like CB Coppers, Xenowyrms, and Unbreedables? 

4. I know this thread isn't about CB Holidays, but...maybe a pool could be added for them as well? But they could only be obtained during their holidays? 

I see that you intended this as a simpler alternative to the store, which is fair, but I'd rather see the store itself. As others have said before me, though, if this is the ONLY way in which a store-like function is added, then sure. I think it would be easier to do one of these two options, however, rather than lumping in everything uncommon / rare:

1) Keep it applicable to prizes, and ONLY prizes, since they're what the raffle was always meant for, or

2) Allow 6 tickets = CB Gold and 3 tickets = CB Silver. These are the most "standard" rares and I think adding anything else would fall into the same trouble of defining rarity that is precisely what you're worried might make the store too complex to add.

I can see we're not going to please everyone.

For one thing, I'd like to point out that I, too, support the store over this suggestion. The idea behind it is that the store seems to be too big/complex/game-changing/controversial to implement, so adding a smaller, simpler mechanic as an add-on to a pre-existing feature might have a better chance of making it into the game. But TJ, please! We do want the store! XD

The thought behind suggesting a random 'pool' of gifts was twofold: for one, the thought that some people do like rng. But those people can always simply participate in the luck-based raffles anyway.

My second thought was that most people would prefer a Gold Prize since they're rarer (or Silver because they're pretty) to Bronze, which would eradicate that rarity distinction. Somehow, I'm just about fine with ~50% of users suddenly having a Prize the first Christmas after this is implemented, but not with those Prizes being out of proportion. Gold:Silver:Bronze has always been 1:2:3 (I think) and somehow the idea of allowing everyone to choose whichever they want doesn't seem right.

I'd suggest some form of minigame, but it would be impossible to make it suitable for everyone, and it would seem unfair to bias towards those who can play a certain minigame.

I can't think of anything that would work to keep the ratio of Prizes intact other than a simple RNG.

4 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

The original purpose of my thread was to get ideas on ways how to limit reoccurring raffle winners but all anyone ever focused on was the store. Yes, I had that listed as an option in my thread but it was all anyone talked about before TJ closed it, so can we not drag it back in? My new Suggestion is to raise the requirements for the people who has and will win instead of simply raising three dragons. 

I barely mentioned the store at all, but I think it's rather pointless to make a suggestion and then try to stop people from pointing out that another suggestion might work better. If you limit what people are allowed to say regarding the suggestion, then a good conversation about the suggestion will be very limited as well.

As I said, I would support this suggestion, and pretty much any other suggestion aimed at helping people get Prizes in some *real* way besides simply relying on luck.

I think the thought behind not bringing up the store too much is that anyone who's in favour of this suggestion is likely more in favour of the store, and that is, in a way, the point. This suggestion is a simpler and less game-changing idea that hopefully has a better chance of getting into the game (maybe as a precursor to the store?)

A thought for somewhat maintaining the relative rarities of the three Prize colours.

Perhaps you can for, say, 6 tickets, enter a 'pool' for all 6 Prizes (or one of two, one for each species), of which you get a random one (and of course, they would be given appropriate ratios). Or, you could spend 7 for a guaranteed Bronze, 8 for a Silver or 9 for Gold.

Alternatively, you could price it at 6 for the pool, 5 for Bronze, 6 for Silver and 7 for Gold.

The numbers aren't my focus; the idea is that a bronze is cheaper than the pool, encouraging anyone who just wants any Prize to take a Bronze, which would hopefully skew the ratio for the pool towards the Silver and Gold, while anyone who wants a specific dragon can get it. Or, you spend a little extra for guaranteed bronze, a little more than that for Silver, and more still for Gold.

(On another thought, perhaps pricing the pool with the Bronze rather than the Silver would encourage a nicer ratio?)

Nah, in this case, a gold would need to cost as much as three bronzes, and a silver as much as two bronzes. That would take care of the ratios - hopefully. :D

I think @Marie19R and @angelicdragonpuppy covered my exact sentiments for this suggestion. If it is to be a thing, I can guarantee I would only spend my raffle tickets on a CB gold or CB silver instead of a CB prize. The rest of the dragons can be gotten through trading/gifting/catching if you play diligently enough. I'd be pretty upset that saving up six months' worth of raffle tickets only entitled me to a copper as the rarest dragon option. I do like the idea of being entered into a guaranteed prize dragon pool depending on the number of tickets I've saved though. 

Edited by Jazeki

I'd rather spend 5 years entering the Raffles to no avail than nix 6 months of Raffle entries for something I can easily get myself... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just want a CB Prize like everyone else, is that too much to ask for!? Apparently, it is! Hehehehe. XD